4/5 Dragonbrand - Yak's Bend - Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: AngTSAO.1852

AngTSAO.1852

The video posted was called “NNK PvDoor” and was a sped-up video of them attacking nothing but gates for 6 minutes. It didn’t answer the “why,” it only showed us what was already questioned.

And Eva’s answer doesn’t really count since she left the server because she couldn’t find other people to play with when she was online. Surely if she played with these folks, she’d have a lot of friends.

I missed the actual NNK answer so forgive me

edit: so I guess we’re left with the NA chest-thumper answer about why their friends stick around. One out of four is not great.

NNK and TFV stay because they have developed a bond and trust with the existing NA guilds and players on this server. They know who they are getting their points for when they fight during their time. We have fought together for a long time, we aren’t just strangers on the same server. In fact, alot of my guild are members of NNK just like EA has some TFV members. If they leave they would know no one on these new servers like moving to a new country. They stay because this is their home. They have been here for so long no where else would be the same. Can you understand that?

I’m pretty sure they have been offered and bribed everything under the sun but still have not moved off. They demonstrate unwavering loyalty to Dragonbrand which is more than can be said for alot of guilds and people on other servers. This is what makes Dragonbrand an amazing server.

Good answer, i love you^^

Vocal Ang[TFV] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Uh, last night we were outmanned in our own borderland. 30 people my kitten

The new outmanned buff is awesome, by the way. I was solo roaming last night in our BL, and was killed numerous times, but didn’t mind it at all. No armor repairs

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I still don’t understand why DB wants to recruit more NA.

Your NA population is (gasp) about as large as Maguuma’s, possibly larger at some times. Last night, we took your entire borderland with 30 people. You had 30 people, too. We had some good fights, but ultimately kept you contained to one or two towers for an hour or two.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, 60+ come and take back their garrison. You get the west keep back, and then we hold down the east keep for about an hour. Just as suddenly as the 60+ came, they were gone, so our 30 fought your 30, won a bunch, and took your borderland again.

An hour later, this same process happens again, except this time you come back with even more. If you guys would just spread out your play to have 40 people in a borderland all the time, instead of 20 for awhile, then 60+ for an hour, you would be doing much better.

Plus, ignoring the fact that your NA presence is fine (probably stronger than Yak’s NA presence, as far as population goes), if you had even more NA, you would destabilize a relatively even fight, and jump up and down from T2 every week, like FA did for awhile, or like Maguuma did with T3/T4 for the past few months.

Tl;dr: your NA population is fine, just utilize it better.

I would really like to know when this scenario played out, because DB had the outmanned buffed last night in our own BL most of the night.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

I still don’t understand why DB wants to recruit more NA.

Your NA population is (gasp) about as large as Maguuma’s, possibly larger at some times. Last night, we took your entire borderland with 30 people. You had 30 people, too. We had some good fights, but ultimately kept you contained to one or two towers for an hour or two.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, 60+ come and take back their garrison. You get the west keep back, and then we hold down the east keep for about an hour. Just as suddenly as the 60+ came, they were gone, so our 30 fought your 30, won a bunch, and took your borderland again.

An hour later, this same process happens again, except this time you come back with even more. If you guys would just spread out your play to have 40 people in a borderland all the time, instead of 20 for awhile, then 60+ for an hour, you would be doing much better.

Plus, ignoring the fact that your NA presence is fine (probably stronger than Yak’s NA presence, as far as population goes), if you had even more NA, you would destabilize a relatively even fight, and jump up and down from T2 every week, like FA did for awhile, or like Maguuma did with T3/T4 for the past few months.

I would really like to know when this scenario played out, because DB had the outmanned buffed last night in our own BL most of the night.

This was around 7ish? to roughly 10:30(I logged off at 10:30), I personally did not see any DB with outmanned, and watched as you guys wiped Yaks at WK, until they took it a bit later.

If you are getting outmanned during NA Prime Time, don’t blame it on numbers, but the guilds that only come in for a bit at a time, their so called, ‘Raid Times’. That’s DB’s NA problem, not numbers, but time spent WvWing. I’ve seen DB fill EB & DB BL up to the max easily, and still be attacking another BL. Then on the flip side during NA Prime time, I see your numbers vanish for a bit, because ‘raid time’ is over.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

Paralda, did you change your command schedule? I haven’t seen your tag all week. Huge has busy with work to command much this week and well… not all the new commander tags know what they’re doing.

in WvW

rice.5376

Paralda, did you change your command schedule? I haven’t seen your tag all week. Huge has busy with work to command much this week and well... not all the new commander tags know what they’re doing.

He was in DB BL last night, he had on it for a bit, probably missed him when he was eating (Fatty). El Kharno(SP?) was leading for the most of it, who did a great job.

Edit : I may have my days mixed up a bit, been knee deep in code all day.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

This was around 7ish? to roughly 10:30(I logged off at 10:30), I personally did not see any DB with outmanned, and watched as you guys wiped Yaks at WK, until they took it a bit later.

If you are getting outmanned during NA Prime Time, don’t blame it on numbers, but the guilds that only come in for a bit at a time, their so called, ‘Raid Times’. That’s DB’s NA problem, not numbers, but time spent WvWing. I’ve seen DB fill EB & DB BL up to the max easily, and still be attacking another BL. Then on the flip side during NA Prime time, I see your numbers vanish for a bit, because ‘raid time’ is over.

How is it not numbers if we’re getting outmanned? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Whether or not it’s from guilds moving in or out, or pugs moving in or out, or people doing the JP’s, the outmanned buff says one thing … you don’t have enough people!

Also, it’s not like the guild raid time factor you guys are talking about is in any way a fact. It’s a nice theory, but it doesn’t mean it’s true. So far, I’m thinking you guys are just fond of making stuff up to suit your needs instead of looking at things objectively.

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

This thread has more NNK QQ than all the last 4 weeeks of YB/DB/SoS. Yaks have pretty much accepted the daily night cap, and we prepare for an awesome last stand with NNK/TFV in our towers/keeps.

Also, Maguuma’s roaming groups are comprised of 100% mesmers, thieves, or D/D eles. Very efficient at running away.

EDIT: yea meant comprised. oops

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

(edited by Kronyx.2570)

in WvW

rice.5376

How is it not numbers if we’re getting outmanned? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Whether or not it’s from guilds moving in or out, or pugs moving in or out, or people doing the JP’s, the outmanned buff says one thing … you don’t have enough people!

Also, it’s not like the guild raid time factor you guys are talking about is in any way a fact. It’s a nice theory, but it doesn’t mean it’s true. So far, I’m thinking you guys are just fond of making stuff up to suit your needs instead of looking at things objectively.

I was writing something, but half way through, I got bored, and my writing time was up.

so i’ll do a TL:DR version. TG & BP both yield huge numbers, they raid for set times then rest. That’s your problem, not numbers. When they are in DB, they have a huge group 50+. You want those numbers on during Prime time? Yell at them to stay on longer then an hour.

Also, BroNade <3

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!

in WvW

rice.5376

If you are getting outmanned during NA Prime Time, don’t blame it on numbers, but the guilds that only come in for a bit at a time, their so called, ’Raid Times’. That’s DB’s NA problem, not numbers, but time spent WvWing. I’ve seen DB fill EB & DB BL up to the max easily, and still be attacking another BL. Then on the flip side during NA Prime time, I see your numbers vanish for a bit, because ’raid time’ is over.

How is it _not_ numbers if we’re getting outmanned? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Whether or not it’s from guilds moving in or out, or pugs moving in or out, or people doing the JP’s, the outmanned buff says one thing ... you don’t have enough people!

I was writing something, but half way through, I got bored, and my writing time was up.

so i’ll do a TL:DR version. TG & BP both yield huge numbers, they raid for set times then rest. That’s your problem, not numbers. When they are in DB, they have a huge group 50+. You want those numbers on during Prime time? Yell at them to stay on longer then an hour.

Also, BroNade &lt;3

& PS, we wiped the group that was at garri last night half 1/4 of the numbers.

and I may have left some bacon next to the forge, you can keep it.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I couldn’t care less about the PPT/coverage/whatever argument. But this made me raise an eyebrow:

Also, Maguuma’s roaming groups are compromised of 100% mesmers, thieves, or D/D eles.

Is it surprising that roaming groups would be made up of the classes generally considered to be the best at roaming?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

all the real pros roam as staff eles

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Calvin.5380

Also, BroNade <3

You know so much about my guild (BP), than I do, dear sir. When we raid (which is at least 4 times a week), it’s at least for 3 hours and usually stretches beyond 5 hours. A few of us are always in WvW, irrespective of official raids. And oh, we do drunken raids on Friday night, which I didn’t count above.

We do unofficial raids too. Last night, there were about 12 of us that ran in the night, constantly outmanned. Not complaining, since being outmanned is great in terms of fun and learning. Just saying. We ran until 2AM in the night (EST), until everyone went to sleep, after which I roamed solo was an hour, dying more than killing

As Mister Mustard said, nice theories. Keep ’em coming

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I think the point is raid times are dumb.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Calvin.5380

I think the point is raid times are dumb.

ok

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

I couldn’t care less about the PPT/coverage/whatever argument. But this made me raise an eyebrow:

Also, Maguuma’s roaming groups are compromised of 100% mesmers, thieves, or D/D eles.

Is it surprising that roaming groups would be made up of the classes generally considered to be the best at roaming?

You mean best at running =P

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

No, that isn’t what I mean. You didn’t answer my question.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Mister Mustard.7203

Also, BroNade <3

Let’s try Occam’s Razor:

Which is more likely?

Dragonbrand is a little short on the NA population.

or

Dragonbrand’s guilds all log in at the same time, for an hour only, and log off after smashing their faces against the infinitely more talented Maguuma roaming guilds?

Again, you can make up stuff all you want to. It doesn’t make it reality.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

You’re right, it is numbers. It is not, however, population.

Blah blah blah, raid times, blah blah blah, spread your doodz out more.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

This thread has more NNK QQ than all the last 4 weeeks of YB/DB/SoS. Yaks have pretty much accepted the daily night cap, and we prepare for an awesome last stand with NNK/TFV in our towers/keeps.

Also, Maguuma’s roaming groups are compromised of 100% mesmers, thieves, or D/D eles. Very efficient at running away.

I’m the lone roaming engi out there- I am the 1% :O

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Also, BroNade <3

Let’s try Occam’s Razor:

Which is more likely?

Dragonbrand is a little short on the NA population.

or

Dragonbrand’s guilds all log in at the same time, for an hour only, and log off after smashing their faces against the infinitely more talented Maguuma roaming guilds?

+1

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

If you aren’t playing an engineer you’re pretty much fotm anyway. Also I just noticed he meant to say “comprised”

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

No, that isn’t what I mean. You didn’t answer my question.

No it is not surprising and it makes sense, because I said “Very efficient at running away”. But yes, they move fast and are better for roaming. Since YB is behind in forum PVP points, I thought I would say it with a hint of contempt.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Mesmers are really terrible at running.

in WvW

rice.5376

Also, Maguuma’s roaming groups are compromised of 100% mesmers, thieves, or D/D eles. Very efficient at running away.

I’m the lone roaming engi out there- I am the 1% :O

Lies! I am the lone roaming engi.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You’re just saying that cuz your mesmer is fat

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

This thread has spiraled into the abyss many pages ago, but still entertaining to read.

Dragonbrand’s Asian Crew has stuck with us while we stuck with them all the way down to the lower tiers before rising back up (all of which was during free transfers). They have had many offers to transfer but they stay.

My guess is, Dragon’s are a big part of Asian culture and our name is better than yours. End of Story, I solved the puzzle and divided by zero at the same time.

The World will now end!

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Mister Mustard.7203

This thread has spiraled into the abyss many pages ago, but still entertaining to read.

Dragonbrand’s Asian Crew has stuck with us while we stuck with them all the way down to the lower tiers before rising back up (all of which was during free transfers). They have had many offers to transfer but they stay.

My guess is, Dragon’s are a big part of Asian culture and our name is better than yours. End of Story, I solved the puzzle and divided by zero at the same time.

The World will now end!

Ka-boom.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Also, BroNade <3

You know so much about my guild (BP), than I do, dear sir. When we raid (which is at least 4 times a week), it’s at least for 3 hours and usually stretches beyond 5 hours. A few of us are always in WvW, irrespective of official raids. And oh, we do drunken raids on Friday night, which I didn’t count above.

We do unofficial raids too. Last night, there were about 12 of us that ran in the night, constantly outmanned. Not complaining, since being outmanned is great in terms of fun and learning. Just saying. We ran until 2AM in the night (EST), until everyone went to sleep, after which I roamed solo was an hour, dying more than killing

As Mister Mustard said, nice theories. Keep ’em coming

How is that contradicting what he just said? You basically confirmed it. So you have 3-5 hour raids several times a week but that’s not every day and 3-5 hours != primetime. On a night with no official raid you were constantly outmanned. If two of your larger WvW guilds operate like this it’s going to be irregular coverage with some days and points in time where you’re outnumbered.

It may also be numbers but during a time when you need to shift towards the defensive, supposedly because of population, an uneven distribution of forces like that can’t be the best way to do it. Can it?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

our name is better than yours.

Ding ding ding, we have winrar!

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

You’re just saying that cuz your mesmer is fat

LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Yage.6784

Yage.6784

Nice try, troll.

Better luck next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Maguumas NA is T2/T3.
Maguumas SEA is T4/T5

This is where the problem lies.

If DB think they have it hard during NA timezone they should try being on MAG during SEA.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Some DB guilds have “raid times” to combat getting burned out. Constantly WvWing and nothing else leads to a quicker way of losing numbers for a longer period of time. This happened with [EA] during our climb back up, lost a lot of people to burn out who have since stopped WvW and GW2 all together.

[EA] has official raids 3-4 times a week where we can field close to 50 for 5+ hours. In between official raids, the hardcore WvW masochists in [EA] can field 15-20 at any given moment.

Honestly though, if all the DB NA guilds raided at the same time, you guys would probably QQ about that, too. Then what? kitten if you do, kitten if you don’t.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’ve hardly seen any EA this match, where do you guys play?

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

I’ve hardly seen any EA this match, where do you guys play?

We’ve been on defense in our BL for most of the match-up. We hop in and out of WvW wherever/whenever we are needed.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in WvW

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

all the real pros roam as staff eles

the wave of the future

in WvW

Efface.8460

Pls….your roamers excel at wiping

Pro-Tip: if you bring more than escape skills to fight, you can do more than escape from it

Nuclear science, I know

in WvW

Posted by: Yage.6784

Yage.6784

Maguumas NA is T2/T3.
Maguumas SEA is T4/T5

If DB think they have it hard during NA timezone they should try being on MAG during SEA.

DB doesn’t “have it hard” at any time vs. Maguuma. Occasionally they manage to gain a moderate point lead for an hour or two. And they point to that and say, “look look! If if , but but, QQ!”

in WvW

Calvin.5380

pro-tip for Mags PvF champs: Stop complaining and enjoy the game. Learn from Yak’s.

We like our server. We like our Asian presence, and we don’t mind being outmanned during NA prime hours. We struggle, but we fight, and enjoy it while we do.

End of world, someone said? Mayan ancestors, I presume?

Dragonbrand

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Maguumas NA is T2/T3.
Maguumas SEA is T4/T5

DB doesn’t “have it hard” at any time vs. Maguuma. Occasionally they manage to gain a moderate point lead for an hour or two. And they point to that and say, “look look! If if , but but, QQ!”

I dunno about you, but I’d consider losing all three keeps on my borderlands having it hard…I guess it’s just a difference of opinion.

in WvW

Efface.8460

Maguumas NA is T2/T3.
Maguumas SEA is T4/T5

SEA guilds haven’t changed since december, but your NA efficiency seems to have

Like another poster said: “Better luck next week”

in WvW

Efface.8460

pro-tip for Mags PvF champs: Stop complaining and enjoy the game. Learn from Yak’s.

We like our server. We like our Asian presence, and we don’t mind being outmanned during NA prime hours. We struggle, but we fight, and enjoy it while we do.

End of world, someone said? Mayan ancestors, I presume?

Bam! that’s how it’s done :-)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Maguumas NA is T2/T3.
Maguumas SEA is T4/T5

As drawn by Wortham, the second comic in particular.

Attachments:

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Pro-Tip: if you bring more than escape skills to fight, you can do more than escape from it

Nuclear science, I know

Please name a profession and an escape skill they shouldn’t bring.

in WvW

Efface.8460

Nuclear science, I know

Please name a profession and an escape skill they shouldn’t bring.

Obviously Purple….like der

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Is blue server dropping down a rank next week? I’d be surprised if they didn’t, considering…

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Calvin.5380

Hope not… I’d like to see Yak’s stay. They’re a jolly organized bunch, and can really surprise everyone with their tenaciousness. We’ve learned not to take them lightly. My personal opinion is that Yak’s are stronger than Mags (PvF warriors, please don’t start another war here, it’s my personal opinion). I think they can be #8 for a long time, or maybe even #7 with their current strength.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Your personal opinion is wrong. PvF warriors, CHAAAAARRRGE!!!!!

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

(edited by Fomby.4295)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

OH no you didn’t.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief