About the new poll

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

As has been explained multiple times, the devs have already said that the “no vote” entries are going to be discarded in the final count. The arithmetic is very simple. Out of the actual votes, simultaneous currently has a 78.6% share.

Oh. Forgot about that! Thanks. That’s awesome news.

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As has been explained multiple times, the devs have already said that the “no vote” entries are going to be discarded in the final count. The arithmetic is very simple. Out of the actual votes, simultaneous currently has a 78.6% share.

Dont trust the devs with math though. The poll is missing 0.1%.

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Also I doubt we would ever get a new map if DBL was shot down.

So…you believe Anet would virtually stomp their feet, frown, and take their ball and go home if we voted down the DBL?

We already had another poll on that, and people voted almost 2-1 to keep dbls, so that’s a moot point anymore.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Also I doubt we would ever get a new map if DBL was shot down.

So…you believe Anet would virtually stomp their feet, frown, and take their ball and go home if we voted down the DBL?

We already had another poll on that, and people voted almost 2-1 to keep dbls, so that’s a moot point anymore.

This… the map will come back, it is only a matter how at this point. Granted, I would guess is simultaneous does not happen there will be a segment of unhappy people who voted to keep DBL hoping specifically for simultaneous borderlands setup.

But if that happens, then there is no fault in anyone but people who took that risk… however, at the end of the day that is just how the cookie crumbled if we end up in that situation. I among several others probably, cast their votes more based on potential than immediate impact. Of course this is just me speculating though.

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Yea, I really don’t care which option wins, I just thought that the mixed bls was a better compromise for those that hated dbls, and I voted for that. But, I got to enjoy dbls just after their tweaks and right before Anet pulled them, so I am personally good with both bls, either mixed or on a quarterly rotation.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yuppers, garri ne outer/inner wall, hills mid outer/inner wall, hills north outer/inner wall if positioned properly, bay south outer/se inner wall. Also blue keep in ebg on and east and west sides, but not red or green keeps.

Actually you can cata outer and inner of green keep from Jerrifer’s Sentry.

Well you can treb too, was thinking more of if the catas were up on the first wall.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

“Most” of the people actually want them around according to the polls and most stuff I’m reading.

No. The correct conclusion is that most of the people (I’d say roughtly 70 percent) who stopped playing because of DBL when HoT was released, have never come back, hence the recent poll result.

Anet should care about the players still remaining, not the ones long gone. Mentioning that people who quit would make a difference in the pool result is moot point since these people don’t even play the game anymore.

That would be true if population levels were ok. But they’re not. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re close to the point where the game mode is not even worth supporting. Look at how much server merging is being done right now. And still population levels are low. Remember that GW2 also has PvE. Maybe if they shifted all the WvW devs and server resources into PvE, they might get more customers? Someone at Anet is surely thinking about this.

The alternative is to get more new players, but GW2’s reputation is pretty bad overall so we’re probably talking about a small trickle of new players.

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

“Most” of the people actually want them around according to the polls and most stuff I’m reading.

No. The correct conclusion is that most of the people (I’d say roughtly 70 percent) who stopped playing because of DBL when HoT was released, have never come back, hence the recent poll result.

Anet should care about the players still remaining, not the ones long gone. Mentioning that people who quit would make a difference in the pool result is moot point since these people don’t even play the game anymore.

That would be true if population levels were ok. But they’re not. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re close to the point where the game mode is not even worth supporting. Look at how much server merging is being done right now. And still population levels are low. Remember that GW2 also has PvE. Maybe if they shifted all the WvW devs and server resources into PvE, they might get more customers? Someone at Anet is surely thinking about this.

The alternative is to get more new players, but GW2’s reputation is pretty bad overall so we’re probably talking about a small trickle of new players.

All 5 of the wvw support team? That’s all WvW has and it’s more than we ever had.

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

You’re hilarious blaming Desert BL as the sole cause for people quitting the game. You realize people quit playing because the game gets stale, even WvW. Some people I know only play for PvP or WvW or PvE. I enjoy all of the content, but it gets boring. Moreover players get upset when their favorite classes get wrecked every other patch. They get tired of being jerked around and having to learn new classes or relearn their mains.

HoT added a great many things to the game. New story content, new maps, new armor/weapon stats, new traitlines, new skills… the newness changed a lot of things. It changed the meta. They’ve been balancing the power of the classes, but it’s still a wreck.

About the new poll

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

You’re hilarious blaming Desert BL as the sole cause for people quitting the game. You realize people quit playing because the game gets stale, even WvW. Some people I know only play for PvP or WvW or PvE. I enjoy all of the content, but it gets boring. Moreover players get upset when their favorite classes get wrecked every other patch. They get tired of being jerked around and having to learn new classes or relearn their mains.

HoT added a great many things to the game. New story content, new maps, new armor/weapon stats, new traitlines, new skills… the newness changed a lot of things. It changed the meta. They’ve been balancing the power of the classes, but it’s still a wreck.

For some players it was the sole reason they left the game. This is not saying there are not plenty of reasons other players left the game. If you read back through the forums,yes, players came to these very forums and stated the DBL as the reason they were leaving the game. They also had players coming back to these forums when they brought back ABL stating that was the only reason they returned and thanking them.

When players are saying " players quit the game over the DBL" they are speaking of the players who left the game over the DBL, not the players who left for other reasons.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY