ANet stop claiming keeps

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Distracting, it’s true. Also, “target creating.” I’ve been there, done that, many, many times. If you’re wearing the flair, you’re going to be a target. There have been times I’ve spent more time taking dirt naps than contributing to a fight, and I even tell people when we party up that they should expect to carry my corpse if I’m tagged. It’s all good — we know it’s likely when we tag up. (Whisper: If I can be the distracting factor that leads to my team’s victory, it’s alll good. )

That’s why WvW is better than PvP. Even poor players have a role.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: EAGLE.3429

EAGLE.3429

Personally I love seeing the anet tag running around in W V W. Many people feel that this game mode is sorely neglected( i agree with that feeling). By having ANET people in this game mode more then many feel that the game mode will improve. Although i would love to see the devs come talk to players in there community VOIPS simply to get a feel for the communities. So much of the time it feels like the lower tiered worlds are ignored by ANET. Please ANET keep playing the game mode so that you can experience the issues or frustrations first hand. All in all i do feel that devs are doing the best that they can within the limits that are set by the powers taht be.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Ok, seems there are a few concerns, so let me give some info here (with no slight intended for the OP or anyone else participating in this thread):

• We encourage our team members to play the game. Many of us do. This is a good thing for the game and for the community! This is good for every aspect of the game, from PvP, to WvW, to PvE, and beyond.
  • Sometimes playing the game in a competitive sense means.. you win! It doesn’t seem fair to suggest that a developer — who has absolutely no advantage on the live game — should back off, or intentionally take a dive, or move to a different server. After all, it’s likely they are and have been a participating member of a particular world for some time, and moving isn’t reasonable, nor is it required, nor should it be expected. I’m on a world that isn’t highly competitive, but I don’t find myself feeling the urge to move to a higher-ranked world. Conversely, if my world suddenly becomes competitive, I won’t be shuffling out of there to satisfy some edge-case expectation of me as a player or staff member.
  • No one is required to represent the ArenaNet guild. In fact, no one at the company is even required to join the Anet guild. Both are entirely voluntary. I rep other guilds, sometimes, but I rep Anet most of the time because that’s my choice. Other members of my team are not members of the guild at all. It’s very much an individual decision.
  • We don’t have a fully decked out guild hall if you mean in the decoration sense. You should have seen me scrambling to decorate for Wintersday. I’ve thought of taking up scribing to do more. Quite frankly, I feel we have a real dearth of decorations and going to other guilds’ halls to see how they decorate is always a treat for me, because they do it so well!
  • Did I mention ArenaNet playing ArenaNet’s game is a good thing?

Seems funny to me the state of WvW yet Anet does things like this to “show” they actually play the game.

If you really want to impress wvw players.. fix the issues in wvw like unkillable ghost thiefs, the “Meta” builds excluding some of the best classes in game and the over all state of server stacking and wvw glicko scoring.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I’ve kicked a anet staff off my guild before if that helps, not because he did anything bad but just because he can’t rep at all since he is obligated to rep anet guild.

But they’ve said they don’t need to rep the Anet guild…. and I’m sure other devs have been part of regular guilds…. so…

ermm…obligation don’t have to be ermm…legal reason…u know.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I’ve kicked a anet staff off my guild before if that helps, not because he did anything bad but just because he can’t rep at all since he is obligated to rep anet guild.

But they’ve said they don’t need to rep the Anet guild…. and I’m sure other devs have been part of regular guilds…. so…

Obligation don’t have to be legal or contract reasons.

ermm Why ermm are ermm you ermm responding ermm twice? ermm ermm
Yes I know they don’t have to be legal, just saying there’s no work obligation for them to rep or even join in the first place.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Ok, seems there are a few concerns, so let me give some info here (with no slight intended for the OP or anyone else participating in this thread):

• We encourage our team members to play the game. Many of us do. This is a good thing for the game and for the community! This is good for every aspect of the game, from PvP, to WvW, to PvE, and beyond.
  • Sometimes playing the game in a competitive sense means.. you win! It doesn’t seem fair to suggest that a developer — who has absolutely no advantage on the live game — should back off, or intentionally take a dive, or move to a different server. After all, it’s likely they are and have been a participating member of a particular world for some time, and moving isn’t reasonable, nor is it required, nor should it be expected. I’m on a world that isn’t highly competitive, but I don’t find myself feeling the urge to move to a higher-ranked world. Conversely, if my world suddenly becomes competitive, I won’t be shuffling out of there to satisfy some edge-case expectation of me as a player or staff member.
  • No one is required to represent the ArenaNet guild. In fact, no one at the company is even required to join the Anet guild. Both are entirely voluntary. I rep other guilds, sometimes, but I rep Anet most of the time because that’s my choice. Other members of my team are not members of the guild at all. It’s very much an individual decision.
  • We don’t have a fully decked out guild hall if you mean in the decoration sense. You should have seen me scrambling to decorate for Wintersday. I’ve thought of taking up scribing to do more. Quite frankly, I feel we have a real dearth of decorations and going to other guilds’ halls to see how they decorate is always a treat for me, because they do it so well!

I’m on a world that isn’t highly competitive, but I don’t find myself feeling the urge to move to a higher-ranked world. Conversely, if my world suddenly becomes competitive, I won’t be shuffling out of there to satisfy some edge-case expectation of me as a player or staff member.

I think its you guys are to blame for the world aka server you are on not being competitive. The decisions you people working Arena Net made killed more than half the servers, killed the biggest competitive scene this game ever had aka GvGs. Promised to fix stuff intorduced with HoT a year ago and The people who are still playing the game mode are still waiting. We asked one skill to.get a proper nerf which was epidemic and what we got was “blast light field and you cant epi off structure/players with resist” lol… yeah def nerfs to epi. Players have been asking for classic stab to return and you guys comoletely denied that, players aksed to nerf conditions or chage the way conditions but what we get is nothing…. Wait and.then WvW gets affected by PvE balance because WvW players love PvE.. the list goes on all these things to fix in WvW and yet you guys are busy with PvE.. Every 3 or 4 months PvE is getting new content if you put half as much effort into WvW, WvW would be so much better. Good job at killing the best game mode in this game amd the most competitive scene this game ever. Congratulations to you and your team.

Did I mention ArenaNet playing ArenaNet’s game is a good thing?

Since you guys do play your own game then why is WvW keep getting hit with terrible things. Why havent the issues people have been talking about or crying about been adressed yet? Why is WvW gameplay still so pale and boring? Why isnt there WvW legendary? why isnt there a WvW ascended vendor while PvP a game mode that dont need ascended vendor has one? Why isnt there WvW specific class balance? Why is siege still so broken? why are some of the guild upgrades nerfed or changed? WHY ARENT MORE PLAYERS STARTING TO PLAY WVW? WHY DO I ALWAYS SEE/HEAR PEOPLE QUITING THE GAME MODE?

Answer these questions/concerns and then I will believe you guys play your own game or shall I saw then I will believe you guys play WvW.

(edited by CrimeMaker.8612)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Obligation don’t have to be legal or contract reasons.

ermm Why ermm are ermm you ermm responding ermm twice? ermm ermm
Yes I know they don’t have to be legal, just saying there’s no work obligation for them to rep or even join in the first place.

LOL! I had multiple tabs opened so I didn’t know and I had this feeling I already posted.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Anet should drop a special kind of bag.

like, Heavy Bugs Bag

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

My guess is that the ArenaNet tag has special meaning to players.

I am sure players love to see developers playing their own game,

but seeing the developer’s tag could be distracting to others.

Distracting, it’s true. Also, “target creating.” I’ve been there, done that, many, many times. If you’re wearing the flair, you’re going to be a target. There have been times I’ve spent more time taking dirt naps than contributing to a fight, and I even tell people when we party up that they should expect to carry my corpse if I’m tagged. It’s all good — we know it’s likely when we tag up. (Whisper: If I can be the distracting factor that leads to my team’s victory, it’s alll good. )

Whisper: If you would like to use the distracting factor to lead your team’s victory,

instead of playing as a ranger which could be expected to be carry out as a corpse

with an ArenaNet tag,

try playing as a thief with the ArenaNet tag,

an evading vanishing ghost like thief

that can keep everyone focused on you and keeps contested for a fun and long, long time ….

Fire Water Air
FA

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

You know if when anet claims keeps if it replaces the lord with a legendary dragon that drops legendary things people will say oh no please claim it.

I can see it now it would drop legendary food to drop with 10% chance of a legendary arrow cart fully built to spawn at your feet. Or even a pair of socks everyone loves brand new pairs of socks can’t go wrong with that.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

If ANET actually play WvW than why is the META so bad.

I want to give ANET credit for improving a lot of things. Like rewards and stuff.

The game tho was perfectly fine tho and then ANET ruined it and, improving it at this point is almost just like fixing the part thats ruined but that part can’t even be fixed.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Ok, going to jump in here, Gaile (and btw, thanks for all the communication lately, it’s been sorely lacking here) and I have been meaning to send an email to you guys (I think I may have even sent a mb message to someone here?), so thanks for starting this thread, everyone.

As a former community manager for a variety of very large companies, including America Online (where I interacted with a large number of online game developers, assisting them with building community), the Anet symbol above someone’s keep or garrison, especially a losing server, as in the one beginning this thread, is a PR nightmare for you guys, TRUST ME. When you do that, you 1) completely alienate a large number of players from a PR standpoint, whom you do not need hating on you or quitting your game (right?), and 2) you lose any perceived objectivity, as the developer and/or community liaison, coming from the WvW community.

So, yes, of course you are allowed to play and enjoy your own game, however, please know that claiming large objectives (small objectives seem to be taken in stride) is causing you a whole lot of negative perception within your WvW player base. Even if you claim large objectives on all different worlds, they immediately forget about it when you claim something large on their world, trust me. I state this with absolute certainty, as I play WvW on a number of different servers and some of the very players I see posting here defending your rights to claim, I have also heard complaining about it in Team Chat, when you do it to them.

I’m just sayin’ – take it for what you will.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Ok, going to jump in here, Gaile (and btw, thanks for all the communication lately, it’s been sorely lacking here) and I have been meaning to send an email to you guys (I think I may have even sent a mb message to someone here?), so thanks for starting this thread, everyone.

As a former community manager for a variety of very large companies, including America Online (where I interacted with a large number of online game developers, assisting them with building community), the Anet symbol above someone’s keep or garrison, especially a losing server, as in the one beginning this thread, is a PR nightmare for you guys, TRUST ME. When you do that, you 1) completely alienate a large number of players from a PR standpoint, whom you do not need hating on you or quitting your game (right?), and 2) you lose any perceived objectivity, as the developer and/or community liaison, coming from the WvW community.

So, yes, of course you are allowed to play and enjoy your own game, however, please know that claiming large objectives (small objectives seem to be taken in stride) is causing you a whole lot of negative perception within your WvW player base. Even if you claim large objectives on all different worlds, they immediately forget about it when you claim something large on their world, trust me. I state this with absolute certainty, as I play WvW on a number of different servers and some of the very players I see posting here defending your rights to claim, I have also heard complaining about it in Team Chat, when you do it to them.

I’m just sayin’ – take it for what you will.

This is exactly how I feel.

And in this case…we are talking about a server who was being spawn camped in ebg with 0 structures owned and in home BL had no keeps but garri and was losing big time….60 tick? If I recall….anet claiming the last important location for a whole server is a punch in the face and very demoralizing.

I am not saying you shouldn’t have the right to play or claim but the comments here by both players and anet that it’s no big deal and that people need to “act like adults” and not “whine” when they lose are missing the big picture.

It’s a rage quit atmosphere we all have to overcome when our server is being absolutely pwned and every one of us have had to deal with that and people do quit for the week or permanently when it happens…

But adding on top of that, the cherry on a pile of demoralizing poo cake is an anet claim to your last bastion of hope.

My server, like many….has 3-5 tags running at prime time every night….after that night, we have 0-1. 3 of my guild drivers haven’t even logged into gw2 this week and one of our drivers…a guy who somehow plays gw2 like 12hrs a day and works full time…always present in wvw, never absent…was in spvp yesterday…

There is an air of dismay by losing, and yes…we all get our turn….but that move on a nets part is extra disheartening.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

PR nightmare from ANET playing their game? Sadly I doubt that is hardly true considering the low population that engages in WvW nowadays. Then factoring in the even lower amount of people that complain about it in the first place (WvW forum posts are not 100% of the population…I dare say not even 50%).

It would be a PR nightmare if ANET didn’t play their own game at all.

In the words of the best RP commander on Maguuma in regards to the ANET guild, “Do wut u wunt.” If you truly take issue with ANET claiming things, then blob them down or move on.

Or you can always pm Gaile for 15v15s in guild hall….

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

This is the best argument for continued developer claiming of objectives I have heard. A.net claiming objectives means they’re playing the game and might actually see some of the long-standing issues we have been voicing for years, and take action. I am in favor of this.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

This is the best argument for continued developer claiming of objectives I have heard. A.net claiming objectives means they’re playing the game and might actually see some of the long-standing issues we have been voicing for years, and take action. I am in favor of this.

They were playing all along and didn’t address any long standing issues. They knew the state of WvW and still did things like open BG multiple times, link JQ with 2 servers, buff thieves, make condi OP, etc. Nothing good comes from Anet claiming objectives. I’d like to see some devs playing on TC, then maybe they’d see how bad WvW has become.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Have you heard the saying: “Perception is reality” ?

Regardless of what you and the rest of ANet knows and does there is a perception out there that you have access to abilities that other people don’t have. It doesn’t matter if it’s true or not because the perception is still there.

When you claim using the ANet tag it truly just upsets pretty much anyone that I know for example. I see the map chat light up with comments that don’t seem to stop for a while once we see a ANet claim on a Keep especially. One favorite comment is for people to go on the hunt for an ANet player and stomp him/her because there’s also a belief out there that you get some sort of title/achievement for doing this. (urban legend?)

The bottom line is that there’s nothing you can say that is going to change peoples’ perception of this. What you all COULD do though is stop claiming using the ANet guild and relieve a LOT of angst within the wvw community just by doing that one pleasant thing for us.

Respectfully.

… just call me … Tim :)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

there is a ‘hidden’ achieve for killing an anet tag NOT urban myth…. It is Conquer the Creator. Reddit says works in pvp or wvw…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

Just because you see an anet tag in wvw doesn’t mean that specific anet employee is part of the WvW team. They could be an artist for the game. Perhaps they manage the network hardware for the building. Heck, they could be an intern for all we know. They more than likely have ZERO to do with the direction of WvW and have their own specific loves and gripes about this game mode.

There are sure a lot of cranky people in this thread. Y’all need a Snickers bar.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, I’m not the least bit cranky. and if you read my post you would see I’m talking about perceptions, not necessarily reality. At the end of the day what people perceive becomes “their reality” regardless of the real truth. It’s just the way of life and calling people cranky isn’t going to go very far in the “let’s work together” side of things.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

there is a ‘hidden’ achieve for killing an anet tag NOT urban myth…. It is Conquer the Creator. Reddit says works in pvp or wvw…..

…and the hunt begins! …

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Liston.9708

…and the hunt begins! …

YB has one that plays quite a bit and a second in the same guild that also plays, but less frequently. I love it personally when I play near that guild as the enemies sometimes play in a more YOLO style trying to kill that tag(s)….

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Did dude reference AoL as a how-to on public relations?

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

They were playing all along and didn’t address any long standing issues. They knew the state of WvW and still did things like open BG multiple times, link JQ with 2 servers, buff thieves, make condi OP, etc. Nothing good comes from Anet claiming objectives. I’d like to see some devs playing on TC, then maybe they’d see how bad WvW has become.

Ahka, Anet played a week on TC very recently, I was on TC and saw them.

Anet people please keep playing wvw and claiming. It gives me a small flicker of hope that the experience will result in some meaningful changes for wvw in the near future…unfortunately as the communication in this forum from Anet about the future of wvw is rather slim, for me seeing participation in game is about all that is left.

As for who claims what objective….makes no difference to me. It would have been the great even fight over the objective without lag that would make the game great for me. Winning the fight is great but losing a great fight is still pretty good.

And btw your server will get a turn to have an Anet claimed objective and to experience how things are going for your server….just saying

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Interesting, I’ve been playing gw2 since Sept. 2012 and have never seen an anet claimed objective on any server I was on. I guess they keep moving around and I miss them.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

lol, I’m not the least bit cranky. and if you read my post you would see I’m talking about perceptions, not necessarily reality. At the end of the day what people perceive becomes “their reality” regardless of the real truth. It’s just the way of life and calling people cranky isn’t going to go very far in the “let’s work together” side of things.

What is the point of appeasing people whose perceptions are independent of reality? There is another word for that sort of people: delusional

If people are so set on believing you are malicious, then anything you do can be misconstrued as such since they don’t care about the truth. Even doing nothing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

achievement also works in guild hall if you duel a dev

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

They don’t have to do it with the corporate tag over their heads though. It sends the wrong message because we don’t know if they are also using admin powers to achieve their objectives because what they are doing is unprecedented in any MMO I’ve ever played in.

I mean no disrespect here Gaile, but you and I both know this is considered unacceptable in the industry because it gives the appearance of corruption and abuse of powers. Especially when its being done in competitive play. Also there is the advantage that being a staff member will naturally draw players to them without even trying to recruit.

This excuse don’t fly. Its a problem and it needs addressed. Please. Please for the sake of the game mode, give staff non anet tags or at least turn them off during competitive play.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Taobella.6597

i think most amount of dev we had run in a group at one time was 4 dev in 1 squad. 2 of them are from the guild i do not think other 2 are in it may be wrong i do not keep tab on everyone in guild XD.

but just to be clear about one thing anet has 0 power from there home PC only workstation has Dev power.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Kamara.4187

i think most amount of dev we had run in a group at one time was 4 dev in 1 squad. 2 of them are from the guild i do not think other 2 are in it may be wrong i do not keep tab on everyone in guild XD.

but just to be clear about one thing anet has 0 power from there home PC only workstation has Dev power.

All it takes to have admin is the right code placed in the correct files. Its that simple.
A dev environment platform is different and usually on a special server. Many developers work from home and can perform task in the event of an emergency. Some even have apps on their phone with alarms to warn them of event failures which they can then whip out a laptop on the fly to address it. The question is “who has what level of admin and access to the logs.”

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Taobella.6597

All it takes to have admin is the right code placed in the correct files. Its that simple.
A dev environment platform is different and usually on a special server. Many developers work from home and can perform task in the event of an emergency. Some even have apps on their phone with alarms to warn them of event failures which they can then whip out a laptop on the fly to address it. The question is “who has what level of admin and access to the logs.”

i have been directly told by a dev that only there office has power to effect the game. im not saying it very hard to achieve but that the facts i know.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

Interesting, I’ve been playing gw2 since Sept. 2012 and have never seen an anet claimed objective on any server I was on. I guess they keep moving around and I miss them.

There was a thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/In-which-worlds-does-ANET-play/first#post6498812 a few pages back which explains what they do.

Kamara, why would Anet cheat then put a claim on it? Conspiracy theory abounds where none exists.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Kamara.4187

i have been directly told by a dev that only there office has power to effect the game. im not saying it very hard to achieve but that the facts i know.

Hun I’m not trying to argue or say you are wrong. Truth is I don’t know how ANET has their admin levels set up. What I’m saying is it don’t look good. Several MMO’s have had issues with abuse of admin and they would do well to hide the tag during competitive play.

It is good that they are playing the game, because it gives them the opportunity to see and experience the game mode at the players level, but the tag needs to go in the back pocket during competitive play for obvious reasons.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Liston.9708

wvw competitive – that’s a good one……

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Kamara.4187

There was a thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/In-which-worlds-does-ANET-play/first#post6498812 a few pages back which explains what they do.

Kamara, why would Anet cheat then put a claim on it? Conspiracy theory abounds where none exists.

Maybe because I’ve had a tag over my head before and know the powers of God Mode?

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

There is no point to it cos it means nothing……are you saying that people do this because they can?? Well still means nothing and nothing to be upset about.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Brigand.9502

I didn’t say I wanted to work together. When people’s views are so beyond the pale, there really isn’t even any common ground to begin building a bridge. Perceptions be darned.

The biggest issue I see on these forums, but barely in-game, is the massive sense of entitlement. It permeates a significant amount of threads and I think it keeps a massive amount of the rational people far away from here. A bit of a self-perpetuating vicious cycle.

(edited by Brigand.9502)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Kamara.4187

There is no point to it cos it means nothing……are you saying that people do this because they can?? Well still means nothing and nothing to be upset about.

I’m saying I bet you five dollars a memo will go out to staff or it will be addressed in a meeting soon because too many have complained at this point and it looks bad on the company. Turning off the tag is a simple fix to make everyone happy and change little.

I play this game, and I want it to be successful for my own selfish reasons. Something like this is damming to a games reputation. This is not the first time nor the first MMO to have had a community flare-up over it. It would be a shame to see something like this damage such a great creation when the fix is so simple.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Well stop rubbing salt in the wound anyway. DB is getting hammered by two MUCH more populated servers. Claiming DB’s garri when their tick is less than 50 is just dee bagg ery.

Happened all last week from SBI as well. If you want to “enjoy” WvW, how about growing some courage and going onto the low pop server for the week.

? YB is losing to you ….. We are not more populated no matter what anet’s silly status says AND no link…..

You keep crying YB is not full and has no link, yet they’re hanging well in t3 with servers that need 2-3 links to even compete with you. How about you finally open your eyes for a change, your server is big enough on it’s own to handle t3/4 linked servers. Players themselves do not know how populated their own server is unless they play 24/7 and have experienced every time zone to actually see it differently.

If you don’t want to play in t2 then stop crying about links? Maybe they didn’t want to make yet another t2 server out of yb so they didn’t get a link? Maybe YB already got it’s chance at higher tiers when they boosted their glicko and then dropped back down to t3 anyways?

YB has lost more players over being pitted against a T1 server than any other week or action that has been ignored by the powers that be.

So someone claims with an Anet tag, so what? They are people, they have a claim and they were chosen by the program and they took the chance to show the Anet colors which as long as they have the buffs needed by the server, who cares who ‘claims’ it?

Not one single guild played as it usually does this week.

YB is losing players but it is also losing heart – Anet should never have manually changed the glicko and pitted a tier one anything against those in tiers 3 and 4.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Brigand.9502

I’m saying I bet you five dollars a memo will go out to staff or it will be addressed in a meeting soon because too many have complained at this point and it looks bad on the company. Turning off the tag is a simple fix to make everyone happy and change little.

I play this game, and I want it to be successful for my own selfish reasons. Something like this is damming to a games reputation. This is not the first time nor the first MMO to have had a community flare-up over it. It would be a shame to see something like this damage such a great creation when the fix is so simple.

It would be absolutely shameful if they caved. The anet guild members should be able to be just as proud of their guild affiliation as the rest of us.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Kamara.4187

It would be absolutely shameful if they caved. The anet guild members should be able to be just as proud of their guild affiliation as the rest of us.

Most of the industry disagrees with you on this.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

YB has lost more players over being pitted against a T1 server than any other week or action that has been ignored by the powers that be.

So someone claims with an Anet tag, so what? They are people, they have a claim and they were chosen by the program and they took the chance to show the Anet colors which as long as they have the buffs needed by the server, who cares who ‘claims’ it?

Not one single guild played as it usually does this week.

YB is losing players but it is also losing heart – Anet should never have manually changed the glicko and pitted a tier one anything against those in tiers 3 and 4.

At least you’re not full anymore, better recruit quick.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

They don’t have to do it with the corporate tag over their heads though. It sends the wrong message because we don’t know if they are also using admin powers to achieve their objectives because what they are doing is unprecedented in any MMO I’ve ever played in.

I mean no disrespect here Gaile, but you and I both know this is considered unacceptable in the industry because it gives the appearance of corruption and abuse of powers. Especially when its being done in competitive play. Also there is the advantage that being a staff member will naturally draw players to them without even trying to recruit.

This excuse don’t fly. Its a problem and it needs addressed. Please. Please for the sake of the game mode, give staff non anet tags or at least turn them off during competitive play.

That’s one of the silliest things I’ve read on these forums…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Most of the industry disagrees with you on this.

No, they don’t. Your knowledge of the IT community or the player community or even the company community at Areannet are not something you know the consensus of.

More of Arenanet should be playing, not less. Believe me, if they had to play a third of the hours most of us played, the game’s bugs would be fixed in a few months, and I mean all of them.

It would be amazing for Anet to have a training aspect – but then again a real MMO hasn’t existed in a decade that shows how to be better not ‘guess what might work’.

Amazing game, but the status of events, WvW, NPCs, cut scenes, PvP errors and ‘never start because we moved on from vanilla content and who cares if an event in lower maps or even HoT don’t work as created usually starts to wear on the players of all experience as events don’t scale, don’t work and don’t give a loot that makes any kind of sense even by GW2s rules.

If I worked for a gaming company (I only worked for cities, military bases and retail IT back to 1990 as a computer builder, server administrator, Outlook administrator, Executive Desktop Support), I’d be the first to suggest and follow a ‘hey play the game employees, we need to know what’s really going on as much as the players do…’ bent in any corporate community spirit.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

What is the point of appeasing people whose perceptions are independent of reality? There is another word for that sort of people: delusional

If people are so set on believing you are malicious, then anything you do can be misconstrued as such since they don’t care about the truth. Even doing nothing.

I don’t think resorting to be insulting people will be very productive.

The problem is that we don’t really even know what the reality is. We only know what we are being told and we have no way of really knowing the real truth. So while we are left with is perception.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t think resorting to be insulting people will be very productive.

The problem is that we don’t really even know what the reality is. We only know what we are being told and we have no way of really knowing the real truth. So while we are left with is perception.

It’s not an insult. It’s just simple logic. Perception being reality is fine, but if they’re so set in their ways, then nothing is going to matter. If one can go outside and tell me they’re a attack helicopter, then i’m going to take them as seriously as that. Likewise, if people are going to indulge in paranoiac fantasies in a video game, that’s fine too, but don’t disrupt my game based on them.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Just waiting for the “legal action” discussions to start up…

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

Conspiracies abound….I’m speechless!

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Conspiracies and paranoia… “we don’t know if they are also using admin powers to achieve their objectives”.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Conspiracies and paranoia… “we don’t know if they are also using admin powers to achieve their objectives”.

They dont need to use powers to cap a empty and non defended structure
Besides ive played along side devs and have been ganked by a dev squad i never notice or saw a dev abusing its powers and if they make use of them for some action, its because they noticed something that needed to be investigated and they felt curious of that dito action, still i think it is a valid reason to use powers asap to investigation reasons, they also have that responsibility.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)