4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

And yes, we were ping ponging between maps last night trying to bolster our defenses and hold what we had. You know, doing that whole PPT thing that some of you guys are telling us to learn.

And practice makes perfect.

One day you’ll get there if you continue to work hard and don’t get discouraged because you aren’t seeing a return on your investment.

Or maybe we could just recruit our way to victory and then try and talk trash on the forums. Nah, that would be too easy.

You mean like the time we won T2 and took green without the new guilds coming over? (Note: We won T2 without superior coverage)

Yes, back when the tier was semi-balanced, congrats. Now that it isn’t anymore and winning is based on numbers, its funny how TCers pick now to come to the forums to chest thump. Just find it kinda sad.

I see mostly responses to backhanded sniping rather than outright chest thumping frankly.

Maybe if you’d stop with the now VERY old QQ about the usual crap EVERYONE is guilty off, then maybe we can have a civil thread without it always devolving into this pile of poop.

DING, DING, DING

We have a winnnaaaaaahh

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I don’t have anything to add

FTFY
You’re welcome. Moving on..

[HL] on FA have done a magnificent job sieging up Hills in KN BL. I actually want someone to come and take that keep, just so they can see how much it has been decked out. Pretty mindblowing stuff – I stopped counting after I saw 5 superior trebs and ~10-15 superior arrow carts on the inner perimeter..

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

And yes, we were ping ponging between maps last night trying to bolster our defenses and hold what we had. You know, doing that whole PPT thing that some of you guys are telling us to learn.

One day you’ll get there if you continue to work hard and don’t get discouraged because you aren’t seeing a return on your investment.

Or maybe we could just recruit our way to victory and then try and talk trash on the forums. Nah, that would be too easy.

You mean like the time we won T2 and took green without the new guilds coming over? (Note: We won T2 without superior coverage)

Yes, back when the tier was semi-balanced, congrats. Now that it isn’t anymore and winning is based on numbers, its funny how TCers pick now to come to the forums to chest thump. Just find it kinda sad.

I shed a tear….

Perhaps you should take a page out of Kaineng’s book then and stop the forum trolling. I’ve been on TC since release, and no server we’ve faced even comes close to you guys in that department. At least you’re consistent about it though.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

Who do you have ticking all that siege? That’s a person who’s face I want to melt.. err, hand I want to shake!! Yes, yes, that’s it. Hand shaking.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Let’s not drop down to FA’s level. We’re dominating them so much now, they’re just bitter that we’re much better in terms of coverage and skill level.

Anyone else find this post ironic?

I don’t have anything to add…I just wanted this quoted so I can look back at it every time someone from BT says they only play for the fights.

But… if you have nothing to add, why not just re-read the post?

Seems rather odd and contradictory.

In other news, week 7 has been really fun so far

I’m excited to see how it finishes.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

Let’s not drop down to FA’s level. We’re dominating them so much now, they’re just bitter that we’re much better in terms of coverage and skill level.

I don’t have anything to add…I just wanted this quoted so I can look back at it every time someone from BT says they only play for the fights.

Because sometimes it is nice to bookmark posts by replying if they are something that you have found particularly interesting. It just makes it easier to find them.

Or sometimes people do it to add commentary, and the statement “I have nothing to add,” is really the poster saying +1.

Hope that makes sense.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Because sometimes it is nice to bookmark posts by replying if they are something that you have found particularly interesting. It just makes it easier to find them.

Or sometimes people do it to add commentary, and the statement “I have nothing to add,” is really the poster saying +1.

Hope that makes sense.

Always helpful MrSilver.

Thanks dude!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

Hope that makes sense.

Always helpful MrSilver.

Thanks dude!

Glad I could be there for ya!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

Hills and Bay. It just doesn’t feel right if you don’t have both of them. Kinda like splitting up twins.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

I see mostly responses to backhanded sniping rather than outright chest thumping frankly.

Maybe if you’d stop with the now VERY old QQ about the usual crap EVERYONE is guilty off, then maybe we can have a civil thread without it always devolving into this pile of poop.

Well, according to the millenium website, Dragonbrand is going to jump straight to 2nd place in tier 2 and it’s Fort Aspenwood that’s going to lose so much rating that it’ll drop straight to tier 3. and this is all for the next match-up. lol. Dragonbrand has an amazing SEA coverage and they just gained an NA guild from Jade Quarry.

That’s fantastic…

Finally a third server that can pull their weight!

Because these totally aren’t back handed sniping or chest thumping….

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: River Willow.6721

River Willow.6721

cue dramatic music
cue smexy announcer

Like crumbs on a cookie a tray, so pass the days planting chives…

Will the Tattered Crumpet finally have enough butter to fill all her nooks and crannies?

Will Kimono Nono’s singing put the boys on rock rock? Will they flock to her side? Will they show her what they’ve got?

Will the boys of beForkin Awshum ever convince the buttered Crumpets to meet them in the big meadow after dark?

For the answers to these and other ridiculous questions, Stay Tuned for more exciting episodes of…

dramatic music crescendo

Y U No Like Chives?!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

This week of all weeks we’ve had so far really makes the difference and the tension must be getting to some of you guys.

I’m feeling pretty excited – who’s leaving T2 after this week? DB is surely coming up….
Will it be KN or FA??? A fresh match up will do wonders for all.

/goosebumps

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Yodaman.3274

Yodaman.3274

I don’t have anything to add

FTFY
You’re welcome. Moving on..

[HL] on FA have done a magnificent job sieging up Hills in KN BL. I actually want someone to come and take that keep, just so they can see how much it has been decked out. Pretty mindblowing stuff – I stopped counting after I saw 5 superior trebs and ~10-15 superior arrow carts on the inner perimeter..

As a part of the effort earlier today at Hills in KN BL, I want to extend a thank the people (and a special person) responsible for a large part of that effort (you know who you are), you are a great asset to FA’s prowess. Keep up the good work!

FA [BOSS]/ Ragarok Lvl 80 Ele/ Invisabelle Lvl 80 Mes/ Oni Sa Lvl 80 Thief/Hammon Lvl 80 Guardian

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Could a Kaineng commander please message me? I have information that you may find useful regarding a mutual friend of ours.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Such a shame too, this matchup was pretty good about a month ago until one of the servers decided they wanted a t1 amount of population.

First, the 3 CD guilds came two weeks ago. That was AFTER TC already took first place on it’s own.

Second, these guilds only field about 40 people. Granted, 40 people at off-time can do alot and it are a welcome 40 people, but it’s only that: 40 people.

Third, WM taking a break changed this tier much more than the 40 WWW players.

Forth, TC had a great reset day. We ticked at 300+ points consistently. That had nothing to do with the 40 new players, but mainly with DIS taking so much of FABL at reset. TC kept FA Garrison for hours during reset, that has nothing to do with SEA coverage.

Fifth and most importantly, this tier will not change because TC got some extra ranking points, this tier will change because DB is taking points in T3.

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: luwe.1496

luwe.1496

KN to Tier 3 won’t be bad at all. I’m getting tired of reading all the forum drama between TC and FA.

Question, does it really matter what Tier you are on? Are the world bonuses higher if you’re on a higher tier or does it only matter if you’re green, blue or red?

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

whatever….TC just go to T1 already…would love to have kittenain. I miss those guys.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

ye kaineng doesn’t even have the people atm for this t2 matchup. t3 will prob. be better for now.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

kittenain was supposed to be DragonBrand, lol.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Nirvana.5796

Nirvana.5796

KN to Tier 3 won’t be bad at all. I’m getting tired of reading all the forum drama between TC and FA.

Question, does it really matter what Tier you are on? Are the world bonuses higher if you’re on a higher tier or does it only matter if you’re green, blue or red?

Tier matters for fights. In T3 you will never get the intense fights you see in T2.

Could a Kaineng commander please message me? I have information that you may find useful regarding a mutual friend of ours.

Stargazer… go to bed. Seriously!

Love Buzz [VK] – Guardian – Fort Aspenwood

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

TC zerg attempts to take Hills. (Please note Mesmer in background trying to yank the enemy off the top of the wall):

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

OMG Cute Pandas!

Love

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Question, does it really matter what Tier you are on?

It’s pride and ego.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

TC zerg attempts to take Hills. (Please note Mesmer in background trying to yank the enemy off the top of the wall):

You guys have tons of arrow carts in there and warriors manning all of them. Good job, your garrison is basically untouchable.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Nice to see our stacking is improving though it still takes us too long to gather.

The zerg also developed a tail and there were a few chasers going off on their own.

NAGA|TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Ulfnar.8317

Ulfnar.8317

You do realize that in order to have good fights you have to be in a tier where they are available. PPTing is a necessary task to be able to stay in a tier where good fights exist. Ergo some PPTing is done for the purpose of maintaining the prospects of good fights.

Additionally, this is my personal opinion/perspective, I can’t claim to speak for anyone else in my guild or server.

(edited by Ulfnar.8317)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

These matchup threads are very informative. So far I have learned that BT hides in structures on arrow carts, never does open field fighting (certainly never against pink, there must be more than one pink on tc), always runs with at LEAST 80 people (before counting people not in the guild), and consists almost entirely of guardians and elementalists, all of whom used to be thieves.

I would have never known these things if I didn’t visit the forums. Please keep the information flowing, I always like learning new things. Thanks in advance.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Krycek.1269

Krycek.1269

booo hooo everyone doesn’t play the way I want them to play boooo hooooo.

Olyn Deschain – Guardian[LAID]
Duey Decimator – Thief

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

K

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

(edited by Odaman.8359)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Good job fighting in FABL today. I enjoyed commanding against you for most of today despite apparently dying of bronchitis.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

This week of all weeks we’ve had so far really makes the difference and the tension must be getting to some of you guys.

I’m feeling pretty excited – who’s leaving T2 after this week? DB is surely coming up….

/goosebumps

KN hopefully. Tired of FA’s constant lack of sportsmanship. Love busting your zergs over and over, but this forum crap between FA and TC has got to go.

TC totally hung in there when the going was tough, and they are finally having their day in the spotlight. Kudo’s to all of them. TC/DB/?? will be a good matchup, and I hope much naked yak running ensues in the future.

WvW Necro

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

/goosebumps

KN hopefully. Tired of FA’s constant lack of sportsmanship. Love busting your zergs over and over, but this forum crap between FA and TC has got to go.

TC totally hung in there when the going was tough, and they are finally having their day in the spotlight. Kudo’s to all of them. TC/DB/?? will be a good matchup, and I hope much naked yak running ensues in the future.

I’m a TCer and I agree with you about the forum crap, even from other TCers.

I normally read this thread at work during my lunch but last weeks didn’t get read much. And this weeks won’t either judging by how it’s starting to look. Guys, try to keep the thread clean from the junk. Good banter is great, bad banter is just ugh.

See ya on the battle field.

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

Are there any new TC guilds with good skills nowadays? Since all the old one are the same or worse after 7 weeks, I mean we are very very disappointed…

Lothem

(edited by Tearofsoul.9843)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Hectoncheir.4210

Hectoncheir.4210

Oh sweet Talos. Still at the depression stage. Still waiting for internets to come back.
I miss targets spontaneously combusting from confusion! (??????? ???

Attachments:

The squid has enthralled me. All glory to the squid! Hulululululu!
Yours truly, a Stick-wielding Mesmer twit.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Dear Moderators,

I feel for you, I really do.

-Nibbles

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

If it’s true… Then kain will miss you WM :<

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Just going to throw this out there.

Thanks everyone for showing up and making the game fun for all involved, some forum personas grate on others, ALL are guilty myself included.

But personas arent people, have fun all.

Cya on the BLs.

Meega Kweesta

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

Are there any new TC guilds with good skills nowadays? Since all the old one are the same or worse after 7 weeks, I mean we are very very disappointed…

Cool Story bra!

We haven’t been having much trouble with FA… Hopefully Dragonbrand will put up more of a fight.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

What fun this thread is!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rawr.5930

ib4 this thread is closed.

TC actually saying that they won this Tier for their “skills” and not their “numbers” is like saying USA got Japan out of WWII for their better tactics and not because they dropped nuclear bombs on 2 Japanese cities.

TC is a HUGE ZERGBALL that used to blame their losses on the culling, now that that is out of the way they say that when they lose is cuz of the enemy having higher numbers.

Once you guys hit T1, what excuse will you come up with to justify you showing up on your enemies’ screen as loot bags instead of actual competiton?

Keep lying to yourselves TC-ers, you are up for a VERY rude awakening.

I have to be honest. FA has had some very bad tactics in some of the skirmishes that I’ve seen as of late.

That’s because you tend to run away before the battle even begins.

Not too hard considering we have so many towers and keeps to run into in FABL no?

Wonder how we got those……

Must be some unicorn magic, and those cookie bribes we gave the guards..

Meega Kweesta

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The fear on my end is that once a world goes to T3 after spending so much time in T2 they may start to lose ppl both to transfers and just simply giving up on larges scale wvw fights.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

TC actually saying that they won this Tier for their “skills” and not their “numbers” is like saying USA got Japan out of WWII for their better tactics and not because they dropped nuclear bombs on 2 Japanese cities.

TC is a HUGE ZERGBALL that used to blame their losses on the culling, now that that is out of the way they say that when they lose is cuz of the enemy having higher numbers.

Once you guys hit T1, what excuse will you come up with to justify you showing up on your enemies’ screen as loot bags instead of actual competiton?

I have to be honest. FA has had some very bad tactics in some of the skirmishes that I’ve seen as of late.

Eh, I am not getting in a flame war with you. I am just saying that I’ve seen some horrible tactics in basic stuff like siege placement, getting flanked, getting portal bombed, keep/tower defense.

The only thing I can really say that FA has done well in the last two weeks is Garrison defense. You guys defend the hell out of your garrison.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Not too hard considering we have so many towers and keeps to run into in FABL no?

It’s easy to defend towers and keeps when you outnumber the enemy 2+ to 1.

But who’s counting? FA’s about the fights, not the PPT.

OH, and I’ll take a box of cookies to support you girl scouts.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rawr.5930

It’s easy to defend towers and keeps when you outnumber the enemy 2+ to 1.

But who’s counting? FA’s about the fights, not the PPT.

OH, and I’ll take a box of cookies to support you girl scouts.

Why thank you.

So i guess the towers magically flipped themselves then.

Cookie bribes ftw!

Meega Kweesta

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: LaMisT.1863

LaMisT.1863

Looks like lots of chest thumpers appeared on TC’s side. Lets stop the chest thumping please. Lets not become like some other servers. The forums is where they can get some pride back. Leave them be.

I am Help, the Magical White Mushroom. :3

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Looks like lots of chest thumpers appeared on TC’s side. Lets stop the chest thumping please. Lets not become like some other servers. The forums is where they can get some pride back. Leave them be.

^ Yep, just let em have this. TC is doing well. Thats all that matters. :p

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

In case people don’t know WM disbanded and what is left is going to EU.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Fun fights on FABL tonight. Spent so much time running from Bay to the north towers and back again that my toon lost a bunch of weight. xD

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Oi! This thread is filled with vitriol and acid on both TC and FA sides. Honestly starting to feel really bad for KN at this point listening to us all bicker and whine. I rarely see them with anything more than a good game.

What’s happened to us over the last month and a half? TC, come on. We’re better than this. FA as well. We both started this matchup with at least a modicrum of respect for each other. Now it’s kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten RRRRAAWWWWWRRRR. I for one am tired of the hate spewing forth, the thread locks (one last week for certain and this weeks is heading there rapidly at this pace) because we can’t contain an unnecessary hatred of one another. I can’t be the only one tired of this sewage. This is the last score I put up for a bit, it’s not fun coming here anymore. Cheers to all sides. Good game all, and see you on the battlefield.

Score update:

Attachments:

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Eh, I am not getting in a flame war with you. I am just saying that I’ve seen some horrible tactics in basic stuff like siege placement, getting flanked, getting portal bombed, keep/tower defense.

The only thing I can really say that FA has done well in the last two weeks is Garrison defense. You guys defend the hell out of your garrison.

That may be the case, but then again this week has been sort of an off week for us.

Looks like lots of chest thumpers appeared on TC’s side. Lets stop the chest thumping please. Lets not become more obnoxious than we already are.

SMHFTFY.

+1 for effort you guys are the best server in combat ha ha ha

You know it babe. <3

Yes i knew it was an off week like every other one

• They’re also always outmanned
  • Always being 2v1
  • Always the one with least coverage
  • Never recruits
  • etc etc etc etc

It’s not easy being the underdog, but FA doesn’t go for easy.

KN will likely take up the underdog position these next few days/weeks though.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood