ANet stop claiming keeps

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, I’m not the least bit cranky. and if you read my post you would see I’m talking about perceptions, not necessarily reality. At the end of the day what people perceive becomes “their reality” regardless of the real truth. It’s just the way of life and calling people cranky isn’t going to go very far in the “let’s work together” side of things.

What is the point of appeasing people whose perceptions are independent of reality? There is another word for that sort of people: delusional

If people are so set on believing you are malicious, then anything you do can be misconstrued as such since they don’t care about the truth. Even doing nothing.

I don’t think resorting to be insulting people will be very productive.

The problem is that we don’t really even know what the reality is. We only know what we are being told and we have no way of really knowing the real truth. So while we are left with is perception.

It’s not an insult. It’s just simple logic. Perception being reality is fine, but if they’re so set in their ways, then nothing is going to matter. If one can go outside and tell me they’re a attack helicopter, then i’m going to take them as seriously as that. Likewise, if people are going to indulge in paranoiac fantasies in a video game, that’s fine too, but don’t disrupt my game based on them.

Sadly you and others missed my real point. It’s ok, what will be will be.

… just call me … Tim :)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Conspiracies abound….I’m speechless!

Conspiracies and paranoia… “we don’t know if they are also using admin powers to achieve their objectives”.

They dont need to use powers to cap a empty and non defended structure

Well that’s a very “let’s incite angry players” kind of post.

The day in question, DB was out manned on all borderlands and where in a state of being steamrolled with all man on deck call outs against this particular garri grab and didn’t stand a chance defending it. This was not an empty or undefended keep.

Additionally, someone higher up in this thread said “if anet claims, blob up”. The problem with that statement is that the situation in question was a situation of mass numbers from a higher tier sever (mag) who rolled down a tier and stomped vs a already demoralized lower tier (DB) who didn’t own any structures. Add insult to injury and you have the anet claim of our last hold out.

You folks are forgetting the core OP of this thread that this anet claim followed a complete and utter server stomp. We have already all argued anets “right to play their own game” etc etc and the difference between a camp/tower claim vs a keep claim. But this particular situation is a cherry on a sundae event. Hell….even the claim that anet needed to guild claim this structure for upgrades becuase the guild running the raid already had a structure is flawed, for for anet to take this great joy and smiles to believe with a 100% own of all of their enemies points that they would also be upgrading all the keeps on enemy alpine borderlands proves that this “employee” literally 1- doesn’t care about the demoralization of game players and 2- has a complete inability to recognize how broken the mode is if they are happy and willing to claim this particular structure during this particular complete and utter stomp.

Way to reinforce /ragequit of the server you are not on “anet employee”. It is such a clouded eyes action that it isn’t even funny.

Anet coming into this thread to scream support of how beneficial it is that they play the game they slave at is also blind to the example they give to the players they apparently cherish…you know…these poor slobs that pay in your cash shop which pays your bills.

I’m not mad, it’s just silly how much macho posturing is going on in this thread by people. Everyone who take this as “well sometimes it happens, stop being a cry baby” will be here when it happens to them, guaranteed.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Instead of “anet stop claiming” objectives, I’d much prefer that players stop complaining about anet claiming objectives…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Anet claimed keep eh? Wait til you go inside….

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

clearly that arrow cart is cheating…. :}

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

That’s cause it was the YB Anet dev…..

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

I didn’t see them claiming anything, but a small group of Anet tags were sighted running around in WvW this afternoon. And the people who had not already gotten the hidden achievement were very grateful. So thanks!

https://youtu.be/YzNKVpoqk6Q

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

There is no point to it cos it means nothing……are you saying that people do this because they can?? Well still means nothing and nothing to be upset about.

I’m saying I bet you five dollars a memo will go out to staff or it will be addressed in a meeting soon because too many have complained at this point and it looks bad on the company. Turning off the tag is a simple fix to make everyone happy and change little.

I play this game, and I want it to be successful for my own selfish reasons. Something like this is damming to a games reputation. This is not the first time nor the first MMO to have had a community flare-up over it. It would be a shame to see something like this damage such a great creation when the fix is so simple.

It would be absolutely shameful if they caved. The anet guild members should be able to be just as proud of their guild affiliation as the rest of us.

Most of the industry disagrees with you on this.

Why don’t you just take the next step and claim Voice of all Humans already

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-1-2017/first#post6542907

Now when ArenaNet claims an objective, all players inside the objective are invulnerable.

+1

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-1-2017/first#post6542907

Now when ArenaNet claims an objective, all players inside the objective are invulnerable.

Woohoo!

ArenaNet Guide will be spreading its protection from midnight to midnight whole day tomorrow.

Fire Water Air
FA

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Four years and 5 months in this game for me. I have only saw dev once on a jungle wurm, a ranger with a pet named moon moon. Dev is like a nessie for me, i know it real but i saw it once but maybe it was just a red colored asura. Seeing devs cap something in wvw is like seeing nessie taking a stroll and sunbathe on the shores. Why complain?

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

ANeT Devs breed on big servers. I saw 3 ANeT tags last night in one Yak’s Bend zerg.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I was on and playing when this happened (on the third server, not either of the two directly involved), and I remember thinking when I saw the ANet symbol that in this circumstance, it was basically kicking the server when it was down.

The issue isn’t that ANet shouldn’t be able to claim keeps or objectives. Of course they should be visibly playing the game. It’s just that in this particular circumstance, it was unsportsmanlike. If the employees are repping the ANet guild, they need to remember that they are literally representing ArenaNet and keep their behavior in line with that greater sense of responsibility.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I always carry paper siege for when i find those anet devs

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Let them play their game and have a taste of how broken it is.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Let them play their game and have a taste of how broken it is.

That would work if they didn’t play on the stacked servers

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

This started out with a complaint about a dev on YB claiming. YB is so far from being a stacked server…

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

Anet should be invisible in their representation of their home servers.

Because they are not, it causes drama, as it should, in this competitive aspect of the game. If they are literally viewed as representing a server, it will cause backlash over the obvious one sidedness of development supporting servers that are overpopulated due to influence from those anet employees, and supported by those anet employees known to play on those servers.

Stating this I’ll go back to playing some other game not touched by these producers.

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Am I the only one that finds this thread funny? I mean there are more issues in WvW than the developers claiming objectives. Personally, I know a LOT of people that like to see it as it shows they are playing it and possibly taking notes. Funny how a lot of people are the “glass half empty” kind.

I hope to see more ANET people playing and enjoying their product. Don’t listen to the haters and enjoy the game you helped create and takes notes on what could use changing

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

I am still waiting to add Gaile Gray to my ANET Achievement collection.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Am I the only one that finds this thread funny?….

I hope to see more ANET people playing and enjoying their product. Don’t listen to the haters and enjoy the game you helped create and takes notes on what could use changing

Exactly this. I’m not sure when the nerf to perspective was implemented, but some people evidently need a serious buff.

It’s a video game, kids… if you’re not having fun, or have your underwear in twist over it, you’re doing it wrong.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I know! We can’t do stuff like this then.

Attachments:

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Still the best lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m90hUvVhSDE

Attachments:

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Man, quick thinking with the ram, lol.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Bao Lin Nda.1042

Bao Lin Nda.1042

If you want to “enjoy” WvW, how about growing some courage and going onto the low pop server for the week.

I’m on a low pop EU server since start. I’ve seen Anet ONCE. But not on our server, it was a kittenty matchup with a top ranked server – and they played on their side, of course. Since server get linked, I didn’t see any sign of Anet. Quite sure they never ever play on any low pop server.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

If you want to “enjoy” WvW, how about growing some courage and going onto the low pop server for the week.

I’m on a low pop EU server since start. I’ve seen Anet ONCE. But not on our server, it was a kittenty matchup with a top ranked server – and they played on their side, of course. Since server get linked, I didn’t see any sign of Anet. Quite sure they never ever play on any low pop server.

Nothing lower than YB in NA now and a couple anet tags have been playing for a long time there.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

Nice! Good use of siege.

Still the best lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m90hUvVhSDE

Lol! Nice vid. 10/10.

########################

Here is one I have from almost a year ago: https://imgur.com/6Fm1Glw

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Also for onlookers don’t feel bad. For I have heard stories that said dev also pin snipes and has even siege buried commanders.

The dev actually moves pretty good too.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Fridgemomo.3750

Fridgemomo.3750

Anet back at it again this weekend. However they stepped up their game and went for SMC. By the way this is that Yaks Bend dev again.

Attachments:

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Good on them. There’s a few devs on YB by the way.

ANet stop claiming keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i posted a video of anet yak commanding in art forums. you guys should all try to be as good as him XD

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/creations/Anet-Commands-WvW/first#post6562179

^ that incase your to lazy to go find it XD