4/5 Dragonbrand - Yak's Bend - Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

Every time I see a ranger I’m like UGH, GET THAT OUTTA HERE!

Dude way rude. Next time I see you captain swagsalot is gonna tear out your jugular.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Its soooo easy to get a WP…. where are yours?

There’s only one in Eternal. You just proved my point though, it’s hard to KEEP a WP, not getting them, which is something DB need to do a lot better. Let’s see if you can keep a WP later, and you’ll realize how hard it is having little numbers to defend.

And I agree with you Guardian, so let’s just stop all these night-capping accusations if we lose our WPs outside of prime time.

They were being pedantic to be pedantic.

It’s like we’re Maguumans or something.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

Well, it’s certainly interesting to be bumped and to play one of the classic maguuma matchups : Versus DB & Yaks.

On Yaks : I find it super fun to see the improvements in general build strength and playmanship that you guys have done since the last time Maguuma had an opportunity to go yakslappin’ ;p . Of all the servers, you guys are probably the closest in numbers and individual fighting power and I love fighting you guys.

On Dragonbrand : Basically Dragonbrand have two things going on for them : Numbers and the infamous nightcap team. Build str & playmanship wise, DB are weaker than Mag or Yaks….. but the incredible amount of guys you can push into a fight means that no matter how strong you are, you just eventually get grinded down : at those odds it just gets ridiculous. ( How often a fight is gonna start 3mag vs 4db, and eventually turn into a 3vs8 ? Often.) And that nightcapteam is STILL as ridiculous as ever ( i mean, it is the same guys who nightcapped the whole wvw pie for xmas here).

I predict Dragonbrand will win by PvDooring and superzerging to victory, while we’ll be getting the real ACTUAL fighting done this week with the yak’s guys, cuz they actually live in our timezone and aren’t as kitten to fight.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Huge.5891

Huge.5891

Were any of you db players at that NE camp on db bl for that fight 15 minutes ago? Just wondering if you know how many people you had? Saw alot of NNK, guessing you had around 15-20, some might have been runbacks tho. We had 3 guildies and 3 pugs… Good fight.

Too Huge
Just Defend [DFND] Commander
Maguuma

(edited by Huge.5891)

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Honestly, our “night-crew” is just NA players staying up late to play the game. I’m guild leader of an almost entirely NA guild (we have two oceanics) who lives in the east coast, and I’m up until 3 AM most nights with around 10-15 guildies. Huge, who needs to probably sleep at this point, is also NA, and will regularly stay up until 7 or 8 AM.

I think your problem (Dragonbrand NA) really has nothing to do with coverage or time zones. You could very easily be stomping us if you didn’t rely on two things so heavily:

One, your night/morning/day/oceanic/asian/whatever crew. It’s very obvious to me that you guys don’t seem to really care about holding your stuff before your primetime ends, because you’re used to waking up/getting back from work/school and it all being fully upgraded again. That’s a bad habit, I think, because you give up around midnight EST, which gives most servers a good 6 hours of free stuff before NNK logs on.

Two, raid times. You guys have huge artificial holes in your coverage. There will be times, every day, that I will see gigantic zergs from the same guild on a map, have some awesome fights for an hour or two, then see less than 10 people on your borderlands for another hour or two, until the next guild zerg logs on. This leads to a few problems, namely that we can just weather the storm for an hour and take all your stuff again after, and that your guild groups aren’t necessarily extremely experienced in WvW, since it’s clear that they only really do it during these “raid times.” I don’t know of many guilds on Maguuma that have raid times. My guild and the ones I run with are in WvW pretty much all of the time, and guild groups don’t even make up 1/5th of the population of Maguuma, honestly.

There’s such a stark contrast between your population during these raid times and your lull periods that it’s almost comical. If you would ditch the events and just spread out your play all day, you’d probably fare much, much better.

I don’t think most servers realize how under populated our server really is (outside of Eternal)… we just communicate and move around a lot. So it seems like we’re everywhere, but we’re not.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Also, score update for those at work/school?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Also, score update for those at work/school?

Attachments:

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

Go home and defend the NNK zerg now Paralda!

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Go home and defend the NNK zerg now Paralda!

But I have to do college… :-(

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I think your problem (Dragonbrand NA) really has nothing to do with coverage or time zones. You could very easily be stomping us if you didn’t rely on two things so heavily:

One, your night/morning/day/oceanic/asian/whatever crew. It’s very obvious to me that you guys don’t seem to really care about holding your stuff before your primetime ends, because you’re used to waking up/getting back from work/school and it all being fully upgraded again. That’s a bad habit, I think, because you give up around midnight EST, which gives most servers a good 6 hours of free stuff before NNK logs on.

I don’t think we’re disinterested or reliant on our SEA players at all. We just play when we can play. I personally have to be at work at 8 AM EDT, so I log off around midnight, if not earlier. From my experience, we’ve always had a significant drop in numbers around 11pm – midnight eastern, so I’ve always assumed our NA population is somewhat skewed toward the east coasters.

Two, raid times. You guys have huge artificial holes in your coverage. There will be times, every day, that I will see gigantic zergs from the same guild on a map, have some awesome fights for an hour or two, then see less than 10 people on your borderlands for another hour or two, until the next guild zerg logs on. This leads to a few problems, namely that we can just weather the storm for an hour and take all your stuff again after, and that your guild groups aren’t necessarily extremely experienced in WvW, since it’s clear that they only really do it during these “raid times.” I don’t know of many guilds on Maguuma that have raid times. My guild and the ones I run with are in WvW pretty much all of the time, and guild groups don’t even make up 1/5th of the population of Maguuma, honestly.

There’s such a stark contrast between your population during these raid times and your lull periods that it’s almost comical. If you would ditch the events and just spread out your play all day, you’d probably fare much, much better.

I don’t think most servers realize how under populated our server really is (outside of Eternal)… we just communicate and move around a lot. So it seems like we’re everywhere, but we’re not.

I think you answered your own comment just fine.

in WvW

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

I don’t understand Dragonbrand sometimes, I was stood outside South West tower yesterday, alone on the bridge with maybe 10-15 DB in the tower stood on the walls looking at me.

They proceeded to call in 2 teams to attack me from Ruins in groups of 5 which failed because “lol” thief. Then they built a Ballista and started shooting at me. Dragonbrand, color me confused?

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in WvW

Xirin.8593

I don’t understand Dragonbrand sometimes, I was stood outside South West tower yesterday, alone on the bridge with maybe 10-15 DB in the tower stood on the walls looking at me.

They proceeded to call in 2 teams to attack me from Ruins in groups of 5 which failed because “lol” thief. Then they built a Ballista and started shooting at me. Dragonbrand, color me confused?

I’ve noticed this too. I roamed with one other person last night and this situation occurred a few times. 5+ in a tower staring at 2 of us. If the situation was reversed I would have Leeroy Jenkins’d it up. Are people that afraid of dying that they won’t engage unless they outnumber at least 3 to 1? Is 2.5 to 1 not enough?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

i’m assuming both of you were on your thieves and …well…thieves are annoying to fight…

[Agg] ression

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Mesmers are more annoying (imo) and I make a beeline for them, as they are the most challenging class for me to fight.

Different strokes, I guess.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

we just communicate and move around a lot. So it seems like we’re everywhere, but we’re not.

i.e. a good cmd taking their zergy to a different map to save Garrison at the last second (last week~)

Attachments:

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

what’s with all the QQ about night capping? sounds like someone is jelly! so tier 4 of you!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

i’m assuming both of you were on your thieves and …well…thieves are annoying to fight…

I was much more confused about the Ballista to be honest.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Maguma and Yaks Bend, I am sincerely sorry we have a Sea presence but you knew that long before this match even started. You beat us once with our Sea presence and back then I would say our NA was stronger at defending. Do you feel better now? I don’t see DB crying about our NA presence as much as you all QQ. Suck it up and fight it out or you could simply join us because we all know DB’s Sea is loyal.

P.S. I am very disappointed on the sportsmanship side. I rolled around in deer form on Yaks BL with a few friends and found alot of hostile Maguma and Benders. To the ones that didn’t kill me and hung out with us thanks for the entertainment. Loved sitting in Yak’s Garrison while some Maguma capped it cept most weren’t that friendly only a couple.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

(edited by lani.7431)

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Halleck.3156

Sam Halleck.3156

It has been a few weeks since Maguuma has been in the tier 3 party. Do Db and Yaks still fight club? If not, lets organize one. I know [iLL] would be interested. Contact me – Sam Halleck.

Sam Halleck – Maguuma
Guild: [iLL] Illusion
Male Sylvari Thief

in WvW

Huge.5891

Maguma and Yaks Bend, I am sincerely sorry we have a Sea presence but you knew that long before this match even started. You beat us once with our Sea presence and back then I would say our NA was stronger at defending. Do you feel better now? I don’t see DB crying about our NA presence as much as you all QQ. Suck it up and fight it out or you could simply join us because we all know DB’s Sea is loyal.

DB was the ones QQing about mags nightcapping? lol wut? All we did was point out who was actually nightcapping…..

Too Huge
Maguuma

in WvW

The Goat.1940

DB was the ones QQing about mags nightcapping? lol wut? All we did was point out who was actually nightcapping…..

ok so we all agree complaining about night capping is ridiculous, so lets drop it.

on another note I think DB is the only server in t3 that belongs here. both yaks and mag are t4 at best.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

Huge.5891

ok so we all agree complaining about night capping is ridiculous, so lets drop it.

on another note I think DB is the only server in t3 that belongs here. both yaks and mag are t4 at best.

Your NA primetime is tier 7, at best…

Too Huge
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

It’s barely 6pm, lol, wait a bit more.

To be honest, our asians are the morning crew. You guys are night-capping everything.

yep idk which server this person is on but it all started with this post.
(i believe its a DB) so dont say we Q.Q when you guys (possibly) started this

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Your Sea is tier 8, at best… I win. XD

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in WvW

The Goat.1940

lol ok there! whatever makes you feel better.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

Vi Au.8341

lol wut? i hope this is a joke right?
i have bad internet sarcasm detectors

in WvW

The Goat.1940

lol wut? i hope this is a joke right?
i have bad internet sarcasm detectors

nope no joke, t4 worthy, gl with that. you can’t even keep us ticking 50 during your prime time.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

Our PUGs are just as organized as everyone else’s.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Tree yak is being inflammatory… You are not even winning by 10k right now, I think that speaks volumes. And both of our servers wreck T4.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Atine.8623

Atine.8623

Not saying he didn’t start it, but if you kill a murderer, that makes you a murderer too.

Tree yak is being inflammatory… You are not even winning by 10k right now, I think that speaks volumes. And both of our servers wreck T4.

So you guys expect DB to be winning more then 10k? Believe in yourselves! Besides, it’s Monday and who knows what the scores will be on Friday

Seriously guys, its nice to see that we have a much more “lively” thread then the previous week ones, so please don’t let the moderators close our lovely reunion thread

Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall
Cras es Noster!
My posts are strictly my own, they do not represent my server nor my guild.

in WvW

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

A lot of the credit for why Mag is highly effective at night has to go to Crystal Desert. They had a significant SEA presence which the Mag night crew has been cutting its teeth on for the better part of the last month.

They’ve definitely helped us in improving our mobility, defense, and logistics by forcing us to play smarter to make up for the lack of numbers. That a dozen Mag night crew can wipe a 30 man zerg in open field combat, or that we can sneak a golem in to solo/duo cap a tower across the map is no fluke.

in WvW

Vi Au.8341

good thing i havent murdered anyone so that still makes me an innocent gw citizen ^.^

CD SEA did keep mag SEA crew in shape but DB SEA is totally different in size

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

Mag had a SEA crew? O.o
If so they speak impeccable American English in voice chat. : p

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Not saying he didn’t start it, but if you kill a murderer, that makes you a murderer too.

So you guys expect DB to be winning more then 10k? Believe in yourselves! Besides, it’s Monday and who knows what the scores will be on Friday

Seriously guys, its nice to see that we have a much more “lively” thread then the previous week ones, so please don’t let the moderators close our lovely reunion thread

I’m 99% sure mods just ignore Maguuma threads at this point.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

I’m 99% sure mods just ignore Maguuma threads at this point.

They’re too busy watching and rewatching the “We’re Buds” video on youtube to care.

Edit: BTW can we get a score update for the school/work crowd?

(edited by sdsakuragi.8170)

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

Thank you kind sir. Well Paralda, Huge, Teemo, and the other night crew commanders. Looks like another busy night for us tonight.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

In the context of “Mag and YB should be T4”, yes, I would expect that :P

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Thank you kind sir. Well Paralda, Huge, Teemo, and the other night crew commanders. Looks like another busy night for us tonight.

8 est to 2-3 am is more like prime time crew.

Now, Huge up until 7 am is definitely a night crew commander.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

8 est to 2-3 am is more like prime time crew.

Now, Huge up until 7 am is definitely a night crew commander.

Don’t even pretend I haven’t seen you on at 2am pst/5am est. : p
I don’t even sign in till 10-11pm pst most nights at the earliest, and I see you all the time. And I swear to Kormir that Huge is on way past 7am est. There been nights when I’ve logged off at 5am pst and he’s still “stability spiking” people in the butt.

in WvW

Posted by: Kubb.9764

Kubb.9764

Let us all take into account that most of these posts are from pretty much the same people. If I’m not mistaken, those people do not account for an entire server. Yes we can throw accusations around as if they were facts. In the end, it doesn’t matter. We are all in the same tier, which roughly means the same population (SEA, NA whatever).
I’ve enjoyed this match-up and there is still 5 days till reset. Anything can really happen. Lets not jump on our high horses just yet.

Asura

(edited by Kubb.9764)

in WvW

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Well, it’s certainly interesting to be bumped and to play one of the classic maguuma matchups : Versus DB & Yaks.

On Yaks : I find it super fun to see the improvements in general build strength and playmanship that you guys have done since the last time Maguuma had an opportunity to go yakslappin’ ;p . Of all the servers, you guys are probably the closest in numbers and individual fighting power and I love fighting you guys.

On Dragonbrand : Basically Dragonbrand have two things going on for them : Numbers and the infamous nightcap team. Build str & playmanship wise, DB are weaker than Mag or Yaks….. but the incredible amount of guys you can push into a fight means that no matter how strong you are, you just eventually get grinded down : at those odds it just gets ridiculous. ( How often a fight is gonna start 3mag vs 4db, and eventually turn into a 3vs8 ? Often.) And that nightcapteam is STILL as ridiculous as ever ( i mean, it is the same guys who nightcapped the whole wvw pie for xmas here).

I predict Dragonbrand will win by PvDooring and superzerging to victory, while we’ll be getting the real ACTUAL fighting done this week with the yak’s guys, cuz they actually live in our timezone and aren’t as kitten to fight.

Your post is soo beautiful man…You must be the pride of your server

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I’m impressed. Our ten guys are t8! WE’RE DOING IT GUIZ!! MORE BEER.

nope no joke, t4 worthy, gl with that. you can’t even keep us ticking 50 during your prime time.

Is that a challenge? I like challenges.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

(edited by kerona.3465)

in WvW

Posted by: Shnozy.5938

Shnozy.5938

Weird, people complaining about DB outnumbering them. When I play, unless im with my guild we have always been outnumbered. It just matters when you play. It goes in waves. Last night mags were outnumbering us easy….stop complaining and just play

[BP] Dragonbrand
Jt Franchise- Ele, Jt Mes Daddy- Mesmer, Billy Smalsh- Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

I’m impressed. Our ten guys are t8! WE’RE DOING IT GUIZ!! MORE BEER.

Is that a challenge? I like challenges.

I think it is obby, eats some bacon.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Weird, people complaining about DB outnumbering them. When I play, unless im with my guild we have always been outnumbered. It just matters when you play. It goes in waves. Last night mags were outnumbering us easy….stop complaining and just play

I dont think anyone is saying DB outnumbers everyone, its just that the asian prescence means when everyone is sleeping/getting up for work or school, DB is running around empty borderlands taking everything.

I dont understand what those asian guilds are even doing on NA servers to be honest, but whatever.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

DB player starts complaining about night capping.
DB tells other people to stop complaining about night capping.

Hilarity ensues.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

There are no asian servers at all and NA probably has a better connection to EU, I don’t blame them, It would have been nice if anet had made some oceanic servers but ohwell.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

complaining about night capping is so passé

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Yaks and Maguuma have slightly more people than us during the afternoon hours (Yaks more than Maguuma), Maguuma have quite a few more than us late evening/early morning (Yaks go to bed early), but for a relatively short period we basically own all of the maps thanks to our Asians. That’s what the 10k lead is about.

In the end it works out that we’re fairly close in score and likely overall numbers throughout the 24h clock. Welcome to T3. Get used to it, we’re going to be playing together a while.

Weekends are Dragonbrand’s Kryptonite, anyway.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Yaks and Maguuma have slightly more people than us during the afternoon hours (Yaks more than Maguuma), Maguuma have quite a few more than us late evening/early morning (Yaks go to bed early), but for a relatively short period we basically own all of the maps thanks to our Asians. That’s what the 10k lead is about.

In the end it works out that we’re fairly close in score and likely overall numbers throughout the 24h clock. Welcome to T3. Get used to it, we’re going to be playing together a while.

Weekends are Dragonbrand’s Kryptonite, anyway.

~ Kovu

Are you talking to your own server? I don’t understand the DB posts here!!