AC Exploit

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

I then dont know how you build your siege, but it sounds like you guys are failing very hard in it.
We never had that issue before with our opponents that they could destroy it that easily.

This may help you dear:

Garrison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DT4wV8k-w
Hill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqNW-WyQ_s
Bay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weP_ulvdC08
SW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGJMPCmcwk
SE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0cxZwJlv0
NW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XmwQIiSKnM
NE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q-xh-u4TEQ

Could be you just haven’t encountered people using it this way.

We have.

playing against servers like sfr and fsp, trust me we have. We just never had this issue while they are trying to do it though. And i have been playing this game since day 1 lol.
After looking those videos, it only happens when you dont have anything inner or you have no scouts. It sounds more like holes in plans and organisation of people. Atleast you always have some guys yoloing and destroying it. Its easier to destroy it then build it lol.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

playing against servers like sfr and fsp, trust me we have. We just never had this issue while they are trying to do it though. And i have been playing this game since day 1 lol.

Me too dear.

I suspect you don’t do defense a lot, lol. Or you’d have seen this in action. Particularly with FSP.

Or you always have enough bodies to defend. We saw this being used when we had like 6 people max on map. And then their blob arrived.

(Hint; look at my sig line).

L’enfer, c’est les autres

AC Exploit

in WvW

snarfrificus.4230

Me too dear.

I suspect you don’t do defense a lot, lol. Or you’d have seen this. Particularly with FSP.

(Hint; look at my sig line).

lol i have been doing defense for quite some time, we just pay attention quite well.
Still dont see the issue of this AC thing, just having some awake scouts is enough to destroy/counter it.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

So 80 blob arrives, and you have three people in your keep. You spot it in time, and your guys are talented enough to destroy the ACs that are built (over and over again) vs 80 and then jump back into the keep?

Well kudos to you, lol.

AC Exploit

in WvW

snarfrificus.4230

Well if you have stance warriors its quite easy i mean invul for 15 secs is enough dmg to hold it, not just that in the time they build it 3 sup ac focus is enough to easily take down that siege while they focus your siege 1 by 1.
Well siege is more then just spam place it at one spot.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

if you are building some siege inner gate, and you have 20 guys attacking cata spot at hills, without contesting, they can destroy most of the siege before you see it… You d’ont always have 5 people to scout your keep…
You have to use your defensive ac as soon as the ennemy group arrive, if you loose 1min it’s too late…

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

So 80 blob arrives, and you have three people in your keep. You spot it in time, and your guys are talented enough to destroy the ACs that are built (over and over again) vs 80 and then jump back into the keep?

Well kudos to you, lol.

I’m with you on this one Jayne. I lived it more than once playing in the off hours on my server.

Sometimes we can pull off a epic save but there are times when the enemy herd is so huge and well coordinated that 2-3 ppl are just not enough to hold them off.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Just hope he means both ways. Cos if they are limiting from behind walls only .. well, lol. (Behind implies being inside a structure, not outside).

I think they mean both ways. I suspect the term “behind” is meant to refer strictly to the relationship between the AC and the target, i.e., any situation where the there is a wall between the AC and the target.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

An upcoming patch will contain changes to how line of sight is calculate for arrow carts. Some of the arrow cart skills ignored line of sight and the rest were too forgiving with their line of sight calculations. Both of these issues allowed players with modified cameras to shoot an arrow cart from behind walls to locations they shouldn’t have even been able to see, much less fire at. In the future arrow cart skills will use a special type of line of sight checking specifically designed to reduce this problem while still making the allowed target areas feel reasonable.

Thanks even though it years 3 years late, but who’s counting!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

An upcoming patch will contain changes to how line of sight is calculate for arrow carts. Some of the arrow cart skills ignored line of sight and the rest were too forgiving with their line of sight calculations. Both of these issues allowed players with modified cameras to shoot an arrow cart from behind walls to locations they shouldn’t have even been able to see, much less fire at. In the future arrow cart skills will use a special type of line of sight checking specifically designed to reduce this problem while still making the allowed target areas feel reasonable.

Ohh again with this been a problem for 3 years post.. Camera changes are not even a year old. Yes certain people have been doing it for years but it became a major issue when the camera changes came into play and everyone could now do it.

I’m looking forward to this change since being an outnumbered defender and recently these acs outside have done nothing but frustrate me.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Ohh again with this been a problem for 3 years post.. Camera changes are not even a year old. Yes certain people have been doing it for years but it became a major issue when the camera changes came into play and everyone could now do it.

The amount of players that could do it before and after the camera change is a moot point as players have complained about this issue way before the camera changes a year ago. None the less still a welcome fix while better late than not at all I guess.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Previous

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Just hope he means both ways. Cos if they are limiting from behind walls only .. well, lol. (Behind implies being inside a structure, not outside).

I think he means both ways. I suspect the term “behind” is meant to refer strictly to the relationship between the AC and the target, i.e., any situation where the there is a wall between the AC and the target.

This explanation is what I meant. I was using the word “behind” to refer to the target being on the opposite side of an obstacle. Sorry for the confusion as I could have been clearer originally.

Real Life Hero

(edited by Zachary Stiers.1879)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

HOORAY!

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wow, I was gonna type something about this thread and Anet has apparently beat me to the punch.

Interesting developments; thanks.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: darkwarder.3645

darkwarder.3645

The problem: If you place an AC (arrow cart) in the right spot and set your field of view (FOV) to max, you can hit all players and siege inside a tower or keep.

I’d never seen this until last night. We were trying to defend Durios but an AC outside the wall (Umber-side) was hitting the top of the supply and the stairs to the lord’s room. Couldn’t get anything built in time. It seems like in the lower tiers, we don’t see as many exploits.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Templar Ranger.6972

Templar Ranger.6972

The problem: If you place an AC (arrow cart) in the right spot and set your field of view (FOV) to max, you can hit all players and siege inside a tower or keep.

I’d never seen this until last night. We were trying to defend Durios but an AC outside the wall (Umber-side) was hitting the top of the supply and the stairs to the lord’s room. Couldn’t get anything built in time. It seems like in the lower tiers, we don’t see as many exploits.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

You haven’t seen Db. They use this method for any major attack (upgraded tower, keep).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Templar Ranger.6972

Templar Ranger.6972

First of all ty Zac for doing something to fix this, im in tier 1 , BG & I see this going on almost any more every day, by other 2 server’s. over time have done a whole lot of scouting. turned in a tickit W/ screenshots about 2 mouths ago to Anet, about this. so glad to see something being done.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

Niiiiice. Good to see this being fixed in the future

Attachment: Sacrified myself yesterday to get a nice Screenshot of another case (although it wasn’t really an outnumbered situation here)

Attachments:

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

<3 <3 <3

Can I hug you ? If you ever come to Norway I’ll buy you a beer!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Zachary Stiers, that migh be the best news that WvW players ever had in this 3years.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

If you think seeing over walls is bad, how about through walls from below the map. Just using in game settings, you can put your camera through a wall, and fire the AC below the geometry to hit impossible places, like the lords room at hills. I’m not going to put videos or screenshots, like some other idiots who just want hits on their you tube channel.

Oh, and WHEN is this patch coming? I remember you guys already tried fixing this. Didn’t work. Like so many other fiascos. You fixed iZerker to not hit through walls, over gates, or players on top of walls, but you still, still, I mean common, still haven’t fixed Dragon’s Tooth. Please.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Well if you have stance warriors its quite easy i mean invul for 15 secs is enough dmg to hold it, not just that in the time they build it 3 sup ac focus is enough to easily take down that siege while they focus your siege 1 by 1.
Well siege is more then just spam place it at one spot.

Invulnerable for 15 sec for DIRECT dmg, conditions and cc effects will pin u down in 10% of that invuln time vs a lot of people period. Now stop trying to troll man.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

Any release date for this patch ? Vizu is using this every time they attack our stuff… Really boring….

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

What about Dragon’s Tooth? That ability ignores line of sight, people use it to eliminate all siege inside using zoom hacks, and people have been doing this for years.

Please fix this too

Considering this is getting more dev attention than what Karl gives to his classes, it’d be nice to see these skills get the same treatment (since the programmer’s already here).

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Please consider nerfing all siege damage to players while you are at it. I think we can all understand siege v structure or siege v siege but the damage cannons, acs, ballistas, and mortars do to players is ruining good PvP and players ability to counter siege with skills. Especially consider nerfing the condis of these siege items like dat insane mortar burn and cannon chill.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Please consider nerfing all siege damage to players while you are at it. I think we can all understand siege v structure or siege v siege but the damage cannons, acs, ballistas, and mortars do to players is ruining good PvP and players ability to counter siege with skills. Especially consider nerfing the condis of these siege items like dat insane mortar burn and cannon chill.

Let me think when someone died to my sup AC the last time….
Never, I guess.
They might die if there’s 2 ACs though, but the times I’m with someone in a tower are really rare.
Solution to too many ACs – get either a balli and get them down (or an AC ‘til they will be nerfed) – if that isn’t possible, get a cata or treb and knock the walls down. You’ll still have the problem of too many ACs in the tower, so you ask a friendly mesmer to port you into the tower and destroy all acs you can find so the rest of your zerg can follow safely. If there’s no mesmer around tell your zerg to dodge twice to the stairs, empower, group aegis, kill the ACs.

Not saying ACs don’t do too much damage, although I really don’t think so, but you might be right, but there’s always the defending side and also ways around ACs.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Are you aware there is a bugs forum on these boards?

And you must know that we’re not getting any attention with this bug that makes scores less or more in a game of competition with thousands of players at any one time, right?

Apparently not.

We need help in WvW – deny it, please.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Niiiiice. Good to see this being fixed in the future

Attachment: Sacrified myself yesterday to get a nice Screenshot of another case (although it wasn’t really an outnumbered situation here)

Know what’s just as bad? Elevation accounted for, a ballista can’t hit many from keeps or towers. That’s just sad.

Siege is broken in many more areas than just arrow carts – all of it needs to be real world or showing magic enhancements (yeah right).

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Never, I guess.
They might die if there’s 2 ACs though, but the times I’m with someone in a tower are really rare.
Solution to too many ACs – get either a balli and get them down (or an AC ‘til they will be nerfed) – if that isn’t possible, get a cata or treb and knock the walls down. You’ll still have the problem of too many ACs in the tower, so you ask a friendly mesmer to port you into the tower and destroy all acs you can find so the rest of your zerg can follow safely. If there’s no mesmer around tell your zerg to dodge twice to the stairs, empower, group aegis, kill the ACs.

Not saying ACs don’t do too much damage, although I really don’t think so, but you might be right, but there’s always the defending side and also ways around ACs.

Were you around this game when the damage by ACs was buffed? Ever since then, ACs have been a big discourager of fights.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jana.6831

Were you around this game when the damage by ACs was buffed? Ever since then, ACs have been a big discourager of fights.

Do I need to know how subpar the damage of ACs was to judge how the now buffed damage of ACs is? I don’t think so. I know that one AC alone can’t kill anyone, I think even 2 usual ACs can’t kill anyone, but I’m not sure – 1 sup and one usual or 2 sup can kill, yes – but once upon a time we found our ways around it.

Edit: And like I said before: Always remember that there’s not only attackers but also defenders who are likely in the minority. So give them a chance to defend, golems made it hard enough.

(edited by Jana.6831)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Do I need to know how subpar the damage of ACs was to judge how the now buffed damage of ACs is? I don’t think so. I know that one AC alone can’t kill anyone, I think even 2 usual ACs can’t kill anyone, but I’m not sure – 1 sup and one usual or 2 sup can kill, yes – but once upon a time we found our ways around it.

Edit: And like I said before: Always remember that there’s not only attackers but also defenders who are likely in the minority. So give them a chance to defend, golems made it hard enough.

If you’ve never killed someone with a sup ac then you haven’t hopped on one while running a condi build. If you want to see something really funny run as a condi ranger and drop a sun spirit before jumping on.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jana.6831

If you’ve never killed someone with a sup ac then you haven’t hopped on one while running a condi build. If you want to see something really funny run as a condi ranger and drop a sun spirit before jumping on.

True, I noticed the damage was boosted when I was on my condi thief but that has indeed been a year ago, and back then we weren’t that sure about condi making a difference.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

True, I noticed the damage was boosted when I was on my condi thief but that has indeed been a year ago, and back then we weren’t that sure about condi making a difference.

They definitely do. Being able to add burning to siege is super broken, I’m pretty sure thieves can add venoms as well but I haven’t tried it.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Solution to too many ACs – get either a balli and get them down (or an AC ’til they will be nerfed)

too bad ballistas cannot hit 99% of arrowcarts

You’ll still have the problem of too many ACs in the tower, so you ask a friendly mesmer to port you into the tower and destroy all acs you can find so the rest of your zerg can follow safely

because we all know the almighty mesmers don’t take damage from arrowcarts, so they can travel through the fire of 6 superior arrowcarts and drop the portal

it’s all so easy for you “defender” guys… “arrowcarts are not a problem” they sure are not a problem if you are the one sitting on them… they become a problem when you are on the other side, tho…

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Solution to too many ACs – get either a balli and get them down (or an AC ’til they will be nerfed)

too bad ballistas cannot hit 99% of arrowcarts

You’ll still have the problem of too many ACs in the tower, so you ask a friendly mesmer to port you into the tower and destroy all acs you can find so the rest of your zerg can follow safely

because we all know the almighty mesmers don’t take damage from arrowcarts, so they can travel through the fire of 6 superior arrowcarts and drop the portal

it’s all so easy for you “defender” guys… “arrowcarts are not a problem” they sure are not a problem if you are the one sitting on them… they become a problem when you are on the other side, tho…

get a ele group and necros on that portal and aoe the walls, everything gets cleared, take portal back, be just shure to have a treb with cows or bali to cover that group.
Since AOE circle on ele is larger on some skill, it will cover the wall from the outside to the inside, will melt everything in there, even with some LoS trick u almost can cast towards the back of the wall in front of u and clean the siege(and players wuith a good aoe spike) that is built further on that wall.

<sorry about bad english^^>

But since all towers and castles were build in valleys “clever Anet” build siege on those hills and clear that wall, overall it is to easy to wipe walls, we got plenty of mechanics to make it easy, since it is a very casual game meant to not hold for that long.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jana.6831

get a ele group and necros on that portal and aoe the walls, everything gets cleared, take portal back, be just shure to have a treb with cows or bali to cover that group.
Since AOE circle on ele is larger on some skill, it will cover the wall from the outside to the inside, will melt everything in there, even with some LoS trick u almost can cast towards the back of the wall in front of u and clean the siege(and players wuith a good aoe spike) that is built further on that wall.

<sorry about bad english^^>

But since all towers and castles were build in valleys “clever Anet” build siege on those hills and clear that wall, overall it is to easy to wipe walls, we got plenty of mechanics to make it easy, since it is a very casual game meant to not hold for that long.

+1

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

World vs. World
Fixed a bug that allowed Superior Arrow Cart and Guild Arrow Cart skills to ignore line-of-sight checks.

to all the servers who were doing this like they were getting paid for it, sorry not sorry.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

hum, wait test to be sure…. I’m always able to use defensive siege from other side of the wall…. I think that it’s the same for offensive ac’s…. I didn’t test for offensive siege atm

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Never, I guess.

Actually think I have a video. There were actually two arrow carts but one got arrow carted down.

It was cascading failure. One guy got downed, people tried to rez, they got downed. Not that I am complaining, I was on said arrow cart. Kruegs actually was on the other. Will look for video when I get home.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: silver.1476

silver.1476

World vs. World
Fixed a bug that allowed Superior Arrow Cart and Guild Arrow Cart skills to ignore line-of-sight checks.

This was in todays patch notes, however, superior acs still have no restriction to los checks. Can fire over walls they shouldn’t be able to on both allied/enemy keeps and towers.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

yep, as I say I see no difference ingame

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

World vs. World

This was in todays patch notes, however, superior acs still have no restriction to los checks. Can fire over walls they shouldn’t be able to on both allied/enemy keeps and towers.

Is that only Superiors? If not, then I think the bug fix was for an exploit, not FoV camera targetting.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Previous

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

Next

The change I mentioned previously is multi-part. The change that makes all arrow carts use line-of-sight did indeed go out today, but the second part about the arrow cart line-of-sight checks being too forgiving was not part of today’s build. The changes to the way arrow cart line-of-sight is calculated is set for an upcoming patch.

Real Life Hero

AC Exploit

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Appropriate sig line.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Sich.7103

Thx ! I have little hope then
Any news about dragon tooth who allow to hit someone without LOS ?
Or about the possibility to place more than 5 siege on the same spot ? (see 20 guild cata last night).
Btw thx for your work on the AC’s, hope to see this patch soon.

It’s a real pleasure to see dev here !

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

They seem to be extremely too forgiving, as I kind of see no real difference with this patch, still inner cannon gets easily bombed by AC hugging outside wall https://youtu.be/-u-rILGY_wE

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

He said that their line of sight calculations are too forgiving. What they did today is that they use line of sight. In another patch, they’ll restrict that line of sight so it doesn’t fire at stuff that it shouldn’t be able to.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

AC Exploit

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The change I mentioned previously is multi-part. The change that makes all arrow carts use line-of-sight did indeed go out today, but the second part about the arrow cart line-of-sight checks being too forgiving was not part of today’s build. The changes to the way arrow cart line-of-sight is calculated is set for an upcoming patch.

Thanks for the update and help, many of us appreciate the effort.

Id like to ask about the other part of todays update, regarding killing players in spaces they are not allowed to be, does that include spawn sites because that would be doubly great.

And cant wait to get the rest of the ac update, please dont take to long

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<