Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

the players who have alts is going to get 5 easy ranks for each alt. as a player who doesnt have any alts i want a 10 rank boost scrool. thank you

“All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.

The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account."

;)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Woodsman Silencio.9361

Woodsman Silencio.9361

Thank you so much Anet for this change, instead of 8 characters between level 30 and 40 i wil now be just over level 250.
And even better: i can spend it differently across my characters so if i feel like defending i can grab a strong defender character, if i feel like killing off the oppositions dolyaks i can grab the alt that’s been progressed for that etc etc etc. I am very excited about this chance.

Once again thanks Anet for making this happen.

Co-founder and Co-leader of: Global Guild of Dark.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

in a word, YES!!!!!!!!
What can I say, I have 11 characters

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Honestly, thank you so much Anet. This makes my gameplay so much more diverse and WvW so much more enjoyable

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

HOORAY! Finally, after pestering them since Wexp came out, they have seen the light.

Thank you Devon for manning up and admitting char bound was wrong and getting the devs to change their minds. Hats off to you!

Now if only I could move my just under 200 ranks from this account (and the two remaining toons- might have lost another 100 from the alts I deleted, but that’s life) from this account to my other one, along with all the gem bought items and account bound stuff (like the remaining 2.7m karma), I’d be a truely happy camper (some people are just never satisfied..).

Oh well, as it is this will net me around 100 ranks but the more important things is that I will finally be able to play my alts and feel rewarded- which was the main reasoning behind what we have been asking for all this time.

Now if we can get regular rank point resets, even from the gem store at 450 gems for 5 like boosters, for when people decide to change their toon, that can be the next step.

Thank you Devon, you have made my day.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Thank you so much for this, this news made me really happy.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

<— WvW Gods feared me, I grant you account bound wxp.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

Another step in the right direction, I like it.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Nice, finally a bit of alt-friendliness.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: SIXMO.7042

SIXMO.7042

the players who have alts is going to get 5 easy ranks for each alt. as a player who doesnt have any alts i want a 10 rank boost scrool. thank you

The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account."

;)

i am talking about the first 5 ranks which are easier

Rank WXP required for next rank
1 1000
2 1000
3 1000
4 2000
5+ 5000

the world is yours

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Bandersnatch.7983

Bandersnatch.7983

WvW player: I answer right, you give me treat? It good deal.
ANet Dev: I will now attempt to read your mind! There. All done.
WvW player: What? No! You can’t read minds. It not possible!
ANet Dev: I just did, and I saw everything. All your thoughts.
WvW player: No, it not possible! If you read my mind, what you see there, hmm? What you see?
ANet Dev: Account shared World XP.
WvW player: (gasp) You read miiiinds!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

;)

1 1000
2 1000
3 1000
4 2000
5+ 5000

WXP is going to share a pool, not #levels. It is different as I won’t matter who has more alts.
Great news this morning

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

;)

1 1000
2 1000
3 1000
4 2000
5+ 5000

Yes I know, they are referring to Wxp, not Wranks, so basically they will take all wxp your characters have made and apply it to your account.

example :

I have 2 char rank 10 = my account will be rank 16 ( not 20 )

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

WvW player: I answer right, you give me treat? It good deal.
ANet Dev: I will now attempt to read your mind! There. All done.
WvW player: What? No! You can’t read minds. It not possible!
ANet Dev: I just did, and I saw everything. All your thoughts.
WvW player: No, it not possible! If you read my mind, what you see there, hmm? What you see?
ANet Dev: Account shared World XP.
WvW player: (gasp) You read miiiinds!

+1 for that

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

You know what this means do you lads? If we nag about something long enough… we will get it!

Can we get free ascended for each character in WvW? O_O

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Falleo.1362

Falleo.1362

support new WXP change gj anet. now nerf or cut dredge fracal pls

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

When i first thought Acc bound WXP rank, this was my little concern about it but;

If you have carefully read, they wont add up ranks, they wil add wxp. So if you have 2 level 5 char, it will not make total 10.It will exactly make 6 ranks total. First 4 rank is equal to 1 after-5-rank

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

This… is… GREAT! Like really awesome. My day just got better by 70%

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Kurppa.9473

Kurppa.9473

Made my day, ty anet.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Thank you very much.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

This is Awsome news means you can actually level an alt in wvw and still be effective

[WM]give us in game ladder

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

Oh wow.. never thought ANet will be willing to back track on this. Brought gems in support immediately upon reading the news.

Thank you again ArenaNet.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

I could have sworn they said they were not going to make wxp account bound in a past thread or something. Either way, I’m extremely excited about this. Thanks for listening to your WvW community, ANET. The arena in the JP for GvG, the new overflow maps and now this? Keep up the good work.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Switch.4892

Switch.4892

Would this change by any chance come with a rank point reset?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Thank you Arenanet and thank you to everyone who has pushed this idea. The playerbase, in conjunction with commonsense, has won a great victory today.

Long may we champion sensible causes and find success.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Make this happen Anet, ASAP.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Big thanx! And something else nice for 15 letters.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

Excellent call ANet.
Very glad you are making your game more alt friendly!

When the word was out, every WvWer I talked to about it were very happy about this upcoming change, one step forward to make WvW a better game.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Darkstorn.5423

Darkstorn.5423

kitten yes Devon! This is how the game should keep progressing. The playerbase has been asking for a long time to make the Wxp system account bound as it was a serious deterrent to having multiple alts.
And you delivered while recognizing (in the long run) that the character bound Wxp system and your constant reminding of us that this is how it is and it will not change no matter what was a mistake on your part.
But this is exactly what gives me hope. It was a mistake as many of us pointed out and the change in the system is a recognition of that (no matter how you may dress it up it kinda is). So we have a game that the developers listen to the players and actively admit if they messed something up, even though it took a looooooooong time to get there.
So in short i am looking forward to how the rest of the game continues and how CDI will help it go forward!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Happy Thanksgiving! Whoop! Whoop!

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

As most, I’m really happy to see that this change will eventually take place.
Don’t know what changed in Anet’s management, but I’m thrilled to see that you are more and more leaning towards what your playerbase wants.
Keep it going!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I like the change tho I do have a concern.

The only reason I play my ele right now is because it has all my wxp, once ranks become account bound I will play only my warrior, along with probably everyone else.

Class disparity in WvW is only going to get worse.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I wonder if it’ll be possible to still keep the amount of WXP earned by each character as a value with no effect, for reference.

Or at least something like the PvP victory/profession chart that indicates how much of the account’s WXP was earned by each profession.

In any case, this is great news.I have lots of WXP spread among several characters.
Having to choose one character among many was not fun.
Choice. The problem is choice.
Not having to choose anymore, no more problem!
And now I’ll be able to have different characters for different tasks. A camp rider, a mercenary recruiter, a siegemaster, a defense expert, a logistics expert…

Nice.

Now we just need to unlock commander separately for PvE and WvW, the WvW one requiring Badges of Honor and a minimum rank, the PvE requiring something unique to open world PvE like having done world bosses enough times successfully, then make them account wide, or paying just a bit extra for any extra characters instead full price; plus a few other improvements to commander, and we’ll be cookin’ something reeaaally nice.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I like the change tho I do have a concern.

The only reason I play my ele right now is because it has all my wxp, once ranks become account bound I will play only my warrior, along with probably everyone else.

Class disparity in WvW is only going to get worse.

Luckily most others feel exactly the opposite- it will encourage them to try different classes for different roles without having to worry about wasting W exp.

For instance, having stuck on my engi for the past few weeks and got him to rank 350+, I can now play my other loves (weird necro support build and sort of zerker LB/SB ranger being two of them) as well as swopping out to my other toons as required. If we need a mesmer, it’s now no problem to switch across (queues apart) as i won’t feel like it’s wasted time.

I’m looking forward to finding out how much difference the guard buffs make to my necro build:-)

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Well i for one am happy with the upcomming changes.

A unique overflow map to keep people entertained, we’ll have to see how that is like but it would have to be a massive kitten up if its worst then simply not playing and staring at a queue.

And now WXP acountbound. I mean, finally. And what happend to “nope, not doing it” huh?
Well im glad you changed your mind afterall and im looking forward to it. Its a great change. Now i can play my alts more without missing my siege masteries.

Along with the pulling of the Flamekissed armor from the gemstore and taking it back to the drawingboard. Aswell as offering refunds if people who bought it already do not like the new look. Aswell as acountwide fractal ranks.
Its hard to say that arenanet hasnt listened to community feedback recently.

But i will still drum up old issues for WvW. Such as lacking in reward (no runes, no sigils, lack of ascended, lack of itemization options, lack of skin options, lack of any kind of cool WvW skin, low lootdrop, low income).

And please start caring a little about WvW balance. No one is expecting a perfect knife-edge balance. But things such as Perplexity runes, and builds that basicly one-shot players, Retaliation, to name a few. Are things that should be looked at, and given special WvW treatment, to create a better overall balance in WvW.

And yes, this means skills/builds might work a bit different in pve, and wvw, and spvp. I dont mind, the players that are invested in that game mode will learn and adept easily enough, and give players a skill progression.
And overall itll make the gamemode more enjoyable.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

Huuuuuuuge thanks Anet Devs. This will encourage me to play WvW on more classes than just my highest ranked character.

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

Thank you Anet and Devon, thanks for listening. We really appreciate it.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Way to stand strong on your " we will never have account bound wxp!"

I guess its an OK change. I don’t care either way. But when are you going to address real issues? Like fixing skill lag and environment exploits?

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Well i for one am happy with the upcomming changes.

A unique overflow map to keep people entertained, we’ll have to see how that is like but it would have to be a massive kitten up if its worst then simply not playing and staring at a queue.

And now WXP acountbound. I mean, finally. And what happend to “nope, not doing it” huh?
Well im glad you changed your mind afterall and im looking forward to it. Its a great change. Now i can play my alts more without missing my siege masteries.

Along with the pulling of the Flamekissed armor from the gemstore and taking it back to the drawingboard. Aswell as offering refunds if people who bought it already do not like the new look. Aswell as acountwide fractal ranks.
Its hard to say that arenanet hasnt listened to community feedback recently.

But i will still drum up old issues for WvW. Such as lacking in reward (no runes, no sigils, lack of ascended, lack of itemization options, lack of skin options, lack of any kind of cool WvW skin, low lootdrop, low income).

And please start caring a little about WvW balance. No one is expecting a perfect knife-edge balance. But things such as Perplexity runes, and builds that basicly one-shot players, Retaliation, to name a few. Are things that should be looked at, and given special WvW treatment, to create a better overall balance in WvW.

And yes, this means skills/builds might work a bit different in pve, and wvw, and spvp. I dont mind, the players that are invested in that game mode will learn and adept easily enough, and give players a skill progression.
And overall itll make the gamemode more enjoyable.

Are you really dying to retaliation? Be cause the way it works is that you kill yourself because you aren’t paying attention. That’s all on you and your lack of awareness.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Are you really dying to retaliation? Be cause the way it works is that you kill yourself because you aren’t paying attention. That’s all on you and your lack of awareness.

There have been plenty of topics on the issues with Retaliation, if you are really interested in that discussion i suggest you go there.

Might have to necro one, since bigger issues rose to the top (perplexity, warriors, conditonmancer) this issue has taken a bit of a backseat. But its still very much relevant.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Arondrinor.5307

Arondrinor.5307

Thank you Anet and Devon for listening your community. I hope we will see more altern friendly steps in future.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Yay reason wins!

Finally I can use my 360 Drops of Liquid WXP, 32 Thimbles, 1 Keg; only 1 keg
on whichever character I like atm and not worry about which one as it will not matter when this goes live.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

(edited by Omaris Mortuus Est.2738)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Daedus Wolfe.1749

Daedus Wolfe.1749

Now if only my commander tag was account bound

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Now if only my commander tag was account bound

No. NO! There would be 50 tags in a borderland that way.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Thank you very much for listening to your players, that really means a lot.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Very thankful for this news.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

While I appreciate the change, it still leaves a bitter taste. This was asked months ago and it was said “we cannot do it”. Why do you lie? Was it because it wasnt possible technologically or because you believed it was the wrong thing to do?

We never said we couldn’t do it. We said we weren’t going to do it. There is a large difference between things that we decide to do for design reasons and thing that are technical constraints. This was the former and was never stated to be the latter.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

;)

1 1000
2 1000
3 1000
4 2000
5+ 5000

Yes I know, they are referring to Wxp, not Wranks, so basically they will take all wxp your characters have made and apply it to your account.

example :

I have 2 char rank 10 = my account will be rank 16 ( not 20 )

Correct, that is exactly how it will work.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: yeosel.7902

yeosel.7902

This kind of a change warrants a gem purchase.

So what should i buy? I’m thinking a new finisher. and maybe some more bag slots

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

We never said we couldn’t do it. We said we weren’t going to do it. There is a large difference between things that we decide to do for design reasons and thing that are technical constraints. This was the former and was never stated to be the latter.

Finally we get accound-bound WXP, thank you so much!

Anyway, I wonder now why do you change your mind now about this topic. We’ve been told several times that you were never going to change character-bound to account-bound and now, without any previous notice we get it :O

~ The light of a new day