4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

As a commander who’s fought SF for months and months now, I’ll say this. SF generally doesn’t go all out on reset night like most servers do, and I’m assuming a lot of their players didn’t know/realize that they would be moving up a tier either, so don’t let your guard down! They might really crank up the heat in the next couple days, especially once players log in and realize its a different matchup.

Best of luck in T7 SF, make them feel some of the pain you gave us for the past 2-3 months xD.

Thanks. It’s odd not fighting against you guys haha. I’ve run face first in to a green door or two LOL.
But hey, this is your thread, good luck guys, keep showing GoM what you’re made of.
Much love ET and FC!

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

As a commander who’s fought SF for months and months now, I’ll say this. SF generally doesn’t go all out on reset night like most servers do, and I’m assuming a lot of their players didn’t know/realize that they would be moving up a tier either, so don’t let your guard down! They might really crank up the heat in the next couple days, especially once players log in and realize its a different matchup.

Best of luck in T7 SF, make them feel some of the pain you gave us for the past 2-3 months xD.

I highly doubt that. I think once people realized that they moved up a tier, EVERYONE was in WvW, because, no joke, we destroyed SF at the start, and all of a sudden they were zerging EVERYWHERE. :P So I think we really saw a lot of what they have to offer tonight.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: AdamKnight.1542

AdamKnight.1542

I highly doubt that. I think once people realized that they moved up a tier, EVERYONE was in WvW, because, no joke, we destroyed SF at the start, and all of a sudden they were zerging EVERYWHERE. :P So I think we really saw a lot of what they have to offer tonight.

Uh, naw. That’s the start of most SF WvW. They are like a sleeping dragon that you can kind of sneak around. But when you poke them to hard…well. It’s that zerg ball. All week.

Props to my SF brothers, I’ll miss ya.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Iskandor.9415

Iskandor.9415

So beautiful… should’ve sent a Mesmer…

So long team Sheen.
Team Bean and I’m sure Team Al welcome;

Hmm who are they?
Gate of Madness. Team Stark “My side! Your Side!”
Maybe Team Ted? -“Whoa this is a majorly deep hole”
Team Dante? – “I’m not even supposed to be here today!”

Welcome

I think they’d make for more a Clint Eastwood. “Go ahead, take my garrison.”

I’ve tried twice already tonight. You’ve got some good siege-defense placement, I’ll give you that, but we’re so used to the balls of lard that were on SF that… I’m actually killing people and it boggles the mind.

PS: I was the little Asura in TA Medium earlier that waved to a Scout by Sunnyhill… then came back with friends before the first Garrison attempt. Sorry I was rather single-minded for it, but this had to happen

EDIT: And in no way did I mean Clint because my pet is named Clint. Because he’s a hawk. Clint, Hawkeye… oh, shut up

Attachments:

Isquen – Ranger – Ferguson’s Crossing
Sabrina Norofski – Mesmer – Ferguson’s Crossing
Representing Elsendor Militia (who?)

(edited by Iskandor.9415)

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Hey Big Bro, we’re taking care of the castle you left for us… Are you proud of the Mid Bro? Younger Bro is also doing fine btw…

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Iskandor.9415

Jek, you probably should be getting that PoI on the southwest you’re missing before Sorrow’s Beesnest mass transfers to GoM to ruin our fun further

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Jek, you probably should be getting that PoI on the southwest you’re missing before Sorrow’s Beesnest mass transfers to GoM to ruin our fun further

We don’t like you guys that much to transfer back now that we finally got out of the ghetto

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Pretty good so far. We’re winning, for now, but SF is putting up a pretty good fight.

And yes, we might be, but I’ll trade you guys a few transfer guilds for RH. VLK loves them so much, we don’t want to see them go.

Well, we didn’t want to go either. But even though ANet saw fit to give SF a pity pass at our expense, we’re still having fun here. It’s tough to judge servers on reset night because everyone is so zergy and all the squishies come out to play, but I like what I’ve seen from ET and FC so far (and congrats to that guy who got his map completion!). It’ll be interesting to see how everyone settles in once the weekend rush ends and the real battle begins.

As for T7, we’re counting on you guys to represent it well and keep SF from moving up. Broken ratings systems or not, they’re sitting in a spot they didn’t earn, and all we want is a chance to get back there and fight them for it.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Pod.2769

Pod.2769

As for T7, we’re counting on you guys to represent it well and keep SF from moving up. Broken ratings systems or not, they’re sitting in a spot they didn’t earn, and all we want is a chance to get back there and fight them for it.

After the many weeks I spent fighting SF I can tell you, they earned their spot in T7. The nudge by Anet was a correction in the Glicko ratings not a free pass. The way the system was working, or not working, SF was never going to leave and another week of threads complaining about t8 and mega blowouts would continue.

Seems like a well balanced match so far to me.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Jextapose.6532

Jextapose.6532

GL to all my friends in FC. Show GoM that T8 is the new T7

Aether of the Wind
Field Generator – [VK]
Fort Aspenwood

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Dairius Stillgard.1953

Dairius Stillgard.1953

Pretty good so far. We’re winning, for now, but SF is putting up a pretty good fight.

And yes, we might be, but I’ll trade you guys a few transfer guilds for RH. VLK loves them so much, we don’t want to see them go.

NO You CAN’T have RH thier MINE Get it!
Gonna miss some of you guys!

Commander Kaargoth Soulbrand/LvL 80 Ranger GoM
Harbingerrs Of Tyria guild leader

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Someone needs to inform millenium about the new match up…

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

Hey Big Bro, we’re taking care of the castle you left for us… Are you proud of the Mid Bro? Younger Bro is also doing fine btw…

Good job to both ET and FC, keep up the awesome score updates. I do feel a little bad for GoM already losing 200pts so far…lol just kidding hope they brought their red shirts with them.

strange I guess if you type FC then keep it gets the kitten change – kitteneep

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

(edited by FilthyRat.4652)

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

still looks pretty even as of now

Attachments:

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

Welcome to the battle GoM and good luck to SF give T7 some of the hell you gave us.
Keep up the good fight ET, we finally get to prove that we were right about the rankings system.

To say SF got a free pass is silly they have been scoring more total points than any server in WvW for months, the scoring system just had them trapped and yes they do always start slowly expect a lot of big zergs running you all week T7.

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Biggest change so far: the forum thread.

We escaped the NSP forum trolls! Who knows what will happen now. The possibilities are endless! We could even (gasp) talk about the match-up.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We may have lost FilthyRat, but I’m sure somebody will fill the void he left behind.

I doubt anyone here will fill NSP’s shoes. They got our last thread closed…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I’ll miss Agg ball of doom and destruction that caused some headache in our borderlands :P

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

Ladies and gentlemen the leader of the great [wz], who has been an awesome guest on ET. His heroic deeds include telling FC where our zerg is and portaling our golems into the FC zerg.

The first ss is from someone in his guild who asked not to be named.

I guess it’s legal but imo distasteful.

Stay classy guys.

Come on…really. One really fine fellow there. Everyone on ET needs to make sure we give him a VERY WARM welcome whisper bomb full of joy and happiness and well wishes.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Darek.1836

its weird because wz runs the FC teamspeak but they dont even use it

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

Score update and some fine treb action….

Attachments:

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Celes.8953

Celes.8953

Well, we didn’t want to go either. But even though ANet saw fit to give SF a pity pass at our expense, we’re still having fun here. It’s tough to judge servers on reset night because everyone is so zergy and all the squishies come out to play, but I like what I’ve seen from ET and FC so far (and congrats to that guy who got his map completion!). It’ll be interesting to see how everyone settles in once the weekend rush ends and the real battle begins.

Pity pass? Look at T7 score, it looks more like a long deserved fix.
Go Big bro, show them what you are worth, Mid bro and Little bro will catch up. It would be actually funny to see the T8 Glicko Ghetto climb up tiers fast now that they have been freed.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

OMGosh … look at that score … im loggin ><

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Score update and some fine treb action….

If you are trebbing as ranger, you should really use a frost spirit.
a chance to +10% damage on a treb hit can hurt.
And the 10 sec cd on the proc doesn’t really matter given the loooong reload times on treb.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Dead by sandwich at eb gom keep and revenge at sm ><

Attachments:

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

-200 points for GoM on this matchup so far. Yikes. I’m sure that will change a bit once mos.mil gets updated with the new scores, but ouch.
[Agg] I kind of miss you. I’m still trying to figure out your equivalent in our new match-up. So far this isn’t a specific guild tag that makes us second think our plans. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to be here and the match-up is much better for us in T7, but I miss that feeling when everything is going great and then you see [Agg] tags and you know it’s going to be a knockout fight to make your next move. Give ’em hell guys!

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Not to be contradictory but, I think you will be surprised when you see their actual numbers.
When everyone on SF realizes the change, there will be queues in every BL + EB

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Iskandor.9415

Ladies and gentlemen the leader of the great [wz], who has been an awesome guest on ET. His heroic deeds include telling FC where our zerg is and portaling our golems into the FC zerg.

The first ss is from someone in his guild who asked not to be named.

I guess it’s legal but imo distasteful.

Stay classy guys.

You know, generally when you hide the names you remove it from your “message to” bar. But we already know that… that guy you were messaging to was on. We take pleasure in killing him sometimes

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

I’m confused by this WZ@ET stuff. I have seen the guild over on ET when we were fighting them, we smashed them along with everyone else. I figured it was just a coincidence.
I’m a part-time member of WZ@FC, I asked on the guild chat regarding this and got a giant “meh” in response. Which I guess is a pretty good response rather than a “muahahah yes we are plotting against them!”

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

So beautiful… should’ve sent a Mesmer…

So long team Sheen.
Team Bean and I’m sure Team Al welcome;

Hmm who are they?
Gate of Madness. Team Stark “My side! Your Side!”
Maybe Team Ted? -“Whoa this is a majorly deep hole”
Team Dante? – “I’m not even supposed to be here today!”

Welcome

I think they’d make for more a Clint Eastwood. “Go ahead, take my garrison.”

I’ve tried twice already tonight. You’ve got some good siege-defense placement, I’ll give you that, but we’re so used to the balls of lard that were on SF that… I’m actually killing people and it boggles the mind.

PS: I was the little Asura in TA Medium earlier that waved to a Scout by Sunnyhill… then came back with friends before the first Garrison attempt. Sorry I was rather single-minded for it, but this had to happen

EDIT: And in no way did I mean Clint because my pet is named Clint. Because he’s a hawk. Clint, Hawkeye… oh, shut up

You got it! Congrats!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Darek.1836

y not, y are you not on gw?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Oh yeh GoM
Forgot to mention.
Ferg and Eredon got better during that xfer period.

http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

<3

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Oh yeh GoM
Forgot to mention.
Ferg and Eredon got better during that xfer period.

http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

<3

Your name is Rob not rick , Rob. Banging you head on doors must really knock your brain around a bit =/

Anyways, the only transfer we got was TCMM and ive even seen some of our old guild on these T8 servers. Plus us rich people dont care about those kinds of things ( lvl 17 and more style than the whole of NSP, haters gonna hate.)

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I’m confused by this WZ@ET stuff. I have seen the guild over on ET when we were fighting them, we smashed them along with everyone else. I figured it was just a coincidence.
I’m a part-time member of WZ@FC, I asked on the guild chat regarding this and got a giant “meh” in response. Which I guess is a pretty good response rather than a “muahahah yes we are plotting against them!”

probly cuz its a bunch of guild drama that people dont wanna talk about

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

Just wanted to say great job fergs keep it up!!!

Attachments:

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

It kinda makes me sad to see GoM suddenly drop to T8, and, on top of that, score as low as they are (last time I checked). Having come from GoM myself, I’m surprised that the server declined so rapidly. When I was with them, they were having a fantastic race against NSP. Now… Even SF, a server that we used to beat often (no offense, SF, though it’s true, we did beat you pretty often when we were together in T7) has completely surpassed them. :/

That being said… I’m really looking forward to this fight. It looks like a really intense set of battles is going on between FC, and right now, these two servers are right up at one another’s throats.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

GoM is a strange bunch. Spent all day on FC BL, and seems like all of them are full zeker… lol

And the Quaggan horde was great too! Wish I got a screenshot.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

I think GoM may comeback quite quickly after the weekend.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I think GoM may comeback quite quickly after the weekend.

Let us hope so.

I don’t feel like fighting Isle of Janithir or whatever they’re calling themselves now.

Can’t win while drunk? No point trying.
Do it tomorrow
Welcome to ireland

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Deathstroke.5813

Deathstroke.5813

fc seems to only “zerg” and have no sense on tactics…they are only ahead because of shear numbers…10 [tcmm] pushed 20 of them into the hole they crawled out of…they are squishy little things when they arent running in a mob of 60 against 20

Apocalypseed – Tarnished Coast

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Deathstroke.5813

Deathstroke.5813

same can be said about et as well

Apocalypseed – Tarnished Coast

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: ClassyBear.5078

ClassyBear.5078

We have no sense of tactics because we work in groups. Kitten us, right?

P.S, this numbers argument is happening after weeks of people dissing on ET/FC because SF numbers didn’t matter and we just sucked at fighting them.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It kinda makes me sad to see GoM suddenly drop to T8, and, on top of that, score as low as they are (last time I checked). Having come from GoM myself, I’m surprised that the server declined so rapidly. When I was with them, they were having a fantastic race against NSP. Now… Even SF, a server that we used to beat often (no offense, SF, though it’s true, we did beat you pretty often when we were together in T7) has completely surpassed them. :/

Don’t count us out. We just need to adapt again. It’s been a pattern that any time we re-build, some outside force comes along and tears it down. Our WvW vets will shrug it off and keep pushing, but it’s difficult to keep re-earning the trust of our casuals and pugs when all of their efforts in building a well-coordinated community are rewarded with getting zerged by free transfers to every server not named GoM and then being physically moved down a tier on a developer’s whim.

Like styx said in our other match-up thread:
It feels like GoM just got kicked in the nuts… twice. We need a moment to walk it off.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Jaws.8734

Jaws.8734

Just saying I kind of miss ET and FC glad to see you guys having fun kicking kitten in WvW! We are doing pretty well as well hopefully making you guys proud

Attachments:

Sorrow’s Furnace (ICE)

(edited by Jaws.8734)

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Kay.5416

fc seems to only “zerg” and have no sense on tactics…they are only ahead because of shear numbers…10 [tcmm] pushed 20 of them into the hole they crawled out of…they are squishy little things when they arent running in a mob of 60 against 20

…. What a strange new world this is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Yes. Running in tightly coordinated balls with flanking maneuvers and group support builds is the #1 sign of no tactics. We don’t know what we’re doing. We’re just a mindless, headless mob.

Or, we’re just not the farming server you’d thought we’d be if and when a T7 came down here. We’re not going to be pushed around by GoM. You can call it a zerg, we call it ‘Welcome to T8’ party ball. See ya out there.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Sororita.3465

Yes. Running in tightly coordinated balls with flanking maneuvers and group support builds is the #1 sign of no tactics. We don’t know what we’re doing. We’re just a mindless, headless mob.

Or, we’re just not the farming server you’d thought we’d be if and when a T7 came down here. We’re not going to be pushed around by GoM. You can call it a zerg, we call it ‘Welcome to T8’ party ball. See ya out there.

SF really got to you didnt they? Dont be angry at us because you couldnt compete with them, nothing but pure hate coming from you kitten ants, hate aimed entirely at the wrong people.

Go look at ET and FC posts concerning this situation and then GoM, you guys are the only ones trash talking.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Kay.5416

Just saying I kind of miss ET and FC glad to see you guys having fun kicking kitten in WvW! We are doing pretty well as well hopefully making you guys proud

You’re doing great, big bro! I’m just thrilled for you guys, keep up the good job!

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Posted by: ClassyBear.5078

ClassyBear.5078

SF really got to you didnt they? Dont be angry at us because you couldnt compete with them, nothing but pure hate coming from you kitten ants, hate aimed entirely at the wrong people.

Go look at ET and FC posts concerning this situation and then GoM, you guys are the only ones trash talking.

…The post you quoted is in response to a GoM person trash talking.

And last I checked, what happened to GoM only happened because that world was at the bottom of tier 7. It wasn’t NSP or HoD, it was your server. Currently, SF is matching with those two as opposed to scraping along. If SF were getting destroyed as you all expected then I’d be inclined to agree that you guys should be angry.

But, to be honest, I feel like everyone is having good balanced fights in tier 8 currently and should just be happy. Y’all had a bad first day/night but, based on PPT at primetime, the coming fights will be exciting.

(edited by ClassyBear.5078)

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Sororita.3465

…The post you quoted is in response to a GoM person trash talking.

And last I checked, what happened to GoM only happened because you guys were at the bottom of your tier. It wasn’t NSP or HoD, it was your server. Currently, SF is matching with those two as opposed to scraping along.

- 5/6 of the bottom servers got transfers…we got hardly any.
-were a PvE server primarily, we were green 2 weeks ago and then the mario box came out, paired with transfers to HoD and NSP we couldnt compete.
-Devs gave no warning on their ratings .

We’re hardly scraping along. Scraping along would be T8 last week, not this match up.

4/5/13 FC/GoM/ET

in WvW

Darek.1836

I dont care for the reason, T8 is better than you (and t7) now and I think everyone knew this already, before the matchup started.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]