A new week of the same exact problems

in WvW

Posted by: Addishuns.5249

Addishuns.5249

I have to deal with this every week. Can’t even get my map comp (known problem) because of this. The only two points we have are two camps, and only ONE of them is in our borderlands.

Transfers for wvw players isn’t the best idea but kitten what am i supposed to do? sit here and take this?

The best part is the catch 22, we start losing so people lose morale. Then we lose more and the circle repeats.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

yeah, this new matchup system is so great. now instead of occasionally getting spawn camped 24/7 and occasionally having decent fights, we always fight the same people and the map looks like this. Another fantastic job by anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Blame server vs. server. It doesn’t work.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Match-Making cannot help. It’s just that there are 4 T2 servers and only 3 fit T2.

Blame the 24/7-match duration (or the scoring-system that rewards off-time capping). I guess there are times of the day where you can compete, just in off-time you cannot (or you would not have that much score after reset).

Time-sliced matches would help you best of course. (see link in my signature)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

I feel your pain, it sucks to get stuck on a pve farm server, your just gonna have to transfer up/down the ladder to a server where the player base wants to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: the woodfist.6972

the woodfist.6972

Wow, I nearly transferred to SBI, looks like the wvw is more stale there than sf.

The Steel Ministry [SM]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Dont worry, once EoTM come out WvW will be irrelevant and probably removed anyway. Welcome to WvW 2.0 – its actually just instanced PvE champ train, but they enabled some PvP too to please PvP wait I mean WvW fans! Yay! Because Anet care about PvP err I mean WvW. That’s right.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

This is why I went to the bronze league lol

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Wow, I nearly transferred to SBI, looks like the wvw is more stale there than sf.

you’d probably be incredibly bored there. I cant see how they’re having much fun running around in their 80 man zergs 24/7 fighting a grand total of 15 of us who come out of our spawn only to get steamrolled while they spam /laugh because its such a huge victory when 80 kill 15. They’re probably still sore about us stomping them in the league though but they have ALOT more bandwagoners now than they did at that time, so we can’t put up the fight we did before.

in WvW

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

yeah got a friend into gw2 told him 2 check out wvw, boy did he regret it cause he logged in when we lost everything and would only run in circles to pvd then lose it again by the time the buffs lord down

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

you’d probably be incredibly bored there. I cant see how they’re having much fun running around in their 80 man zergs 24/7 fighting a grand total of 15 of us who come out of our spawn only to get steamrolled while they spam /laugh because its such a huge victory when 80 kill 15. They’re probably still sore about us stomping them in the league though but they have ALOT more bandwagoners now than they did at that time, so we can’t put up the fight we did before.

I reluctantly followed my guild to SBI because I wanted to get back to some meaningful WvW instead of getting stuck in deserted maps on DR. What I found each night when I got there was nothing other than hit/run tactics on towers and keeps even when we had a significant map population. No strategy for what we took, no defending at all, not even a search for fights even when we knew enemy groups were on the map. Just look for an undefended structure and try to cap it before a defending zerg showed up … and our opponents did exactly the same thing. There was no more skill, strategy, action, or excitement to it than doing one of the champ runs in Queensdale or Frostgorge. It is truly sad what WvW has devolved into.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I have to deal with this every week. Can’t even get my map comp (known problem) because of this. The only two points we have are two camps, and only ONE of them is in our borderlands.

Transfers for wvw players isn’t the best idea but kitten what am i supposed to do? sit here and take this?

The best part is the catch 22, we start losing so people lose morale. Then we lose more and the circle repeats.

thats a positive feedback loop, not a catch 22

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: TaCktiX.6729

TaCktiX.6729

As someone who’s been on SBI since launch, Nikkinella couldn’t be more wrong about us being bored. We’ve gotten more organized, and stronger in all timezones, especially EU and OCX where we used to be fairly weak. And yes, we are sore about you all hacking and somehow convincing the weaker 3rd server to 2v1 with you when it gained them nothing other than the reputation of being YB’s whipping boy. Enjoy the curbstomps until you leave our tier. It’s rather fun seeing your tears everywhere about it.

— TaCktiX
The Tough Love Critic (http://toughlovecritic.wordpress.com)
Tack Scylla, Tack, Morina Duathi

in WvW

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

As someone who’s been on SBI since launch, Nikkinella couldn’t be more wrong about us being bored. We’ve gotten more organized, and stronger in all timezones, especially EU and OCX where we used to be fairly weak. And yes, we are sore about you all hacking and somehow convincing the weaker 3rd server to 2v1 with you when it gained them nothing other than the reputation of being YB’s whipping boy. Enjoy the curbstomps until you leave our tier. It’s rather fun seeing your tears everywhere about it.

Im sorry but did we also double team you the first week out of season 1 when we beat you again. What about the 2nd week out of leagues when we placed higher then you yet again. The only difference from then to now is that you guys have continually recruited more guilds to your server. People flock to winning servers not to ones that actually need the people cause if they cared about even fights and balanced match ups they wouldn’t transfer to the already larger server

(edited by HippoLogic.2519)

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please keep this discussion constructive and friendly. Furthermore, please remember that matchup discussions or threads where inflammatory behaviour between server communites is taking place will be removed.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Match-Making cannot help. It’s just that there are 4 T2 servers and only 3 fit T2.

Wrong. There are 3 T2 servers and 3 T3 servers. However, one of the T3 servers is stuck in a tier 4 matchup (Dragonbrand). Until Dragonbrand gets enough rating to be paired up with SBI/Mag, Yak’s Bend (a tier 4 server) will have to endure fighting two Tier 3 servers. YB could help themselves by tanking their rating too.