4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

When Guild Wars 2 becomes Zerg Wars 2 it just becomes boring. I’m personally not interested in running in a huge zergball just so you won´t be insta-gibbed by the other huge zergballs, so when that starts to happen i´m out, and the point where that becomes the only viable strategy has been coming sooner every day. It´s also a large part of the reason i never really play reset nights.

Quick question sir. What do you consider a zerg?

Last night in FABL there was around 15 or so TC trying to hold off 25-30 FA from breaching the inner wall.They got the inner wall down and TC repaired it as FA charged, FA left the map.It wasn’t about a zerg from either side, I’m not sure if you would designate those kind of numbers as a zerg.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

When Guild Wars 2 becomes Zerg Wars 2 it just becomes boring. I’m personally not interested in running in a huge zergball just so you won´t be insta-gibbed by the other huge zergballs, so when that starts to happen i´m out, and the point where that becomes the only viable strategy has been coming sooner every day. It´s also a large part of the reason i never really play reset nights.

And whats important to you? Capping a sentinal or killing moa birds?

As a commander more = more chance of success. Now I personally dont care if I die 5000 times in a night, but for some reason a lot of people do care about their virtual character dieing…

With that being said, most people will abandon their commander when they wipe one time. So to make it easier on their little feelings for their character in a video game, yes I do roll with as much as I possible can, why? Well to keep people staying in the fight and not running away after we get wiped.

And the rest of people like you can go solo NPC guards or something, while the zerg can do someting useful.

Crazy Leg

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

A zerg is any group that I’m not a member of.

When I’m part of it, they should be referred to as a superior cohesive fighting force.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think those who stopped playing just need to take it as a challenge and get out there anyway.

I think they did, they were all off trying to recruit guilds from other servers.

~ AoN ~

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Melting pot has a new kinda ring to it. If the red circles are as wide as football fields and your designated 2 dodges can’t get you to safety … I think I classify that as a zerg, or 2-3 extremely talented AoE spammers

Just saying you can usually tell a zerg by the red circles and when people say ‘dozens, maybe 30 or 50… soo many, k we gotta stack" … shortly thereafter, seconds … followed by another saying ’ouch, I melted before I could cast’ … or if downed players drop faster than a warbanner can be cast, usually another good sign (both of where not to be and how much dps the ‘zerg’ is putting out).

People use the term very losely. Personally I would classify 20+ a zerg, while anything less is more a tactical squad.

Or another good way to determine a zerg… is when your elite commanders are commanding… random players tend to know and be attracted to elite commanders versus the others. Happens on every server. ‘oh hey … so and so is commanding, I’m gonna go see what he’s up to’ … because they have had fun winning many times over with them… and usually outweighs losses.

By definition I believe it’s something like: Overwhelming an enemy with numbers – going for quantity instead of quality, by rushing your opponent. Originated from starcraft playable race.

…Or something like that

EDIT: Spelling check

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

When I’m part of it, they should be referred to as a superior cohesive fighting force.

Excellent answer Wyld and even though I feel you are certifiable, I dig ya brother.

My personal definition of a zerg is any fight where your skill locked.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Whitebeard.5172)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

Last night in FABL there was around 15 or so TC trying to hold off 25-30 FA from breaching the inner wall.They got the inner wall down and TC repaired it as FA charged, FA left the map.It wasn’t about a zerg from either side, I’m not sure if you would designate those kind of numbers as a zerg.

I wouldn´t consider that kind of numbers a zerg, especially if it´s mostly 1 or 2 guilds. Double that maybe. While a large part of what I consider a zerg is a numbers issue more important is the way they behave. A large force that executes strategic maneuvers, pincers, coordinates, uses tactics, is a thing of beauty and can be exhilarating to be a part of, a large force that just blindly bashes into everything it runs into until it drops is just plain boring and the lowest form of tactics imo. Also please note i´m not talking about any particular server here as i´ve seen all of us do it. I kinda blame rezzing mechanics and the zerg-favoring implementation of wxp.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

A zerg is any enemy group that’s larger than the one I’m in.

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Niim.9260

Reset night is the least enjoyable day of the week, game wise, for me.

My personal view of what defines a zerg, I use the following:
1 – solo
2-10 – group
11-20 – squad
21+ – zerg

In my opinion the impact of an individual, outside of commanders, on the outcome of a fight is greatly diminished as you move past 20, which is what I base my entirely subjective view on.

~ AoN ~

(edited by Niim.9260)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

I wouldn´t consider that kind of numbers a zerg, especially if it´s mostly 1 or 2 guilds. Double that maybe. While a large part of what I consider a zerg is a numbers issue more important is the way they behave. A large force that executes strategic maneuvers, pincers, coordinates, uses tactics, is a thing of beauty and can be exhilarating to be a part of, a large force that just blindly bashes into everything it runs into until it drops is just plain boring and the lowest form of tactics imo. Also please note i´m not talking about any particular server here as i´ve seen all of us do it. I kinda blame rezzing mechanics and the zerg-favoring implementation of wxp.

I understand where your coming from.
Here is the deal, I’m not sure if your guild is of medium size or not, if they are then your pretty much set in the tactics department or you can hook up with other FA guilds that you and yours are friendly with and come up with tactics that “you” enjoy.

One cannot worry about what the other side, or even your side for that matter is doing when it comes to zergs if thats not what you want to do. There are plenty of opportunities out there to come up with different ways to kill off zergs while running independent of your own servers zergs.
If you get 25 or so of the same people up and running together consistently then IMHO, your set.Totally up to you on what you do with it.

Good luck.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

FA fights for the children.

I know where this is going…

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I know where this is going…

Yep so do I … and it’s pretty nasty.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

You fight for the children?

Why, what are you doing with those poor children?

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

WyldKat.4712

I don’t and I’m beginning to think it’s one of those Things Sylvari Was Not Meant to Know.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

You fight for the children?

Why, what are you doing with those poor children?

Probably a topic for private forums…. just sayin, i can feel people cringing out there.

Perhaps we should all back away from this topic very quickly.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

This thread is going to get locked. Lets all think before we post.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

This is all you need to know about the quality of the FA community…

In before infraction…

And since when does one person make up the “FA Community?” Come on Mif, I have more respect for you than that.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

Too many TC posts to care. Little to no score updates.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

WyldKat.4712

Perhaps we should all back away from this topic very quickly.

One of my fav Pinky and the Brain quotes:

“We should flee in terror. Yes, that would be the wisest course.”

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Map and score:

Attachments:

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Any good sites for team build synergy /etc … would love to start the discussions and improvement areas for my server mates and those who want to get involved. I mean we all use semi std meta skills … but I’d like to go a step further.

Recommendations welcomed, feel free to pm me …

Basically looking for something to consolidate (multiple data sources, credits to be applied) … on small squad, and havok related groups. If you don’t know please don’t troll, just looking for calculations and such on dps output/support builds/control builds in a team/squad environment. sPVP seems all to focus on per player builds. I’m looking for greater than.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

So MEOW when are you jumping off the bandwagon and heading back home to NSP? We miss you guys!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Reset night is the least enjoyable day of the week, game wise, for me.

My personal view of what defines a zerg, I use the following:
1 – solo
2-10 – group
11-20 – squad
21+ – zerg

In my opinion the impact of an individual, outside of commanders, on the outcome of a fight is greatly diminished as you move past 20, which is what I base my entirely subjective view on.

I think 25+ is the zerg due to the oranges sword rule.
Ppl do like to miss use the word zerg a lot even in GW2 we are not using it to its old meaning (a large group whom numbers never diminished from the old SC1 where you could make a zergling every time one would die on the feild) but to just call any group that is bigger is a gorse miss use of it. Your point of view works for trying to label each group size.

I say we made a stander size for labels. This is a good start!

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

My guardian is a Targ, js

You’ve gotta be kidding me. TOO CUTE. q_q

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Nice.

I used to use it to refer to the main fighting force for one side. So, several smaller groups running around, but if they have a main battle force taking big things that would be the zerg (cause my typing sucks and it’s easier than typing anything else).

I think I would agree with the above post by Niim nowadays.
“My personal view of what defines a zerg, I use the following:
1 – solo
2-10 – group
11-20 – squad
21+ – zerg”

This is about what I picture when people type out stuff.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

WyldKat.4712

…old meaning…zergling

I still swear if they make a Starcraft MMORPG I am SO totally going to be the cutest rabid lil crackling EVER!

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Where did WM transfer off to?

All is vain.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

They are still in Kaineng, but almost all of them quit or took a break. You will still see them around but very few and scattered.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

They are still in Kaineng, but almost all of them quit or took a break. You will still see them around but very few and scattered.

i was about to answer they transferred off SBI to Kaineng, which is still true….. lol

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Hexin.5603

I still see plenty of WM nightly, just noticed a lot of them play casually for now, which is good. No commanders though. I saw many on KOR too late night when I got back from WvW in LA.

Some kitten nice armor on those ones. My bet is maybe some go back on tPVP

ooo Stone Walled… I want to know first song in last video too… I like it

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Jski.6180

…old meaning…zergling

I still swear if they make a Starcraft MMORPG I am SO totally going to be the cutest rabid lil crackling EVER!

Images wvwvw but make it race vs race vs race for the hive mind!

Any way TC you guys have got to use a new speech when you talk to your side before a new wvw mach something about sending mass numbers to take one tower from a small number of enemy lol. It took TC well over 20 mins to take a tower with 2 missing walls and 1/2 the numbers defending it. Its good farm i must say but i can only guess what going though the minds of each person on the other side.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Not sure why TC would want DB in the match.

KN=no NA
DB= No NA

No NA= Nothing to do.

When we were back in T3 ticking away at +500ish PPT everybody would get bored and log off. if you guys “focused FA” out of the tier like I hear about, you would be pretty bored.

Food for thought

I’m pretty sure the people advocating for forcing FA down are on the forums only, and think that DB will be more “civil” on the forums than FA is.

Wow – Have you SEEN DB’s matchup threads lately? They put us to shame…. lol

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

As a commander more = more chance of success. Now I personally dont care if I die 5000 times in a night, but for some reason a lot of people do care about their virtual character dieing…

With that being said, most people will abandon their commander when they wipe one time. So to make it easier on their little feelings for their character in a video game, yes I do roll with as much as I possible can, why? Well to keep people staying in the fight and not running away after we get wiped.

And the rest of people like you can go solo NPC guards or something, while the zerg can do someting useful.

I think u misunderstood him here.HE has no problems to die and keep running in over and over again.
Here is the thing though: I logged in yesterday around 6pm pst and we had 65 ppt. well, of course we tried to ninja towers, get garri back and all that, but every time we would even touch a tower, a 45+ if not more zerg came to destroy us. We were around 15-20 people.Believe me, he was there and we kept trying for 2 hours + before I started getting frustrated.

8 people try to take bay gate down and gets steamrolled by almost 40 players. We finally get woodhaven back, the whole entire zerg runs there and doesn’t even need to keep up the rams, no they pvdoor!

The part that frustrated me is when I get steamrolled over and over by a giant zerg that outnumbers us clearly and then all you read in chat is laugh emotes. If the fights are somewhat more balanced like 20+ vs 30 the fight actually gets fun, but 1 giant blob vs a much much smaller number get frustrating after a few hours believe me!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I think u misunderstood him here.HE has no problems to die and keep running in over and over again.
Here is the thing though: I logged in yesterday around 6pm pst and we had 65 ppt. well, of course we tried to ninja towers, get garri back and all that, but every time we would even touch a tower, a 45+ if not more zerg came to destroy us. We were around 15-20 people.Believe me, he was there and we kept trying for 2 hours + before I started getting frustrated.

8 people try to take bay gate down and gets steamrolled by almost 40 players. We finally get woodhaven back, the whole entire zerg runs there and doesn’t even need to keep up the rams, no they pvdoor!

The part that frustrated me is when I get steamrolled over and over by a giant zerg that outnumbers us clearly and then all you read in chat is laugh emotes. If the fights are somewhat more balanced like 20+ vs 30 the fight actually gets fun, but 1 giant blob vs a much much smaller number get frustrating after a few hours believe me!

I think, in EB, a couple of nights ago, we were siege-capped because our lovely spy has upgraded our inner lord room rams to catapults. So we had no choice but to PvDoor gates down or build golems.

Also, if I find my chatbox spammed up with emotes from an enemy group, I turn off emotes and just ignore it.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Hexin.5603

I credit TC for 3 things they do… always now.

1. Scout better imho than FA or KN
2. PPT, numbers do make it easier to take out say ‘keeps’ which they retain solidly which contribute overall to their ppt
3. Contest everything, always making it a farther run. Not just the one shot run past now go attack. Always.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Niim.9260

I saw a ball of them running around this morning when I first got up.

~ AoN ~

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Here it is…

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

KN show their quality right now inside EB smc against both ennemy zergs :p

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

They’re just trying to get in your head, don’t let the /laugh emotes get to you. Just imagine the least intelligent sounding laugh you can think of, get back out there, and kick some behind!

Maybe scatter into havoc squads to take camps (they can’t send the whole zerg to 3+ places at once), or focus down a different tower while they’re beating their faces against woodhaven’s doors.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Sigh

Late nights at work.

I’ll be back on in ~3.5 hours after I leave work at midnight. Hopefully there will be some decent sized groups to roll against this evening after last night’s slim pickings for a few hours.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

…old meaning…zergling

Been saying that for years. Blizzard should’ve gone with World of Starcraft and Bioware should’ve done Jade Empire Online.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I think, in EB, a couple of nights ago, we were siege-capped because our lovely spy has upgraded our inner lord room rams to catapults. So we had no choice but to PvDoor gates down or build golems.

Also, if I find my chatbox spammed up with emotes from an enemy group, I turn off emotes and just ignore it.

oh dear, i remember those times when we always had siege cap because a spy built tons of siege at hidden places. Really really low of people doing such stuff.I would not accuse u guys of only pvdooring.I used this as an example that has happened many times.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Jski.6180

…old meaning…zergling

Been saying that for years. Blizzard should’ve gone with World of Starcraft and Bioware should’ve done Jade Empire Online.

So to pull this back to WvW who the protoss, terran, and zerg? I find KN to be protoss low numbers but very strong, FA is more of terran a mix of numbers but still has ok power, and TC are the Zerg they just have overwhelming numbers they also have a lot of under level ppl on there side no idea why.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Feydra.6318

Feydra.6318

…old meaning…zergling

So to pull this back to WvW who the protoss, terran, and zerg? I find KN to be protoss low numbers but very strong, FA is more of terran a mix of numbers but still has ok power, and TC are the Zerg they just have overwhelming numbers they also have a lot of under level ppl on there side no idea why.

TC have alot of casuals, and many older players, some of them might not be able to play alot, and there is alot of people steiping in to just try at times… everyone is welcome, and as i think both Kain and Fa seen, the TC Militia is something to fear despite its mix and flavour of levels

Miriel de Clavo – Elementalist
Fey Sparrow – Warrior
If i nag about things, its only couse i care ;P

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

[snip] they also have a lot of under level ppl on there side no idea why.

It’s been a good karma/xp farming week, which is why you see a lot of underlevels.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Hexin.5603

In that case, I will get on my lvl 20. He’s the only one not 80.

Make fair game, farm TC and Kain. My 80’s are soo … complete. Will be nice mix up.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

oh dear, i remember those times when we always had siege cap because a spy built tons of siege at hidden places. Really really low of people doing such stuff.I would not accuse u guys of only pvdooring.I used this as an example that has happened many times.

It’s okay, I think we’ve all thrown mud at each other, accusing the other server of zerging/PvDooring etc. No biggie. It’s awful being at siege cap like that but at least now, it’s catapults and not useless rams.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

To the thief…using speed hack…
- That warrior who ran away from you.

You outran a thief with a speed hack? That’s multi-level thief fail.

For all thieves, I can only say: I R TEH ASHAMED!

I think someone did something to my coffee today…

Hehe. You can tank a thief, so when I ran away – he was doing a backstab heartseaker. This one’s damage wasn’t so bad. He did like nip at my toon and then my back up came. They chased him and he speed hacked into somewhere we don’t know.

Funny is, he got inside our keep when there was no opening. >3<

Now to that thief. Play nice.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

Yeah we were siege capped thanks to FascinatingGift.9875 and all the cata that player built in LL. We were dropping golems at first but they run out eventually, especially when Logan.4796 suicides them when they are left alone.

It’s a pity that a few players feel that their server is underperforming to such an extent that they adopt these methods of play.

Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Not sure why TC would want DB in the match.

KN=no NA
DB= No NA

No NA= Nothing to do.

When we were back in T3 ticking away at +500ish PPT everybody would get bored and log off. if you guys “focused FA” out of the tier like I hear about, you would be pretty bored.

Food for thought

I’m pretty sure the people advocating for forcing FA down are on the forums only, and think that DB will be more “civil” on the forums than FA is.

Wow – Have you SEEN DB’s matchup threads lately? They put us to shame…. lol

Nah it’s only cuz we are stuck with Mag who insist on trying to troll our Taiwanese guilds and our NA defending them. Cause everyone knows they rarely pop their heads into the forums let alone understand it. Btw do not think DB will be visiting T2 next week. Maybe we will take a trip up the next week. ;D

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

(edited by lani.7431)