Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

As soon as the one part time intern that works on wvw coding is finished- current estimates are early 2016…or in gw2 terms, ‘soon’.
EoTM got LS’d (yes, LSD..)which is why it got done and finished – hijacked by the LS team for their own purposes (although tempted to play it just to wipe pve scrubs who will then come and moan on the forums that they can’t complete their precious achievements).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: merkator.9206

merkator.9206

Yeah WTF? Maybe I can understand if they are also making changes to the rank bonuses…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

So, this change was announced months ago ( https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/ ) ……

Any ETA on when it’ll actually make it into the game?

Not today, luul.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

If you want to find the first suggestions for account bound world XP, you have to look to before WXP was even released.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/New-WvW-progress-character-or-account-bound/first

By that measure we have been waiting 11 months.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: nikitnq.7143

nikitnq.7143

So I guess we’ll just hold on to our Wxp-in-a-jar’s a tad longer.

I hope we get this by Q3 this year.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

You can, or you can just use them all and make some space, the account bound wxp was supposed to be today but they say they still have other things to sort out.

So just use it on your main wvw character and hope this update will come within the next month.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

You can, or you can just use them all and make some space, the account bound wxp was supposed to be today but they say they still have other things to sort out.

Because they have at least to release something for WvW in the big feature patch in march.

~ Gandara

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Judging by the bug-riddled launch of today’s WvW updates, the WXP delay is a design decision not a testing decision.

They happily release bugged features regularly.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

Testing something with EOTM suggests that it either works and thus comes out with it, or doesn’t work and that we would be told about that instead.

As such, the reason people are suspicious is because of a lack of communication. If people were simply told “we tried and had trouble”, which was what they said about changing the WvW achievements, then people would probably be fine with it.

No, what would have happened if they have told us that they had trouble with it (which is fully possibly that they will actually say at the live-stream later today) people would shout about how incompetent and useless they are and how they can’t do anything right, like always.

The best thing would simply be to not say anything about anything until it was released.
But that would make people complain about them not telling us anything. So they can’t really win.

People would of fallen from their chairs in shock that we actually got some communication outta Anet. Then people would of Applauded the said Communication. Then some people would complain. Then, given the external view of all things American, some of those that had fallen from their chairs in shock would then Sue Anet, claiming personal injury and damage to property (the computer chair), as a result of previously mention shock.

Also to those claiming this is one of the least buggiest MMOs, I truly truly hate to see the other MMO’s you’ve played, because this is by far and away THE WORST I’ve played in terms of releasing buggy content.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Luffy.3412

Luffy.3412

i hope we will get wxp account bound on march 18th. ^^ pls anet it would make our alts better.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

March 18th, sounds about right, 3.5 months after announcing making wxp account bound.

Next post, “Season 2 is right around the corner. This time we have even more PVP achievements, so get out there and kill 150 boars for 10ap!”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Would be nice if we can get a confirmation on date for account bound xp.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

March 18th 2016, sounds about right, 2 years+ after announcing making wxp account bound.

Fixed to something more reasonable.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

kitten it stop necro-ing my hopes up

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Before the new league would be nice, that way everyone has applied fortitude and other guards bonusses to even thing up a bit.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

My guess is it will be with in the expansion.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Not before FOTM leader boards.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anet, why you cannot make WXP ranks account-wide now, ja?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I wish we would’ve gotten account-bound ranks instead of EotM tbqh. I’m sure ANet are holding on to account-bound wexp to release in a big LS patch so they can say “hey, we care about WvW, too, here’s what you’ve been asking for since ranks were introduced))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))”

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There were probably critical bugs with it that held up its release. I’m sure they will release it ASAP.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

If it’s not released before season 2, it’s not getting released till may.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

There were probably critical bugs with it that held up its release. I’m sure they will release it ASAP.

I doubt that very much.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Would be nice if we can get a confirmation on date for account bound xp.

Someone said December 21 2050.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

If it’s not released by season 2. I’m going to go play ESO and drop GW2 for good.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I love how squishy my new warrior is without his applied fortitude that is on my 4 other characters…still no guard leach…..oh yeah they changed the name…I wouldn’t really know because I play alts and they are punished….still punished….

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Where the kitten is the acc bound wxp. I’m getting tired of this bullkitten.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

Being saved for super duper seasons 2, undoubtedly.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Not holding my breath.

Meega Kweesta

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.3456

Blade.3456

My patience is growing very thin…

November Announcement, we are now late Feb.
Please sort this out, I see no gain for Anet/GW2 by delaying this update.

Vortex Blade – WvW Commander
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
[FirstLight] – BLACK DESERT ONLINE – EDAN http://www.firstlightgaming.com

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Anet is not delaying Account bound wxp.
They planned to put it into great feature update because they dont have anything elso for WvW

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

If it’s not released by season 2. I’m going to go play ESO and drop GW2 for good.

Is that really the only thing currently holding you back?

as in you don’t enjoy this game at all and would rather play something else but if they’d only just slightly bump the number of points you have on a few stats/abilities then the game is worth sticking around for?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Hule.8794

Nirvana is not the only one who thinks this way.

And its not because of Account bound WXP but because of the lack of support wvw.
They added EOTM which has almost nothing to do with WvW because it just dont count to server score. Yes you can go there and kill players, but then you are transformed from player from server to player for color.
Its not WvW its similiar game mode.

Party UI was fixed after a year and few months. Commander badge is still the same and no while CDI was sucesfull,at least they said so, we dont even know if something will happen.

Lack of communication is the second thing that makes people go away. Go check other topics, like sPvP or PvE and you will se a lot of responses.

Every few months there is a new guys responsible for WvW part of the game, or at least of communication. But after few days he just stops posting because players have the same questions for more than a year and still did not get any answer.

Tournament is just a joke. If you think that rank 15 can win against rank 5, you probably dont know WvW. Yes sometimes this happens but only because server with rank 5 was abandoned by wvw players or that server rank 15 got transfered a lot wvw players. but after few weeks ranks are set again and nothing than mass leaving or mass incomming wont change ranks.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Hule.8794

And still i enjoy WvW and I will play WvW but i just wont trust developers from this company anymore. Like several months ago, account bound WXP was announced. Then month ago devs posted info about postponing acc bound WXP. So we had like 2 posts about this topic in 6 months and people are still asking for news.

Like it would hurt wvw devs(if there are any) to post like once a month nice blog post about what they are doing. But again, it does not seems like they are doing much. Yes Bloodlust was nice but seems like from other devs than wvw because that has nothing common with wvw its more like they quickly transfered spvp devs to make something with wvw maps.
Masteries seems like they are more from pve not from wvw, because they are against wvw players. Now players are divided to 2 groups. With mastery and without mastery.

Many people thinks that account bound wxp will be in that big feature update this year, we dont know date of that update!! just that it will be after LS season1, and if account bound wxp wont be included in that update, many people will leave this game. Its something like test of faith. Will they do something for players in wvw or will they just forget wvw players again? Will any our suggestion be implemented or will they implement again only spvp and pve things and put them to wvw to screw us again?

Test of faith, Anet dont disappoint us.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Outside of this forum, most players simply don’t need thier hands held to enjoy a computer game.

Account bound Wxp….cool. Will be pretty neat when it gets here. In the meantime, I have stuff to do in WvW and PvE that still interests me.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

It’s like I’ve said many times. Anet cares almost completely about causals. They make up the bulk of the players and probably buy the bulk of the gems. They only make contents for the more hard core players if it can be done cost effectively.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Employed casuals with more bucks than time pay the bills. Hardcores tend to be ftp leeches.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Employed casuals with more bucks than time pay the bills. Hardcores tend to be ftp leeches.

I doubt it. I’m a hardcore. For the last several months I made a commitment to the game where I would buy a minimum of $50 worth of gems a fortnight. Often that was $100 and quite a few times I purchased $200. The thing is I am a hardcore PvPer. But I don’t have the time to grind all this PvE content before I can begin to play as a hardcore PvP player does.

But then something changed for me towards the end of January this year. The realization dawned on me. All of this money I’m investing just is not worth it. All of my money is theoretically being invested in developing living story garbage that does not appeal to me at all. Not when the one game mode I play does not get the attention it should be getting. So now I speak with my actions. Ive stopped putting money into the game. Account bound WXP will be the straw that breaks the camels back, so to speak. And if it doesn’t come very soon I’m gone. By soon I mean well before next season begins. Lesson learned. Anet does not cater nor care about its WvW community. And when I leave I will not buy another product from any company associated with this game ever again.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: PlayerOne.6795

PlayerOne.6795

Some concerns about Account Bound Wxp
Will Account Bound Wxp nerf your main characters wxp due to amount of alts?

I have a Thief lvl 80 that i have played on for the past year+ and been lvl 80. It is the only character i play wvw on. It is currently at rank 213 and that after playing 2000 hours + before ranks was introduced (without any for of wxp compensation).

Also i mostly run defence/scout/put up siege, do siegeruns/run upgrades/ or run solo or small group. So its not like my wxp progress is anywhere near fast to begin with. Or like the game has treated me fairly in terms of rewards. Sadly neither my pc system of my personal funmeter. think its fun riding the karma pvd train that you get ranks gold badges and karma from.

So my question is if my characters ranks looks like this:

Thief R213
Mesmer (lvl66, crafting alt) R2
Engineer (lvl 24) R1
Guardian (lvl44) R1
Necromancer (lvl 56, crafting alt) R1
Warrior (lvl 29) R5

What will my Account Wxp Rank look like? if i had 17 characters 1 rank 200 16 rank 1 what would my Account Wxp look like then?

Im not sure gw2 is the game for me if my personal wxp gets nerfed aswell ontop of the bad treatment Anet has been giving people with my background and playstyle already.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

PlayerOne i hope they do like this:
WvW lvl points account bound except 5first lvl with is only on 1 character, so if you have one that is 42 one 578 and one 284 then you get 42+573+279=894 skillpoints on all characters, you should still se the lvl you se now on your different characters.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Hule.8794

They already said how they will do it.
Do not count ranks but raw experience.
Example:
for rank 50 you need 50000ecperience
for rank 5 you need 5000 experience

thief with rank 50: summary of experience is 55000 so he wont gain any rank as next is on 60000
mesmer rank 5: will gain ranks accourding to his new total ammount of experience which is 55000.

So account bound WXP will just sum all your gained world experience, and every character will advance to rank according to this experience number.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Hule.8794

Shadow: it will be account bound world EXPERIENCE not account bound ranks.
Each character will have soulbound rank(because its tight to rank points distribution) based on accound wide experience points.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

So my question is if my characters ranks looks like this:

Thief R213
Mesmer (lvl66, crafting alt) R2
Engineer (lvl 24) R1
Guardian (lvl44) R1
Necromancer (lvl 56, crafting alt) R1
Warrior (lvl 29) R5

What will my Account Wxp Rank look like? if i had 17 characters 1 rank 200 16 rank 1 what would my Account Wxp look like then?

My understanding is that your wexp pool will be simply combined across all toons, then account-wide rank will be calculated based on this combined wxep pool.
If my math is correct and assuming that:
- your toons are at the start of mentioned ranks
- wexp progression and ranking will not be changed
you will end up with following:

Thief R213: (213-4)x5000 + 3×1000 + 2000 = 1050000 wexp
Mesmer (lvl66, crafting alt) R2: 2×1000 = 2000 wexp
Engineer (lvl 24) R1: 1000 wexp
Guardian (lvl44) R1: 1000 wexp
Necromancer (lvl 56, crafting alt) R1: 1000 wexp
Warrior (lvl 29) R5: 3×1000 +2000 + 5000 = 10000 wexp

Total: 1050000+2000+3x1000+10000= 1065000 wexp
Account-wide rank: 4+(1065000-5000)/5000 = 216 – Bronze Raider

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: PlayerOne.6795

PlayerOne.6795

Thanks for the answers, i must have misunderstood it. Thanks for doin the math Yaro.3251

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

So will it be included within the season patch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I’m so surprised it’s not implemented yet.

No I’m not.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

‘soon’

message body length

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I’m so surprised it’s not implemented yet.

No I’m not.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

So will it be included within the season patch?

That’s what they’re now saying (having said it would launch with EoTM). Still, I wouldn’t hold your breaths: we were promised Ascended drops in WvW for January 2013 and eventually got them in August.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

it has been 58 working days since account-bound WXP was announced

follow me on IG @yung_anime