Abbadons Mouth Vs Gandara Vs Riverside

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

I think I speak for all of Gandara when we have to say thanks to Riverside for their Hills barricade this week. Was a really great challenge and truly rallied the Gandara community to work together to get it back!

A video from our golem rush that nearly succeeded. Nearly. Great defense Riverside!

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Posted by: Zaon.4367

Zaon.4367

zerg fest best fest

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Dey see us suiciding, they hatin!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

Sheesh, what’s with all the hating? I remember us losing vs Riverside few months ago with 100k+ points so it’s nice to finally be able to put up a decent fight

[HB]

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Had some awesome fights tonight guys That group on Riverside got us a few times today and vice versa. Learnt from our mistakes today and learnt a little off of you too! Firstly, guardians… so needed sometimes and you guys make great use of Rangers + Entangle.

and REQ, we danced out of love that time, got to hand it to you guys, you have kitten <3

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

why dw wiped us 1 time and after disappeared?we searched for u for 20min on same border and switched other 2 but nothing:/

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

sorry nemesys, but we didnt change the borderland.
and we didnt stop roaming just bad luck i guess, we found the INT-zerg 3-4 times instead and they outnumbered us to much today.
we stopped playing at around 10pm.

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Today we got the worst culling issues in weeks. It is so saddening and gamebreaking, that i even logged in warhammer without any goal.
I hope this gets fixed soon. I dont even count the times we ran into 20 or 30 ppl thinking its maybe 5-10…

/sadpanda

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Nemesys.7251

yes culling killing this game and they never fix it they cant:/

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

in WvW

Posted by: Commanche.3985

Commanche.3985

why dw wiped us 1 time and after disappeared?we searched for u for 20min on same border and switched other 2 but nothing:/

But was a nice fight, even if it was the only one We kind of surprised you by attacking from behind I guess?!

[dw] Commï
DRUCKWELLE
Riverside

in WvW

Nemesys.7251

yes dont saw u all incoming,saw u on us and was late and i was looking in the same direction from where u come from but nothing this patch have a bad issue with culling again.

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

in WvW

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Yep , if you tend to run tight groups and numbers around 30ish you have culling on yours side , since youre really close it takes some time to render all the people, made a mistake a lot of times of thinking that DW had 10 people and after 10 sec the other 15ish render, by that time i’m respawning …..
Fun week so far , we had a lot of fun fights , some we won some we lost , culling is bad as usualy , you can only understand how bad it is if you run small scale.

TDA

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

I figured the ram builder(s) were griefing, but I have yet to hear it’s because of someone on our (Gandara) server switching servers. At least I hope it’s not.

AM choo-choo’d Aldon’s with an army of golems today… well I think the official count was 6-7, but it was down before a handful of people could react.

Whoever was QQ’ing a page ago about Gandara cheating, please give examples otherwise people are going to think you are just making stuff up.

We are slowly closing the gap with RS… 2 days left! Please get unlazy, I don’t want to move up tiers. :P

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Commanche.3985

Commanche.3985

I think I speak for all of Gandara when we have to say thanks to Riverside for their Hills barricade this week. Was a really great challenge and truly rallied the Gandara community to work together to get it back!

A video from our golem rush that nearly succeeded. Nearly. Great defense Riverside!

Thx for showing us your side of the attack Well played!

[dw] Commï
DRUCKWELLE
Riverside

in WvW

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

We are slowly closing the gap with RS… 2 days left! Please get unlazy, I don’t want to move up tiers. :P

Correction. 2 Nights left. Go go, you can do it.

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

in WvW

Posted by: flowjob.7934

flowjob.7934

Gandara only wins because of nightcapping. Nice job, you are so epic … NOT!

in WvW

Posted by: Myrmidone.4362

Myrmidone.4362

This should show that a) we do have respect for a good defense and b) we aren’t really arrogant at all.

I give you: THE HILLS SAGA!

http://youtu.be/TBpQLnQYn6Y

OMG i am the Warrior from Trinity that was destroyed when your angry Zerg break down the gate;-)
Am I famous now^^?

Great Vid nice Music, think it was an relief for all you getting Hills;-)

Greets Myrmi

in WvW

Posted by: MorkZe.4321

MorkZe.4321

I logged off around midnight GMT when all the borderland keeps were painted green and waking up this morning, I saw that Riverside border was blue again. Oh no! Riverside are dirty, evil nightcappers!

j/k

[DYE] – Dry Your Eyes | Gandara
Rottis – Mesmer | Hyrskytin – Engineer | Rullakebab – Warrior

(edited by MorkZe.4321)

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I figured the ram builder(s) were griefing, but I have yet to hear it’s because of someone on our (Gandara) server switching servers. At least I hope it’s not.

From all I know neither Gandara nor Abaddon’s is to blame. The griefer seems to be a very sad sad sad individual from our own server who seems to be on his or her self-righteous mission for revenge, or who is maybe just doing sabotage for fun.

It is really shocking to see what devastating impact the foul play of just one (or a small group of) antisocial individual(s) can have on a server’s morale. For days the map chat in the Eternal Battlegrounds has been flooded with lamentations about the “Flammenbock-Idiot”, spirits have been low, and people were giving up on serious play for this match-up because we could neither play a proper offense or defense with the number of siege weapons at maximum.

I hope my fellow Riversiders will keep an eye open and report such misconduct to the ANet support (attach a screenshot showing the culprit red-handed, will ya?) And I also hope that ANet will act swift an decisively against such greifers.

My apologies to our honorable opponents, but at least to some degree, Riverside is currently unable to give you the fight you deserve.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Yesterday, h 22.30, we left wvw because we had almost everything… I don’t think it’s nightcapping, I think it’ prime time.
Try harder next time.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Nightcapping is a valid strategy, and Riverside has a night-shift, too. If your opponent outnumbers you at off-times, adapt your strategy to counter that. If you cannot adapt, your opponents success is well deserved.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

That’s 2 hours before when Daendur said. Or 4 hours if you’re in germany?

Point is, we lost more during the night than we took.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/21/

You can clearly see we have the most points at 24:00 GMT. When primetime ends. I know you guys start earlier then us like from 17:00 GMT and you might stop a bit sooner too.

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

If by nightcapping you mean constantly having over 400 points per tick during primetime (20-24 pm) then yes – we are nightcappers.

Abaddon’s Mouth had a great attack on their Hills last night. We saw you coming and by the time I left arrow cart when I saw you aren’t going for a gate you already had 5 catas up at west wall! I have seen some fast siege building but this was truly instant.

If our main force hadn’t left Garrison attack and came to help defend you would have took it. Serves us right for focusing on putting siege at doors and leaving walls without it…

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Filthy primetime cappers we are :/

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Posted by: Hannes vander Werft.6715

Hannes vander Werft.6715

Nightcapping is a valid strategy, and Riverside has a night-shift, too.

… LOL… right now, I’m not sure if we (riverside) still have a day-shift…. ;-) …actually more sad and funny… :-(
I guess we are the strongest during the week-end. (to my opinion) we are outnumbered during the week. this seems to be going on for quite some time (I’m talking about weeks). A lot of times I experienced queues at the weekend, but none during the week…

So my fellow Riversiders: To the arms! Let’s give our worthy opponents the fight they want and they deserve!

in WvW

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

Please don’t!
Even more people that won’t render!

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

This should show that a) we do have respect for a good defense and b) we aren’t really arrogant at all.

I give you: THE HILLS SAGA!

http://youtu.be/TBpQLnQYn6Y

OMG i am the Warrior from Trinity that was destroyed when your angry Zerg break down the gate;-)
Am I famous now^^?

Great Vid nice Music, think it was an relief for all you getting Hills;-)

Greets Myrmi

Hahah it certainly was!

And really sorry to hear about your griefer(s), I hope that gets sorted asap so you don’t have them dragging you down.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/21/

You can clearly see we have the most points at 24:00 GMT. When primetime ends. I know you guys start earlier then us like from 17:00 GMT and you might stop a bit sooner too.

Nothing like factual proof to squash this night-capping business. If we win this week (if) its because we been stronger on OUR primetime on weekdays, while riverside was on weekends – now don’t bring any excuses, match is 7 days, not 2.

Also, for those who don’t go a round the world looking for a pathetic excuse, a huge thx – had loots of fun fighting AM and RS – great opponents – keep the fights fun!

/respect

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in WvW

Lonny.9873

Guess I’m gonna play tPvP until ANet fixes culling and rendering issues.
Playing in a small Group is almost pointless right now

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in WvW

Myrmidone.4362

The funny thing about all this discussion is, on Weekend where we dominated both Servers it was only cause of our mass of Players;-). Look at first site of the Thread^^
Now you dominate cause of your skill i guess;-)
Nightcapping or morningcapping it doesnt matter, as i said before midweek we become lazy almost more than last week.
Same thing 6 weeks now.
This Morning not more than 10 People on our Com-TS and perhaps 30 people on all maps.

Greets Myrmi

btw……….outmanned buff on all maps,except Abaddon perhaps, didnt visit that Border so far in this matchup^^

(edited by Myrmidone.4362)

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Try using a scout, you guys have a few thieves right? Just leave them nearby from wherever you expect an attack to come from. It helps a lot
We seem to be opposites myrmi we’ve always been weak on weekends and you seem to suffer similarly during the week.

[Dius]

in WvW

Zumy.6318

So you are helping me finish my second and third legendary?
Thank you so much dear guild leader! <3<3<3

Fractals here we go!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Try using a scout, you guys have a few thieves right? Just leave them nearby from wherever you expect an attack to come from. It helps a lot
We seem to be opposites myrmi we’ve always been weak on weekends and you seem to suffer similarly during the week.

We dont have a few anything. We are 7 -8 ppl in the guild and when we roam we need people on useful toons.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Myrmidone.4362

Yep Caid the Problem, Weekend has 2 Days and rest of Week 5 days^^.
We suffer;-)

Greets Myrmi

in WvW

Lonny.9873

That’s not the point. We would love to engage 5v30. It’s challenging and feels pretty good to win those fights
It’s not about being engaged on unprepared. It’s about the culling issues. You need proper positioning, have to use blind spots and uncovered space to win those fights. But if you are only able to see like 30 to 50 percent of your enemies the alleged enemy blind spot you blinked into turns out to be a death trap.

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in WvW

Caid.4932

We dont have a few anything. We are 7 -8 ppl in the guild and when we roam we need people on useful toons.

Thief isn’t useful in that set up?
I guess you cant really spare the people in that situation, still a good thief should be able to get back to your main group before fighting starts
Guess im thinking of another guild group anyway, they seem fond of their thieves – seems 1 in every 2 of them is a gc thief
@ Lonny
ah sorry, get you … yeah no solution to that really. In Dius we ideally like to face similar odds (not many opportunities this week) we kill our way into safe spots. We have enough numbers to clear out a spot fast though

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Posted by: grimtooth.3146

grimtooth.3146

I love how a certain server can’t win by day, nightly point farming seems to be the next thing. :-)

in WvW

Lonny.9873

We got plenty of Thieves. Thieves are cool when you are fighting even numbers. But in a small group setup and being constantly outmanned every other class does a better job.

Thieves got no group support (Mass Invis is superior to Shadow Refuge) and are lacking AoE, Sustained damage and their burst intervals are too long.

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in WvW

Zumy.6318

The three people that have a thief in our guild are Lonny, me and our Warrior.
Lonny is higly needed on his Mesmer for surprise, burst and retreating mass invis, our warrior would be more usefull on his Mesmer for the same reasons when we are not playing a meleesetup. If so well then: Shout/CC-Warrior >>>>>> Thief.
i myself play Sankja, my Guardian. Im not as good as they are but wee need my heals and my boons.

No room for a thief just for the purpose of scouting, buddy.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Caid.4932

DD ele does the job well too. Its more about the mobility than the stealth. They’re pretty decent in that set up, theres probably better but they’re no slouches.
Agreed about thieves being lacking on that front, think most of ours are using different classes at this stage.

[Dius]

in WvW

Zumy.6318

DD-Ele is nice in addition. But attacking groups that outnumber you heavyly id exchange one for guardian anytime. Besides Churning earth and Burning Speed, they barely can contribute to the opening burstspike if they want to take a supporter role. If they want to dps, they are just too squishy.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Caid.4932

I find their healing better at topping people off, guardians is more consistent but not as … spiky (?). Their cc is nice too, the 2 snares help a lot.
We dont worry too much about damage 10 guys hitting the same few at the same time will kill pretty much anything, its more about staying alive.
Having said all this i do think theres a critical mass with people in wvw and the difference between 8 and 10 or 12 and 15 is massive.

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Zumy.6318

See, we need to burst the first 5-7 ppl fast, and then keep constant pressure in the center so our squishies can act freely. This part is for the two guardians.
Basically the guardian heal eachother at the spot where we want the zergs attention. While the rest becomes support when he needs it.
Eles cannot contribute this.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Caid.4932

Like i said the difference between 8 and 10 is massive. Recruit 2 more, it’ll let you loosen up your tactics a bit more
I guess im talking about the whole scouting thing because we’ve had our own issues with culling and this was one of the solutions we came up with. It worked quite well.

[Dius]

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Id rather not add more players to our player pool.
Usually we are five. eight is just the number of active guildmembers.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Lonny.9873

We don’t wanna grow any further.
We actually want to play the game and not to worry about things like guild structure, guild ranks, permissions, drama and so on

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in WvW

Caid.4932

Maybe SN or TDA can offer some solutions to how they’ve dealt with culling since the patch then, think they run with the same numbers.

[Dius]

in WvW

Lonny.9873

It seems like the culling issues are dependant on overall server load. Some days you can play more or less without bigger issues and on other days ist just a pain in the kitten #8230;

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in WvW

Lonny.9873

Not too far away from reality
We usually run 2 Guards, 2 Mesmer + X

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief