forumbugwhenisanetgoing tofixitmaybewhenguildwars3isreleased

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

All Stat Sets Available in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrx.2471

Tyrx.2471

One of the appeals of WvW is having an advantage over other people because I can grind in PVE. We can’t have people fighting on an equal setting, can we? All the competitive people belong in SPVP!

I’ve fixed that wording for you…

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

In the next release, a 6th pip is being added to the provision master ability line that allows you to buy HoT recipes, sigils, and runes from the heroics notary vendor.

Legendary gear for the 7th pip?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

Ahhhhhhhhh I’ve been grinding dragon stand for weeks with one more rune to go. Same thing happened to me with the elite specializations. So frustrating but good news none the less.

in WvW

Posted by: Gellrock.4073

Gellrock.4073

This is a terrible idea. One of the appeals of WvW is the exact chaotic and unbalanced nature of it. You already have a game mode that hands you all the stats without any effort its called SPvP, go play that.

Also watching a Phat Seals video and presenting his argument as your own is, well, just sad.

Sorry I don’t want to slug through hours of pve content I don’t enjoy just to be geared for WvW.

I also never watched any Phat Seals video, this has been something I’ve wanted forever as I only play WvW. I started playing GW2 because they said you can play this game however you want and for me that was WvW almost 100% of the time. This is why I’m totally against locking legendary armour behind a pve raid when arguably WvW players would benefit more from stat switching.The reason I posted this was I was rebuilding my Revenant as a supportive front line and needed Minstrels gear and trinkets not because of some Phat Seals video. I know some of the people in Phat Seals personally but I did not watch the video you accused me of watching.

(edited by Gellrock.4073)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

WvW’ers have been grinding hot events since the expac came out for this stuff, not sure why anyone thinks a comment on a youtube video would suddenly make anet want to make this change, a lot of other people have been asking for this. One of their priorities was to keep wvw’ers in wvw and not have to grind pve constantly. As if the guild hall grind wasn’t bad enough, but when your talking about gear, this is a constant thing players are always changing around, therefore it makes perfect sense to simply make it easier to add a new currency (badges I assume) to acquire these runes, sigils, and recipes. After all its not like you cant still do pve for them, this simply opens up a new way to acquire them. Same thing with proofs of heroics being used to unlock elite specs, its just another option available.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

In the next release, a 6th pip is being added to the provision master ability line that allows you to buy HoT recipes, sigils, and runes from the heroics notary vendor.

Legendary gear for the 7th pip?

thinking maybe:

7th: portable cannon
8th: summon npc to use siege for me
9th: equip bundle(stick) that does 1k dmg to doors, 25k to guards and 100k to lords
10th: legendary weapons/armor/trinkets and most importantly of all, legendary mounts

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

What can i spend the other 680 wvw points that i have?… give me moar masteries darnit

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Posted by: Bearer of Burden.4621

Bearer of Burden.4621

I’ll be Debbie Downer: Are the prices in gold/badges/proofs going to be anything near realistic, or is it still going to be more economical to farm a meta map for two hours? Because Anet seems to have a pretty skewed idea of how many of these currency many WvW players have laying around that don’t get spent on siege, traps, and upgrades.

Put more directly: I can farm Auric Basin for 2-3 hours these days and get enough Aurillium for 6 Runes of Durability. Can I expect to run WvW for 2-3 hours and also get enough of the requisite currency (whatever it turns out to be) to buy 6 runes?

Yes please let it be a realistic price.
as in

It should be easyer to get in wvw for a regular wvw player, and harder to get in wvw for a pve player
It should be easyer to get in pve for a regular pve player, and harder to get in pve for a wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Trinkets are the hardest part of getting the new stats, this changes very little for most.

in WvW

Justine.6351

Trinkets are the hardest part of getting the new stats, this changes very little for most.

?
The recipes for trinkets, armor and weapons are all the same.

in WvW

Posted by: papadalys.8713

papadalys.8713

sigils and runes is quite a good news and much appreciated. But HoT recipes does not help the WvW players much. For example, in order to craft Pahua ascended armors you need a trailblazer ascended insigna. To make that you need fulgurite which requires 3 types of mats that drop only in 3 of the HoT maps. Bottle of Airship Oil, Pile of Auric Dust and Ley Line Spark (and ALOT of them). While you farm for those you get enough separate mats (example: Ley line crystals for pahua stats one) that will allow you to buy the recipe. In the end WvW players will still need to farm the hell out of those maps to craft.

(edited by papadalys.8713)

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I am happy about this addition. But I do have to say, offering HOT map reward tracks would be better. We can get geodes atm through tracks but it would be nice to earn the other map currencies.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

?
The recipes for trinkets, armor and weapons are all the same.

Unless I’m completely unaware, you cannot craft ascended trinkets via a recipe. I was obviously talking about ascended and not exotic.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

What about the new HoT stats trinkets?

We need them to!

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

What about the new HoT stats trinkets?

We need them to!

Yup, but doubt that will happen because it’s wvw…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

I don’t care too much about the price/time investment. If I can get even one set of durability runes every couple weeks with just wvw play, I’ll be happy.

I ground one set in Auric Basin, and I never want to go back there.

in WvW

Posted by: Brokenbone.8759

Brokenbone.8759

sigils and runes is quite a good news and much appreciated. But HoT recipes does not help the WvW players much. For example, in order to craft Pahua ascended armors you need a trailblazer ascended insigna. To make that you need fulgurite which requires 3 types of mats that drop only in 3 of the HoT maps. Bottle of Airship Oil, Pile of Auric Dust and Ley Line Spark (and ALOT of them). While you farm for those you get enough separate mats (example: Ley line crystals for pahua stats one) that will allow you to buy the recipe. In the end WvW players will still need to farm the hell out of those maps to craft.

Do a mystic forge stat swap for a fraction of the effort. I have changed Ahamid kit into Ruka kit (Wanderer’s) this way, it means sticking old gear, Anthology of Heroes, some ectos and a Wanderer’s insignia (exo) into the MF.

If you would have had to create an insignia anyhow on the journey to Ascended kit of the relevant HoT variety, I’d skip the fulgurite related steps and just chuck it into the MF along with an anthology, ecto, and a cheaper 3 stat piece of gear that you got from a chest or crafted previously.

in WvW

Posted by: papadalys.8713

papadalys.8713

Do a mystic forge stat swap for a fraction of the effort. I have changed Ahamid kit into Ruka kit (Wanderer’s) this way, it means sticking old gear, Anthology of Heroes, some ectos and a Wanderer’s insignia (exo) into the MF.

If you would have had to create an insignia anyhow on the journey to Ascended kit of the relevant HoT variety, I’d skip the fulgurite related steps and just chuck it into the MF along with an anthology, ecto, and a cheaper 3 stat piece of gear that you got from a chest or crafted previously.

WOW i didn’t even know you could do that. TY so very much, you just saved me alot of work.

in WvW

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

account bound?

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

WvW’ers have been grinding hot events since the expac came out for this stuff, not sure why anyone thinks a comment on a youtube video would suddenly make anet want to make this change, a lot of other people have been asking for this. One of their priorities was to keep wvw’ers in wvw and not have to grind pve constantly.

As if the guild hall grind wasn’t bad enough, but when your talking about gear, this is a constant thing players are always changing around, therefore it makes perfect sense to simply make it easier to add a new currency (badges I assume) to acquire these runes, sigils, and recipes. After all its not like you cant still do pve for them, this simply opens up a new way to acquire them. Same thing with proofs of heroics being used to unlock elite specs, its just another option available.

Exactly, was pretty terrible forcing wvw guilds to grind out their guild hall upgrades in pve alone, and on top of that to grind to regain their wvw section for buffs they already had, something most pve guilds don’t need. With basically no way to do any of it in wvw, imagine if the pve crowd was asked to go into wvw to grind for all their guildhall upgrades, there would be outrage right?

That’s the thing some players don’t understand, now having to also grind gear, sigils, runes in pve just to stay competitive in wvw, it’s mind numbing, it continues to force wvw players into a game mode they don’t necessary want to play. These are the end games for gw2 – pve(raids, fractals, dungeons, meta events), wvw, spvp. They need to be treated as separate areas of play, as long as the progression to get whatever in any of those modes is balanced then there shouldn’t be any problems. If it takes a week to get 1 rune in pve then it should take the same amount of time grinding badges or heroics to get the same rune. If players get to do that in their preferred favorite mode everyone will be happy.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

WOW i didn’t even know you could do that. TY so very much, you just saved me alot of work.

you will lose sigil / rune if transforming an old set you are using, but yea crafting and converting is usually the cheapest.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: KaliKush.8514

KaliKush.8514

Great News

Know thy [SE]lf.. know thy enemy..
Sniperandrecon [SE] Ranger – TC

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Durability is going to be even more of a scourge along with Mussel Soup. Even the interrupt sigils may become more than a nuisance.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Durability is going to be even more of a scourge along with Mussel Soup. Even the interrupt sigils may become more than a nuisance.

So use them yourself. If everyone has access to them there can be no complaints.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Straegen.2938

So use them yourself. If everyone has access to them there can be no complaints.

Durability is a somewhat broke set of runes. The only thing that counter balanced their effect in WvW is that it was a bit of a grind to get them. My hope is that with or before this change goes into effect, ANet nerfs those runes. They are OP in skirmish/zerg fights… IMO.

If you haven’t run into a skirmish crew running bunkers with these, just wait. Our bunker tempest is at a 3v1 level right now. Add in a second bunker and it can easily take 8+ to bring them down.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Durability is a somewhat broke set of runes. The only thing that counter balanced their effect in WvW is that it was a bit of a grind to get them. My hope is that with or before this change goes into effect, ANet nerfs those runes. They are OP in skirmish/zerg fights… IMO.

If you haven’t run into a skirmish crew running bunkers with these, just wait. Our bunker tempest is at a 3v1 level right now. Add in a second bunker and it can easily take 8+ to bring them down.

Meh, this is the same as steroids in baseball. If everyone has them it’s back to skill determining who is best rather than gear. I’d rather they be more available than nerfed.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Meh, this is the same as steroids in baseball. If everyone has them it’s back to skill determining who is best rather than gear. I’d rather they be more available than nerfed.

Durability runes are the exact opposite of skill. The skill portion of the runes is basically standing next to another bunker. They have no active ability and are completely passive.

Seriously… 170 toughness, 125 vitality, 20% boon duration and GROUP Protection, Resistance, Regen applied every 20s. That is strong enough solo but get 2+ of these bunkers next to each other and they effectively run permanent Protection and Regen with a huge up time on Resistance.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I eagerly await this change for all the items requiring crystalline ore.

Durability rune might need adjusting regardless of this ; Leadership runes don’t need that much of a change most likely ; Rune of Surging rarely sees use ; Rune of Thorns isn’t gamebreaking either.

Durability rune:
+175 toughness, +125 vitality , +20% boon duration
25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)

A simple starting fix would probably be to make recharge 60s or 90s, cut the boon duration to protection/regen duration , and slash the vitality provided.

Alternative fix might be to swap the resistance on this with the Rune of Registance’s aegis.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How am I supposed to maintain my level of Saltiness when you say things like this???
;)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Justine.6351

Durability runes are the exact opposite of skill. The skill portion of the runes is basically standing next to another bunker. They have no active ability and are completely passive.

Seriously… 170 toughness, 125 vitality, 20% boon duration and GROUP Protection, Resistance, Regen applied every 20s. That is strong enough solo but get 2+ of these bunkers next to each other and they effectively run permanent Protection and Regen with a huge up time on Resistance.

It’s only as strong as people’s resistance(pun) to pickup a meaningful amount of boon removal/corruption wrather than “MOAR DPS!”

Imagine how op boon removal/corruption would be if those 3 in your 1v3 scenario had sigils of nullification/absorption. Or worse a necro (yeah those don’t exist in wvw….), the horrors.

Seriously, if every zergling dumped that worthless lookitten fire sigil for one of those two boon removal sigils…

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfi.9324

Wolfi.9324

the rune is not the op thing cause of its 20 sec cd, the more broken and skillles thing is boonshare, THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM THAT MUST BE NERFED HARD (but thats a problem for over 1 year and anet’s balancingteam dot care about it)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

So… recipes for WvW , how does that make sense???

Nice trap -.-", or changing how the crafting trap works?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Thanks McKenna great stuff.

Can you please ensure that ascended trinkets are craftable or purchasable from this provisioner also so we don’t have to do raids.

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

Thanks McKenna great stuff.

Can you please ensure that ascended trinkets are craftable or purchasable from this provisioner also so we don’t have to do raids.

+1 on this one, please make it happen.
I need vipers so I can spread my decease more efficiently in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

As predicted, the prices for most of the runes at this vendor are absolutely horrible, and will in no way replace (or even really supplement) the amount of PVE required if you need multiple sets for different characters. Apparently Anet is unaware of the drop rate of Proofs of Heroics, versus the acquisition rate of HoTs map currency.

Many of the recipes however seem in line, especially the ones that cost crystalline ore from the PVE vendor.

in WvW

CaptainCaveman.7348

As predicted, the prices for most of the runes at this vendor are absolutely horrible, and will in no way replace (or even really supplement) the amount of PVE required if you need multiple sets for different characters. Apparently Anet is unaware of the drop rate of Proofs of Heroics, versus the acquisition rate of HoTs map currency.

Many of the recipes however seem in line, especially the ones that cost crystalline ore from the PVE vendor.

Still 5 more hours until I can go home and check, can you tell me…
Did they added anything for trinkets?
What is the cost of the durability rune?

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Durability Wars 2

FML

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Quit complaining. ANet didn’t have to offer you any way to obtain these runes through WvW. The fact that you even have the option should be good enough for you. But that doesn’t change the fact that these runes were introduced with the goal of being exclusive to the new content, so even offering a way for you to get them, however tedious, other than the exclusive content is a gift

in WvW

DomAltares.8651

Quit complaining. ANet didn’t have to offer you any way to obtain these runes through WvW. The fact that you even have the option should be good enough for you. But that doesn’t change the fact that these runes were introduced with the goal of being exclusive to the new content, so even offering a way for you to get them, however tedious, other than the exclusive content is a gift

Sorry, no, I will not ‘quit complaining’ as long as Anet continues to undervalue the time of players in this game mode. They have offered me little, because I will still have to spend plenty of time outside of WvW, grinding PVE, to obtain these rewards in timely fashion.

I’m sorry that you value your own time so little that you find these prices to be a ‘gift.’

in WvW

DomAltares.8651

No trinkets. The offerings are the runes, sigils, and crafting recipes (food and equipment) available from the HoTs vendors.

All runes cost 75 Proofs of Heroics each, plus a variable currency cost as below:

Leadership: 2g
Thorns: 20s
Surging: 20s
Durability: 12s

in WvW

CaptainCaveman.7348

No trinkets. The offerings are the runes, sigils, and crafting recipes (food and equipment) available from the HoTs vendors.

All runes cost 75 Proofs of Heroics each, plus a variable currency cost as below:

Leadership: 2g
Thorns: 20s
Surging: 20s
Durability: 12s

Thanks,

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

But still no trinkets

Anet, please please please add Nomad’s trinkets to WvW vendors. Although I’m sure you guys put a lot of work into the living story (I’m sure it must be great and all), doing PvE achievements just isn’t fun for me. The lack of ascended gear puts me at a competitive disadvantage to others who can buy them through the standard laurels route by default.

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

As well this isn’t really just limited to WvW players but the stat trailblazer like the rest of these there is no ascended trinket version to get. As well the stat itself not many players are using it due to the extremely low drop rate that many materials tied to the jungle plants. So for players who just do WvW they aren’t going to spend the amount of resources needed at the present just to obtain this stat.

So possibly add this material to those specialty chests as well as an option for WvW players. I have several classes I’ve wanted this stat on but just too much IMHO for a pve or wvw player to fork over to obtain it. As well I’ve tried to gather as many of these nodes as I could and am yet since purchasing HoT gotten one drop.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

When damage gets toned down, then they can remove the Durability Runes. I’m pretty rusty from a break away, but when I get downed in seconds from burst, I build tanky so I at least have a chance to react. Durability is awesome because the burst is pretty absurd.

in WvW

Posted by: Brokenbone.8759

Brokenbone.8759

Convenient but expensive.

How many rankup chests is 75 proofs, call it ten (if we averaged 7.5 proofs per open)? Say I need six runes of durability, that’s sixty rankup chests. Is that a week of steady play, I can’t say?

Grinding AB for map currency, way faster for me personally, I’d estimate the ability to gain 900 lumps of aurilium (150 per rune) is achievable in the 2-3 meta cycle ballpark, maybe less if I join multi-map / switch to alts type chest trains afterward under the city.

This convenience / speed type consideration won’t be true for everyone, I already ground out the stuff I needed most and the masteries to even talk to those merchants. Not everyone will have. This WvW change may be the right solution for them.

The exception is that anything that required a Dragon Stand crystalline ore type merchant is really welcome. All the other maps, the currency comes fast and furious. Crystalline Ore is a little different in terms of how it gets picked up, you either use reward Machetes or blow a lot of map currency off all the other maps to get more such Machetes, and the largest amount of Noxious Pods to harvest isn’t going to be until the end of a 1-2 hour meta cycle. Buying stuff in DS is basically much more of a pain than anywhere else, so I’ll probably use some proofs for things I don’t have from there yet. Again, others may have mountains of Crystalline Ore or love doing DS every day, so their preferences will vary as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

Wow…………

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I think the prices are reasonable given the currencies in PvE take a while to grind.