Addressing The Elephant in the Room

in WvW

Posted by: Zaraki Kenpachi.3172

Zaraki Kenpachi.3172

Anet is showing some interest in making WvW a better game mode and the pips/leggy armor/backpiece and all that jazz is sure a step in the right direction as well as the separation of skills between gamemodes. (im not gonna talk about the recent balance patch)

However before you make any more changes to WvW fix the lag.
Honestly i love wvw but the lag is something that needs to get sorted especially in 3 way fights in eb. skills dont work lag is an issue.

If your servers cant handle it dial the numbers back down on each borderland and give us another wvw map like ebg (5 maps in total)

The lag makes me give up on the gamemode more than anything else

TUP – Zaraki
Commanding for Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Anet is showing some interest in making WvW a better game mode and the pips/leggy armor/backpiece and all that jazz is sure a step in the right direction as well as the separation of skills between gamemodes. (im not gonna talk about the recent balance patch)

Honestly i love wvw but the lag is something that needs to get sorted especially in 3 way fights in eb. skills dont work lag is an issue.

If your servers cant handle it dial the numbers back down on each borderland and give us another wvw map like ebg (5 maps in total)

There are 4 large maps. Fight somewhere besides the center of ebg maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I would assume this issue will never be fixed and focus on what other aspects of the game mode make you happy.

I’m assuming that if it was something simple, that didn’t cost a boatload of money, they’d have done it by now.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

It isn’t just an EBG issue. Any three way on a full map does this (Garri fights on reset is a deal breaker for people too).

The reality is you either make new maps/match-ups where it is just WvW (not WvWvW) or reduce the players on the current maps. Of course, changing nothing is the cheapest approach.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

(edited by Chinchilla.1785)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Reducing the map cap to 40-50 would go a long way to fix the lag.

Then reduce squad size to 20-25.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Thats barely even a sarcastic reply since zergs fighting in SM lag the entire map. When roaming solo and fighting outmanned its kind of bad to see the heal skill flash and do nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Had some lag this morning. Fairly empty BL tho. ME and a pug went to 2v3, he died but I was still going strong. Downed a reaper (already about to focus chrono once I stomped nec) D/P stealthed when the lag spike hit. May have gone through the field once but too much time has lagged through for me to stealth stomp and I got downed because of it.

Was a great fight too…RIP

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Reducing the map cap to 40-50 would go a long way to fix the lag.

Then reduce squad size to 20-25.

I agree with this. With the Condi and boon spam a lot of processing bandwidth is used. The only way to reduce this lag is that reduce the player caps. 50 on each map seems fair, however raid size should be 30 to accommodate larger guilds.

However there would be a lot of blow back from the more established wvw communities who frequently run militia squads that are full

in WvW

Posted by: C Cspace Cowboy.5903

C Cspace Cowboy.5903

YES! please address this.

My game turned into a kitten ed slide show at 1am while fighting zergs.

And it wasn’t just in wvw, it was in pve areas aswell.

100mb down 20 up 30ms ping connection. until i was hitting random 4k spikes.

in WvW

Posted by: Endelon.1042

Endelon.1042

I suspect that it’s a game engine issue and it’s not something they will ever be able to fix without an amount of time/work that’s not just cost effective for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Fix the core problems with the game before adding new content? seems like a no brainer.

So:
-fix lagg
-fix controls (better targetting system, register my attacks lol, ….the list is long, so etc)
-fix glitches/exploits
-Fix visual clutter/ui

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

wait until PoF reaches… it might get worse… i imagine a zerg of warriors flying and dropping on top of another zerg to remove the boons even that will create massive lag, and all those fancy effects..

Since boons and conditions are part of the reason for this lag, surely that will help it. Amd effects are culled if you run effect LoD.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.