5 man seeking upper tier not to quit GW2

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Bottom line:
Your groups run guardians to try to win. It’s not skill. It’s a matter of abusing broken classes to win.

It’s ok. Everyone does it.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Not sure how well your roaming tier worked out in T8 before the new matchup system, but if it was going well:

Maybe you could recreate your small-man tier in T1.. I believe their matchup has been the same for a very long time despite the match randomization (i believe there is quite a gap between #3 and #4 making it harder for the RNG to make a matchup that’s not #1 vs #2 vs #3). Of course if the reports of constant zerging are true (no idea!) then that may be a problem.

Anyway, if you insist on 5v5 fights, then you’re gonna have a hard time finding good ones as you can really only compete with other organized 5-mans — it’s practically impossible for a pug 5-man to beat an organized 5 man simply because of the organized 5-man’s ability to spike using voice comms — so your fun potential is really limited. I’m afraid this game may not be for you.

in WvW

Posted by: elitegamerz.4965

elitegamerz.4965

Im going to go ahead and suggest FA in what was formally tier 2 before the wvw match up system changed. We have a strong, dedicated wvw community, were always looking for more people and we LOVE to fight. Our primetime at 6:00 est to about 11:00 est can get a little zergish but theres always a map without the zergs to roam on. We have seen and fought some of the best guilds wvw has to offer. I think it could be a great place for you guys. We always seem to have TC or DB in our match up and those servers have some pretty good small scale roaming guilds to fight. (They also might be servers for you to look into)

in WvW

Posted by: bmabrey.7859

bmabrey.7859

kitten MMO’s

But wait, didn’t they give you guys arena’s to play in, not good enough?

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Bottom line:
Your groups run guardians to try to win. It’s not skill. It’s a matter of abusing broken classes to win.

If everyone does it then no one gains an advantage of having a guardian. You aren’t too smart, are you?

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

It’s tough to find fights tbh, mostly its just our 5 man(or small man3-4) getting zerged or fighting 15 or so, id be interested to know a server thats more into the 5 man scene as well.

We ran an 8man on DAoC classic for a long long time(all 3 realms but mostly Alb) and were looking for something similar with this game.

And no we dont want to capture points, wtf wants to spend their time standing on points?

There are some small team players out there still, Corp seem pretty good when we have encountered them.

Im a bit worried tho that the 5man is moving more and more towards bunkers and stacking Guardians for massive boon uptime.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Bottom line:

If everyone does it then no one gains an advantage of having a guardian. You aren’t too smart, are you?

You gain the advantage of having a guardian and rolling pugs/5mans that don’t run them and pretending it’s skill.

It’s ok..I resort to insults when I’m proven wrong, too.

in WvW

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Reposting this from your other thread on the same subject.

I can see the differences between wvw and private server fights for sure, but if you’re genuinely about 5v5 vs other skilled groups, the private server idea is solid despite those differences. Easy way to get people who want to fight together, and you can adjust the settings so that it’s effectively TDM. For example, just change the respawn timer to 2 minutes, making 5v5 the only way to win, and keeping dead people out of that 5v5 for a long time. 2 minutes could even be too long, you can get to a lot of places on a wvw map much faster than that.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Your 5man killed me when I was solo. Why you so zergy, bro? Solo roam or go home.

Server rank won’t matter… your argument runs perpendicular to the game you’re attempting your ideals within.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

You have already made multiple threads about the same subject. Give it up this game isn’t DAOC there will never be roaming gank groups the zones are too small.

Pretty much this. You are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. As someone mentioned earlier, to get a pure 5v5 fight your best bet would be PvP. The good news, since you say you want good competitive fights, is that PvP will give you much tougher fights than casuals wearing PvE gear in WvW.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

You’re probably better off asking in the PvP section, if any other guilds are interested in WvW as a platform for your fights, and organise compatible servers from there.

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Can’t see why sPvP is just brushed away. If you want small-scale team based fights, it’s never been easier since custom arenas…

1) Pool up gold between the 5 of you
2) Buy gems
3) Get yourselves a custom arena
4) Set it to 5v5, put up a password, and invite like-minded teams to fight you in there, ignoring the caps
5) If you ever get more people, you can push it up to 10v10
6) Only downside, you’ll need to feed it gems regularly to keep it up

You get to choose the map, you get to choose the opposition, you get to set the numbers, you get as many rematches as you want without the need for anyone to respawn, you get every class/rune/sigil if you fancy a change…

Seriously, if you don’t care about the keeps/camps/points, and your favoured scale is 10v10 or less, you’re pretty much the perfect match for custom arena pvp.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

1. sPvP is not the same as WvW. The possible stats are not similar.
2. PAXA has already said they’re not interested in sPvP/tPvP
3. Stay away from Tier 1. While the match up is incredibly stable, I have yet to get a 1v1 or 3v3 or 5v5 fight without 15 more people adding in out of nowhere (from both sides).

I don’t have suggestions which servers to go to for exactly what you want. Does it go against the grain to get more players for larger group play? You can still do 5v5 if you want but having more players means you could do a 10v10 gvg.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

S/Tpvp is as broken if not more broken then WvW, idk why people live in this fantasy world of structured pvp being balanced.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

in WvW

Mammoth.1975

Nonetheless, if all they really want is 5v5 deathmatches vs skilled, prepared, and equally geared opposition with no outside interference, private server matches with long respawn timers are the only guaranteed way to get it. Since that’s what they say they’re looking for, that’s why it’s being suggested.

Also has the upside of a whole lot less downtime. Instead of waiting weeks or transferring to fight someone who isn’t in your current matchup, you just fight them. Anytime you have a team and someone wants to fight, you’re good to go. No running around maps dodging zergs and killing bads, wondering if you’ll get a decent fight.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Can’t see why sPvP is just brushed away. If you want small-scale team based fights, it’s never been easier since custom arenas…

1) Pool up gold between the 5 of you
2) Buy gems
3) Get yourselves a custom arena
4) Set it to 5v5, put up a password, and invite like-minded teams to fight you in there, ignoring the caps
5) If you ever get more people, you can push it up to 10v10
6) Only downside, you’ll need to feed it gems regularly to keep it up

You get to choose the map, you get to choose the opposition, you get to set the numbers, you get as many rematches as you want without the need for anyone to respawn, you get every class/rune/sigil if you fancy a change…

Seriously, if you don’t care about the keeps/camps/points, and your favoured scale is 10v10 or less, you’re pretty much the perfect match for custom arena pvp.

While I hear what you’re saying, 2 things we don’t pve, as my brain dies after about 2 minutes. And the second is this game is NOT worth spending any RL money on as its never getting better as shown in the 10 exhibits by Anet of “catapult” mastery and “door mastery”. This game is just neglected so skill is leaving.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Because it’s all secretly a ploy to make threads like this, instigate conversations like these, and in between the fights that they do get by whacking the nest thusly, they like the fact that they do this sort of fighting in WvW because they get to gank and back-clap about it. It’s evident in the things they’ve posted in match-up threads for months.

sPvP is in fact too fair for this lot.

Troll all u want to man don’t even know who you are. Fact is we’re kitten ed off we spent a year playing a non-developing game.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Mammoth.1975

I’m pretty sure you can manage 10 gold each.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Because it’s all secretly a ploy to make threads like this, instigate conversations like these, and in between the fights that they do get by whacking the nest thusly, they like the fact that they do this sort of fighting in WvW because they get to gank and back-clap about it. It’s evident in the things they’ve posted in match-up threads for months.

sPvP is in fact too fair for this lot.

Troll all u want to man don’t even know who you are. Fact is we’re kitten ed off we spent a year playing a non-developing game.

YOU KNOW WHO I AM

but it is sad that there arent more roaming groups in the game, even Ive tried to put one together several times, but people are usually A) uninterested B) they leave too soon after creation or C) they suck

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Truthfully, might not be the answer you want, but aside from quitting your only real answer NA-side is: T8 servers. Less people = less zergs, and the zergs that we do get can be moved around as their is usually only 1-2 beyond reset night.

Like Belle said T1 is not for you…I had an alt account on BG and now have one on JQ, and while I do not play a ton, I have yet to see hardly any small scale fights.

The Euro server idea sounds like it may be an option, but I would be wary…Not sure just how much the “meta” can really be that different, but it may…The problem is that you have just about as many people saying “euro” as you do people saying “t1”, so obviously no one can be trusted…. lol

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Moving our 5 man as a last effort not to quit the game. Name some places where small mans fight small mans daily. We understand the 80 mans are around, dont care well avoid them. We dont want to zerg bust, we want other small mans to legit fight. Ones that dont add to 10 when they lose? Do those exist? Please advise.

You’re not going to find what you want here man. The game mechanics just don’t give enough support for 5 man groups to realistically function in WvW. Anytime you do run into a 5 man group it is more serendipity than design.

You have 3 options essentially. You can either give up on the 5 man only rule and just take fights as they come. Give up on the free roaming and only do organized 5v5s behind the windmill. Or give up on the game and go play something else.

GW2 doesn’t offer anything that conforms to your specifications. There is no glorious Emain 2.0 waiting to be found on another server. No undiscovered country. The vast majority of people who sought what you’re seeking either quit or found other ways to have fun ages ago.

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Moving our 5 man as a last effort not to quit the game. Name some places where small mans fight small mans daily. We understand the 80 mans are around, dont care well avoid them. We dont want to zerg bust, we want other small mans to legit fight. Ones that dont add to 10 when they lose? Do those exist? Please advise.

You’re not going to find what you want here man. The game mechanics just don’t give enough support for 5 man groups to realistically function in WvW. Anytime you do run into a 5 man group it is more serendipity than design.

You have 3 options essentially. You can either give up on the 5 man only rule and just take fights as they come. Give up on the free roaming and only do organized 5v5s behind the windmill. Or give up on the game and go play something else.

GW2 doesn’t offer anything that conforms to your specifications. There is no glorious Emain 2.0 waiting to be found on another server. No undiscovered country. The vast majority of people who sought what you’re seeking either quit or found other ways to have fun ages ago.

Yea you pretty much nailed it buddy. Unchained couldn’t come soon enough.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Our guild has played tpvp, played T1, and fought PAXA/KoM/BS/Oink in 5v5 random roaming in wvw in T8 and there is no comparing how much more fun the 5v5 in t8 was compared to all the rest so please stop telling PAXA to try spvp its no where close. But even before Anet put in random matchups and ruined our system it still wasn’t perfect because we needed more small mans then we had.

Rezz[Invi]

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

“havoc/roaming” in T1 is 15 min, 20 preferred..

organized 5v5s would be nice, new GvG category to break into.

To the person who said spvp is more broken than wvw… 100 points to you.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Yea you pretty much nailed it buddy. Unchained couldn’t come soon enough.

I have 500 reasons that say it shouldn’t come too soon though. Heh.

I’d say roll to Dragonbrand, great community and it’s position in rank makes for extremely diverse matchups!!

The amount of people in this who are blatantly not reading the OP and just advertising their own servers is hilarious.

(edited by Attic.1562)

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

I’d say roll to Dragonbrand, great community and it’s position in rank makes for extremely diverse matchups!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Is this really only a day old? LOL, try SoS if you are looking to make an impact with a small Ops group. We’re a stable T3 server and we need 5 man groups like yours in any timeslot (well Oceanic is pretty stable, but they wouldn’t turn away any help either).

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Chris I know you probably didn’t read this thread because of length, but as we hve said we’re an old school group. Not really interested in the meta or “helping the cause”. More interested in quality of fighting. Fighting human beings not quality of the seige.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Virtute.8251

In related news, I hear that Anvil Rock is in need of bodies. You could be counter-culture against their counter-culture. It would be so meta!

in WvW

Mammoth.1975

please stop telling PAXA to try spvp its no where close.

Why is that?

in WvW

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Tpvp has way lower stat cap, no food, bunker based objectives and most the team fights are 3v3 or 4v4. Also the re-spawn timer is to short and the maps are to small.

WvW 5v5 fights are fast paced and action packed.

Rezz[Invi]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

I play this game like its left 4 dead 2 survival mode now. Grab a couple buddies and go fight the zombie horde, see how long you can last.

As long as maps stay the way they are you’ll never get reliable 5v5 stuff. There’s nowhere to fight that isn’t 10 feet away from a keep or tower, so even when you do encounter another small and the fight lasts more than 1 minute, one side is going to get adds.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Honest suggestion: Play a different game until ANet adds Guild v. Guild. No need to be cynical about the whole thing. GvG will come with or shortly after guild halls, and it’ll be tied to influence/merit progression, gems (tickets), or both. I’d bet on it. Best to be patient and at peace with reality.

I play this game like its left 4 dead 2 survival mode now. Grab a couple buddies and go fight the zombie horde, see how long you can last.

WvW as intended. See also: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Have you tried tPvP?

tPvP isn’t fun because enemy actually is real team. tPvP against randoms could be fun.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Sarsbear.3469

Honest suggestion: Play a different game until ANet adds Guild v. Guild. No need to be cynical about the whole thing. GvG will come with or shortly after guild halls, and it’ll be tied to influence/merit progression, gems (tickets), or both. I’d bet on it. Best to be patient and at peace with reality.

WvW as intended is try to avoid PvP at all costs. Fighting an enemy is the worst thing you can do with your time when you’re trying to get the most points.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

WvW as intended is try to avoid PvP at all costs. Fighting an enemy is the worst thing you can do with your time when you’re trying to get the most points.

Haha!

They have our garrison! Let’s let them keep it. It is a silly place. We will attack theirs instead, and I promise that they will not fight us for it. I promise.

in WvW

Sarsbear.3469

Haha!

They have our garrison! Let’s let them keep it. It is a silly place. We will attack theirs instead, and I promise that they will not fight us for it. I promise.

You’ve confused PvP with defending/attacking. Sitting in a keep on a cannon is not PvP.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Haha!

You’ve confused PvP with defending/attacking. Sitting in a keep on a cannon is not PvP.

You’ve confused the strategies of defending and attacking inside the WvW PvP zone with the tactic of utilizing specific available weapons during same.

in WvW

Sarsbear.3469

Haha!

You’ve confused the strategies of defending and attacking inside the WvW PvP zone with the tactic of utilizing specific available weapons during same.

Attacking another player gives you no points at the end of the week, taking and holding objectives does. The most efficient way to take objectives is when there is no resistance at the objective you want to take. The game rewards you for avoiding PvP. That’s why the zerg exists, to be unstoppable in the face of any opposition. That’s why match-ups are decided by population.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Yet, when the location is defended or we are intercepted en route, we are rewarded more so: both tangibly (so far as database records can be) and intangibly.

in WvW

Mammoth.1975

Tpvp has way lower stat cap, no food, bunker based objectives and most the team fights are 3v3 or 4v4. Also the re-spawn timer is to short and the maps are to small.

WvW 5v5 fights are fast paced and action packed.

So, as I said, private server, change respawn time to 2 minutes, it becomes a 5v5 team death match. Lower stat cap makes no difference because the relative stats stay the same. Sure health is lower and healing is lower, but so is damage.

We all know the unvoiced objection is the real one.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

PAXA huh? I remember you guys recruiting player to tier 8 for small scale combat. I am very surprised to hear that you cannot find it down there. Tbh I don’t think what you are looking for is available in GW2 at all.

The only way for a 5v5 fight is if you challenge another guild to a 5v5 fight.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

You could try tPvP.

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Haha!

Buddy, I don’t think you get what the man is saying. Sitting on AC’s, cannons, catas, trebs ect…. Is what 8 year olds could do. “here honey, try this… Just click on the red guy, and press these 3 buttons”. Isn’t hard, isn’t challenging, but it supposedly makes you feel “epic”???? Dude were talking maximum character output…. Using a characters abilities to the max in a fight against other people. Fighting over objectives is just push pull push pull whoever has more people wins the fight. Open field by good players on either side can go either way when skill is par. It’s all about clutch moments. Utilizing your “available weapons at the time” is what 8 year olds could do. We open fielders all know we could jump up on seige and do what you do… Easily. We push ourselves past the 8 year old limit and strive for more challenge. Problem is 99% of the games population isn’t any good at what we do.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

If your like doing small man roaming join me on ioj lots of small man action at all times of day. Also the zergs in t6 aren’t very big either thevaverage size is around 20-35 people.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Haha!

Buddy, I don’t think you get what the man is saying. Sitting on AC’s, cannons, catas, trebs ect…. Is what 8 year olds could do. “here honey, try this… Just click on the red guy, and press these 3 buttons”. Isn’t hard, isn’t challenging, but it supposedly makes you feel “epic”???? Dude were talking maximum character output…. Using a characters abilities to the max in a fight against other people. Fighting over objectives is just push pull push pull whoever has more people wins the fight. Open field by good players on either side can go either way when skill is par. It’s all about clutch moments. Utilizing your “available weapons at the time” is what 8 year olds could do. We open fielders all know we could jump up on seige and do what you do… Easily. We push ourselves past the 8 year old limit and strive for more challenge. Problem is 99% of the games population isn’t any good at what we do.

..or maybe isn’t interested ? People have bought into the game for what it has offered. You are trying to reinvent the wheel. This isn’t Daoc…and even daoc, the hardcore 8 man groups had to fight bigger groups. Sure you could try and arrange an 8v8 fight in a remote area, because it didn’t happen very often naturally because you would always have adds.

I call bullkitten that your crew actually wants a challenge. If you did, you would create a pvp map with as much open space as possible…and ignore capture points.Then send out the challenge. There would be no adds onto the fight…each group would know what they are there for so they would have complimentary classes to support what they want to do…complimentary builds for each other and would have some type of plan or strategy. Both groups would be on a voice com. No one would have any advantage when it comes to equipment. Who cares about food. Since both groups could have it in WvW what does it matter if both can’t have it in pvp. Both cases it’s equal. It’s just an excuse.

It would be as pure and clean of 5v5 that you could ever want. The winners would win because of skill alone. Isn’t that the goal ? Isn’t that challenging enough ?…or does your group base their success on beating a 9 man group headed to a keep to defend. Two of the 9 are uplevels….most of them have magic find on their gear and none are actually grouped or communicating. You pummel them so that proves your 5 man rocks ? That was challenging ?

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Mammoth.1975

I call bullkitten that your crew actually wants a challenge. If you did, you would create a pvp map with as much open space as possible…and ignore capture points.

You don’t even need to ignore them. If you change the respawn timer to 2 minutes, the only way to win is by keeping your 5 together and killing the enemy team. If your enemy splits to cap and defend points, you kill them piecemeal and take all the points while they’re waiting to respawn.

This doesn’t work in tournament play because the respawn timer is 20 seconds. By the time you kill a guy and move to the next point, he’s back. That’s why splitting, rotating, and bunkering are key in regular games, you actually have to control the map, because a kill doesn’t buy you 2 minutes worth of 4v5.

I would only use foefire and forest maps to make doubly sure.

Otherwise, your post sounds pretty accurate to me.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

WvW is not made for isolated fights with exact# players versus exact# players unless it’s scheduled before-hand like GvG.

…so if a TDM sPvP server is out of the question then why are you still playing this game?

(edited by NornBearPig.9814)

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Haha!

..or maybe isn’t interested ? People have bought into the game for what it has offered. You are trying to reinvent the wheel. This isn’t Daoc…and even daoc, the hardcore 8 man groups had to fight bigger groups. Sure you could try and arrange an 8v8 fight in a remote area, because it didn’t happen very often naturally because you would always have adds.

I call bullkitten that your crew actually wants a challenge. If you did, you would create a pvp map with as much open space as possible…and ignore capture points.Then send out the challenge. There would be no adds onto the fight…each group would know what they are there for so they would have complimentary classes to support what they want to do…complimentary builds for each other and would have some type of plan or strategy. Both groups would be on a voice com. No one would have any advantage when it comes to equipment. Who cares about food. Since both groups could have it in WvW what does it matter if both can’t have it in pvp. Both cases it’s equal. It’s just an excuse.

It would be as pure and clean of 5v5 that you could ever want. The winners would win because of skill alone. Isn’t that the goal ? Isn’t that challenging enough ?…or does your group base their success on beating a 9 man group headed to a keep to defend. Two of the 9 are uplevels….most of them have magic find on their gear and none are actually grouped or communicating. You pummel them so that proves your 5 man rocks ? That was challenging ?

I give everyone who doesn’t know who we are the benefit of the doubt naturally. We did do that hoss. Before matchups became random, we set up a tier and invited a bunch of 5 mans down into tier 8. Real 5 mans, teams only running 5. In 2 weeks of promotion…. TWO only we had 4 teams xfer from diff servers, and had 3 already down there. The bottom two tiers never were moving due to population so it was perfect. For 3 weeks we roamed and there were legit 5 mans all with your “same purpose” in mind, hunting the other 5 mans. IT WAS THE BEST 3 WEEKS IN A YEAR. There are a couple guys on this thread that were apart of it. We had 4-5 other 5 mans interested in our 5 man tier and then Anet comes out with the glorious idea: “were randomizing matchups”. THE END. 5 man tier blew up, now there’s lucky to have 1 per server. So we did do what your “great” advice offered months ago buddy. It’s not our first rodeo. Anet once again killer of all skilled intention.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Just transferred to JQ and I’m creating a 5man roaming group with a friend. We feel your pain, the let down that GW2 pvp is compared to it’s superior predecessor. We played real GvG not the nonsense that people masquerade as GvG in this game. We played Random Arenas for our 4man random fix, and Team Arena for our organized 4v4s.

GW2 is vastly different but it doesn’t mean we won’t get what we want. What I think a lot of others in this thread are failing to understand is it took many months/few years for GW1 pvp to reach it’s climax and I’m sure GW2 will have it’s time.

Meanwhile, I’ll be organizing my 5man and moving forward. We have our team comp down and now we’re just filling the roles with bodies.

It’s out there, just have to look. Last night (first night on JQ/transfer), we came across a 5man SoR group using a spike build. I have faith there is still a flourishing interest in the 5v5s and I doubt ANET is totally unaware of this. I think at this point it’s not what to implement it’s just a matter of how and when. GL to you guys wherever you go.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was