Add white swords when outnumberred

in WvW

Posted by: DemonforLife.8546

DemonforLife.8546

Title says it all, if your outnumbered in your BL you should get white swords in my opinion, since your already lacking man power to counter the amount of people ( unless they’re really really really bad), since scouting will become harder due to lack of people and the chance theres siege anywhere in any tower is minimal.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No. Everyone should have white swords. It is better for ANET to just admit their mistake and fix it.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

White swords won’t help you when you are outnumbered.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Would be a step in the right direction imo. An actual benefit to performance.
Personally, I think the NPCs should also get stronger in outmanned situations.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

This is actually a very good suggestion. The outnumbered servers would need the help a lot more than the crowded servers, thus they could at least know where to go in order to defend.

My opinion: white swords should not be removed; BUT if they are removed, at least add them for the outnumbered servers.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If your HB or EB are outnumbered you focus on defence and only defence, one time my HB had outnumbered and garri had white swords popped me and my guild mate ran as fast as we could and found a quite large zerg were at WG garri, lucky I had built 2 sup ballis there so me and my guild mate destroyed 4 golems and 3 ram atempts and we were 2 people then later more arrived to man the rest of the sieges, we still were outnumbered when the enemy gave up and capped paper cliff and left.

This has happend plenty of times, just beacuse you see outnumbered pop dosent mean its all over and its time to log out.
Sure you can argue that sieges are OP but It’s more about being prepared and tell people what to do even if no commanders are tagged up.

(edited by Torgrim.3642)

in WvW

briggah.7910

Sorry this is the dumbest thing I ever heard:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/With-whiteswords-gone-remove-guards-aswell/first#post4640882

and it was created by you LOL

EDIT: Also if you are outnumbered you should be defending. You should have scouts around that will see attacks coming before the white swords appear. People relied on white swords to do the jobs of scouters and roamers and are now finding that they lack scouters and roamers..

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

DemonforLife.8546

Sorry this is the dumbest thing I ever heard:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/With-whiteswords-gone-remove-guards-aswell/first#post4640882

and it was created by you LOL

EDIT: Also if you are outnumbered you should be defending. You should have scouts around that will see attacks coming before the white swords appear. People relied on white swords to do the jobs of scouters and roamers and are now finding that they lack scouters and roamers..

but if you only have like 4-5 people on the map its a lot harder to scout everything simultaneously.

in WvW

briggah.7910

but if you only have like 4-5 people on the map its a lot harder to scout everything simultaneously.

Yes I agree it is harder to scout everything but honestly 4 – 5 people on a map isn’t going to stop a karma train if that’s what the other server brings to your 4 – 5 players.

I like your suggestion though. Outnumbered buff should help more then just give us wxp, exp, mf and no armor repairs.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

DemonforLife.8546

Yes I agree it is harder to scout everything but honestly 4 – 5 people on a map isn’t going to stop a karma train if that’s what the other server brings to your 4 – 5 players.

I like your suggestion though. Outnumbered buff should help more then just give us wxp, exp, mf and no armor repairs.

actually 2 sup ac’s can really keep a zerg at bay i’ve seen it done before but yeah its not gonna stop the ktrain i agree

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Actually 3 people on superior ballista with mastery pewpewing a karmatrain = dead karmatrain. You should try))

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Not true. Being outnumbered doesn’t mean you are powerless. 5 guys can repel 30 if they are prepared and play well with the sieges they have.

in WvW

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I think it’s a good idea. A nice way to boost low pop servers.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Not true. Being outnumbered doesn’t mean you are powerless. 5 guys can repel 30 if they are prepared and play well with the sieges they have.

Yes you are correct but you see the problem here? 5 guys are defending 30 guys when those 30 guys could split into 3 groups of 10 and take more then one objective.. If that happens being outnumbered, swords or not it won’t matter much. That is what I was trying to point out. It has nothing to do with 5 guys defending against 30.. People are stuck in “It takes a zerg to take anything” which is why most of the servers are having problems with white swords while those servers that spread their numbers don’t have the problem as much.

Break out of your zerg people

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

No. Everyone should have white swords. It is better for ANET to just admit their mistake and fix it.

Fortunately, Anet made the right call on this. By making it an event instead of permanent. Hopefully they decide it was not a success and do not bring it back permanently at a later date.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Yes you are correct but you see the problem here? 5 guys are defending 30 guys when those 30 guys could split into 3 groups of 10 and take more then one objective.. If that happens being outnumbered, swords or not it won’t matter much. That is what I was trying to point out. It has nothing to do with 5 guys defending against 30.. People are stuck in “It takes a zerg to take anything” which is why most of the servers are having problems with white swords while those servers that spread their numbers don’t have the problem as much.

Break out of your zerg people

Yes, but at least you can hope to defend. Of course you will loose in the long run, but you can choose what you try to save and what you sacrifice.

in WvW

Posted by: Videles.6759

Videles.6759

Yes but 5 guys can’t repel 100-150..

Last night i had setup a perfect AC trap with around 30 players. We almost finished them off completly since it was near our spawn point to. Yet they won. They just kept comming. Even thought they had to walk nearly the entire map. Being outnumbered give your team so many disadvantages. It’s ridiculous. And keeps the imbalance intact because Anet earns money on the transfers. Well untill fixed my friends and i stopped purchasing gems. And the group doing so is still growing!

Some disadvantages:
White swords low pop-servers (group of max 10 man in total in 1 BL map and 15 man if your lucky).

Takes you far longer to build since your group can carry far less supplies.

You wont win a skirmisch. Bad luck when you just cracked a gate adding speed to them since you did the work for them.

They have ways to scout and so many sups they build sentries like nothing so they still got eyes everywhere.

They get about double the loot for a quarter of the effort.

So the outnumbered buff should add whiteswords and a lot more in my opnion.

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Title says it all, if your outnumbered in your BL you should get white swords in my opinion, since your already lacking man power to counter the amount of people ( unless they’re really really really bad), since scouting will become harder due to lack of people and the chance theres siege anywhere in any tower is minimal.

Brilliant suggestion! Thumbs up from me.

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

January 13th the sneak attack event ends which means white swords are back for everyone!

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

WvW feels very empty without white swords.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

January 13th the sneak attack event ends which means white swords are back for everyone!

Back to stagnate wvw where ppl hold every thing 24hr/ 7 days what fun…

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I just moved to your server where white swords are not an inssue but for t3 and under there really needs to be white swords to help counter population imbalances…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I just moved to your server where white swords are not an inssue but for t3 and under there really needs to be white swords to help counter population imbalances…

PPK should counter population imbalances and white sword means you NEED high numbers to take any thing making it a passive game. No white sword makes it more of an active game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Guild groups can still run on a map with “outnumbered” and still defend well against a larger zerg.. if they are in fact defending. The OP’s idea may help. This is rare though because if an guild is running organized on a map, 99% of the time there will be enough people on the map to remove the buff.

I think it’d make more sense to have white swords as an upgrade within the tower/keep instead. This way if people are really serious about defending, they’ll keep sentries posted until the structure is upgraded.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

PPK should counter population imbalances and white sword means you NEED high numbers to take any thing making it a passive game. No white sword makes it more of an active game.

I just moved to your server where white swords are not an inssue but for t3 and under there really needs to be white swords to help counter population imbalances..

read. think. post. Please.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)