50%+ of HP gone in one shot? Intended?

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

unfortunately, 95.353200% of statistics are made up on the spot. you could actually be great pvp’rs – but it’s been a while since you went head to head with hard core players – less the fluff. my condolences to your bragging rights.

Unfortunately, 95.353200% of statistics are made up on the spot. You could actually be great pvp’rs – but it’s been a while since you went head to head with hard core players – less the fluff. My condolences to your bragging rights.

I don’t brag. But more importantly, your statement can be used universally. Everyone has fluff.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

our new players learn quick or quit – so it’s pretty clean cut down here. You either have the courage to face the odds or you leave. so once again…..no. It’s good not to brag, especially when there’s nothing to brag about.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

blob vs blob aka 50 vs 100 is just skill lag and thats it.. Its all luck at that point haha the bigger blob will win

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yep, I remember those days – it was horrible …..we’ve been getting it again recently though when all the servers meet up in one area – but still not as bad as when we were more populated. how can you even call that a game when you can’t cast ?

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

our new players learn quick or quit – so it’s pretty clean cut down here. You either have the courage to face the odds or you leave. so once again…..no.

So do ours. If new players refuse to act when they need to, they either leave on their own, or they get yelled at lol. Odds are odds.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Ricky, I’m glad you find pride in what you do. Though you would be wrong in your estimation’s of T1’s being mindless. You’d also be wrong in your bravado of getting T1’s to rage quit. You speak as it we’ve never been outnumbered before, which you’d be absolutely wrong. I’m certain Obsidian coming from SoR can attest to how often T1’s go outnumbered. We all map hop often too!

The only difference is that the achievement’s brought in PvE player’s that has jammed up WvW the past week. It’ll pass and it’ll be business as usual soon.

For the original topic, yes it’s designed to be this way. Though I disagree on the paper aspects of the game and turnover rate. I’d much rather have longer fights because the longer they are, the more skill is required to win.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yes, exactly another reason I don’t find t1 fun….It’s a game. our server is way more fun and still have their hardcore qualities – we promote thinkers.

You just confirmed the claim I made about t1 being mindless. – Do as you are told or you will be screamed at .

In our server – try it ..let’s see if it works … and if it does….it becomes part of a new strategy. You are free to be yourself and play as you want on lower tier servers so there is more teamwork with people who learned by getting facerolled lol – but didn’t quit.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

and yes, back to the original topic – the lower tier servers find new and innovative ways to cause lots of pain very fast because we need you out the way asap. we don’t have the luxury of having teams alll over the maps in excess.

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

yes, exactly another reason I don’t find t1 fun….It’s a game. our server is way more fun and still have their hardcore qualities – we promote thinkers.

You just confirmed the claim I made about t1 being mindless. – Do as you are told or you will be screamed at .

In our server – try it ..let’s see if it works … and if it does….it becomes part of a new strategy. You are free to be yourself and play as you want on lower tier servers so there is more teamwork with people who learned by getting facerolled lol – but didn’t quit.

Lol, nice try, but you’re putting words in my mouth. I said they they act when they need to. Everyone gets a chance to prove themselves. That being said, there are certain ways to go about it.

For one thing, zerging simply requires a high degree of teamwork. Running around doing your own thing in a zerg = lose. Everyone knows that. The fact that you don’t have enough people to field large zergs isn’t evidence of courage, it’s just evidence of demographics.

For another, playing for points requires you to maintain a certain PPT on your off hours and on hours in order to win. If people don’t work together as a team to accomplish this they lose. You act like following a commander’s orders makes you a sheep or something. There are good and bad commanders on any server. You suck it up to follow a bad one because you care about your server and you can’t afford chaos in the ranks. You follow the good ones out of pure respect. Sorry to say this to you, but you’re dead wrong if you think everyone in T1 can just act independently of one another and still win. /rollseyes

Now if you’re talking about straight-up brawls where no one cares about PPT, that’s an entirely different ballgame. I actually prefer that over this PPT crap because coverage wouldn’t be an issue. But it’s not like that, is it.

It’s nice you have more intimate fights on your tier. I envy you I really do. But don’t badmouth another server just because you think the way you play is superior to everyone else’s.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Ricky.4706

my issue with the t1 servers is they threw the balance off from the whole game – then go on to compare that to being top notch pvp’rs. I’m not badmouthing another server….I’m jumping on your whole leagues case lol

You also said – "For one thing, zerging simply requires a high degree of teamwork. "

Following the bouncing blue ball and hitting the same target is a high degree of teamwork ?

I will be nice because you were polite in your discussion.

I wish you nothing but the best – but the wvw matches are lopsided because everyone ran to t1 – this isn’t “your” fault – but I’m not prepared to accept explanations about how that is sophisticated and makes t1 players the best pvp’rs. So politeness and all, I have to draw a line.

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

I’m still seeing over half my characters’ HP lost in single shots from thieves and some warriors. It doesn’t matter if I load on toughness, or not. I really can’t believe WvW was designed to be this bad on purpose?

Only 50% hp. They must be bad.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

Meh, I never said our way is the best, only that yours isn’t either necessarily. It’s not T1 server’s fault that guilds migrated towards us, it’s ANet’s fault for setting up the rules in such a way where coverage becomes the #1 determinant factor of PPT. That’s a no-brainer.

Oh and simply following the dorito around only wins you fights when you have a clear advantage in numbers. I’ve seen plenty of 20-man zergs beat 20-30, or even 50, -man zergs due to superior tactics. It’s actually quite normal. It’s a common misconception zergs just Forrest Gump their way around the map.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Ricky.4706

@Obsidian – the point of our debate and my stance is you considering t1 the best pvp servers. When in reality it’s simply the server with the most wvw’rs. You guys are more of a Heavy weight division, but that doesn’t make you the best fighter in the feather weight division. we are out of each others league, but it does not give you the right to think we bronze servers don’t understand the logistics of war and don’t understand wvw. You may have a best in your league, but that doesn’t make you the best in the game. – ahem.

also, I’m not addressing “you” personally, you actually seem like a nice person and I would probably enjoy watching you work, I’m addressing the consensus view that I believe is flawed …..for arguments sake, we are representing our leagues view. Our league doesn’t like yours primarily because you left us empty and threw the game off balance for a win, you killed a potentially well balanced fun filled game for the rest for the needs of a few – there are more unbalanced matches than there are balanced because some people can’t take the heat.

the bad karma is the idea that you emptied our servers to fill yours. ( Again, not “you”, but the sum of everyones actions who had no loyalty to their servers, had no patience to train their brothers and would have rather trampled them…understand the RPG value of this too ? – those who left had no regard for loyalty….those in t1 that were loyal to their servers are tarnished by associating with them. )

those bandwagoners would have to be transferred to their own server then put in a 3 way so all those loyal to their servers can punish them – for not having loyalty and for tarnishing your name. But that won’t happen…so we are back to point 1. T1 is just heavyweight….but not the best.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I’ve been one-hit and two-hit by thieves, even running PVT gear. It sucks, but I guess that’s what 500+ gold nets you when you buy legendaries and the like.

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

Ricky

I never said T1 servers are the best pvper’s, my stance was simply that lower tier servers aren’t better simply because they have a lower population…which is something you seemed to imply. :/ I have no idea who is better, that’s something only a GvG style match can decide.

But really, as soon as everyone realized coverage was the single largest factor in determining PPT, and therefore the #1 spot, the migration to the top tier servers was a foregone conclusion. I would have been ecstatic to remain a mid-tier server(in terms of population) if it meant we could still vie for the #1 spot, but we can’t. No one can. The inertia of ANet’s scoring system made this lopsidedness an inevitability.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

@Ricky, T1 sets the tactical meta that lower tier servers eventually use. This is due to T1 being more even with population, making it more competitive than lower tiers. In this way T1 WvW guilds are better because they know and exercise the map tactics first. Note I don’t say best, as there is currently no way to measure that metric.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Ricky.4706

again, i’m speaking in general, i’ve seen comments about not knowing what we are talking about simply because we use different techniques. So while you seem to be very reasonable, the turncoats you harbor think anyone who doesn’t run a cookie cutter build has no idea what they are talking about.

If all t1’rs thought like you, I wouldn’t have much to say, but unfortunately they don’t.

what’s done, is done, and history has been written – this could have been fixed long ago but that is no longer an option and we now have anet looking for ways to bring reconciliation to this issue.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

i hit a ele with a 17k killshot once on my cof running war. makes it worth being rallybait to occasionally one shot people.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Damage is too high in small scale, but when brain dead melee train come damage is too low.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

this thread delivers

two uneducated comments and suddenly its a who’s server is better at everything size competition.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Oh and simply following the dorito around only wins you fights when you have a clear advantage in numbers. I’ve seen plenty of 20-man zergs beat 20-30, or even 50, -man zergs due to superior tactics. It’s actually quite normal. It’s a common misconception zergs just Forrest Gump their way around the map.

Nope, it isn’t. Playing 80+ on a spot, no matter if 20 vs 60 or 40 vs 40 is just hitting 1 (and maybe 2) and hoping you’ll hit as much as you can. No matter how “good” or “bad” the dorito is – the only teamwork necessary is usally not to form a line from your home base to the enemy spawnpoint.

Really, there are no tactics in a 40+ zerg. There is no real teamwork. If a 20 player guildteam destroys a 30-solo(!)-player-zerg it’s maybe teamwork, but usually it’s more knowing the strengths of each other, meaning: not having the risk of 10 persons running away from the fight because a dolly crosses and they still need it for their daily or some other PvE-BS or 15 people interrupting anything they do, because they want to show off with their new bought finishing move.

(edited by illo.5106)

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

@Obsidian – the point of our debate and my stance is you considering t1 the best pvp servers. When in reality it’s simply the server with the most wvw’rs. You guys are more of a Heavy weight division, but that doesn’t make you the best fighter in the feather weight division. we are out of each others league, but it does not give you the right to think we bronze servers don’t understand the logistics of war and don’t understand wvw. You may have a best in your league, but that doesn’t make you the best in the game. – ahem.

also, I’m not addressing “you” personally, you actually seem like a nice person and I would probably enjoy watching you work, I’m addressing the consensus view that I believe is flawed …..for arguments sake, we are representing our leagues view. Our league doesn’t like yours primarily because you left us empty and threw the game off balance for a win, you killed a potentially well balanced fun filled game for the rest for the needs of a few – there are more unbalanced matches than there are balanced because some people can’t take the heat.

the bad karma is the idea that you emptied our servers to fill yours. ( Again, not “you”, but the sum of everyones actions who had no loyalty to their servers, had no patience to train their brothers and would have rather trampled them…understand the RPG value of this too ? – those who left had no regard for loyalty….those in t1 that were loyal to their servers are tarnished by associating with them. )

those bandwagoners would have to be transferred to their own server then put in a 3 way so all those loyal to their servers can punish them – for not having loyalty and for tarnishing your name. But that won’t happen…so we are back to point 1. T1 is just heavyweight….but not the best.

I would like to point out that MOST of the guilds who xfered to t1 servers do for the fights instead of an easy win. They get bored of doing PvD for weeks on end with no one to fight.
You really can’t blame them for moving as they prolly would of quit the game out of boredom.

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This was a good thread till people started talking about tiers…I was learning about other classes’ strengths and weaknesses.

Can we go back to talking about classes?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

with all respects …that just made no sense.

The t1 servers have only 2 opponents their size, everything under them is the t1 vs pv door roflstomp. so you are saying the bandwagoners got bored of being stomped and that’s why they left ? they needed to be player vs door vs everyone else except 2 servers ? and even then you guys claim you can stomp jq and upset that they have easy weeks ? I do read the forums you know.