Advanced warning before new builds

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

Its basic courtesy to your players to give them advanced warning when you are going to take the game down for a patch.

Pretty much all other companies do this, why doesn’t Arenanet?

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: SargeFry.5176

SargeFry.5176

Its basic courtesy to your players to give them advanced warning when you are going to take the game down for a patch.

Pretty much all other companies do this, why doesn’t Arenanet?

Likely for the same reason that it takes hours for us to be told what the patch “fixed”. It’s almost as if the patches are a surprise to ANet. Both in timing AND in content.

As to why that would be the case, I can’t help ya.

Sons of Bedlam

Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

We have at least 3 minutes warning, is that not enough?

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

We have at least 3 minutes warning, is that not enough?

10 seconds after the message appeared we were moved back to lions arch. Then 3 minutes later my client reset.

Point is 10 seconds to finish up what we were doing in WvW is not enough. Some people have multiple siege golems built and then these servers reset… It quite franky is ridiculous.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

seriously, i have never seen a more rude company running a mmo, no patchnotes before the patch go live so players can prepare themselfes, no testservers to prevent exploits and buggs, no warning when the server is restarting,…

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Remind me to leave Lion’s Arch before new builds. This is the longest I’ve ever had to wait at the loading screen.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I don’t get this either. It’s on a regular basis too. What are they doing that needs to be patched without warning in the middle of peak usage?

BTW,
Any fort upgrades that were in process get lost during these takedowns. You don’t get refunded the money and the fort doesn’t get refunded the supply. The upgrade that was in progress simply gets lost.

We’ve also noticed that superior siege engines all vanish. Regular siege engines will still be around but the superior versions all poof in the reset.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: muhconstitution.4052

muhconstitution.4052

Very bad form to patch during peak hours, little notice or no. Not that any of these threads will stop them from doing this. It has been a regular occurrence since launch, which was understandable for a few weeks post launch, but it has been two months now and they still do it every couple days it seems.

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Just a quick heads-up “we will be patching at 7:30 PM PDT tonight, plan accordingly” would be nice.

First warning pops up on the screen in WvW maps and 15 seconds later you’re sent to LA. That’s just absurd!

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)