+40% Condition duration food is OP

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Everyone and their mother runs with lemongrass so yeah, if that’s still allowed the pizza is too. And also I like pizza…. =)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I think the 40 condition duration/redution on the foods is a lil’ too much. It’s like over 90% for immobilize reduction (wouldn’t having 50% total reduction on conditions be strong enough, do we really need to be itchin against 100% reduction 100% of the time? Isn’t that boring because it’s not interactive?).

Some fights it does feel like these foods are what decide the fights rather than anything else.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Lemongrass is more op than pizza for a simple reason as far wvw is concerned.
WvW is infested with warhorn warriors and shout guardians.
Cleansing runs so uncontroled that any condition build even on siege is useless.
With +40 con duration you have more chances to buff the enemy than actually hurt them.
I still dont get why people complain about koi cakes and pizzas when lemongrass has instant return with no drawbacks.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in WvW

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i can give 5stacks of confusion per rupt for 20 sec lol not op at all with this food.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

And I can send all of those stacks back to you within a second.
If you want to start the “nerf perplexity” discussion – I think that’s taking place in a few other threads.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

i can give 5stacks of confusion per rupt for 20 sec lol not op at all with this food.

I can use my warrior to flip those stacks of confusion every 6 seconds along with removeing movement debuffs into boons for me and 4 more friends of mine.
And oh look i got a guardian friend doing the same with shouts,for himself and 4 other buddies.
Not op at all.
Look mah! NO hands not even bothering to target!

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I can use my warrior to flip those stacks of confusion every 6 seconds along with removeing movement debuffs into boons for me and 4 more friends of mine.
And oh look i got a guardian friend doing the same with shouts,for himself and 4 other buddies.
Not op at all.
Look mah! NO hands not even bothering to target!

Except he’s talking about perplexity runes and in the right setup he would just keep interrupting your horn blasts and you get to take thousands of damage per action you try to take.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Condition removal is op. where is the power removal?

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Except he’s talking about perplexity runes and in the right setup he would just keep interrupting your horn blasts and you get to take thousands of damage per action you try to take.

He is poking fun at his post. The thread is about the food there are like 5 or 6 other perplexity rune threads.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Player Character.9467

It’s called toughness

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

It’s called toughness

Nope.
Try again.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

aspirine.6852

In the skill update october there is even more condition removal. Should I park my necro for wvw again…..

in WvW

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

OP?!? Why you open nonsense topics? You can use a condition remover.

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

in WvW

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Assume someone clears conditions often enough that they never eat more than half the duration. That’s still an effective 20% buff to condition duration JUST from food. It would be similar to giving power builds a food that provided +20% damage.

Wait what? They normally clear a 10s bleed after 5s but when their enemy uses condi duration food they clear them after 7s?

Why would anybody react that way?

Cuz KiTTEN logic ,right ?

No. You’re the one without logic here. Based on your statement, you’re arguing that because of cleansing, koi cakes do not increase the overall duration of applied conditions. In other words, koi cakes are useless. Why then does EVERY condition build run koi cakes instead of +condition dmg food?

What you’re failing to realize is that conditions can be reapplied, and condition cleansing can’t keep up. It’s absolutely atrocious logic if you honestly feel that koi cakes do not increase the overall average ticked duration of conditions applied.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

They should remove condition duration and put in condition critical; then half actual condition damage and make them works as direct damage.
You want to go full condition? You have to raise condition damage + condition critical chance + condition critical damage.
Condition damage = power
condition critical chance = precision
condition critical damage = critical damage

so even who wants to play conditions will have to give up something… a Condition damage + toughness + vitality build is just OP.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

So if the buff-food offered +100% Condition duration…or hell, +500% Condition duration, does the “Condition Remover” argument still pull?

As I’ve pointed out already in this thread, Conditions are already balanced around the assumption that they can be cleansed. It’s integral to their design and doesn’t factor in to this argument.

The fact that they can be increased/reduced by 40% is an imbalance compared to what other foods offer. It says nothing about game-balance or anything else.

Just food balance…

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

in WvW

aspirine.6852

So if the buff-food offered +100% Condition duration…or hell, +500% Condition duration, does the “Condition Remover” argument still pull?

As I’ve pointed out already in this thread, Conditions are already balanced around the assumption that they can be cleansed. It’s integral to their design and doesn’t factor in to this argument.

The fact that they can be increased/reduced by 40% is an imbalance compared to what other foods offer. It says nothing about game-balance or anything else.

Just food balance…

I am all for food removal from wvw, but that’s not going to happen. As long as there is -40% there is also a need for a +variant.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Or you can carry condition removals

Ehh…. I see both side of this coin. I have a class that is condition based and a class that excels at removing them. There isn’t any amount of condition removal in this game that can strip them faster than I can apply them with my necro.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

On that note, reading through this thread… there are a whole lot of people that need to learn the game mechanics a little better before posting. Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Condition duration is only effective on very short duration conditions, such as 2s bleeds from crits. Any condition that has a base of 8+ seconds wont really even matter because it will be removed by smart player before it even gets to 8s much less 11s (if you have 40% food). Conditions that stack in duration are even less affected by the food. I mean who really lets a poison tick for 30s? Plus, most of the duration conditions are getting nerfed next patch, and removals are getting buffed. What more do you want, complete removal of condition builds so you don’t have to take any defensive measures?

in WvW

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

(+) Condition duration can be good for power builds as well, not all conditions are about damage after all…

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Problem is not the +40% duration, problem is when people see 1 tick of bleed and they waste their condi removal.
And there is no fix for that..

One tick. What game are you playing? I have conditions running off my screen 90% of the time. In seconds. With perplexity runes, I have 15-20 stacks of confusion applied to me in seconds. There are big issues at play here.

The problem is the Condition casters now apply Fast Damage and are so tanky they can not be burst down. Previously, before Dire gear, perplexity runes, and recent buffs, they applied slow damage and were weaker to burst.

They are solving this run-away condi damage in the next patch.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Player Character.9467

It’s called toughness

Nope.
Try again.

http://i.imgur.com/Oq5dRt4.jpg
Check out what big ol bomb does with no toughness. Now tell me when the last time you heard of it doing that much was.

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

It’s called toughness

Nope.
Try again.

Check out what big ol bomb does with no toughness. Now tell me when the last time you heard of it doing that much was.

Been awhile since I tested it, but I would analyze a target for a quick 10 stack vulnerability, drop a glue bomb, drop B’o’B, use magnet pull, and use Elixir X. If it proc’d Rampager it would hit for an excess of 20k due to the power scaling of the elite form. If traited for it (and you get lucky on the proc) you can do this combo every 84 seconds.

Your welcome.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Player Character.9467

It’s called toughness

Nope.
Try again.

Been awhile since I tested it, but I would analyze a target for a quick 10 stack vulnerability, drop a glue bomb, drop B’o’B, use magnet pull, and use Elixir X. If it proc’d Rampager it would hit for an excess of 20k due to the power scaling of the elite form. If traited for it (and you get lucky on the proc) you can do this combo every 84 seconds.

Your welcome.

So… 37k→20-24k, oh look! Power removal!

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

It’s called toughness

Nope.
Try again.

Your welcome.

So… 37k->20-24k, oh look! Power removal!

Forgive me for not having damage numbers against naked level 2 up leveled’s.

37k against that is not all that crazy to me, nor is it relevant to something one may actually encounter. Full 25 vulnerability on the target, full 25 might on the engineer spec’d for zerker, it’s a believable number to see against any level 2 thief running around nude. Dare I say I may see if I can could get even higher numbers.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Player Character.9467

It’s called toughness

Nope.
Try again.

Your welcome.

So… 37k->20-24k, oh look! Power removal!

Forgive me for not having damage numbers against naked level 2 up leveled’s.

37k against that is not all that crazy to me, nor is it relevant to something one may actually encounter. Full 25 vulnerability on the target, full 25 might on the engineer spec’d for zerker, it’s a believable number to see against any level 2 thief running around nude. Dare I say I may see if I can could get even higher numbers.

And yet a lvl 2 warrior has more hp when they enter wvw than a zerker lvl 80 and would be hit just as hard by conditions. Clearly armor/toughness does something.