4/19 AR/BP/EB

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

WvW was slow because WFD refused to fight on even grounds. And the BP zergs would waypoint out when they see us. So when we got wiped we were sooo happy there was a zerg on the map that actually wanted to fight.

Oh you were definite chickening up on the hill. We were already outside the tower. It’s common knowledge that we like to fight in open field. You don’t need to give us excuses.

I think most of WFD would agree that we enjoy fighting Rekz, but I don’t speak for anyone but myself when I said I find it enjoyable.

You were not already outside of the breakout tower when we build those trebs, or if some of you were there were many who were not. We had multiple scouts telling us that you were in the tower long before we arrived, and when we did we circled around front and could clearly see your tags inside. So the question was asked, “how do we get them out”. Answer, “treb and they will come”. If we were trying to siege up the battle field for defense, why would we have built trebs?

Anyway, you sound glad to have a group that will stand and fight you, but then you also kind of sound mad about it? Or are you just mad that we don’t always play into the things that you do best, or that we sometimes do things like use choke points and terrain to our advantage, and that we won that fight because of it?

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: tas.6310

tas.6310

I thought it was hilarious that we setup 3 trebs and were able to get the wall down to 10% before ya’ll wiped us! That was awesome. Keep up the good work Borlis Pass!

Guild Master of Waiting for Death [WFD]
Deltona/Varlen – Commander for Borlis Pass

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Merkenary.9860

Merkenary.9860

So far tonight AR has took 2 of our towers and tried for more. GOOD job AR!! I’m proud of you. It did take you over 30 minuets and 8 catapults but you finely got the SW tower. That’s why we like AR, they never give up!

And BP has taken nothing in EBBL. Only in ARBL where you took there bay, and tried for lots more

hhhmmm thats funny i remember EBBL being ALL red at one point yesterday… does that not count ??

It’s doesn’t count unless you take it during NA prime time… Do something during that time and you might get a shout out…

Why would we want a shout out from GH?

The point was simple we do take eBay stuff, which is why you give us so much love. If AR went for eBay when we’re in sweet embrace then the total ppt for eBay would go down and the currently lowest rank server wouldn’t have to worry about dropping down a tier where they’ll ROFL stomp everyone for week after boring week. Who does that sound like hmmm.

Any how many folks on bp hoped AR could take first last week if we focused eBay. Some of the folks probably feel that with a slightly different strategy AR could have done it and are venting frustrations that it didn’t happen.

I believe AR can take first if they work with BP. I know they can’t take first if they work with eBay and it’ll just turn the tier into a snooze fest IMO.

The best fighting in tier 6 happened when nsp and ar mostly focused bp so we do have a reference model.

So in summary. We want good fights. A balanced tier leads to good fights. Red and blue working against green will lead too a more balanced tier.

Cheers

Seraphim Martyrs BURN
Borlis Pass

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

It’s always so surprising how different sides interpret fights so differently.

By reading some of these posts you would think WFD are some kind of tactical geniuses. What you didn’t see was Watching Friends Die turn tail and run most of the night, until they got at least +15-20 more to their numbers to back them up, which they all still died in the end. WFD really should remove the semi-hardcore notation they gave themselves, every time I hear that I can’t stop laughing, the thought of it is just absurd. One or two mentions and suddenly WFD is like, someone knows we exist guys! OMGOMGOMGOMG semi-hardcore #2013WFDGoingTier1JBYOLOLOL! Which was totally awesome, don’t get me wrong I saw WFD man up like, 1-2 days after that then they realized calling themselves semi-hardcore didn’t actually make them any better, and slowly trickled back to their old game style, running.

Anyways, getting that off my chest was worth an infraction. Hope to see [WAR] out there tonight! The only guys we look forward to fighting and we didn’t get to bump into them yesterday.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That wouldn’t work Merkenary. Usually when we’re getting hit hard on our BL by one side, we EXPECT the other to show up to start hitting as well.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Well if anything, trolling aside I hope that players on all sides recognize that each server has it’s pros and cons. I think the militia(PuGs) from AR have shown the fighting spirit the server has. We have seen some really good guild groups over the course of the matches, as well as some that need to grow. I’m really proud of how AR has evolved since it’s days in tier 7 and it progressively has improved over time. I look forward to more great battles over the course of the next weeks. My guild has just started to get more interest in WvW and I’m enjoying teaching them the basics(when to hold/withdraw, how and why we fall back etc.). EBay and BP are a good learning experience for them. Hopefully I can get a few more regulars in a shake things up a bit, or at least get you guys some badges. Who knows we may take a few too.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Pestilence.3184

Pestilence.3184

Well if anything, trolling aside I hope that players on all sides recognize that each server has it’s pros and cons. I think the militia(PuGs) from AR have shown the fighting spirit the server has. We have seen some really good guild groups over the course of the matches, as well as some that need to grow. I’m really proud of how AR has evolved since it’s days in tier 7 and it progressively has improved over time. I look forward to more great battles over the course of the next weeks. My guild has just started to get more interest in WvW and I’m enjoying teaching them the basics(when to hold/withdraw, how and why we fall back etc.). EBay and BP are a good learning experience for them. Hopefully I can get a few more regulars in a shake things up a bit, or at least get you guys some badges. Who knows we may take a few too.

i think you guys miss TWOGALLONTS to be honest, ive noticed you guys have lost “something” it’s kinda hard to put my finger on at first but then i realised i have not seen the big zerg machine that he brought to the frey…. for what ever reasons he is gone for i REALLY think you guys miss him defensively and offensively

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

tas.6310

By reading some of these posts you would think WFD are some kind of tactical geniuses. What you didn’t see was Watching Friends Die turn tail and run most of the night, until they got at least +15-20 more to their numbers to back them up, which they all still died in the end. WFD really should remove the semi-hardcore notation they gave themselves, every time I hear that I can’t stop laughing, the thought of it is just absurd. One or two mentions and suddenly WFD is like, someone knows we exist guys! OMGOMGOMGOMG semi-hardcore #2013WFDGoingTier1JBYOLOLOL! Which was totally awesome, don’t get me wrong I saw WFD man up like, 1-2 days after that then they realized calling themselves semi-hardcore didn’t actually make them any better, and slowly trickled back to their old game style, running.

Anyways, getting that off my chest was worth an infraction. Hope to see [WAR] out there tonight! The only guys we look forward to fighting and we didn’t get to bump into them yesterday.

Lol. He mad.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: llkoolaid.8204

llkoolaid.8204

Why would we want a shout out from GH?

The point was simple we do take eBay stuff, which is why you give us so much love. If AR went for eBay when we’re in sweet embrace then the total ppt for eBay would go down and the currently lowest rank server wouldn’t have to worry about dropping down a tier where they’ll ROFL stomp everyone for week after boring week. Who does that sound like hmmm.

Any how many folks on bp hoped AR could take first last week if we focused eBay. Some of the folks probably feel that with a slightly different strategy AR could have done it and are venting frustrations that it didn’t happen.

I believe AR can take first if they work with BP. I know they can’t take first if they work with eBay and it’ll just turn the tier into a snooze fest IMO.

The best fighting in tier 6 happened when nsp and ar mostly focused bp so we do have a reference model.

So in summary. We want good fights. A balanced tier leads to good fights. Red and blue working against green will lead too a more balanced tier.

Cheers

No one said it was going to come from GH. Just a shout out in general for doing something while people are there to fight back, that’s all…

Maybe you should transfer to a server that can hold it’s own in the tier that they are in, so you can stop crying on the forum. You shouldn’t have to rely on another server… It’s really sad…

Cheers to you…

-Rent-a-Gollum- call 555-kalkz
80MES – Dr Sweet Cheeks/80WAR – Jegudiel
80GRD – Sir Sweet Cheeks/80ELE – D J Diddles

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Anxiety.6143

Anxiety.6143

Would like to thank [pk] [FTF] and [GH] for a huge kitten brain aneurism last night. Was fun as hell tho, I think we could all agree BP BL has seen the most action this past week, enjoyable fun, great fights. Keep’em coming, been a great week, not many dull moments.

[Rekz] Rally Bot
#GetGud2013-14 Copywright Rekz

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Anxiety

Well during the week end I think the party was in AR BL. Now it moved to your. Have fun! :P

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: tiramisu.8706

tiramisu.8706

Lol. He mad.

I think most of my guildies were just annoyed that we kept hitting Garri and Hills to summon a zerg to fight but for most of the night, they stayed indoors.

It wasn’t till we went to Northeast supply camp that we finally found a zerg open field but once we showed up your WFD group left the 15-20 pugs to die rather than try and help them. This is how you’ve gotten our attention. We know you as the group that sacrifices teammates. We’ve seen it plenty of times now. It’s disappointing because we know when you guys actually man up or try and flank, you guys put out serious damage.

I personally won’t complain about any fights that happened after that. Getting wiped twice at Bay was fun. Trying to figure out how to beat that sieged up zerg ball at southwest tower was interesting. The south supply camp fight was pretty epic. Half of us wiped so we had to regroup and try again.

Honestly, when BP aggressively pursues an enemy, you guys are an unpredictable force.

Wokfoo, Rokkasaurus, Not Daddy of [Rekz]

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Honestly, its because BP’s commanders have mad respect for Ebay’s Zerg, particularly the organized guild ones. I know when I am commanding I am very careful before I commit my forces to the field (and off the walls). Just jumping willy nilly into fights with you guys is asking for a wipe. Either with Rekz running over our strung out Pugs like a snowplow, or an ungodly number of Ebay pugs swarming like fire ants. over a hill. Walls tend to be the great equalizer. You can’t steamroll over people on a wall. I know in BPBL last night there were times when your zerg was three times our size. Particularly for that moment when you took Bay. Also complicated by the fact that we have to leave Sentries in our other keeps and towers, rather then leave them defenseless.

Fact is, we are “unpredictable” because it takes time for us to rally the numbers to engage in open field battles. On a good day Ebay only outnumbers us 2 to 1. On bad days (like yesterday) its more in the area of 3 to 1. Bad idea for us to commit to the field without picking the time wisely, like that one time at Longview when we held the top of the up ramp and killed your guild zergs one by one as they came up the hill. In a way though, we got lucky. Had they all rolled in at the same time it would have been over in seconds.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: chillypsu.9463

chillypsu.9463

Honestly, its because BP’s commanders have mad respect for Ebay’s Zerg, particularly the organized guild ones. I know when I am commanding I am very careful before I commit my forces to the field (and off the walls). Just jumping willy nilly into fights with you guys is asking for a wipe. Either with Rekz running over our strung out Pugs like a snowplow, or an ungodly number of Ebay pugs swarming like fire ants. over a hill. Walls tend to be the great equalizer. You can’t steamroll over people on a wall.

pvwall yo!

Big Chilly – [TG]

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Stone.6751

Lol. He mad.

I think most of my guildies were just annoyed that we kept hitting Garri and Hills to summon a zerg to fight but for most of the night, they stayed indoors.

It wasn’t till we went to Northeast supply camp that we finally found a zerg open field but once we showed up your WFD group left the 15-20 pugs to die rather than try and help them. This is how you’ve gotten our attention. We know you as the group that sacrifices teammates. We’ve seen it plenty of times now. It’s disappointing because we know when you guys actually man up or try and flank, you guys put out serious damage.

I personally won’t complain about any fights that happened after that. Getting wiped twice at Bay was fun. Trying to figure out how to beat that sieged up zerg ball at southwest tower was interesting. The south supply camp fight was pretty epic. Half of us wiped so we had to regroup and try again.

Honestly, when BP aggressively pursues an enemy, you guys are an unpredictable force.

I thought that might have been what he was alluding to earlier. I remember retreating. The guild claimer still had a buff and both Rekz and another EBay guild came up the road and split in an attempt to surround us. It was a bad position so we pulled away to where we only had one front, but you didn’t follow us. The PUGs get left behind because they can’t hear voice chat and don’t always react fast enough.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: rocky.8602

rocky.8602

Some great fights over the past few days. Thanks to everyone from BP and AR for those.

As a side note, I’m happy that we’ve been able to keep this thread mostly civil. Thanks, all!

Lokos – 80th level Mesmer
Guild Leader and Commander for Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Ehmry Bay

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

tiramisu.8706

I just want to point out that we learned how to fight zergs while in NSP. We were in the red server fighting against the stronger BP/AR zergs. It took numerous wipes but with practice we got better and better at it.

We understand your perspective of being outmanned but take advantage of this opportunity to learn how to fight overwhelming numbers in open field.

(edited by tiramisu.8706)

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

i think you guys miss TWOGALLONTS to be honest, ive noticed you guys have lost “something” it’s kinda hard to put my finger on at first but then i realised i have not seen the big zerg machine that he brought to the frey…. for what ever reasons he is gone for i REALLY think you guys miss him defensively and offensively

While his absence is certainly felt, he wasn’t the only commander for AR. We’ve have some good ones(and bad ones that I wish would never flag – but every server has them). And we’ve gotten a few new ones. One new one recently really impressed me in terms of their leadership and tactics. I hope they lead more often. We also have a lot of good commanders who just don’t flag(I’m looking at you Dovgan) or who wont flag because another commander is flagged.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

tiramisu.8706

I miss him. Getting veil bombed by 40+ pugs and ALS is painful.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

This has turned into a BP whiners thread. This is no longer entertaining..but rather sad and pathetic.

Do you realize that you are essentially whining in this post? Probably makes you feel better to put an insult cherry on top though. Let me try:

All Ebay is doing is whining about winning. This is no longer entertaining but rather sad and pathetic.

Fix’d. Present me with some kind of challenge.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Easy, move up. The problem here isn’t BP or AR as both AR and BP are well matched.

The problem is Ebay’s inability to move out of this tier all the while complaining (whining) that they don’t get a challenge. EBay had more than enough of a challenge in T4 which is what landed them here. Ebay was a pushover in T4 and never moved from 3rd place.

We were actually in second place for a few weeks way back. Not everyone on the server wants to move up which is why our population throughout the week slowly declines, however the hardcore players do want to move up, and have already known since the first week that AR and BP are nothing in terms of challenge in the open field.
#realtalk.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

I just want to point out that we learned how to fight zergs while in NSP. We were in the red server fighting against the stronger BP/AR zergs. It took numerous wipes but with practice we got better and better at it.

We understand your perspective of being outmanned but take advantage of this opportunity to learn how to fight overwhelming numbers in open field.

+1 wtb more posts like this one

Some solid advice that will probably fall on deaf ears…

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Easy, move up. The problem here isn’t BP or AR as both AR and BP are well matched.

The problem is Ebay’s inability to move out of this tier all the while complaining (whining) that they don’t get a challenge. EBay had more than enough of a challenge in T4 which is what landed them here. Ebay was a pushover in T4 and never moved from 3rd place.

We were blue in T4 after paid transfers began. We beat CD a few times, so saying we “never moved from 3rd place” against servers like Yak’s/Mag where they are vastly more WvW oriented and CD which is largely Oceanic is just plain wrong. We were able to go head to head with both Yak’s and Mag during primetime (CD always got screwed). It was after our burst of activity when things went downhill.

So no, we weren’t pushovers in T4, and it isn’t as simple as “well then just move up.” The Glicko rating system is horribly flawed, and if you want to interpret that as another excuse, then you have some brick wall denial going on. The ratings system is a deficiency in WvW that has even been acknowledged by ANet as incompatible but still the best they can do at the moment.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

And now that we’re outnumbered a lot of BP’s guilds are trying to learn this as well. But I think it’s fair to say most of us can’t fight Rekz yet. Rekz is not overwhelming numbers, that’s fighting a highly organized machine of death! (Though you guys definitely pull the numbers these days as well) I think we’re getting closer though!

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

tas.6310

And now that we’re outnumbered a lot of BP’s guilds are trying to learn this as well. But I think it’s fair to say most of us can’t fight Rekz yet. Rekz is not overwhelming numbers, that’s fighting a highly organized machine of death! (Though you guys definitely pull the numbers these days as well) I think we’re getting closer though!

Agreed. Rekz is a different battle.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

To the BP (that incinerator thief Burn commander and crew) that nearly got our garrison nice try! You have been in our BL every day of this week always with briar and vale. We had been struggling to amass the numbers to quickly push you off the map every attempt you made, but luckily for us today was the first time we actually summoned a half decent force to repel your attack.

That kinda border defense is a glimmer of what our server used to feel like back in the days where everyone despised EB and loved our own borderlands to death. After the decline of some guilds, and the complete absence of others, its become increasingly hard to find people that will defend ARBL. I hope it continues the way today did.

On a side note, some of our premium wvw guilds reeeeeeallly need to start training their guys. It feels like they are taking people on and expecting them to be able to cope as if its pve. Our only heads up from that golem attack was “INC INC INC GOLEMS” followed by “GREEN” and that was all. If we had even a shread more information (for example: BP golems @Greenlake headed north) I doubt they would have made it past the first gate. Scout communication really needs a work guys lol…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

oh and no EBay never beat CD… at least that I can find aside from some flawed memories.

Touche, guess you’re right and I remembered wrong.

I used to think it is because Ebay liked to beat up on lessor populations, now I think they are unable to close the deal even if they want to.

Although, I’m still not sure what you’re trying to argue since you agree with pretty much what we’ve been saying this whole time. We are unable to close the deal at the moment. Beating BP and AR by a lot isn’t enough. I again fall back to Glicko.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Anxiety.6143

To the BP (that incinerator thief Burn commander and crew) that nearly got our garrison nice try! You have been in our BL every day of this week always with briar and vale. We had been struggling to amass the numbers to quickly push you off the map every attempt you made, but luckily for us today was the first time we actually summoned a half decent force to repel your attack.

That kinda border defense is a glimmer of what our server used to feel like back in the days where everyone despised EB and loved our own borderlands to death. After the decline of some guilds, and the complete absence of others, its become increasingly hard to find people that will defend ARBL. I hope it continues the way today did.

On a side note, some of our premium wvw guilds reeeeeeallly need to start training their guys. It feels like they are taking people on and expecting them to be able to cope as if its pve. Our only heads up from that golem attack was “INC INC INC GOLEMS” followed by “GREEN” and that was all. If we had even a shread more information (for example: BP golems @Greenlake headed north) I doubt they would have made it past the first gate. Scout communication really needs a work guys lol…

We had 4 Golems and maybe 15 players max. If the 30-40 AR veiled into didn’t wipe us, something’s bad wrong, the person you need to thank, was the warrior smart enough to Banner your keep lord up, he leeroy’d the lord which granted you guys a gasp of air to get into the keep, had it not been for that lone warrior, your garrison would still be ours right now.

[Rekz] Rally Bot

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

… We are unable to close the deal at the moment. Beating BP and AR by a lot isn’t enough. I again fall back to Glicko.

if anyone in Ebay that has any influence on what your server does over the course of the week contact me via PM and I’ll tell ya what you need to do to get out of this tier. Two weeks and you’ll be in T4.

-K

It.s not GLICKO. AR knows how to work the GLICKO ratings, shame nobody in Ebay has figured it out. So far nobody has PM’d me. Guess your stuck in T5.

-K

-K

(edited by Kodiack.2783)

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

don’t have to take an ebay keep during the day, ebay has a higher population during the day, and primetime.. just looking to prove that?

What you consider night capping, is someone elses day.

not saying AR needs to cap an ebay keep during the ebay primetime.. no point on that, just want to see AR actually take a keep on ebay, anytime, night time, day time, sleepy time, whenever. AR does not touch ebay.

When AR has a force to take an Ebay keep, Ebay has a much bigger force, When Ebay sleeps, AR sleeps, and BP (Kalkz) fights doors all night. We do not have a population to be in this tier, but we are willing to put up a fight.

Notice when both Ebay, and BP are in ARBL at reset, we don’t come here to cry like BP does about everything, but instead we laugh, and have fun because we enjoy the crazy fights against crazy odds?

Ok wait what .. lets go back in time when BP and AR were in tier 6 and when Kalkz used to take AR valley every single day in usa primetime

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

tiramisu.8706

Trust me when I say that we’re actually looking forward to fighting a group that will challenge us. Fighting zergs is fun, but I like having to keep on my toes to avoid getting ganked. It’s an element of the game that we don’t get to experience much.

I sincerely wish for BP / AR’s skill groups to start kicking kitten and making names for themselves. I’m sure most of Ehmry can agree with me when i say we just want good fights.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

I wish Ehmry would go full potential starting next reset and really try to go up a tier. We all know you’re capable of doing it.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

But don’t feel you have to! And I’m not saying that in the sense of “take it easy on us.” I personally would like to see EBay stick around for a few more weeks. I realize it’s kind of selfish of me to say that, since EBay is bored with this matchup and many from my own server seem to want them gone, but I feel there are still a lot of lessons we can learn that we won’t really get from Crystal Desert if they are the ones that drop. No offense intended to CD, but as I understand it, they would provide “lessons” in coverage, whereas EBay provides lessons in organization and skill … unless CD has groups on par with Rekz / GF / FTF / GH / etc. … anyone know?

Skill, and the motivation to work together and acquire it, is the thing I feel BP needs most right now to grow as a server, and I think we stand the greatest chance of gaining that when matched with EBay.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Redgrass.3067

Redgrass.3067

WAR has figured out how to fight outnumbered. It is all we do. Yea we might have more than you but there is always a point where the militia cannot handle us. Then a wvw guild gets called in…or two. This is what happens when we go to ebay bl. Ever since this weekend we have went back to the drawing board and realized we need to get more “practiced.” A lot of AR wvw guilds just log on and go in. They don’t practice movement and don’t exercise maneuvers to fight zergs. Also AR guilds between themselves lack the constant intel/synergy to push ebay. Our scappyness has gotten us this far but it’s no longer enough….

Cmdr. Sinema Kane-80 Necro
Lil Bully-80 Thief

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

Not that there really is much of a point to make here, but Ebay hasn’t been winning this tier by more than a 20% average. Actually not even 20% so the problem isn’t glicko or AR/BP not putting up a challenge.

No question Ebay is winning here but to say it isn’t a challenge is a gross exaggeration. The first week Ebay didn’t show up to fight they lost in this tier. It would likely happen again if AR/BP stop going at each other to which nobody seems to have a solution.

When we say it isn’t a challenge, we’re not talking about tryharding the scoreboard.

We want GOOD FIGHTS.

Open field fights and roaming is what we’ve always been about.
Small skirmishes. Big zerg battles. Small man roaming. 1v1s. Fight clubs. Guild vs Guild. Duels. Skilled fights not stuck behind walls and siege.

This what we love the most about WvW and BP just doesn’t offer that since you guys seem to focus more on points and the score. Yesterday around SW tower and supply in BP bl was evidence of that. We find AR a lot more challenging and more fun because of their spvp background.

We probably could make a serious push for T4 but scare amounts of good fights = bored Ebay. This directly affects our motivation. Playing for rank and score is already pretty boring and thus, we aren’t tryharding for T4 elsewise we’d be recruiting.

Our servers just have a different focus and ideas about what’s fun in WvW.
Good fights vs Scoreboard watching. I’ll take good fights any day.

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Luzano.6983

I personally would like to see EBay stick around for a few more weeks. I realize it’s kind of selfish of me to say that, since EBay is bored with this matchup and many from my own server seem to want them gone, but I feel there are still a lot of lessons we can learn that we won’t really get from Crystal Desert if they are the ones that drop. No offense intended to CD, but as I understand it, they would provide “lessons” in coverage, whereas EBay provides lessons in organization and skill … unless CD has groups on par with Rekz / GF / FTF / GH / etc. … anyone know?

Skill, and the motivation to work together and acquire it, is the thing I feel BP needs most right now to grow as a server, and I think we stand the greatest chance of gaining that when matched with EBay.

Great post. Can we be BFFs in game and IRL?

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: burningoat.7052

burningoat.7052

I never come on these forums to post anything just to read and get some lulz in and trust me it works every time, so the reason im here posting on this fine day is that one of my heros has blocked me….and i hear said person is always in these forums posting so on that note…

CupKalkz baby… why did you block me i thought we were gonna be BFF’s i miss our little talks and your mass messages informing me of your little panty raids… please take me off your ignore list <3<3<3

[Rekz] #GetGud #GetDumpstered

Kalkz-“You threw enough siege on my dead body to take BP into tier 1”

(edited by burningoat.7052)

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

LAD Infinitum.1675

Great post. Can we be BFFs in game and IRL?

That you should feel the need to ask flatters me greatly; of course we can!

Do you enjoy running? That’s what I do with most of my non-GW2 downtime, so if you do, we could train together IRL!

… assuming you live in the San Francisco bay area, that is. Remote running relationships are difficult to maintain ;P

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

LAD Infinitum.1675

Errr … I mean …

What!!?! You’z from ErBay?? I’s hate your guts go double team us with AR more!!#$@ And just rollz over us with your no-skill zerg 3x our size (even though we have a queue)!!!

(Kidding … a little self-deprecating server humor to lighten this gloomy thread up a bit. Please don’t take me seriously!)

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

For those saying eBay failed in the next tier up.

I have always thought that since eBay lost some guilds before things went pay2transfer, that we are stuck in limbo.

The only way out is to kill oursel- Oh right, this isn’t inception.

Attachments:

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

(edited by Syktek.7912)

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Stone.6751

Not that there really is much of a point to make here, but Ebay hasn’t been winning this tier by more than a 20% average. Actually not even 20% so the problem isn’t glicko or AR/BP not putting up a challenge.

No question Ebay is winning here but to say it isn’t a challenge is a gross exaggeration. The first week Ebay didn’t show up to fight they lost in this tier. It would likely happen again if AR/BP stop going at each other to which nobody seems to have a solution.

When we say it isn’t a challenge, we’re not talking about tryharding the scoreboard.

We want GOOD FIGHTS.

Small skirmishes. Big zerg battles. Small man roaming. 1v1s. Fight clubs. Guild vs Guild. Duels. Skilled fights not stuck behind walls and siege.

This what we love the most about WvW and BP just doesn’t offer that since you guys seem to focus more on points and the score. Yesterday around SW tower and supply in BP bl was evidence of that. We find AR a lot more challenging and more fun because of their spvp background.

We probably could make a serious push for T4 but scare amounts of good fights = bored Ebay. This directly affects our motivation. Playing for rank and score is already pretty boring and thus, we aren’t tryharding for T4 elsewise we’d be recruiting.

And yet you continue to invade and attack our camps, towers and keeps. Its hard to believe that your whole server is just interested in open-field group vs. group fights, and not the score at all, when you repeatedly attack our towers and keeps, which just forces us to get inside and defend. Sorry, but from my perspective your words and the actions of your server don’t line up at all.

Personally I am interested in the score, but not so much as to put score above fun. Perhaps the difference is that fun to me (and probably a lot of people) is a variety of things from defending a tower or keep that’s under attack, to ninja-flipping camps, to open field zerg combat, to scouting out enemy movement. Even beyond that I also quite enjoy the strategic aspect of the game and like to think of ways to maximize points with our effort. I guess some of us enjoy both the tactical battle game-play and the larger more strategic aspect of points and winning. Its not about “tryharding the scoreboard” so much as it is about a more complete and dynamic way of playing and enjoying WvW.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Nice fights [DUNK]… very, very fun. Well played.

2 for 2.

Then [BURN] had to try and spoil it!!

[GF]

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

Having played a long while in T3/T4 on CD and DB I can say that most if not all the competition above Ebay, is significantly better. If a server like CD were to drop, they would own the map for 18 hours and still manage to put a hurting on BP during NA Prime. It wouldn’t be a shut out but it would be much uglier than Ebay. NA Prime would be more fun though.

I really don’t think you realize how much CD has changed over the last few months. They are nowhere close to the powerhouse (being able to beat maguuma) they used to be. The last time we faced CD we utterly demolished their NA presence. The only thing that kept them in the game was their Sea presence keeping them ticking at 695 PPT. Had, lets say, IoJ been in the tier instead of Yaks, we would have won that matchup by a very healthy margin.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/44/24

You will notice that we were beating CD until Tuesday where their sea managed to wipe every map and pull near 695 PPT. CD has since lost that sea presence so they are basically a near dead server now when compared to Ehmry.

edit: I honestly think both AR and BP will beat CD when they drop down to this tier.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

(edited by Gorefiend.9675)

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I really don’t think you realize how much CD has changed over the last few months. They are nowhere close to the powerhouse (being able to beat maguuma) they used to be. The last time we faced CD we utterly demolished their NA presence. The only thing that kept them in the game was their Sea presence keeping them ticking at 695 PPT. Had, lets say, IoJ been in the tier instead of Yaks, we would have won that matchup by a very healthy margin.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/44/24

You will notice that we were beating CD until Tuesday where their sea managed to wipe every map and pull near 695 PPT. CD has since lost that sea presence so they are basically a near dead server now when compared to Ehmry.

edit: I honestly think both AR and BP will beat CD when they drop down to this tier.

QFT. If CD has lost any SEA presence at all BP would wipe the floor with them. Its tough to really explain what happened to us in T4 to someone who wasn’t there because it sounds like chest thumping, but we were literally apologetic to CD for how badly we would smash their NA presence. Their SEA presence was godly though, Yaks had no answer for it either. If you combined Yaks or Mags with CDs SEAs you’d likely be looking at kaineng level server.

The server I want to face really is SBI. I feel like they are probably us almost exactly. It would be a real even fight coverage and manpower wise.

Speaking of godly though, anyone see scores earlier where Yaks and Mags held exactly 3 supply camps between them at about 1 in the afternoon? How scary is DB, really! If they don’t belong in T2 then I don’t know what to say…

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Hey, can I get a score update? Just finished a 5 hour drive, sitting in lineup waiting to take a 2hr ferry ride to visit the in laws. Long time still till I can log,in.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Luzano.6983

And yet you continue to invade and attack our camps, towers and keeps. Its hard to believe that your whole server is just interested in open-field group vs. group fights, and not the score at all, when you repeatedly attack our towers and keeps, which just forces us to get inside and defend. Sorry, but from my perspective your words and the actions of your server don’t line up at all.

Personally I am interested in the score, but not so much as to put score above fun. Perhaps the difference is that fun to me (and probably a lot of people) is a variety of things from defending a tower or keep that’s under attack, to ninja-flipping camps, to open field zerg combat, to scouting out enemy movement. Even beyond that I also quite enjoy the strategic aspect of the game and like to think of ways to maximize points with our effort. I guess some of us enjoy both the tactical battle game-play and the larger more strategic aspect of points and winning. Its not about “tryharding the scoreboard” so much as it is about a more complete and dynamic way of playing and enjoying WvW.

Whoosh.

The point was that a challenge for us = good fights, roaming, open field not sieging and playing for score.

I didn’t say we never take your stuff or that we don’t care about the score at all. Of course we have people that want to take stuff lol. But in general, if you gave us a choice between sieging and open field, we’d take open field 7 days out of the week.

You should’ve been in BP bl at SW tower yesterday. Good example of BP’s siege tactics and direction in WvW focused on score compared to Ebay’s focus on good fights and open field.

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Anxiety.6143

We want GOOD FIGHTS.

Ebay is extremely well rounded when it comes to open field fights, we all know that, but WvW isn’t based on Open field fights, you guys beg us to flush out of our towers and stuff, but if we have siege, we’re gonna use it, if you want open field fights start trying to get guild scrims together as they do in the high tiers, other than that, we’re gonna continue to use the siege to our advantage, unless it’s reset night, BP is usually 10 guild members the rest PUGs. Hence why we dont do open field.

[Rekz] Rally Bot

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: rocky.8602

rocky.8602

Thanks for the fun fights in your Bay tonight, BP. I know I personally had a lot of fun telling folks to leave the waypoint open while we ran around destroying all the outer walls and gates. Your BURN and WAR groups really gave it your all combatting us. It was nice. Props to both guilds. And apologies for any I didn’t mention. I just recall those two off the top of my head.

PS: We never intended on taking Bay. Just wanted to break down as many walls/gates as we could

Lokos – 80th level Mesmer
Guild Leader and Commander for Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Ehmry Bay

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Exarthious.5792

Exarthious.5792

Borliss Pass, this is what it looks like when Anvil Rock faces Ebay a lot. Notice the open wall, the outmanned buff, the siege hitting us, and we’re still fighting fights you guys seem to avoid.

What you do not notice is the fun we are having fighting. Honestly put your chins up, fight, and have fun. We are having a lot of fun. All this forum complaining for months on end has become old.

Attachments:

4/19 AR/BP/EB

in WvW

Luzano.6983

Borliss Pass, this is what it looks like when Anvil Rock faces Ebay a lot. Notice the open wall, the outmanned buff, the siege hitting us, and we’re still fighting fights you guys seem to avoid.

What you do not notice is the fun we are having fighting. Honestly put your chins up, fight, and have fun. We are having a lot of fun. All this forum complaining for months on end has become old.

I was at the top of those stairs and it looks even more epic from your point of view. Really good fights going on BP bl right now.