5,000 WXP from Laurel Vendor

in WvW

Posted by: katsu.4052

katsu.4052

“A consumable item that grants 5,000 WXP is now available from the laurel vendor in WvW.”

Is there anyone that’s in-game that can post the laurel cost for this?

http://prescribedrx.com/
NA | Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

It costs 2 Laurels and 50 Badges of Honor to buy.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hellooooooooooo rank 3 ram mastery

/buys 30

…when wvw is back up.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

Very disappointed about that. A dev already mentioned on the forum that we would soon be able to buy liquid WXP with badges. Looks like he forgot to mention that this will require laurels…
So in the end WvW badges are still as useless as they have always been.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Right as a new monthly lands,

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Soooo…, a PvE virgin, with no experience of WvW can do a few JPs and a monthly/daily or two and buy himself any WvW rank he can afford?

Why not – the Commander badge only costs 100g.

We had a similar system in the British army one time.

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

They had a chance to give some value back to BoH and failed (Laurels really?). But lets be honest did anyone really believe that they would do it right?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Laurels are time gated and the only way to get ascended trinkets. I suppose some players will have extra laurels after fully kitted alts but WvW levels seem to be a giant waste of laurels.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

guard killer guard lleach and defense against sieges – things you’ll want to get with your laurel if it’s up as well as one point per repair build ans upply mastery

<3 win. Then you level your wxp normally for your needs.

Alts are now viable again if this comes to life. <3 AND MY GUARDIAN WILL BE A COMMANDER WEE.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

guard killer guard lleach and defense against sieges – things you’ll want to get with your laurel if it’s up as well as one point per repair build ans upply mastery

Alts are now viable again if this comes to life. <3 AND MY GUARDIAN WILL BE A COMMANDER WEE.

it doesnt make alts viable

it just lets you invest more in your characters

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Does not seem to interesting with the laurel cost but I guess they needed to limit it cause I’m sure a lot of people have tons of badges at their bank(especially with the badges from achievement chests and now the sieges buyable at trading post – no badges needed → more to farm and save at the bank).

I hope the drop rates for that items that should drop from player loot bags are going to be okay.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

it doesnt make alts viable

it just lets you invest more in your characters

For me it does. And I do invest in all my characters. But I’d prefer wxp to be account spread rather than soul spread.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

That is roughly 440 laurels and 11000 badges to get one alt to Guard Leech and Applied Fortitude… yeah nobody has that. Badges sure, but that is almost a year’s worth of laurels.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

canadez.5328

Does not seem to interesting with the laurel cost but I guess they needed to limit it cause I’m sure a lot of people have tons of badges at their bank(especially with the badges from achievement chests and now the sieges buyable at trading post – no badges needed -> more to farm and save at the bank).

I hope the drop rates for that items that should drop from player loot bags are going to be okay.

Without laurels people would have a good reason to use up their badges (for example leveling alts). Laurels are way to valuable to waste on 1 i repeat ONE rank (we have 9,945 ranks). Its like buying gear boxes for laurels who does that?

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

It’s shocking how much reliance there is on laurels for this game with only one way of acquiring them
When will badges be the primary focus of a purchase (like the old days) instead of a pointless side cost…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So much for WXP being a character progression system, here buy your way to mastery.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Gw1: Fair and fun, easily accessible pvp modes, you can theory craft and sandbox builds til your heart is content.

Gw2: No theory crafting unless you sink 2 months into the gear first. Good work anet.

We need laurels for gear. Nobody smart/logical person is going to buy wvw ranks with laurels.

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Gw1: Fair and fun, easily accessible pvp modes, you can theory craft and sandbox builds til your heart is content.

Gw2: No theory crafting unless you sink 2 months into the gear first. Good work anet.

We need laurels for gear. Nobody smart/logical person is going to buy wvw ranks with laurels.

Well my laurels and badges are standing for still on my wallet but not sure if i should buy those or not. Maybe i will keep them for possible alts.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: ZaCeze.9416

ZaCeze.9416

No matter how you look at it, 2 laurels for 1 WvW rank is simply not worth it. Wonder which kitten would get that

Gumiho/Warrior Dessivie/Mesmer
I’m just a dolyak with presents on its back.
Ex-Kaineng→ IOJ Magnificient

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

So much for WXP being a character progression system, here buy your way to mastery.

2 days of dailies for one level of WXP, yeah you can totally buy your way up. I guess we need more WvW players who are afraid of PvEers with thier bought-rank, surely with the guard leech that they save 4-5 months for will now be very formidable.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

2 days of dailies for one level of WXP, yeah you can totally buy your way up. I guess we need more WvW players who are afraid of PvEers with thier bought-rank, surely with the guard leech that they save 4-5 months for will now be very formidable.

Well, that’s true. The next patch will be to ‘increase the WXP available from laurel vendors from 5,000 to 500,00 per laurel’ because it’s obviously too low and doesn’t properly reflect the time investment.

Thin end of a wedge. Once people can buy WvW superiority through PvE, whatever the cost, there will be pressure to make it easier for them. Look at badges of honour and the JP.

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

I really don’t see any problem here.
You can buy a rank with 2 laurels… the obvious intent is to let people buy few ranks, maybe to reach a specific level.

If you are upset because you can’t spend your tons of badges and buy a gazillion rank… too bad for you.

PvErs buying ranks is not a problem.

You can do anything you want with exotic gear or even rare items. You don’t really need ascended items to see if a build works fine or not. If you do, you’re doing it wrong.
Theorycraft a build, put your traits, spend 1gold for a full set of rares + foods.
Go out and test it for a week. Is it good and fun and your best build ever? Go for ascended items… gg.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

It’s really not a big deal!

Most of us have the WvW experiance 1st hand earning our ranks, so people who buy ranks are still not on par experiance wise. The amount of laurels needed to get applied fortitude is alot of months of dailys/monthlys. ANET isn’t just handing out these ranks. The cost is pretty high for buying ranks, and it should be.

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

When will anet realize no one wants this kitten? We have quite the robust list of things we want related to WvW, several of which would be incredibly simple to fix or implement. Buying ranks with laurels is not one of those things we’re interested in, but appeases the PvE crowd which gets showered with gifts every patch. Schtap it!

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

(edited by melodey.4652)

in WvW

Daendur.2357

When will anet realize I don’t want this kitten? I have quite the robust list of things I want related to WvW, several of which would be incredibly simple to fix or implement. Buying ranks with laurels is not one of those things I’m interested in, but appeases the PvE crowd which gets showered with gifts every patch. Schtap it!

fixed for you.

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

When will anet realize I don’t want this kitten? I have quite the robust list of things I want related to WvW, several of which would be incredibly simple to fix or implement. Buying ranks with laurels is not one of those things I’m interested in, but appeases the PvE crowd which gets showered with gifts every patch. Schtap it!

fixed for you.

orly. Because I didn’t post that. And it’s a laundry list common to all WvWers. Tell me you’d rather buy your ranks (implemented in March) with laurels (implemented I can’t remember.. sometime this year) over being able to kick offline people from party (should have been fixed in beta). Fix the broken stuff instead of adding this grindball/currency crap.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

They had a chance to give some value back to BoH and failed (Laurels really?). But lets be honest did anyone really believe that they would do it right?

You don’t need to log in daily to get BoH. What counts for them is users that log in daily, and Laurels encourage you to do exactly that. That’s why all the good stuff in the game requires Laurels, it’s just a business decision.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

This sounds pretty stupid, there should be nothing that gives you any amount of wxp except playing wvw. Who comes up with these idiotic ideas?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Here’s how they come up with these ideas: the spvp team sits down in the pub, gets tanked, then discusses ways that they can kitten up wvw even more so that (they hope) some people will start playing their beloved spvp. In the morning the new orders are passed down to the single part time wvw dev who then gets to work to implement the latest sabotage.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

This gets a big tumbs up from me, the change i mean.

Anything that closes the gap between these incredibly idiotic stats is a good thing. Getting the WvW level stat buffs easier will be loads of help against bloodlust ;P

Thank you for this one Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

When will anet realize no one wants this kitten?

Well of course players do not want any time-gating. Pleasing players with them is not the point. It’s a hack to artificially extend play time. Most of MMOs have that. Not that it is a good thing, but yeah, pretty normal unfortunately.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Daendur.2357

fixed for you.

orly. Because I didn’t post that. And it’s a laundry list common to all WvWers. Tell me you’d rather buy your ranks (implemented in March) with laurels (implemented I can’t remember.. sometime this year) over being able to kick offline people from party (should have been fixed in beta). Fix the broken stuff instead of adding this grindball/currency crap.

different teams maybe ?

in WvW

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

It’s another way to spend Laurels for people.

Some people already have their ascended stuff. Some people will never get the Ascended stuff.

And honestly, 2 Laurels for 5000 WXP isn’t that bad. Certainly getting 2500 WXP in WvW takes longer than doing a single daily.

And yes, with the achievement points giving everyone a crapton of Badges of Honor, you have to stop expecting that you’ll be able to get the good stuff with them. Especially in this case, where a WvW veteran is going to have thousands of badges that have no use. You’re not going to find a number where trading 1 WvW rank for badges would not screw up something.

in WvW

canadez.5328

You don’t need to log in daily to get BoH. What counts for them is users that log in daily, and Laurels encourage you to do exactly that. That’s why all the good stuff in the game requires Laurels, it’s just a business decision.

And you believe 1 rank worth 2 dailies is “good stuff”? 1 Rank won’t make anyone do his dailies. What made players do their dailies was asc. gear, minis, tonics. Someone who has the slightest interest in WvW will make a couple ranks in 10-20min and those who don’t care about WvW won’t care about WvW ranks.

The whole gripe about BoH is that Anet refuses to give BoH some value as a currency. Guess what if BoH would have more value it could get players into WvW. But that we don’t want right?

Since the very start of the game BoH was at bottom tier of all currencys. Players kept hording BoH. Players had to get rid of them because they filled up bank space. After a while we got the wallet -> problem solved. Then they introduced achievment chests which increased the inflation of BoH. And each time anet introduced an item which might be interesting, they attach another more valuable currency to it. That means players hesitate using up their BoH. Only time you could argue Anet did something for BoH was making siege equipment tradeable at the TP. And that move did more harm to WvW then anything else.

So here we are again we have an item which is actually pretty interesting. An item which is a good investment for your BoH.

- Players spend their BoH and actually gain something of value for it
- At some point Players won’t have thoushands of badges anymore (BoH gains value we might have to think about how to use our badges)
- Being able to buy valuable items with only BoH gives players a reason to join WvW

But now hold a second Anet wants me to pay additional laurels. A time gated currency. Do i really want to spend my laurels on an item like that? I dont think so.

TL;DR
Anet doesn’t want to be BoH a valuable currency. And this is hurting WvW as a whole.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

LOOOOOOOL

Anyone else: PLAY PVE TO WIN?!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Seems balanced to me. Half an hour of sPvP and the rest of your playtime in WvW/PvE.. seems reasonable.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

To each their own I suppose.

I already have ascended jewelry on my main toons, so my laurels were slowly stacking up. I spent 30 last night for some quick and easy World Ranks, don’t regret it one bit.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Is this supposed to be an implementation to help those like myself who have multiple alt accounts? If so, its done the complete opposite. I still need laurels to gear those characters and its going to take more than a year to get them all there. Now if I want to to invest in multiple characters = more laurels I need that I won’t have for years. Great if your only running one or two classes.

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

This is kinda useless to me, doesnt fix the ALT problem, I’m still stuck with one character because ANet like to punish people who have ALTs. =(

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

This change was good for me -I was at rank 90 and had about +110 laurels and more than enough badges.

I’m already tricked out in ascended accessories and even have the Endless Cat Tonic, so my laurels were only accumulating.

With leagues coming in a few weeks I bought about 40 ranks to get Applied Fortitude.

Yes laurels are time-gated but I still have about 70 left over incase new items are released.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

I think it’s a good thing that PvE players (or less dedicated WvW players) can catch up with WvW players on the applied fortitude and guard leech buffs. Definitely not enough other roamers out there have these buffs, and having the buff advantage makes the little fights so much facerollingly easier than they should be.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The big thing for me was that before ranks were introduced, I was pretty invested in WvW. I ran a lot with Titan Alliance on HoD last year and along that came a ton of kills and bags. Took a long break then came back a few months after ranks. I like to try and justify to myself that it’s OK to ‘buy’ ranks as a way of retroactively being rewarded.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is stupid, just go and buy your experience. So even Wxp no there is not much point bragging about your level… But 1 month ago you nerfed crafting for experience.

I never thought I would say this as well, but unless you have something bigger than leagues planned for WvW don’t expect me to still be playing your game in 3 months.

Where are all the traps you promised?

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

This change was good for me -I was at rank 90 and had about +110 laurels and more than enough badges.

I’m already tricked out in ascended accessories and even have the Endless Cat Tonic, so my laurels were only accumulating.

With leagues coming in a few weeks I bought about 40 ranks to get Applied Fortitude.

Yes laurels are time-gated but I still have about 70 left over incase new items are released.

Good for you because you are investing in ONE toon, people with a lot of ALTs that want to play with all of them is left behind.

If I was interested in playing only one characters the old system was fine, but this is not the case for me and for many others who want to play more then one char.

I know people with Rank 300+, ask them if they have interest in playing their ALTs with rank 31. LMAO

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Just another massive, “meh, I don’t give a $&@#.” addition.

So silly players who want to burn their laurels on WxP have a means to? Yeah, that’s a just another stupid addition.

The problem is it doesn’t matter, no one cares, and anyone who uses these will quickly realize it’s stupid. Add something meaningful dev’s. This stuff is pathetic.

But hey if ya want the game mode to be unattractive to both veterans and new players your doing a marvelous job. Keep up the abysmal lack of effort.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Good for you because you are investing in ONE toon, people with a lot of ALTs that want to play with all of them is left behind.

If I was interested in playing only one characters the old system was fine, but this is not the case for me and for many others who want to play more then one char.

I know people with Rank 300+, ask them if they have interest in playing their ALTs with rank 31. LMAO

I have 6 out of 8 professions leveled and geared to full exo + some asc primarily for WvW (and btw I’ve spent quite a bit of bozos doing so). Main is geared to the fullest ofc with 1 leggy and asc weapons/trinkets.
Before advent of WEXP I was happy camper enjoying full range of experiences. Now I play main character mostly. And tbh I feel a bit like I was cheated.

LOOOOOOOLAnyone else: PLAY PVE TO WIN?!

This argument though should go away since you can do dailies on WvW/sPvP.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

This argument though should go away since you can do dailies on WvW/sPvP.

in fact, sPvP is by far the fastest way to get your daily laurel. rarely takes more than 20 minutes.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

It was implemented to help alts. Ends up just making it easier for people who don’t have alts to increase wvwxp…

8 alts = 40 ascended accessories, and a hell of a lot of laurels. Mr 1characteronly only has to get 5 and has plenty of laurels left over to spend on even more wxp…

Blind really…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Do you actually get the chest associated with the level or JUST the level?

in WvW

Yaro.3251

It was implemented to help alts.

No it’s not. It still has single, very limited source. Laurels income is not multiplied by number of alts. Neither is liquid WEXP. We still have single pool of resources to spend across all characters. Guess what – as long as there are useful masteries to have, all of this pool will be spent on main.

(edited by Yaro.3251)