A Solution to GvG

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

A Solution to GvG
Hello. I’ve thought up of some simple ideas that could be implemented very easily that I believe would be an effective temporary solution for the GvG community.

There would have to be the creation of a new borderlands map. This map would be a relatively large flat piece of land where the guilds could meet up and carry out their battles. The immediate downside to this is that other players could join the map and do as they please but hopefully the community would be respectful towards the guilds.

In the future of GvG, there would be a dedicated instance map that uses PvE stats. The guild leaders could choose 20 from their roster and add it to a queue. They could then challenge another guild and if that guild accepts at the time they would be ported to a new map. This map would be a simple rounded coliseum with a flat arena base. There would be a mode that would alert players who would wish to watch the GvG, they could sit in the coliseums stands and observe from a safe distance. This could also be incorporated to the game because players could then watch their favorite guilds duke it out in the arena. Basically, I think this is a solution that would allow the game to grow and to help out its community base.

Tl;dr
Create a new boardelands – flat map where guilds can duel
Future – create a roman coliseum where guilds can fight and there could be spectators.

Anyway, I thought that this was a great idea and I wanted to share it with the community. Thanks for your time!

What a Churlundalo

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Back in my day we had these things called Guild Halls. You kids have it rough these days. Our guild was able to meet up at a common guild only location that provided vendors of all natures and skill trainers. Boy did it cost a pretty penny to set up but once you had oh dear oh my was it nice. Great place to just AFK or sit and chat to fellow guild members. It was also used to hold these great battles between guilds called Guild Wars. Oh wait I got it wrong it was referred to as Guild Versus Guild.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

(edited by Professor Sensei.2941)

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

There are 15312 great ideas about GvG including yours. I dont know what Anet is trying to do.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

How to fix the orbs:

Remove stat bonuses from them. Double the point bonus on stomp to compensate.
Grant WXP for capturing nodes and successfully gaining the buff; 100 and 400 respectively.

There. Fixed.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

There are 15312 great ideas about GvG including yours. I dont know what Anet is trying to do.

if you’ve taken a look at the hype videos that have come out for wildstar, it’s kinda obvious what NCSoft is trying to do.

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Brother, they do NOT want gvgs. End of story. I think you need to come to this realization. They put all their eggs into the pvp basket and adjustments to facilitate gvgs are tantamount to admitting pvp is a lame duck (which it is).

Some good suggestions, but you’re wasting your time is all.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

Brother, they do NOT want gvgs. End of story. I think you need to come to this realization. They put all their eggs into the pvp basket and adjustments to facilitate gvgs are tantamount to admitting pvp is a lame duck (which it is).

Some good suggestions, but you’re wasting your time is all.

I mainly do roaming in WvW. I was just offering an idea I thought of to maybe help the GvG scene

What a Churlundalo

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

It needs a whole team dedicated to fulfill this.

Post this on Suggestion thread please, bump it as much as possible. Just not here. This is WvW and dev has clearly mentioned we shouldn’t taint it with GvG matters.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

sadly i dont think we’ll get anything gvg related till this games dead and most everyone has moved on, or just not at all

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

You honestly believe they will add a map after everything? Carver himself said he couldn’t care about GvG. He nailed the kitten down with the orbs and I honestly have no faith in him coming up to rally the community.

Team Aggression [TA]

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The problem with gvg is players vs players of 15 to 20 in size duking it out. This simply could be fixed with an in game spvp zone where players can use their gear, not spvp like, and can be done by being brought in tp; so this way anet gets to earn some cash too.

It’s a win win.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Sandman.4192

Sandman.4192

What i find stupid about this is, the game is called GUILD WARS!! So this means GvG is a big factor then !!!!
So if this is not the main/big factor of this game they need to change the name then.

[SLAY] The Soul Slayers!! FSP EU
Prepare To Die!! Never Stop Fighting!!

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Crafted food that removes the stat buff for the duration of the food timer. Players can click on their competitors, see the “unbuff” food icon and GvG. Crafters make money from selling the food, players can equalize the playing field at will, it’s win-win.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Actually there is already a GVG in guildwars 2. However, the thing is, spvp and tpvp does not allow more than 10 players to fight each other.

It will not be easy to make a format where 10 ppl fight each other, but if everyone is willing to adapt to such a change, gvg will continue despite the blood lust buffs.

Else, it will be a open field fighting with the random thought of having or not having stat buffs in wvw bls.

I’d like gvgs to be 15v15 or 20v20, but I think 10v10 isn’t bad too.

You can also rotate the players involved if there are those who haven’t tried fighting. And there wil be no one to bother ya

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

The problem with gvg is players vs players of 15 to 20 in size duking it out. This simply could be fixed with an in game spvp zone where players can use their gear, not spvp like, and can be done by being brought in tp; so this way anet gets to earn some cash too.

It’s a win win.

^ This

i know lots of people have a passion for gvg in this game, but until there is a gvg instance a la guild wars 1 these people are just going to have to deal with the changes to the maps.
using the wvw maps for gvg was always a case of bashing square pegs into round holes anyway.
hopefully anet can put something in place to cater for this type of gameplay.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Staying strictly OT, I think we can all agree that Anet have indeed found a solution to GvG

Lurch
Gandara

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The solution is to play GvG in Spvp just set it up with ppl.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

doing this in spvp is a joke, you have even less build diversity with the way gear is handled and some sigils for example aren’t even available in spvp. not to mention you can’t fit 40 people into a match.

regardless, being moved to ingame events in 3…2…1…

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

(edited by Darius Glazkov.9750)

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Jski.6180

doing this in spvp is a joke, you have even less build diversity with the way gear is handled and some sigils for example aren’t even available in spvp. not to mention you can’t fit 40 people into a match.

Because its made to be balanced a great deal more then what you find in WvW and in a way WvW is made to not be balanced so… If your saying you need to have these more unfair builds in your GvG to win that ok but that IS what your saying. The more ppl the more lag and then it becomes more about your teams pc power or web condition. Also if it was a pure numbers then you should be asking for more ppl allowed into Spvp for the set up matches it IS the most simple and easily to be asking for when it comes to making GvG a real thing. WvW is more about the World your from not the guild your in all be it important that they know your guild your still from that world.

(edited by Jski.6180)

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Space.8053

but do you not agree that a separate arena is the best option for all involved?

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

The only thing that SPVP does not offer are the following:

Not more than 10 per team.
No ascended gear.
No food.
No animals.
No disturbances.
And if you have 40 ppl wanting to play, can’t you have team 1 team 2 team 3 of guild X versus team 1 team 2 team 3 of guild Y?

Why must it be in WVW since we can’t gvg at this moment? Where we can actually do a GVG in SPVP?

Is it because it must be 15 v 15 or 20v20?

Maybe if we do make this sort of thing popular, it will catch on.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Lurch.9517

Because its made to be balanced a great deal more then what you find in WvW and in a way WvW is made to not be balanced so… If your saying you need to have these more unfair builds in your GvG to win that ok but that IS what your saying. The more ppl the more lag and then it becomes more about your teams pc power or web condition.

If builds are available to all then I fail to see the unfair aspect? Greater numbers mean more diversity of builds and group composition become viable.

Lurch
Gandara

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

No offense but asking for stuff that never been here is just a waste of time in any Game.

This game doesn’t have this faceroll gvg feature and never had ….

i suggest you to move on to other games that has what you want.

Blackgate

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Space.8053

No offense but asking for stuff that never been here is just a waste of time in any Game.

This game doesn’t have this faceroll gvg feature and never had ….

i suggest you to move on to other games that has what you want.

GW1 reform? It’s on!

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/baaa-lf-gvgsc-players-t10525170.html

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Jski.6180

Because its made to be balanced a great deal more then what you find in WvW and in a way WvW is made to not be balanced so… If your saying you need to have these more unfair builds in your GvG to win that ok but that IS what your saying. The more ppl the more lag and then it becomes more about your teams pc power or web condition.

If builds are available to all then I fail to see the unfair aspect? Greater numbers mean more diversity of builds and group composition become viable.

That why they are not in Spvp runes sig and armor combos because they are not balanced as the others are. Take Spvp knights gears it is nothing like the one you see out side of Spvp its a high vit item in Spvp where out side of it its a high T item. There is a reason for that its a balancing factor.

The only thing that SPVP does not offer are the following:

Not more than 10 per team.
No ascended gear.
No food.
No animals.
No disturbances.
And if you have 40 ppl wanting to play, can’t you have team 1 team 2 team 3 of guild X versus team 1 team 2 team 3 of guild Y?

Why must it be in WVW since we can’t gvg at this moment? Where we can actually do a GVG in SPVP?

Is it because it must be 15 v 15 or 20v20?

Maybe if we do make this sort of thing popular, it will catch on.

Thoughts are all good reason why it should be in Spvp.

The only bad thing is numbers and to fix that you ASK for more ppl in Spvp that you make and not go arone asking for an entire new part of the game. You must work with the things you have that IS what ppl did for the old GvG in WvW they worked with what they hard but Anet added in other ways to GvG with out effecting there world and not being taped into only being able to GvG vs ppl who are fighting you in WvW.

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Back in my day we had these things called Guild Halls. You kids have it rough these days. Our guild was able to meet up at a common guild only location that provided vendors of all natures and skill trainers. Boy did it cost a pretty penny to set up but once you had oh dear oh my was it nice. Great place to just AFK or sit and chat to fellow guild members. It was also used to hold these great battles between guilds called Guild Wars. Oh wait I got it wrong it was referred to as Guild Versus Guild.

I remember it.
It also wasn’t these zerg fights that people call GvG today.

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

What i find stupid about this is, the game is called GUILD WARS!! So this means GvG is a big factor then !!!!
So if this is not the main/big factor of this game they need to change the name then.

Its probably debatable how “Guild Wars” got it’s name but fact is there were three huge wars in history of Tyria between Ascalon, Kryta and Orr, all waged through organized groups of people known as guilds. These wars were named simply “Guild wars”. So the name itself might have something to do with these wars not the game mechanic itself. Though I have to agree, GvG was the unique trademark of the original Guild Wars.

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

I like my idea better:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Combat-based-objective-ie-GvG-integration/2804419

It integrates GvG style combat into the fabric of WvW, rather than fencing it off into what is essentially an entirely seperate game mode.

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

A separate map or arena without the buff would certainly solve the gvg problem. But anet in its infinite wisdom seems unable to accomplish this. Even if it did I would not want the buff in wvw, it’s just too much power.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

A Solution to GvG
Hello. I’ve thought up of some simple ideas that could be implemented very easily that I believe would be an effective temporary solution for the GvG community.

There would have to be the creation of a new borderlands map. This map would be a relatively large flat piece of land where the guilds could meet up and carry out their battles. The immediate downside to this is that other players could join the map and do as they please but hopefully the community would be respectful towards the guilds.

In the future of GvG, there would be a dedicated instance map that uses PvE stats. The guild leaders could choose 20 from their roster and add it to a queue. They could then challenge another guild and if that guild accepts at the time they would be ported to a new map. This map would be a simple rounded coliseum with a flat arena base. There would be a mode that would alert players who would wish to watch the GvG, they could sit in the coliseums stands and observe from a safe distance. This could also be incorporated to the game because players could then watch their favorite guilds duke it out in the arena. Basically, I think this is a solution that would allow the game to grow and to help out its community base.

Tl;dr
Create a new boardelands – flat map where guilds can duel
Future – create a roman coliseum where guilds can fight and there could be spectators.

Anyway, I thought that this was a great idea and I wanted to share it with the community. Thanks for your time!

I posted a similar suggestion pre-patch and i got very little support. Good luck to you, i think it is still a good idea but you need to realize that both communities in contention over how to address the GvG issue (Anet and the GvG player community) are bull-headed, unreasonable, and generally a pain to work with.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

A Solution to GvG

in WvW

Lurch.9517

editing 15 chars blah blah

Lurch
Gandara