Why hello there Mr. Kaineng

Attachments:

[PRO] The Protectorate of Fort Aspenwood
Shrouded Bomber

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

For those of you who want to know the score, here it is!

As for all the QQing about TC being too powerful… Even with this score, TC only wins 15 ranking at the moment.

If TC only wins 15 rankings at the end of each week, it would cost another 8 weeks of this to move to T2: TC needs 115 points to go there and no one looses more than 2 points in T1 at the moment.

Also… the higher the score of TC, the less ranking TC gets for this point gap each week, so…

Here is the score…

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

For those of you who want to know the score, here it is!

As for all the QQing about TC being too powerful… Even with this score, TC only wins 15 ranking at the moment.

If TC only wins 15 rankings at the end of each week, it would cost another 8 weeks of this to move to T2: TC needs 115 points to go there and no one looses more than 2 points in T2.

And the higher the score of TC, the less ranking TC gets for this point gap each week!

Here is the score…

Wakey wakey, isn’t this T2 already? :/

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Gamblit.5041

Gamblit.5041

A page from the Game of Thrones books.

You got your Lannisters: Tarnished Coast.
Rich on man power and resources.
Jaime Lannister: Jadon[Pink] – Likes to fight.
Cersei Lannister: Coral + Kitty[PF]
Tywin Lannister: Azelroth[MoM] – Patient and tactful.
Gregor Clegane: Nightlight[CERN]
Tyrells would be the Crystal Desert guilds that joined TC.

You got your Starks: Fort Aspenwood
They win the fights, but lose the War.

You got your Targaryan: Kaineng.
They look weak, but they are slowly rising.
Dragons: WM + KOR – feared in the past, but not so strong anymore.

(edited by Gamblit.5041)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Gregor isn’t a Lannister.

I would think FA would be more on par with the Wildlings too.

[SU]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Kaineng without [WM]: Varys (the eunuch)

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Kaineng without [WM]: Varys (the eunuch)

Okay, now I am scared. Varys is awesome and scary all at once.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Jammie Lannister: Jadon[Pink] – Likes to fight.
Cersei Lannistor: Coral

That are the borther & sister that have a secret afair, right?
Clearly, those two hide it VERY well!

Too funny for words, too funny for words!

On a related side-note, the score! As you can all see, this tier is sooooooo unbalanced now that TC has a few extra Oceanic WvWers from CD!

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

It was a rather sad evening last night in the FABL. TSL/ZN/Militia basically moved from POI to POI at will. BT made a very brief showing with a decent amount of people, took back a number of POI, started working on taking the Bay and poof, they were gone.

Tonight is guild mission night.After that I may have a soak in the hotprings and rp it up a little bit just for the hell of it and then it will be on to the wars.See you all then.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Jammie Lannister always goes well on Toast.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

I would rather be Lady Briene of Tarth. She was kicking Jammies kitten on that bridge.

I find her beautiful in an elephant man sort of way.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Dragons: WM – feared in the past, but not so strong anymore.

More numbers plays weak, Few numbers plays strong

- General Jang Gun [WM]

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

(edited by SpitFire.4690)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I would rather be Lady Briene of Tarth. She was kicking Jammies kitten on that bridge.

I find her beautiful in an elephant man sort of way.

I believe his name is actually Jaime Lannister .. but was enjoying the jam/toast pun

And yes Briene is all kinds of awesome

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

Lets not spoil the Game of Thrones for people watching the show still haha. In before someone points out that lannisters have been hiding in their keeps and refuse to fight in the open field. Trolls incoming!

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Yodaman.3274

Yodaman.3274

Moments where you know you love WvW:

Finding that one special arrow cart (thanks for the crazy interest in lake TC and KN)

Attachments:

FA [BOSS]/ Ragarok Lvl 80 Ele/ Invisabelle Lvl 80 Mes/ Oni Sa Lvl 80 Thief/Hammon Lvl 80 Guardian

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Lets not spoil the Game of Thrones for people watching the show still haha. In before someone points out that lannisters have been hiding in their keeps and refuse to fight in the open field. Trolls incoming!

Wait, some people still haven’t read the books? For shame. =)

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Well on FA we do have a Nedd Stark…. And yes, I know it’s supposed to only be one D

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

He should’ve gone with the name Eddard Stark.

[SU]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

Yes i cant read good. Edumacation!

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Hey, say what you want.We have a hot blonde sister who has no problem putting out.

And yeah it may be incest but, whatever, ya know?

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

Question to FA and KN, out of curiosity, but are your WvW communities just as happy and excited to WvW at the end of the week (not with just THIS week, but I mean historically and lately to now), or do you have your moments across the week?

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Cersei Lannistor: Coral + Kitty[PF]

I like it.

Mainly because Tywin dies on the toilet and Gregor dies slowly to poison.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Lol, spoiler troll itt now.

And does that make Tywin the Elvis of GoT?

[SU]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

I like it.

I thought it was his brother, the Mountain who died from poison. I haven’t read the books in ages so I may have them mixed up.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Pervin.5036

Question to FA and KN, out of curiosity, but are your WvW communities just as happy and excited to WvW at the end of the week (not with just THIS week, but I mean historically and lately to now), or do you have your moments across the week?

From an FA perspective, it feels like our best attendance is on reset night and over the weekend. Our weekend scoring definitely reflects that. Forum warriors aside, I think our population base skews towards the college/workforce age groups, which typically means we have less participation during the week. It has seemed like this both recently but also dating back to our tier 3 days.

Also some of our bigger WvW guilds have meetings and/or bounty nights scheduled during the week, which drops attendance on random nights.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I like it.

I thought it was his brother, the Mountain who died from poison. I haven’t read the books in ages so I may have them mixed up.

Gregor is the Mountain. Sandor is the Hound.

[SU]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

From an FA perspective, it feels like our best attendance is on reset night and over the weekend. Our weekend scoring definitely reflects that. Forum warriors aside, I think our population base skews towards the college/workforce age groups, which typically means we have less participation during the week. It has seemed like this both recently but also dating back to our tier 3 days.

Also some of our bigger WvW guilds have meetings and/or bounty nights scheduled during the week, which drops attendance on random nights.

We also have the same things going on. The problem is, you guys seem to get a lot of fairweather players out on the weekend, then come monday, your forces shrink dramatically. We’ve had the same problem on TC before. Since we are an RP server though, all we have to do is throw a dolyak parade to get people to come out. Not sure what the answer is to you guys getting more militia to come out.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I tried to skim for any scheduled fight club nights but i didn’t find any, does this tier of WvW have a specific night for a large fightclub with all 3 servers? Or are they mostly spur the moment ones? For my old tier it was always Thursday nights. Wondering if you guys do anything like that. Thanks!

I don’t think this tier has fight clubs like other tiers. They should. It might bring a little respect between some people.

Im the guy that started Fight Club for WvW when RE was in DH between NSP and Maguuma lol. I know I posted it for lastweek but I also even stated that I wont be there because Work>Gym>Shower>Dinner>GW2, everyday. But it doesnt have to be me all the time to post it in a thread. I started it for WvW and it became a tradition of RE to do it everywhere we go, but any one can organize it lol.

Crazy Leg

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Pervin.5036

We also have the same things going on. The problem is, you guys seem to get a lot of fairweather players out on the weekend, then come monday, your forces shrink dramatically. We’ve had the same problem on TC before. Since we are an RP server though, all we have to do is throw a dolyak parade to get people to come out. Not sure what the answer is to you guys getting more militia to come out.

We just started kicking the tires with potentially some militia training nights during the week which hopefully will help perk interest. In addition we can do some of the off the beaten path events like karaoke night on TS (stealing this from KA) or a WvW bounty/objective night (gold rewards for hitting certain marks).

I think for all communities, TC/FA/KA, it’s a matter of trying to get some more PvE focused guilds involved more frequently that would make a huge difference later in the week.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

But Nib,

That series of books has been going on for nearly 22 years (longer than some peeps in this forum have been alive)….and Martin still isn’t finished with it.

I read the first 4 over 12 years or so, then gave up. I’ll re-read them all at once when Martin kicks the bucket or finishes the series. That guy is gettin on up there in years.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

Personally, I think the difference during the week lies primarily in population of our two servers. When one of FA’s larger WvW guilds takes a night off it means one of the borderlands is probably completely empty, when one of TC’s larger WvW guilds takes a night off it might mean one of the borderlands lacks significant organization (but not man power, since TC has that huge total server population).

I really don’t think FA has a problem with fairweathers more than any other server because the problem can actually appear magnified when we are winning rather than losing. When FA has more points the WvW guilds probably feel more comfortable doing something else for a night or two.

(edited by Expunge.4926)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Expunge.4926

If TC only wins 15 rankings at the end of each week, it would cost another 8 weeks of this to move to T2: TC needs 115 points to go there and no one looses more than 2 points in T1 at the moment.

Also… the higher the score of TC, the less ranking TC gets for this point gap each week, so…

You realize this is terrible news right? Having an even matchup where any of the servers can win any week for 8 weeks is one thing (amazing), but spending 8 weeks where everyone knows the outcome beforehand… yikes. My guild actually died during TC and FA’s first extended matchup due to stagnation in wvw, only 3 of the 50 casual players still log in. I’m sure the difference in population will only become more apparent as the weeks go on.

(edited by Expunge.4926)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

The Kaineng-Targaryen comparison doesn’t make much sense to me. In the books/show, most people in Westeros think they’re all dead. The fact that they might even still exist at all probably hasn’t even occurred to most citizens. Plus I think it makes more sense to compare three factions that are actually fighting in Westeros at the present time. I think a more accurate description would be:

TC are the Lannisters, seemingly unlimited numbers on the battlefield, lots of gold, etc. You can kill them by the boatload but they still keep coming. Probably cannot be defeated by their present foes under current circumstances.

FA are the Ironborn, opportunistic and bold but not as politically or strategically adept as the Lannisters. Better in battle than in the war room.

KN is like Stannis at Blackwater: lots of experience and confidence, but ultimately outdone by Lannister wealth and strategic maneuvering. Is winning until he gets utterly assjammed at the last minute without warning. Becomes increasingly bitter and paranoid.

I know for my part, I’ve got the whole grind-my-teeth-and-stare-at-the-waves thing down pat by now.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

nibbles.2408

But Nib,

That series of books has been going on for nearly 22 years (longer than some peeps in this forum have been alive)….and Martin still isn’t finished with it.

I read the first 4 over 12 years or so, then gave up. I’ll re-read them all at once when Martin kicks the bucket or finishes the series. That guy is gettin on up there in years.

Very true. I started reading them… 6 years ago or so, and only had to wait about a year for Dance with Dragons to come out. But I remember reading all the “updates” on Mr. Martin’s website about how it would be released on a particular date, and that date had already passed.

As for the topic at hand, I would agree with you Expunge. The weekend we were winning we had a noticeable drop in population during the week, so those that didn’t show up you can’t technically call fairweathers because, according to the scoreboard, we were in first. For whatever reason FA just has a higher participation rate during the weekend, win or lose it seems. Hopefully some of our new events in the works help correct this.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Shouldnt most of these posts not related to WvW be in the Off Topic section? Just saying…

Crazy Leg

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Not sure why TC would want DB in the match.

KN=no NA
DB= No NA

No NA= Nothing to do.

When we were back in T3 ticking away at +500ish PPT everybody would get bored and log off. if you guys “focused FA” out of the tier like I hear about, you would be pretty bored. DB in the match would be an absolute blowout every week for TC. (Even more so than it’s about to become)

Food for thought

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Expunge.4926

KN=no NA
DB= No NA

No NA= Nothing to do.

When we were back in T3 ticking away at +500ish PPT everybody would get bored and log off. if you guys “focused FA” out of the tier like I hear about, you would be pretty bored.

Food for thought

I’m pretty sure the people advocating for forcing FA down are on the forums only, and think that DB will be more “civil” on the forums than FA is.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

KN=no NA
DB= No NA

No NA= Nothing to do.

When we were back in T3 ticking away at +500ish PPT everybody would get bored and log off. if you guys “focused FA” out of the tier like I hear about, you would be pretty bored. DB in the match would be an absolute blowout every week for TC. (Even more so than it’s about to become)

Food for thought

I haven’t seen anyone talk about that, but I can sort of see it from the “We want in T1” angle. If TC were to focus one of her opponents out of T2, it would be easier to gain rating off of DB and make it to T1. The problem with this, of course, would be keeping DB in T2, I’m not sure how likely that is.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: NoobieOne.4167

NoobieOne.4167

I support this as long as Jang Gun gets to be Daenerys

Noobie One
member of [RISE]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

KN=no NA
DB= No NA

No NA= Nothing to do.

When we were back in T3 ticking away at +500ish PPT everybody would get bored and log off. if you guys “focused FA” out of the tier like I hear about, you would be pretty bored.

Food for thought

I’m pretty sure the people advocating for forcing FA down are on the forums only, and think that DB will be more “civil” on the forums than FA is.

I don’t know why anyone would be worried about the “civility” of the forums

Feel free to not read the forums if you get mad, barely anything useful ever gets posted in a thread anyway.

If you get mad/upset/trolled over some virtual video game internet forums it’s your own fault

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

KN=no NA
DB= No NA

No NA= Nothing to do.

Food for thought

I don’t know why anyone would be worried about the “civility” of the forums

Feel free to not read the forums if you get mad, barely anything useful ever gets posted in a thread anyway.

If you get mad/upset/trolled over some virtual video game internet forums it’s your own fault

Agreed.

The enemies blood and tears are the fuel for our war machine. Words like civility and respect only gum up the engine!!!

That being said, I wish to take the time to wish good tidings and fun to our enemies in FA and KN. It’s always a pleasure fighting you guys.

War machines engine starts sputtering

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

He should’ve gone with the name Eddard Stark.

I took that name on gw2 release, and got bored with it so changed to my normal gaming names.

It’s funny, I would have also called Kain pugs or random militia Dothraki… they all fight like individuals no matter how much a commander asks for support, until there general says otherwise. So very this^^ is common kain mentality.

Now who is our Daenerys… hmmm has to sit and ponder that one?

EDIT: should also note – my irl friends guild is The White Walkers [WW], but we always rep [RE] in WvW, most of them are on break atm.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

My guardian is a Targ, js

Attachments:

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think blaming fair weather players is inaccurate. Last week we were winning and we just faded away the same as we do most weeks. If it was fair weather players as the issue we by rights should have had even more out.

~ AoN ~

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I think blaming fair weather players is inaccurate. Last week we were winning and we just faded away the same as we do most weeks. If it was fair weather players as the issue we by rights should have had even more out.

I could be wrong, but I think it might be an issue of morale and demoralization. Once TC passed FA last week, FA almost disappeared from WvW. :-/ I think those who stopped playing just need to take it as a challenge and get out there anyway.

Big FA zergs are not to be trifled with. People just need to play. :-P

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’m not sure it’s a morale issue with FA as much as TC seeming more organized and with defenders watching places that weren’t under attack.

There’s the “running, screaming, zomg it’s ON FIRE” method of defending. And then there’s the “I’ll stand here bored out of my skull oh look incoming, I better call for help and wow it actually came” method of defending.

FA, at least when I was online yesterday, seemed to be using one of those methods.
TC, at least when I was online yesterday, seemed to be using one of those methods.

Either way, I’m sure servers end up in the Tier their population plays them into. At least it’s fun. Even when it’s a blast. Finisher. My face. Ow.

Edit: Sorry for leaving KN, KA, whatever you are, out. Kx was like the rare and beautiful flower that blossoms briefly before being only a memory.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

When Guild Wars 2 becomes Zerg Wars 2 it just becomes boring. I’m personally not interested in running in a huge zergball just so you won´t be insta-gibbed by the other huge zergballs, so when that starts to happen i´m out, and the point where that becomes the only viable strategy has been coming sooner every day. It´s also a large part of the reason i never really play reset nights.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Unfortunately.5940)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

To the thief who tried to attack me inside bay earlier and was using speed hack, please don’t do it again. You know you love me, but it’s not nice to do so underhandedly.

- That warrior who ran away from you.

^,.,^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

nibbles.2408

I could be wrong, but I think it might be an issue of morale and demoralization. Once TC passed FA last week, FA almost disappeared from WvW. :-/ I think those who stopped playing just need to take it as a challenge and get out there anyway.

Big FA zergs are not to be trifled with. People just need to play. :-P

What we are saying though is that it is an issue of both. Yes we have our fairweather players, but we also, as a server, simply play more on the weekend than during the week, winning or losing. This based on the fact that our population was down even before you guys passed us.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

To the thief…using speed hack…
- That warrior who ran away from you.

You outran a thief with a speed hack? That’s multi-level thief fail.

For all thieves, I can only say: I R TEH ASHAMED!

I think someone did something to my coffee today…

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast