9/11 Blacktide vs Desolation vs Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

LOL sup with Vizuna at EB? its primetime, i doubt they dont have queues….

EB is only PUGs on Vizunah, sometime it’s enough, sometime not.

Those War Legend puggies, at least their side admits it as well.

Hey mate,

Alright you might be one of the finnest guild out there, but still no need to free taunt. It was the first time we ran into you, so we will try to work on something to be able to counter your optimized Lawn mower tactic!
Looking forward to meet you again IG!

cheers

No pun intended – That post I quoted was just the ideal fit occasion. Please forgive me.
—-
Like the Germans from Elona/RS and others before I think ppl overestimate the optimisation in our tactics, builds and gear. It’s far from being even close to balanced at all.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Argadem.6135

Argadem.6135

good luck on Blacktide RUIN…hopefully you will get some “challenge” that you want so much there

Argadem
Guardian – Gunnar’s Hold [IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Desiderius.7259

Desiderius.7259

Americans hiding behind russian forces… Some kind of historical irony.
(or maybe IRONy)

Best wishes to our french friends on Vizunah Square.

Guardian / Ele / Thief / Mesmer
E Q U I N O X [EqnX] – Elona Reach [DE]

(edited by Desiderius.7259)

in WvW

Posted by: Todza.9856

Todza.9856

I’m also sure that Deso and VS will have a better vision of what Blacktide can bring to the battle…

After seeing this, I have a pretty good idea of what Blacktide can bring to battle You don’t know the meaning of the word “Overkill” do you

Attachments:

Aspenox // Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

There IS NO SUCH THING as an overkill!

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Duress.8065

Duress.8065

Americans hiding behind russian forces… Some kind of historical irony.
(or maybe IRONy)

You realise IRON aren’t the American guild right and are still on Desolation?

When RUIN first joined Deso I thought they were tired of queues and wanted some challenge, the first time they’re likely to get a challenge in the night from Blacktide they jump ship. Oh well lets try and pick up the pieces.

Crumpet Trumpet
[IRON] Desolation

in WvW

Todza.9856

There IS NO SUCH THING as an overkill!

As you can see I learned that the hard way

Aspenox // Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Desiderius.7259

Desiderius.7259

I know. You didnt RUIN desolation.

Guardian / Ele / Thief / Mesmer
E Q U I N O X [EqnX] – Elona Reach [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

Don’t know yet if it’s true, but if indeed they jumped to black tide they managed a feat that will not soon be forgotten : raise my contempt for them, which was pretty high to begin with !

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Dont tell me RUIN jumped to another server??

They said they were taking a break for 1 week……..wtf???
If they did jumped any comfirmation wich server?
I heard alot of Blacktide but also back to NA servers…wich is it….if this is all true

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

Why the heck would they go to Blacktide? What’s the point of switching to a server that’s already dominating the top tier?

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Todza.9856

There is no official announcement from RUIN about this, on the contrary most of them are telling that there is no such a thing, no need to jump to conclusions

Aspenox // Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

well hats off to iron.
when the going gets tough they did not get going.
(as in jumping ship)

yeah i killed a few ruin last night with the bt tag.so i cannot say for sure if the leaders have jumped ship as well,but there was a lot of ruin on bt last night.

We will build our server back up and it will take time,i just hope the ppl on des never trust outside help again.

in WvW

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

Well .. Last night I encountered a group of 5-8 RUIN people(Rest ran away couse of VS group inbound to the right =p ) which 1 even had a commander tag on ..

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

If people have indeed been left in the lurch by Ruin and are staying on Deso. Then Iron are recruiting.

http://www.ironguild.eu/

As for Blacktide, very impressive tactics, skills and I am enjoying fighting you guys. We are struggling against the sheer number of large organised guilds you have whilst trying to take fortified keeps. If we manage to wipe one another strong guild appears.

Vizunah have definately improved this week in terms of tactics and numbers. You guys definately deserve 2nd spot.

Unfortunately Deso has taken a number of blows during this match up and our turn out has been non existent at times. As everyone knows Ruin have hardly been playing and with them recruiting large numbers of our player base since joining this has exacerbated the problem we are facing now.

Anyway what fighting I have managed this week has been tough but fun. Thankyou.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

Well simply put at least EU players will be able to get into Desolation Borderlands now during our prime time. And mapchat in LA has improved 100% in the past week no-one demanding everyone go to WvW, stay up all night to help out – alternated with how US players are saving us all and are oh so much better than everyone else, no-one asking for funds.. not to mention the bad feeling towards Desolation they created by their attitude – if RUIN are gone forever great! A US guild should never have been allowed to hop on an already full EU server in the first place – or what is the point of having regions. at all

in WvW

Posted by: Soulcheg.5048

Soulcheg.5048

Anyone playing on VS BL? People, fighting there, need sum luv in dah air too :>

in WvW

Posted by: Moagrim.3987

Moagrim.3987

Well, that certainly is a surprise considering that yesterday EU evening time Ruin was still playing on Desolation server in the Blacktide borderland.

Ah well, I would imagine that they (Ruin) will eventually make somekind of official statement on what the situation is.

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

I didn’t expect IRON to also run with ‘the stack’ strategy like many others. I think you limit the potential you have as a guild group by utilizing these things – there’s only so much you can do in regards to strategy when you are all standing in one place.

RUIN is a bit of a joke, but I don’t think anyone is remotely surprised by that fact. They will simply refer to the fact that they are “just trolling”, I am sure.

Major props to Fëar Morniëo [FM] and [MORT] for running guild groups and playing against the odds.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Argadem.6135

Argadem.6135

RUIN is going to BT…i asked one of their members and that is what he said…@Intigo you can’t really do anything else cuz so many guilds in all servers are actually doing the turtle tactic…and we are also outnumbered almost full time…so we are looking for the best way to counter them but with the amount of people actually playing WvW in Deso this week…there isn’t alot we can do
We are ofc looking for new strategies

Argadem
Guardian – Gunnar’s Hold [IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

We just start building up again:) ….. we did it before.

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: Attila the Hun.8569

Attila the Hun.8569

Well in my eye jumping server does not make you more skilled , becouse they will die on the new server the way as they died on original server

Woxiko (Warrior) – Mssneaky (Mesemer) – Xardd (Elementalist)
Desolation Satsugai

in WvW

Posted by: Thurin.5610

Thurin.5610

Let’s all go BT like those Transfer2Win guilds on BT, could be seriously fun.
Then we all do this boring/easywin turtle tactic in the middle of SM, may the best turtle win

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

Ruin leader approached us about transferring to Blacktide before this matchup started. We discussed and rejected their offer, informing them about it. As we didn’t want them on Blacktide before, we don’t want them on Blacktide now.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to stop them transferring anyway, short of boycotting WvW on a server-scale until they leave.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

@Intigo you can’t really do anything else cuz so many guilds in all servers are actually doing the turtle tactic…and we are also outnumbered almost full time…so we are looking for the best way to counter them but with the amount of people actually playing WvW in Deso this week…there isn’t alot we can do
We are ofc looking for new strategies

The best counter to the turtle/stack strategy isn’t to do it yourself, but rather to think about ways of exploiting the weaknesses it has. I think a lot of guilds have simply adapted it thinking “hey, those guys beat us with it, we should do it too” when the better way to think of it is “hey, what could we have done differently when engaging that stack?” Just because a lot of other people use it does not mean it’s the best way to handle things – especially not when outnumbered.

I say this simply because I enjoy mixing things up and I think a few people get bogged down trying to perfect ‘the stack’ when it’s really limited in potential.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who keeps coming out in WvW and giving us great fights. Anyone who runs a guild group and tries to mix things up with their approach are awesome – MORT’s little siege stack was very neat the other day.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

And this is why anet needs to start charging for Transfers.
des has lost a lot of players because of ruin.

I’m not talking about ruin guild,i’m talking about them stealing what players we had before they trashed talked our server give us bad rep,and now left.

The only reason there not all on bt atm is because there finding hard to Transfer when that server is full.

Arh well good riddance we will come back stronger than ever.
also the ones that jumped ship as well,plz do not come back when we start to get back on our feet.

in WvW

Posted by: Okamy.8235

Okamy.8235

[RUIN] going to Blacktide ? So pathetic, as they’ve been used to be since three weeks.

Anyways, i want to say that Blacktide is a very valuable opponent. We met some [RG] bus on EB yesterday, and they were very impressive. Stability on everyone, might on everyone, act as a single person, no one spread out of the bus, very impressive.
They don’t rush more than necessary, they are able to retreat and come back fast for killing the remaining people without any danger.

My only hope is that [RUIN] will not ruin the reputation of Blacktide as they did with Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

I didn’t expect IRON to also run with ‘the stack’ strategy like many others. I think you limit the potential you have as a guild group by utilizing these things – there’s only so much you can do in regards to strategy when you are all standing in one place

With the numbers being what they are right now in Desolation, it’s impossible to split anything. There is nothing you can do strategically if every time you try to take a point you get hit by a zerg twice or thrice your size; and this is the reality of this matchup outside of a few hours during prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: Aysnvaust.7046

Aysnvaust.7046

RUIN leaving Deso to go- where..?
If this is true, and mostlikely it is, RUIN is the new definition of WTJ.
The most ridiculous guild ever.
Here on Elona we are laughing our kittens off, believe me.
Good that we are a german tagged server, we will never face the problem to have to deal with cheap troops like this one.

Poke Menot
Asura Thief
Elona Reach

in WvW

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

I’m surprised you guys did not see this before. RUIN is actually being/playing very smart… i mean, its the meta-game strategy right? Transfer to a fully 24h coverage server? BT figured this out sometime ago.

Once you start inviting people in mass scale to your server to have more numbers and coverage in WvWvW there is no stopping, there is not a point where you can say “ok guys we’ve enough please stop transfering, we already zerged everything in T1”.

Its not really against the rules for RUIN to transfer to BT, its actually the ultimatum strategy really. They either win.. by joining the winning side. Or they make BT’s “original guilds” (if there is any, except Xaoc?) to boycott WvWvW making BT lose matches and drop in tiers, and then they’re free to transfer somewhere else since they did what they wanted, which is to “beat” BT

in WvW

Posted by: GorgeousDave.9608

GorgeousDave.9608

^ summarised perfectly. I agree, long term it’d be amazing if those points were fixed or ‘refined’ but might as well just have fun and enjoy it for what it is now.

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

All of Blacktide should come to Deso :P

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

Ah nvm………

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

(edited by Ianervan.3415)

in WvW

Scribbles.7493

It’s kind of lame and shows a lack of respect to guilds and a lack of sportsmanship in general.

Meh, whatever. In the end, the Ruin folks are just making fools of themselves.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

It’s kind of lame and shows a lack of respect to guilds and a lack of sportsmanship in general.

Meh, whatever. In the end, the Ruin folks are just making fools of themselves.

And this is why, way back again to the topic that “points” for the “ranking” system should take into account how many people were fighting from both servers at the objective/map. So yes, PvDoors would be worth much lesser points, but this would encourage “main” top guilds with a good level of organization to stay in their home servers and fight from there.. since they wouldn’t simple get “nightcapped” seeing all their efforts drown. Then we would probably be seeing a much healthier WvWvW all around.

Instead, the system makes the guilds to get annoyed by seeing all their efforts vanished in WvWvW during off times, making them simple go ahead and look for a server where some other people can cover their off time. Creating stacked servers with 24h coverage AND imbalances.

I was told i had to “l2p” WvWvW and go to a fully packed server. I simple opted to do as few as i can, and focus in tPvP and have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Pretty pathetic really them coming over, just means we’ll have stupid queue times on the weekend and now XAOC will be really bored if everythings capped by the time they log in lol

A little shout out to MORT, you guys are fun to fight and usually online when i’m leading, think we’re about even on fights but they usually last a while so gj guys keep it up

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Cunnart.6519

Cunnart.6519

It is every BT’s responsibility to dissuade trash talk on the forms. So even if ruin come here, and god I hope the don’t, it will be our responsibility as a server to let them know that type of action is not approved by or condoned by the rest of us. The few times I have seen trash talk by BT members was either in defense of themselves or when there was already a prior history, although I don’t even care to see that go on.

ThUn-Black Tide EU
An american abroad.

in WvW

Posted by: Zorlak.7926

Zorlak.7926

I don’t mind them transferring, means I get to kill them. Woo \o/

Zorlak – Warrior [JuG] Desolation EU

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

Alright, now that we’re the only superserver in EU, what are we supposed to do? Spawn camp others?

This might actually be fun. Each day we’re going to have fully upgraded forts and tons of siege engines.

Might as well create a new profession that’s best at defending forts and tagging. I suppose that’s engineer.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

I don’t mind them transferring, means I get to kill them. Woo \o/

Mean Zorlak is mean.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Please, tell me that they didn’t really transfer to BT and it’s just a stupid joke…

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

I have no clue whether Ruin transferring is true or not, and obviously I won’t be particularly happy if this turns out to be true.
However: might I point out that 2/3 of current BT WvW guilds transferred too? There’s a bit of double standards going on here…

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

The difference is the majority of guilds transferred here to strengthen the server, not whilst we were winning. The first week CIR, THUN etc came over we lost that tier to Deso. The next week afew more came over and we stayed in T2 for another week with Elona taking a huge victory. After that week RG etc joined to strengthen us, again we had just lost that tier fight.

Once RG and afew others came over that’s when we steam rolled T2 and moved into T1 and now we’re here. So i’d hardly say it’s anything like RUIN jumping servers to get on the winning bandwagon.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

The difference is the majority of guilds transferred here to strengthen the server, not whilst we were winning. The first week CIR, THUN etc came over we lost that tier to Deso. The next week afew more came over and we stayed in T2 for another week with Elona taking a huge victory. After that week RG etc joined to strengthen us, again we had just lost that tier fight.

Once RG and afew others came over that’s when we steam rolled T2 and moved into T1 and now we’re here. So i’d hardly say it’s anything like RUIN jumping servers to get on the winning bandwagon

All true, however you really cannot say you chose BT because it was weak. On the
contrary, you chose it because you knew it had a strong russian presence providing excellent off peak coverage. And this is regarding the guilds originating from GH. The latest batch from FS knew even better how strong the server already was.

Also, the first loss to Deso was in not small part due to a 60k advantage we got during the weekend before the GH group had transferred.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

in WvW

Scribbles.7493

I have no clue whether Ruin transferring is true or not, and obviously I won’t be particularly happy if this turns out to be true.
However: might I point out that 2/3 of current BT WvW guilds transferred too? There’s a bit of double standards going on here…

Oh boy, here we go.

There’s a difference between transfering to a server with potential (eg. RUIN transfering to Desolation) and strengthening that server to help it become successful, and between transfering to a server that’s already dominating and doesn’t need the help.

Project Blacktide was started to be able to compete with Desolation. It’s kind of bizarre that the people that were constantly encouraging us to become competitive with Desolation quickly jumped ship and started trolling the competition when they realized they were going to lose.

Server transfering isn’t a problem in and by itself. It’s the reasoning behind it that can be a problem.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: Freohr.7905

Freohr.7905

This thread is delightful. I mean, I feel for you guys to an extent, but surely you can’t have been so naive to think that you could take t1 by storm without becoming a bandwagon server? RUIN’s just the start, Blacktide will be permanently full from here on out until someone else rises up to crush you under their iron fist and the cycle will begin anew.

Thank ArenaNet and free transfers.

If having a bigger blob means victory then you will blob.
Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

There’s nothing wrong with transferring. Transfer is a must for any competitive player or a guild in a current state of WvW.

You have two options: you either bandwagon few servers like many did in the beginning when GW2 was released (that’s why some servers were Full and some Medium, instead of even distrubution of players and guilds) – or – after that initial bandwagoning you have to reorganize and transfer. Just because you did the bandwagoning first doesn’t mean you didn’t do it. Do you think all French WvW guilds equally went on each of French servers? No. Neither did Desolation players.

As for the difference between other BT guilds and RUIN.. well honestly speaking many joined when BT was in tier3 or lower. And most of those who joined when BT was tier2 were rather logical transfers (Russians..). Neither of these guilds was hopping from top server to top server and left as soon as there was a sign of competition. RUIN on the other hand goes all the way to EU, joins none other than top eng speaking WvW guild (they could choose Deso or FS), and as soon as first competition comes up, jump the boat (supposedly). But the major difference is in personality. Guilds that switched to BT talk respectfully on the forum, much like Xaoc and other old guilds did in the past (it was really noticable compared to some other servers). RUIN on the other hand is.. if nothing else controversial. Some of the posts of their members were pretty horrible, but it could just be down to big numbers the guild has. Even then, I’m pretty sure we’re going to have BT threads repeatedly locked down.

Honestly, I’m pretty sure if some other NA guild decided to move to Blacktide right now, even with our #1 status, many on BT would either not mind or greet the newcomers.

If RUIN is indeed moving over I hope they act respectfully towards others, especially enemies. No insulting French on national basis and stuff like that, and none of the glory tales.

in WvW

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

Not to mention the fact that afaik, the other guilds were welcomed and invited by the server, while RUIN (if indeed they’re transferring — I know I saw Archaos here :[) is transferring despite the server saying no. There’s a difference between jumping on a winning server, and helping to build it up.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I think the point is that while Blacktide has nothing against guilds transfering, we consider ourselves strong enough now to handle pretty much near anything and we’re not particularly impressed by the attitude RUIN has show.
I wouldn’t know about skill since I’ve never fought them.

On top of that, coming to a server which already politely said “No thank you” anyways is a bit…… Yeah. Generally a good way to alienate the community (though we’ve already seen that they don’t really care about that)

We accept that guilds transfer and we can’t stop them, but from the impression i have from the guild and WvW leaders, we won’t be inviting anyone anymore, or accepting people reaching out to us to transfer to our server.

Edit: As everybody else says.
Also to the person saying “Blacktide will be permanently full” We already are, with WvW queues

in WvW

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Actually Genev, you can stop them I think if you organize the efforts.

Just make sure enough people stays online during the EU night time so they cant transfer. I think the game only autologs your character if you are afk in a WvW/sPvP situation. I think you can stay logged on in LA for an extended period of time. :P

But anyways, RUIN transfering for more easy wins isnt a suprise to me if it happens.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.