AC needs nerf now

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Since WvW has become defensive after this patch it has become extremely boring. The Arrow Cart meta that has instantly formed over this new patch has pretty much ruined open field fighting and makes it nearly impossible to take keeps. You may say “adapt and figure it out” but the only way to take keeps now is by using trebs. Rams are useless because of the AC buff. Catas too.

All that needs to be done is either limit the AC fire to only work if the AC itself has clear Line of Sight , or make ACs do no damage to siege. They are arrows anyway and shouldn’t be doing heaps of damage that they are doing right now to siege equipment such as rams.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

… They are arrows anyway and shouldn’t be doing heaps of damage that they are doing right now to siege equipment such as rams.

By that logic then Rangers, Thieves, and Warriors should not be able to harm Rams when pew pewing them with their ranged weapons.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

… They are arrows anyway and shouldn’t be doing heaps of damage that they are doing right now to siege equipment such as rams.

By that logic then Rangers, Thieves, and Warriors should not be able to harm Rams when pew pewing them with their ranged weapons.

yay logic . thanks man

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I think they have to change the way ACs work. Obstacles should stop arrows. It is ridiculous that you can place ACs directly in front of a wall target the wall and hit targets behind the wall. ACs should work like other siege weapons launching projectiles: obstacles stop the projectiles.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

I think they have to change the way ACs work. Obstacles should stop arrows. It is ridiculous that you can place ACs directly in front of a wall target the wall and hit targets behind the wall. ACs should work like other siege weapons launching projectiles: obstacles stop the projectiles.

It’s called a trajectory.

It all depends on what trajectories anet allows. If you point an arrow straight up, then it will come straight back down.
So it is possible to hit something behind a wall even if the cart is on the other side. Just like a treb can be fired OVER a wall, so can arrows. Why people think a wall should block an projectile is beyond me.

See pic

Attachments:

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Nice explanation, Oro.
Gravity and physics. Math works!

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Belenwyn.8674

It all depends on what trajectories anet allows. If you point an arrow straight up, then it will come straight back down.
So it is possible to hit something behind a wall even if the cart is on the other side. Just like a treb can be fired OVER a wall, so can arrows. Why people think a wall should block an projectile is beyond me.

See pic

I know. But if you place the AC directly in front of the wall and aim to the wall. many trajectories should be blocked – especially targets far behind the wall should be unreachable.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Pic for those who can’t imagine the wall
(Paint FTW!)

Ofc you can shoot farther behind the wall if you have more power, but then you have to change the power and the trajectory, which is not in game yet. As mortar/cata/treb, you can only change the power (which will change the trajectory).

Attachments:

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Bubi.5237)

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Belenwyn.8674

(Paint FTW!)

Thanks Bubi. I wanted to post a similar picture.

As you can see the wall blocks all trajectories below 85°. Therefore only target on the wall or very close behind the wall are attackable. All targets far behind the wall are safe.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Is your monolith wall to scale? I can stand on one side of a wall and throw a ball over it to the other side.
However – you issue of an AC being set directly against the wall and targeting anything other than directly behind/on top of the wall is valid – it’s the ‘zoom hack’ that has still not been addressed.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Belenwyn.8674

Is your monolith wall to scale? I can stand on one side of a wall and throw a ball over it to the other side.
However – you issue of an AC being set directly against the wall and targeting anything other than directly behind/on top of the wall is valid – it’s the ‘zoom hack’ that has still not been addressed.

It is not a zoom hack but more like a “wall hack” regarding the AC. You could place a catapult or a treb on the same place. In this case the wall would block many trajectories.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Yaks Bend players are extremely overjoyed with the changes and direction of WvW now.

I will continue to roam solo ignoring any and all changes Anet decides to implement…..this is my game kittenes

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Yaks Bend players are extremely overjoyed with the changes and direction of WvW now.

They are the only server that uses siege, right? Because you should never use what the game gives you. Better stop using the food and utility buff…

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

See pic

You seem to assume the ac is an arrowcart?

Its not.

Its a device that make AoE damage instantly happen at the target location by conjuring magical missiles from above with 100% accuracy all the time in 100% of the area. This is impossible with a trajectory, as that would be inherently inaccurate, especially just aiming “over there”.

So a wall can surely block it. With magic anything is possible. No need to show off fancypants physics here because the ac have none.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Problem:
New camera allows AC’s to shoot areas previously un-hittable. If you were on an AC and couldn’t hit zergs directly because you couldn’t see them (due to them being behind a wall or whatnot), well, you can now. Just change the vertical to max and…

Band-aid Fix:
1. AC, Treb, and Cata should lock in first person view.
2. ???
3. Fixed.

Real Fix:
1. Keep FOV slider.
2. Remove all other sliders… really do we need to slide horizontally. Or float 100m above our player. Do you expect players to play like that?
3. Done.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

AC+new FOV making bad times in wvw. While the trajectory chart you made is all good, it doesn’t consider someone shouldn’t ever be able to see over said wall from the bottom of it.
AC’s need to be limited to LoS or made to Aim like projectile siege. One or the other Please ANET.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Since WvW has become defensive after this patch it has become extremely boring. The Arrow Cart meta that has instantly formed over this new patch has pretty much ruined open field fighting and makes it nearly impossible to take keeps. You may say “adapt and figure it out” but the only way to take keeps now is by using trebs. Rams are useless because of the AC buff. Catas too.

All that needs to be done is either limit the AC fire to only work if the AC itself has clear Line of Sight , or make ACs do no damage to siege. They are arrows anyway and shouldn’t be doing heaps of damage that they are doing right now to siege equipment such as rams.

How is the new camera “ruining open field fighting” ? Open field AC is working the same way as it did before FoV changes. The change is only affecting AC built in/near walls, because with the improved FoV you can target better. On open field you could target anything because there was no structure affecting the camera.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

ACs are perfectly fine. What do you think an outnumbered server should use when defending a keep/tower against 3-4 times people than their own? Siege weapons are supposed to be used to one’s advantage and its not like there aren’t any counters. Eles’ AoEs can down an AC, a well placed ballista is a good counter, etc

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.3072

Krustydog.3072

ACs are perfectly fine. What do you think an outnumbered server should use when defending a keep/tower against 3-4 times people than their own? Siege weapons are supposed to be used to one’s advantage and its not like there aren’t any counters. Eles’ AoEs can down an AC, a well placed ballista OS a good counter, etc

lol

SoR FTW

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

ACs are perfectly fine. What do you think an outnumbered server should use when defending a keep/tower against 3-4 times people than their own? Siege weapons are supposed to be used to one’s advantage and its not like there aren’t any counters. Eles’ AoEs can down an AC, a well placed ballista is a good counter, etc

lol

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Bubi.5237

lol

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

As much as you guys want to lol, can you tell me a reliable method of how an outnumbered server can defend against a blob in uneven matchups without using siege? It might be OP, but in that case, the opponent also has few counters to it which they can take advantage of.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Bubi.5237

The bigger zerg has more supply, they can simply build AC to take out your AC/Treb/etc.. Before patch there were safe spots for your sieges, but now not even inner treb is safe, so…

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

They can’t balance the game based on outnumbered servers when it makes balance matchups terrible. ACs are cancer.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

I was talking strictly in reference to OP stating "They are arrows anyway and shouldn’t be doing heaps of damage that they are doing right now to siege equipment such as rams. "

Their strength is just fine, but the problem here is the camera angle which I haven’t mentioned anything in regard to and I agree fully with the sentiment that current camera angles is kinda broken when you man AC.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As much as you guys want to lol, can you tell me a reliable method of how an outnumbered server can defend against a blob in uneven matchups without using siege? It might be OP, but in that case, the opponent also has few counters to it which they can take advantage of.

Only if you can tell us a reliable method for how an outnumbered server can attack a defended keep in uneven matchups without using siege.

Argue about how arrowcarts can help outnumbered servers all you want, but the servers that are outnumbering them will always have many, many more. They are not static keep defenses like cannons, they can be built anywhere. Guess which server got tons of supplies to spend? Yeah. Its not the outnumbered one.

Arrowcarts balance nothing. They didnt do it when Anet buffed their damage by 100%+ when the WvW community wanted maybe 20% and they arent doing it now either.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

Only if you can tell us a reliable method for how an outnumbered server can attack a defended keep in uneven matchups without using siege.

Argue about how arrowcarts can help outnumbered servers all you want, but the servers that are outnumbering them will always have many, many more. They are not static keep defenses like cannons, they can be built anywhere. Guess which server got tons of supplies to spend? Yeah. Its not the outnumbered one.

Arrowcarts balance nothing. They didnt do it when Anet buffed their damage by 100%+ when the WvW community wanted maybe 20% and they arent doing it now either.

Wait a sec…outnumbered or not, how can you take a keep without using siege at all? By PvD? lol

As for your 2nd paragraph a keep can hold upto 1,700 supplies which can be used efficiently for a successful defense. It’s not always that the blob always has more supplies to their disposal at any given time.

Like I stated before, AC strength is fine IMO. Other people may have other opinions and we can always agree to disagree

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

There is not a huge reason to place defensive siege now unless it’s manned like it is on AM/DL/Elona. The zeg comes, places one ac and all your siege can be gone in a matter of a minute with this fov. It’s not a very good tested change imo.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

(Paint FTW!)

As you can see the wall blocks all trajectories below 85°. Therefore only target on the wall or very close behind the wall are attackable. All targets far behind the wall are safe.

The thing is, I’m not sure if this is how it actually works in the game (you may have meant to say that, I wasn’t sure).

For instance, if you look at this video, you can see the animation of the arrows traveling right through the wall, so the wall at least doesn’t seem to be impeding the AC:

I think the best solution for this would be, in addition to showing the green circle of where the arrows would land, the game should also show a green arc showing the arrow path through the air. That path could then turn red if it runs into an obstacle on the way, such as a wall, and prevent the player from firing. That way at least the game is enforcing some realistic limits on AC projectile pathing, similar to how it enforces realistic projectile pathing for trebs and catas. It’s still possible that ACs could be placed in such a way that they would be difficult for eles to hit, but at least they couldn’t be placed right next to a wall and still used effectively.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Niloy, the issue is, the change helps attackers much more than defenders. Previously your few valiant defenders could build and use siege safely behind a wall. The attackers only had limited ability to hit what they couldn’t see.

Now, an attacker with an AC near a wall can see and hit everything on or behind the wall in a huge area. So outnumbered defenders struggle to even get near walls once an offensive AC is up, let alone build siege or fight back. It makes defending with lesser numbers much more difficult.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Bubi.5237

(Paint FTW!)

The thing is, I’m not sure if this is how it actually works in the game (you may have meant to say that, I wasn’t sure).

We were discussing a theory about the real world, where Arrows have trajectory, mostly reacting to this

Gravity and physics. Math works!

So yes, we wanna nerf ACs a bit, either having ~real trajectory or disabling the new changes while on siege.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

Niloy, the issue is, the change helps attackers much more than defenders. Previously your few valiant defenders could build and use siege safely behind a wall. The attackers only had limited ability to hit what they couldn’t see.

Now, an attacker with an AC near a wall can see and hit everything on or behind the wall in a huge area. So outnumbered defenders struggle to even get near walls once an offensive AC is up, let alone build siege or fight back. It makes defending with lesser numbers much more difficult.

I agree completely with that, but I did write earlier that I do NOT disagree with the camera angle in the OP. My post was completely directed towards the strength of AC arrows on siege stuffs like rams as mentioned in the OP.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

One Prarie Outpost.4860

AC’s were not a problem until the user could better manipulate the camera.
For years everyone has been complaining about the camera.
Fix it, Fix it…
… you broke it, you broke it.

This community complains way too much.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Hey! i know! Buy the xpac and all will be better! Right? Right…?

Joking aside, this FOV thing has flatly broken WvW for the reasons stated over and over in here. A large group can AC all of the defensive positions in a space and roll the other side even faster than before. Good job.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Think of all the money we now save from not having to fort our towers and keeps. We will all be rich.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

yeah ACs need nerf but shadowstep and teleport spamming noobs are totally acceptable eh ?

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

How about changing the arrow cart targeting more akin to the other sieges and control where they aim with 4 skills that basically move the aoe targeting over the ground to thr location you want it to be shooting at? That way FoV doesn’t matter too much. Ofcourse you might lose track of the targeting circle I suppose. (Unless they make ita large bpillar or beacon of light)

(It would become impossible to shoot under anything however… hmmm idk)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: DamnThoseNames.8791

DamnThoseNames.8791

While there are certainly bugs with the new camera (It is in Beta after all).

You can find a living list here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-player-camera-improvements/page/6#post4891382

What you are describing is not a bug with the camera.

Give it up ppl. A dev responded in a other thread (general discussion). I suggest all servers stop upgrading and take a break from wvw for a few weeks..

Periflor – Mesmer
Cilag – Gaurdian
[RAIN] Wolfs Rain

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

Your supposed to fight them in the open silly, It doesn’t matter if your only 3 and they’re 20. Open field fights are always the best right? Come down from the tower and fight so everyone can have a great time.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You can do this now….

Did you had Any thought when increasing the fov ? Did you test this in wvw ? Is this how it’s supposed to be now ? Its a kittening joke.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I GOT IT!!!!!! how about make AC’s only damage players? kinda like the catapult tweak they put in.

might be a good compromise that would be easy to implement, ‘cause I don’t want to see them go overboard on the “no line of sight” thing, especially with the new camera modes.

Sincerly, Me.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

One Prarie Outpost.4860

You can do this now….

Did you had Any thought when increasing the fov ? Did you test this in wvw ? Is this how it’s supposed to be now ? Its a kittening joke.

You cannot see the targeting – show me one from the AC where you can target previously unreachable places, please.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

You can do this now….

Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard. As if wall defending wasn’t enough of a hazard. WvWvW is so far from being relevant it’s comical now.

Whispers with meat.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

I have a idea. Let’s just take all seige out and focus on fighting like wvw should be.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

But they are magic arrows !

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

holy meep thats daft , the wall really needs to block Acs that are planted that close / collision detection for Ac arrows.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I will continue to roam solo ignoring any and all changes Anet decides to implement…..this is my game kittenes

LOL, Thought the same thing. Have fought lots of servers, never seen one so bad about hiding behind ac and siege.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

LOL, Thought the same thing. Have fought lots of servers, never seen one so bad about hiding behind ac and siege.

I guess you’ve yet to face Tarnished Coast then. :o

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

Or even better JQ not only do they hide behind it , they drag it into the field and make forests of it.

AC needs nerf now

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Or even better JQ not only do they hide behind it , they drag it into the field and make forests of it.

/snicker

:3

Whispers with meat.