Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

the players who have alts is going to get 5 easy ranks for each alt. as a player who doesnt have any alts i want a 10 rank boost scrool. thank you

“All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.

The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account."

;)

i am talking about the first 5 ranks which are easier

Rank WXP required for next rank
1 1000
2 1000
3 1000
4 2000
5+ 5000

Yes I know, they are referring to Wxp, not Wranks, so basically they will take all wxp your characters have made and apply it to your account.

example :

I have 2 char rank 10 = my account will be rank 16 ( not 20 )

Correct, that is exactly how it will work.

So we’re getting a global rank of the total sum of our wxp on all our characters and not just the highest rank we have? Thats pretty cool. I thought it was just going to set the account rank to the highest rank on our account.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Thank you Devon and team for doing this. My 8 characters are happy too!1

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Thank you Devon and team for doing this. My 8 characters are happy too!1

My 17 will be happy if it works out the way I hope =D

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

One of the best updates of the year by far, thanks Anet for listening to us and making WXP account bound (I can’t wait for it to be implemented in game!).

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

One of the best updates of the year by far, thanks Anet for listening to us and making WXP account bound (I can’t wait for it to be implemented in game!).

For me is THE BEST update of the year. ;D Thx ANet.

Another cool change would be if they take out the PVE content inside WvW.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I think it’s pretty unfair to not reset wxp ranks to about 100.. I mean there were so many arguments when you reseted fractal lvls back to 30 that you would do the same with wxp… you don’t I’m really dissapointed… how can I Keep up with palyers that now have a accwide high rank with more skills… ? You should let everyone start on even footage every season and reset the ranks… otherwise it’s just unfair because ppl have an Advantage starting in the season over ppl that just Play the Content. You took hours and hours of work I could have invested in wxp when you released the fractal update. you took away my work.. I want now to kindly request that you could set me on equal footage to the hardcore wvw Players… I mean whats the Problem they had fun playing wvw they didn’t do it for some number, did they?

" I mean there were so many arguments when you reseted fractal lvls back to 30 that you would do the same with wxp… "
Please do state arguments other that “it’s unfair for me”…
Fractals :
- At some point of the game it was pretty easy to get to 80 – they made it more difficult without resetting the levels of people who had it easy… having a ranking system would be useless if the ranks were not gained on equal footing
- They made further changes to fractals above level 30 that made it so higher levels would be even more challenging to get

WvW
- They did not change anything that makes it harder to get ranks. It is now easier than ever to get WvW ranks. They doubled WxP gained for actions some time ago, they added Wxp boosters and liquid WxP… Getting ranks before was a real achievement – today, it’s like nothing – in one play session, unless scouting/upping structures, I easily get from three to eight levels while I used to hardly make 1 or 2.
- The loot used to be crappy (chest : one blueprint and one blue item – lords killed, whith luck, a green, most of the time useless grey stuff, sometimes badges). They are improving it, which is good, but people who played WvW before were really doing it out of passion (while fractals have, as far as I can tell, always been rewarding – Just think about ascended, we long only could get them in fractals).
- It used to be almost impossible to do dailies / monthly in WvW (no WvW group events, no WvW activities in dailies), thus hardcore WvWers of old don’t have much laurels (oh, here’s an idea – why not give new players that just bought the game the laurels they didn’t have a chance to get? It isn’t fair they can’t get to par with people who play since release! and while we are at it – why not give achievement points to newbies too – or cancel achievement points gotten before the AP chests introduction – new players can’t catch-up with players of old! Come on, it’s the game… players who chose PvE or PvP over WvW had advantages WvW players didn’t have (loot, AP, glory) – it is logical that WvWers have some advantages too)

Plus, what do you do of people who used laurels to up their ranks? Refund them their laurels every season? The WvWers who didn’t get much laurels because they were only playing WvW would be mad… plus, they used their few laurels on ascended stuff, since they are far from high in fractals…

So, I’m returning your question : why penalize players who played WvW when it was totally unrewarding in the advantage of people who come to it now that it is starting to get rewarding?

Just do some K-train, if you’re so much feeling like your rank is too low…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

~Snip~

Word… and I am a new player to WvW.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Great news thank you for listening to the players

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

WVW ranks shouldn’t even exist in the first place. It only adds a higher gap between existing players and new players. Which makes this game unfriendly to beginners. And the siege buffs forcing everyone to go bunker heavy if they want get keeps that are defended.

Wxp is a result of anet taking the easy road when it came down to wvw content. They just made it to show some progress. It was never good for the game, just like ascended gear.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

take out the PVE content inside WvW.

This.

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

On the off chance that Devon is still reading this thread I’ll copy/paste my comment from another thread.

“All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.”
I’m curious as to whether or not they’re going to include the WXP earned by characters that have been deleted.
For example, I had a level 80 human warrior that I played a bunch of WvW with but decided he looked terrible and much preferred the charr equivalent and created a new warrior. I just deleted the human just over a fortnight ago since he was just wasted space.
I’ll certainly feel slightly annoyed if his WXP didn’t count. But then again, it would technically be my fault for deleting him.
That said, I am definitely looking forward to this change. Might even put a little guard leech on my ranger… Sweet, sweet condition damage.

That is… a good question. I have deleted 2 level 80 characters not long ago, who had some ranks. Might be worth it.

Will never happen. A deleted char is a deleted entry. And the decision (of anet) has been take to late, to even think about stocking all info about deleted char wxp. Your world xp vanished. It’s also hard enough as it is to implement a bug free thing that will add all wxp of characters in one pool, let alone trying to do very complex things like ‘adding non existant wxp’ to the pool (nonexistant as your char is gone).

I don’t wanna make you sad, but this will probably what they tell you. Kind your own fault of deleting a lvl 80. You knew the drill back then.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I don’t wanna make you sad, but this will probably what they tell you. Kind your own fault of deleting a lvl 80. You knew the drill back then.

The drill back then was “We’ll never change it to account wide WXP”, that changed after I deleted my character.

I’m well aware that hoping that they have statistics for account earned WXP (it’s entirely possible that they keep track of this behind the scenes, by the way) is perhaps too hopeful, but “All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.” did sound like that’s what they had.

I wouldn’t make a fuss either way, I just wanted to know so that I could plan my builds based on how many WXP points I would have.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Account-wide WXP Ranks – just another Anet lie?

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Takes time to write, test and roll out code. That is why most devs HATE talking about upcoming features/fixes since everyone expects that it will come online yesterday.

My guess is the next big patch but it could be a 2014 time frame not a 1Q 2014 time frame. We know it is coming just not when.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Relax, it’s not as easy as flipping a switch and it gets done.
They’re currently focused on eotm map, account exp will probably be the priority after that.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

honest question…is there even a WvW dev anymore? devon hasnt posted anything in over a month?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Grumpdogg.6910

They have multiple teams of people working on pointless living story updates. I doubt anyone is even assigned to fixing their WXP mistake yet.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

Takes time to write, test and roll out code.

Yeah, but Anet only does 2 of those things.

Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The vast majority of the code they write is very solid. All complex systems have bugs. Every MMO has bugs. In my experience in over a dozen MMOs, GW2 ranks among the best in terms of stability and has fewer bugs than most.

I am a 25 year veteran in software development so my tolerance for software issues is pretty high but fortunately GW2 has rarely tested it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Account-wide WXP Ranks – just another Anet lie?

They very clearly said it was going to take some time before this was released. Calm your….kittens.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

They’re currently focused on eotm map.

Mediocre map filled with siege. Siege, siege, siege, siege, siege, and the occasional NPC. Honestly, I’d rather them focus on account-bound wexp over that train wreck.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The vast majority of the code they write is very solid. All complex systems have bugs. Every MMO has bugs. In my experience in over a dozen MMOs, GW2 ranks among the best in terms of stability and has fewer bugs than most.

GW2 ranks as the worst for me, their testing is clearly totally inadeqate and if you have the experience you say you do you should acknowledge that. A public test server is required.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Mediocre map filled with siege. Siege, siege, siege, siege, siege, and the occasional NPC. Honestly, I’d rather them focus on account-bound wexp over that train wreck.

See I hate this. People ask for a new map and a solution to long queues, and this is the answer to both. EoTM will have overflows so there are no queues, something people have cried for since release. People want new maps as well, well heres a new map.

Sure it may not be perfect but the thing is, people complain about this and that, only to complain about the solution. I guess there will always be something to whine about.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

(edited by Moderator)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

See I hate this. People ask for a new map and a solution to long queues, and this is the answer to both. EoTM will have overflows so there are no queues, something people have cried for since release. People want new maps as well, well heres a new map.

Sure it may not be perfect but the thing is, people complain about this and that, only to complain about the solution. I guess there will always be something to whine about.

It’s fairly possible that you’re right…. People wanted less Q’s they’re getting less Q’s. People wanted more maps, they’re getting another map… People wanted more balance, and they’re getting more balance.
But, nobody wanted a new map that has Nothing to do with WvW. That’s what it is, the scores don’t carry over, the already anonymous enemy doesn’t carry over, and the people you’re fighting beside you might see them once. That doesn’t really sound like a solution people should want.
Btw: Nobody asked for them to monitor the PvP matchup thread with 20% of their moderators either.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

(edited by Moderator)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Sure it may not be perfect but the thing is, people b#tch and complain about this and that, only to b#tch and complain about the solution. I guess there will always be something to whine about.

It’s fairly possible that you’re right…. People wanted less Q’s they’re getting less Q’s. People wanted more maps, they’re getting another map… People wanted more balance, and they’re getting more balance.
But, nobody wanted a new map that has Nothing to do with WvW. That’s what it is, the scores don’t carry over, the already anonymous enemy doesn’t carry over, and the people you’re fighting beside you might see them once. That doesn’t really sound like a solution people should want.
Btw: Nobody asked for them to monitor the PvP matchup thread with 20% of their moderators either.

You really think it wise to make a map with overflows count towards the score? That just makes the strong servers stronger. I don’t even want to think about the outcry if that happened, and tbh, i’d be with them.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You really think it wise to make a map with overflows count towards the score?

Course it isn’t but its also why it isn’t a fix to the queue issue.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

The official response is ‘soon’.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Don’t expect it until March at the earliest. The info from ANet has always been “once the current Living Story arc is concluded”, of which there are four more in the Scarlet story. The LS resumes on Jan 21st, so that’s 8 weeks before they’ll likely start rolling out the new major features. (And even then, don’t expect everything to be released in one big patch. EotM and Account Wide WXP will probably come first, since that’s been in the works for a while, followed by the PvP/PvE rewards merge, then other stuff.)

Of course, ANet could surprise us and release it earlier, but if you don’t get your hopes up too early, you won’t be disappointed.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

they already wrote a code what collect every gold, karma etc from characters and put in a pool. i think they want to give us every wvw updates at the same time. i dont like this, but the little kidos will be as happy as at xmas

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I don’t see how writing code for account bound world experience would be even a tenth as hard as some of the code they have had to write for other stuff in this game. They have mentioned they want testing and stuff but I think that for the moment they have other issues that they believe are of higher priority than account bound world experience.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

+1
Rofl

Signature material.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

June/July hopefully

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

ESO ships at 14/4/4. So to me its very obvious when the next WvW patch will go live. Dont expect anything until end of march.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

ESO ships at 14/4/4. So to me its very obvious when the next WvW patch will go live. Dont expect anything until end of march.

lol but true, I expect a big carrot.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Sure it may not be perfect but the thing is, people b#tch and complain about this and that, only to b#tch and complain about the solution. I guess there will always be something to whine about.

You really think it wise to make a map with overflows count towards the score? That just makes the strong servers stronger. I don’t even want to think about the outcry if that happened, and tbh, i’d be with them.

No I don’t think it would be a good thing. However I don’t think people really wanted EOTM either… What people want is fairly simple, a Q system that works (FIFO)… However of course Anet doesn’t handle criticism well and as soon as the FIFO Q is implemented people would be complaining that there is still a Q until Anet implemented something like EOTM…

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Grumpdogg.6910

Unfortunately the evidence mounts. Arenanet stated that the account-bound WXP change would be tested as part of the Edge of the Mists map testing.

The Edge of the Mists testing has been “concluded”. These WXP changes were not tested…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Unfortunately the evidence mounts. Arenanet stated that the account-bound WXP change would be tested as part of the Edge of the Mists map testing.

The Edge of the Mists testing has been “concluded”. These WXP changes were not tested…

Anet doesnt care about WvW. Thats no news. In 500+ days of GW2 there were 2 (in words TWO) “real” WvW updates: (i) WXP and (ii) ruins.

WXP is something most other RVR based games have from the beginning. It doesnt change a thing besides making siege even stronger.

Ruins are a complete joke. They look great but the mechanics are aweful. There’s no personal reward (WXP) in capping ruins + you cannot flip bloodlust buffs alone. You have to coordinate all roamers in the ruins which barely ever happens on my server. So long story short ruins are empty most of the times. The best part of the ruins are the two guards for an extra 200 WXP. O_o

EOTM again will not change a thing about WvW contents. Its another map which is not connected to the rest of WvW.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

devon hasnt posted anything in over a month?

Maybe because he’s working on things such as account-wide WXP.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

They have been on holidays, give them some time…I’m impatient to finally have this but really, give them to get back to work and make sure we won’t lose 20+ ranks when they do this (Oh I’m sure there will be bugs with losing ranks and people who completely forgot that the first 4 ranks only need 1k WXP).

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Grumpdogg.6910

Another patch, another lie.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Here’s what the WvW patch content looks like:

• Acct-bound ranks
  • EotM
  • Season 2
  • Nerf to crit damage and castration of Celestial gear because math is hard

So we get a QoL improvement that should have been in the SECOND WvW ranks were implemented, a supremely mediocre new map filled with siege, an ill-conceived stat re-balancing that only encourages the largely broken condi meta, and the next season of server-stacking and coverage wars. Best part is that we’re most likely waiting until March/April for any of this to be implemented.

One for four isn’t that bad, though, is it?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The one part time intern working on the coding for all wvw changes was intimidated by the 200 staff working full time on living world updates and is currently off on stress leave- there are no plans to replace her and so any and all wvw changes will be ‘soon’…..

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

I <3 WvW. Thank you A-Net. Looking forward for what’s in store.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I <3 WvW. Thank you A-Net. Looking forward for what’s in store.

Me too, Muramasa. Me too.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Grumpdogg.6910

It’s a shame they won’t admit their lie on their own site, but at least it’s out there now.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/30/guild-wars-2-edge-of-the-mists-qanda-with-devon-carver/

While account-bound World XP was originally intended to go live along with EotM, the highly anticipated change will not be making it into next week’s release.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It’s a shame they won’t admit their lie on their own site, but at least it’s out there now.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/30/guild-wars-2-edge-of-the-mists-qanda-with-devon-carver/

While account-bound World XP was originally intended to go live along with EotM, the highly anticipated change will not be making it into next week’s release.

To be fair they never actually confirmed that WXP would be released with EotM.
The only thing they have ever said was that it would be TESTED together with EotM. But I suppose claiming that they are lying gives a better effect.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

To be fair they never actually confirmed that WXP would be released with EotM.
The only thing they have ever said was that it would be TESTED together with EotM. But I suppose claiming that they are lying gives a better effect.

Testing something with EOTM suggests that it either works and thus comes out with it, or doesn’t work and that we would be told about that instead.

As such, the reason people are suspicious is because of a lack of communication. If people were simply told “we tried and had trouble”, which was what they said about changing the WvW achievements, then people would probably be fine with it.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Testing something with EOTM suggests that it either works and thus comes out with it, or doesn’t work and that we would be told about that instead.

As such, the reason people are suspicious is because of a lack of communication. If people were simply told “we tried and had trouble”, which was what they said about changing the WvW achievements, then people would probably be fine with it.

No, what would have happened if they have told us that they had trouble with it (which is fully possibly that they will actually say at the live-stream later today) people would shout about how incompetent and useless they are and how they can’t do anything right, like always.

The best thing would simply be to not say anything about anything until it was released.
But that would make people complain about them not telling us anything. So they can’t really win.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The WxP change probably failed testing and got pulled from the release. When your release date can’t slip, you have to make tough decisions. A low-risk decision is to pull the feature until it’s ready.

It’s not a big deal and I have a hard team believing that WvW satisfaction relies on having the WxP feature NOW NOW NOW.

Be happy that they are moving in a good direction with some of these features, and that those features are in the works.

I agree with a previous poster that some Players just want to complain, and will do it regardless of what ANet does. I wish there was a filter for that noise…

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Marquis.7412

Marquis.7412

So, this change was announced months ago ( https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/ ) ……

Any ETA on when it’ll actually make it into the game?