Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I am willing to guess that most of the population would rather have the WxP patch before leagues. I would actually rather have this and a couple dozen general fixes to WvW before leagues.

I like this. Can we forego leagues altogether and get some meaningful fixes/changes to core WvW, instead of more fluff content in the form of EotM and Leagues? That’d be faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

You forget, leagues are a good way for Anet to say “Sorry because of leagues we can’t put any updates into WvW for 2 months!”, even though it’s because they don’t have anything even in the works to put in for WvW…

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I would like to play all the classes I have during seasons depending on my mood.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Announced: November 27
-
-
-
Today: March 12
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Implemented: ???

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Next week is probably the last chance for a long time. As in season 1 they did not added any features to wvw,only living stories. I guess they will do the same woth Season 2.
And Season 2 will end in 11 weeks from now.

Because Season 2 will start in 2 weeks and we have only informations about transfers and tournament style, i dont think we will see Acocund bound WXP or different commander colours sooner than 10th June.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Next week is probably the last chance for a long time. As in season 1 they did not added any features to wvw,only living stories. I guess they will do the same woth Season 2.

Because Season 2 will start in 2 weeks and we have only informations about transfers and tournament style, i dont think we will see Acocund bound WXP or different commander colours sooner than 10th June.

/ragequit

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

I’ve already stopped playing for the last few days, and will not come back to this game until wvw has account bound xp at the very least. the lack of communication/care on the dev’s part is pretty lacking in my opinion. their continued focus on lackluster pVe continues to disappoint me. There are plenty of hardcore people who do wvw/pvp that buy gems and support this game. i myself have already easily spent $200 on the gem store since launch. I’m a hardcore wvw’er with 11 level 80 toons all tailored around wvw for different needs. Anyway, i digress. I have plenty of games to play in the meantime while i wait for gw2 to show they care more about living up to their promises in a more timely and communicative fashion. Until then, stay golden my friends.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If that’s the case, I’d rather they have postponed that tournament.

And I’m not only talking about Account bound WXP or improvements to commanders, but all those freaking bugs that are just waiting to be exploited…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

We just have to remember that WvWxp consolidation just isn’t as important or easy to do as simply doing away with Glory entirely and implementing a whole new system in it’s place.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Tobin.6371

Tobin.6371

please give a date, its all I look forward to in this game.

Tj – Ele, Slacker – [IV] The Fourth Legion – r2300+ – 175k+ kills
Seafarer’s Rest Gold Veteran [IV]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Hule.8794

@Substance E well you are wrong sir with what is easier
Glory – was in game from start, that means it has been built into core of game
WXP – added after 6 months, so its more like addon that part of core game.

And you mean like Glory for sPvP is more importants that WXP for WvW. So progrress system for one game mod is more important than progress system for second mod? That removing one progress system is easier that adjusting second progress system?

I hope no dev will confirm this, that would make people ragequit

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Guys one thing to remember: they did not announced WXP accound bound release date.
Just that its posponed.

All informations about releasing it at March 28th is just players speculation.

Of course. Doesn’t change the fact that the community has been asking for account-bound ranks since they released on March 27th, 2013. Nor does it change the fact that it took ~8mo or so for them to finally realize that it was only logical for ranks to be account-bound. Nor does it change the fact that account-bound ranks were announced what, 4-5 months ago now, and the only significant WvW update we’ve seen is the wholly underwhelming EotM. It boggles my mind that PvE can get updates on a bi-weekly basis, and yet the PvP community as a whole sees changes once every 4 or so months. I mean meaningful changes, not the addition of another mastery that no one but the T1 siegemongers actually want. Don’t even get me started on the ONLY sPvP map being introduced since release being Skyhammer, a siege paradise.

For the most competitive game mode in all of GW2 we sure do get ignored the vast majority of the time.

to be fair, i’m (now) a T1 siegemonger, and i HATE the masteries. it turned a relatively strategic PvP mode into just another train farming grindfest, like PvE is.

to me, the issue here isn’t really whether WxP is account bound or not, it’s that this appears to be yet another unfulfilled promise on Anet’s part. It’s that this is a well established and consistent pattern of behavior. It’s that they’ve taken what started out as a game with all the potential in the world, and wasted every bit of that potential. It’s that they’ll just pour more focus into LS when WvW players leave to other options. Not because they believe in LS, but because it’s a tool to squeeze cash out of rubes and they’ll need to make up the losses somewhere. It’s that they clearly value short term financial gains over the long term health of their product. It’s that there is ample evidence of all of this in their behavior over the past year and a half.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Hule.8794

I dont take it like the did not fulfilled promise, i take it like they added something not complete and did not bother to complete it.
In last year we have seen few thing with this schema:
-WXP , players did post about making it accound bound, because of alts.
-masteries – players were concerned that its just another vertical progression, or power spike, and it is, because ram mastery is too powerfull, even one superior AC cannot kill one ram on wooden gate, that is just bad
-traps, only 2 traps introduced, and well only one is really viable, some people use stealth trap, but its not so great for groups, but it should be easy to implement new traps
-commander, from beta players are asking to improve this, yet we have seen zero attempt to do it, exect CDI with no result
-grouping, after 14 months they finally fixed party UI(i still think it was just because LS – EOTM, and EOTM was nothing more that plea to PvE guys)
-bugs and exploits, there are known exploits and players were reporting them from beta, yet Longview is still without gate, Jeriffers is still buged, players still stuck at siege

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Substance E.4852

@Substance E well you are wrong sir with what is easier
Glory – was in game from start, that means it has been built into core of game
WXP – added after 6 months, so its more like addon that part of core game.

And you mean like Glory for sPvP is more importants that WXP for WvW. So progrress system for one game mod is more important than progress system for second mod? That removing one progress system is easier that adjusting second progress system?

I hope no dev will confirm this, that would make people ragequit

It makes me sad that you missed the obvious sarcasm of my post.

Glory isn’t part of the “core” of the game. It’s just a reward system. No more complicated than WvWxp or karma. The point of the joke is that they don’t care about WvW but will not only focus all balance around spvp, they will apparently take a similar change to reward points and make it a reality in as little time as they can.

Meanwhile, we’re still waiting for word of when we can even expect wvwxp consolidation to happen since it’s obviously not gonna be before season 2 unless they want the season to open with a deluge of crippling bugs.

It’s Spvp>PvE>WvW and always will be.

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

I would like to be sure of something.

with the wvw account bounded, lets say i’am lvl 200 but

• I have 200 to use PER character, so if i have 5 character, for all 5 i’am going to be able to use 200 points ?
  • Or i have 200 point in total to use across my 5 characters ? so i can only do like 40 points per characters ?

My main wvw char is level 685; wxp across all other chars equates to 123. These totals will be combined raising my level to 808 across all chars. This is my understanding of how the system will work.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I would like to be sure of something.

with the wvw account bounded, lets say i’am lvl 200 but

• I have 200 to use PER character, so if i have 5 character, for all 5 i’am going to be able to use 200 points ?
  • Or i have 200 point in total to use across my 5 characters ? so i can only do like 40 points per characters ?

My main wvw char is level 685; wxp across all other chars equates to 123. These totals will be combined raising my level to 808 across all chars. This is my understanding of how the system will work.

Nope, Immagine it like a pool, all the wxp you made on your chars will be merged togheter, but don’t forget that the first 5 ranks are easier than the rest.

practically you will be between rank 770/790

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

^like that indeed

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Gwenlidel.2736

Gwenlidel.2736

Same here. Plz Anet, before season 2…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

March 18

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

March 18 is my guess.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

They done it minimum a month ago just not release it.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Account bound WXP

in WvW

eithinan.9841

^^^until anet says it it means nothing

Account bound WXP

in WvW

eithinan.9841

^^^until anet says it it means nothing

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

A promise it’s a promise.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/
by Devon Carver on November 27, 2013
“We want to get this change out to everyone in a timely manner, but it’s a complicated change that we want to test thoroughly before releasing.”

OK, test it thoroughly. Very, very thoroughly.
Just… you know, it’s 15th March 2014 — more than 3 months passed…

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Substance E.4852

“We want to get this change out to everyone in a timely manner, but it’s a complicated change that we want to test thoroughly before releasing.”

It better be pristine, with 0 bugs demonstrating the rigorous amount of testing performed by their QA team.

Or it will be a worm infested apple of an update that was slapped together a week before it finally gets here because they simply forgot all about it and it’s at the bottom of the team’s To Do pile.

Not entirely sure which is more likely…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

It better be pristine, with 0 bugs demonstrating the rigorous amount of testing performed by their QA team.

Or it will be a worm infested apple of an update that was slapped together a week before it finally gets here because they simply forgot all about it and it’s at the bottom of the team’s To Do pile.

They can test till the cows come home, but it’ll still be buggy.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Substance E.4852

They can test till the cows come home, but it’ll still be buggy.

Only Anet could take 4 months to do something they have already done (not fundamentally different than Karma/Wallet consolidation) and still mess it up.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

This is the reason sub fees in MMOs exist. kitten like this just doesn’t fly with subscribers.
Zero accountability.
GW2 likely set the B2P model back several years.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: adil.1804

adil.1804

I think you should do and write something about this hacking issue

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

the tourny date is approaching…better have a statement or something ready real soon

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Account bound WXP

in WvW

eithinan.9841

This is the reason sub fees in MMOs exist. kitten like this just doesn’t fly with subscribers.
Zero accountability.
GW2 likely set the B2P model back several years.

your delusional. all mmo’s have buggy patches. I remember WOW and SWTOR both being down over 24 hours after major patches when they had a sub.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Ye, I am quite dismayed at the length of time it’s taking to implement such a simple-looking change. It leaves me wondering if there will ever be fixes to a lot of WvW’s major problems.

My optimistic(!) guess is that we will have to wait for Guild Wars 3 to get the improvements to WvW-style gameplay that we all want to see.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

the tourny date is approaching…better have a statement or something ready real soon

They won’t, all MMO’s have technical issues and bugs thats a given but none have a complete lack of respect for their players base and has so little passion towards the mode of the game they are in charge of as the WvW team. I would be embarassed if I had these guys working for me, it seems Anet has yet to realize the action (or lack there of) of a few reflect on the many. Anet’s neame is being dragged through the mud, 5 years from now some people will remember the name Devon Carver but everyone will remember the name Anet.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Hey now, guys, don’t be so impatient – it’s been only 4 months… Remember 7(or was it 8 ) months ago when they mentioned they’ll fix the unrealistic WvW achievments before Christmas?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Substance E.4852

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Ye, I am quite dismayed at the length of time it’s taking to implement such a simple-looking change. It leaves me wondering if there will ever be fixes to a lot of WvW’s major problems.

My optimistic(!) guess is that we will have to wait for Guild Wars 3 to get the improvements to WvW-style gameplay that we all want to see.

Considering how little they care for wvw, GW3 won’t even have it and will just be spvp (still one mode because #yolo) with a gem store and some how LS in the spvp maps because temp content is boss as kitten.

Reviewers will play a day of it, give it 5 stars, and it will win the company “Game of the Year” a second time.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

We just have to remember that WvWxp consolidation just isn’t as important or easy to do as simply doing away with Glory entirely and implementing a whole new system in it’s place.

I just love that gif! It perfectly summarises exactly what is on Anet’s mind.

I also love the fact that the forum home page starts with the words “Welcome Be Heard!”, and yet they infract all our posts which point of anything that needs fixing or shows the game negatively.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Hule.8794

Hey now, guys, don’t be so impatient – it’s been only 4 months… Remember 7(or was it 8 ) months ago when they mentioned they’ll fix the unrealistic WvW achievments before Christmas?

VCan You find the post? Because this is a huge failure too. I remember they said something about changing wvw achivements. But I cannot find it anywhere.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I just love that gif! It perfectly summarises exactly what is on Anet’s mind.

I also love the fact that the forum home page starts with the words “Welcome Be Heard!”, and yet they infract all our posts which point of anything that needs fixing or shows the game negatively.

I think I have about half infracted comments and not one of them was disrespectful in the least.

Thanks to all who are posting in this thread about waiting and waiting and WAITING for WvW to get some love and attention as it has needed (*cough pvp too, oops re-cough Living Story) since day one’s release.

We respect what is said and expect honor to be exhibited by the devs – honor to say something but put a date on that “something” and stop acting like we can wait – this one can’t.

Anet seems not to know just how many really poor people play this game. And the poor in China – talk about really poor. WxP not being across an account is an issue that should have been addressed before release – I can’t imagine how some would ever be able to have more than one commander with decent gear – it takes forever to move up ranks and be able to spend those very important points in WvW for mitigating SOME damage.

And they are going to open in China where hacking is for all who behind a curtain of tight control? The hackers here are nothing compared to some there. Wake up please guys, we already have some hackers in WvW on some servers…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

atheria.2837

Says more than all the postings I’ve seen since day 1.

Bravo to you for either finding that or making it.

Our hopes are still high – ESO isnt’ better than this – yet.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

If not can we at least get a reset of points?
I went way too deep in points into some stuff I do not need anymore would be nice to be properly setup when spring league begin.

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

Account bound WXP

in WvW

atheria.2837

So now that Fractal lvls is account bound across all your characters, you should be able to do the same for WXP

kthxbai!

World XP and You

3.5+ months but not a single word on the release date – we’re not being impatient, nothing is announced this far in advance and NOT implemented.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Hahaha ^^ this

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I really hope it comes through this next patch… Just a little concerned reading the sPvP forums where EVERY TOPIC has a dev replying to them that no changes are being made cause it’s a maintenance patch only…

I really hope it’s not the same for WvW, something small like WxP account bound could be the difference between how many players keep playing at the end of the week.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

VCan You find the post? Because this is a huge failure too. I remember they said something about changing wvw achivements. But I cannot find it anywhere.

Nope, can’t find it, but trust me, a red post in one of the “what they were thinking with these numbers for the achievments” type of threads assured us that they are working on fixing it and it’s a bit complicated, but should be done by Christmas. But it’s ok, he hasn’t lied – he didn’t say which year……..

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

your delusional. all mmo’s have buggy patches. I remember WOW and SWTOR both being down over 24 hours after major patches when they had a sub.

Wtf are you going on about? Buggy patches =! no patches at all.
If this had a sub, do you doubt most “hardcore” WvWers would have long ago unsubbed due a utter lack of updates?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

/bump

Would like a release date please.

We can’t have it, because these forum discussions don’t produce a “work order” for Anet. When that’s the case, I’m not even sure why we have these discussions.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

so who wants to repost the thread at the spvp section? hey at least the devs read and post on that forum!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: adil.1804

adil.1804

who cares bound world xp. We have hackers and nobody wants to play www anymore.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

atheria.2837

who cares bound world xp. We have hackers and nobody wants to play www anymore.

Well they know that because they have been moving these postings around – so we all hope to hear an answer on that one soon.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

can we please get an update on this, id like to know if this is gonna happen before the next wvw season. if not then just another reason for me to stop playing this game

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

Since the devs only care about spvp i thought id throw this in here.

Its been around 4months since this was first announced and we havent heard anything since. So is this really gonna happen or not?

i know this will be locked but i wanna see how long it takes when i put this in a sub that devs actually read, as opposed to the wvw sub

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma