All nighter needed to map WvW in FoW?

in WvW

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

So after being at 99% world completion on FoW server I am down to the last 9 places to cap:

4 in EB ( of which are left side of map)

5 in UW ( possibly more doable than EB ones).

But I’m reading a lot about people having to stay up until 4am and beyond to cap a few more bits of map and this concerns me a lot.

I’ll be straight up with you all, I’m 41 years old, I work all week, plus work every Saturday. I help run a local food bank and am on the parish council.

So basically I really need my sleep. So having to stay up until 4am to play a game is just ridiculous. If I cannot achievement something in a game during my normal waking hours then something is not right there.

I too am logging on and checking wvw maps and then just sighing and finding some other crap to do that I don’t actually want to do, but my gaming hours mean I need to get the most out of them.

I don’t ask for Zerg to go to a particular place, I do my best to follow the Zerg and so my bit. But the Zerg always goes for the same bloody places. Today bless, I was with a commander who wanted to go for green! I was delighted. I ended up capping nothing I needed but man it felt so good to finally be in a Zerg that was headed for something I needed.

The Easter holidays are coming and I have planned an all nighter that week, so hopefully I can cap a few more things. But Anet, you do know the English generally reside to bed no later than 12 midnight if they have work the next day?

Something just isn’t right with wvw, seems I have to enter another countries time zone to stand a chance.

And when finally I complete it and get my legendary, it won’t feel like I’ve done anything special, other than wait around for weeks and weeks and weeks. That’s not gaming Anet, that’s plain boring.

No fun is exactly that – no fun. Bring the fun to wvw for use fow players :-)

I’m not getting any younger remember!

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Move to a higher populated server which zerg more and caps things more often.

This have become the only “solution” to many of WvW’s problems.

Though i find it surprising you cant get 5 people to take a tower, especially in such a low server.

That or continue to wait a few months until you are the colour you need to be.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You want less then legendary investment for a fully legendary weapon?

Why didn’t you transfer to the appropriate servers that held the locations you need, when transfers were free?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Why didn’t you transfer to the appropriate servers that held the locations you need, when transfers were free?

this isnt necessarily a valid question, that opportunity is somewhat unlikely to ever reappear and were far enough from that time now that a lot of people didnt play then

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

this isnt necessarily a valid question, that opportunity is somewhat unlikely to ever reappear and were far enough from that time now that a lot of people didnt play then

Which is why I asked him and not you. If he didn’t play then, my suggestions will vary.

In this case, I notice he made a great deal of assumptions, such as having to stay up till 4 AM.

I know I get request as a commander to aid on map complition, and try to accommodate by taking those locations when I can. Not sure why someone would feel that has to be done at such odd hours.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Erm because I wasn’t interested in map completion back when it was free. I don’t know why but feel like I should be apologising for that, but obviously I’m not going to.

But if anyone reading this knows John Titor, Marty Mcfly or John Connor, they could always ask to help send me back in time to tell me I have to start world map now as it’s free to transfer……..

I have tried with a few small zergs but UW seem to have more players. During my gaming evenings.

in WvW

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Well my assumptions are based on my current experience. During my very normal waking hours where these areas are never ours and 99% of zeros are right side of map. I happened to be up and about at 6am one morning and I found a few then that I needed but it hasn’t happened since.

So if I have to assume, is assume a night shift runs occasionally but with no set night that it happens. So in my country (England) night shift must hit between 12 midnight ( when I crash) and 6am.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Wait for HoT expansion, it will remove WvW from map completion.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

So after being at 99% world completion on FoW server I am down to the last 9 places to cap:

4 in EB ( of which are left side of map)

5 in UW ( possibly more doable than EB ones).

But I’m reading a lot about people having to stay up until 4am and beyond to cap a few more bits of map and this concerns me a lot.

I’ll be straight up with you all, I’m 41 years old, I work all week, plus work every Saturday. I help run a local food bank and am on the parish council.

So basically I really need my sleep. So having to stay up until 4am to play a game is just ridiculous. If I cannot achievement something in a game during my normal waking hours then something is not right there.

I too am logging on and checking wvw maps and then just sighing and finding some other crap to do that I don’t actually want to do, but my gaming hours mean I need to get the most out of them.

I don’t ask for Zerg to go to a particular place, I do my best to follow the Zerg and so my bit. But the Zerg always goes for the same bloody places. Today bless, I was with a commander who wanted to go for green! I was delighted. I ended up capping nothing I needed but man it felt so good to finally be in a Zerg that was headed for something I needed.

The Easter holidays are coming and I have planned an all nighter that week, so hopefully I can cap a few more things. But Anet, you do know the English generally reside to bed no later than 12 midnight if they have work the next day?

Something just isn’t right with wvw, seems I have to enter another countries time zone to stand a chance.

And when finally I complete it and get my legendary, it won’t feel like I’ve done anything special, other than wait around for weeks and weeks and weeks. That’s not gaming Anet, that’s plain boring.

I’m not getting any younger remember!

They’re shoving you into WvWvW for map completion to keep new blood pumping into a game mode that is unsustainable because its so comically imbalanced. You’re right, getting map completion in WvWvW isn’t necessarily some great feat, some people just huddle up to seventy of their closest friends and follow them into poorly undefended structures for an hour or two. Legendary indeed.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Sure he does. If your making presumptuous complaints falsely assuming it can only be done at certain times is inaccurate. The OP is simply a complaint. Specifically point ting out thay he doesn’t ask for help from commanders or the large force on the map. In my opinion, when you specifically avoid the easiest solutions, intentionally avoid help, and make a pure complaint post, in which you specifically avoid even asking for suggestions, your being unreasonable.

If you want suggestions, guidance, or ideas, ask for it. Do not make a pure complaint post. Mention how you surpass oppertunity, avoid help, and yet complain anyway.

theres just no point in being rude when you could just as easily not waste your time

Couldn’t you say that about the original post?

Making a post to say nothing constructive and purely complain is rude. If it was asking for help, suggestions, or some feed back, then sure. Making a thread just to complain and not even offer a suggestion is toxic. Particularly afte admitting that he didn’t do it when transfers where free, and he doesn’t contact the zerg or commanders for help.

Sorry, but you have no right to a complaint when you ignore your opportunities to succeed. Clearly the OP started the thread just to complain. Yet your being a bit picky and choosy to ignore the OPs aimless complaints, while lashing out at someone else’s.

in WvW

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Woah now, when I said I didn’t ask commanders for help it’s because a lot of other threads I said recommend doing my bit for the world first. So that’s why I never ask a commander for it. Jesus you can’t win with some people.

Rude is telling me that I cannot post a complaint post.

Rude is assuming my complaints are aimless.

Rude is assuming I don’t want help.

Rude is assuming I should have done it when world transfers were free.

Rude is assuming I didn’t contact the Zerg when I did, to do my bit first and hope they eventually go the way I need.

Rude is not even actually reading my OP and seeing that I said I go with the Zerg.

But thank you for calling me rude, clearly I’m not the only rude player out there…….

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

They’re shoving you into WvWvW for map completion to keep new blood pumping into a game mode that is unsustainable because its so comically imbalanced. You’re right, getting map completion in WvWvW isn’t necessarily some great feat, some people just huddle up to seventy of their closest friends and follow them into poorly undefended structures for an hour or two. Legendary indeed.

Wonderfully stated. Borderlands completion took about 6 weeks for me to complete and was more a game of luck than anything else. Nothing magical or strategic about it…just be at the right place at the right time. All this nonsense about “get the commander to take a T3 heavily defended keep that hasn’t flipped in 72 hours” or “work with your non-existent player community to align the stars just right for a vista or POI” is silly and really doesn’t apply outside the narrow window you have right after reset if you’re on a server with less than 50 players to play with in the narrow window your player base is online.

I found PvE map completion tedious and annoying, but not at all impossible and on some level more enjoyable than WvW borderlands completion. But you’re right, the WvW community is vastly shrinking and concentrating itself into an ever smaller pool of viable servers…mostly because people like me who have no interest in transferring would rather just walk away from the game mode than try to face comical odds. I also have no plans to return to WvW (at least not to the degree I have been for the past year and a half) unless I want more than 2 legendary weapons.

What I am really interested in knowing (and perhaps I missed it in previous threads) is how long and with what effort it took those who vehemently oppose removing WvW borderlands completion for a legendary, or just plain rude and condescending to those struggling with borderlands map completion, took to get theirs. I’m guessing it was either really, really easy by virtue of what server they happened to be on at the time or an utterly miserable experience that they feel everyone else who wants it should be subjected to for their legendary. Such strong opinions are rarely manifested by a middle of the road experience.

(edited by Alteros.3019)

in WvW

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

I can feel with OP, i’m from FoW and atm we are deadlocked at being blue side again. This makes map completion a lot harder as we all know.

Only FoW is not like most of the other WvW servers, we are on the bottom tier, and our WvW community does not care too much about the overall scores (most of them who do, have moved servers already) So most groups are just there to have fun in WvW. We actually have quite some commanders who don’t mind to help out with map completions, so feel free to try and ask them.

There are a few ways to get map completion done on FoW and they do not require you to stay up all night. You can try to join some morning groups ( not sure what your timezone is but at 8.00 GMT for example there are only few players in our WvW so if you can get a few players to join you and spend some gold on siege you can take some things as well.

on monday evenings at 19.00 gmt there is usually a larger multi guild group going for WvW and we do take the green map sometimes too.

Goodluck with the map completions and remember not every WvW server is the same, you ended up on one of the more ‘casual’ WvW servers were we are happy to take stuff and do not care about Points per tick or things like that

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

(edited by Rin of Rivvinda.4971)

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I’m from FoW and I have fun in WvW.. :p
Oh yeah, and I also have map completion (without moving to another server) on two characters..

And yesh, I do have a job and a life besides gaming..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

It’s by no means impossible but yes the bigggest advantage FoW seems to have over UW is late night/early morning. Around 3-6 or so.

I don’t know the situation on FoW but since they’re currently on a losing streak people might be a little less motivated to help out :/ Another problem is Ranik ranking down and feeding rating to Vabbi and WSR so even though UW wins most weeks we don’t have a chance of catching up to them. If UW keeps winning we will probably still have another 2-4 weeks of this matchup.

and yes, monday evening seems to be the blobbiest of the week for both UW and FoW so that or reset night(friday evening) might be a good chance for you to get those points if you don’t want to play night time. Good luck!

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Tribio.8531

and yes, monday evening seems to be the blobbiest of the week for both UW and FoW so that or reset night(friday evening) might be a good chance for you to get those points if you don’t want to play night time. Good luck!

And yeah, also this ^^

Join the monday FoW blob and get your map completion.. ;-)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Thank you guys! I will see you all there tonight :-) looking forward to it!

in WvW

Posted by: Revanought Lord.9532

Revanought Lord.9532

Well now, somehow I have found myself back on the forums….anyway, the reason we usually don’t have much or any of the green corner is because as a lot of people know, we don’t usually have zergs running amok as they do on other servers (with the exception of a small-medium guild here or there and the weekly raid…..or whenever someone sees chunk’s top hat) and if our roamers decide to take part of the green corner the contents of that corner are usually upgraded and you will find yourself in a sea of the enemy. Anyway I hope to see you get your points at tonight’s raid

Oh, and hi Rin and Freya, long time no speak.

Reaper Of Kane-(Former)Engineer Commander
“Evil flowers steadily bloom, with an array of bloodied doom”

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

First of all it’s not necessary to stay up till 4am. It’s much better to get up at 5am. On Elona we can flipp anything at 5am with 10 people and we are T5. In T9 you can probably flip everything at that time with 2-5 people.

On 30 Jan – 06 February 2015 you were green that’s just 5 weeks ago. To bad you missed it. You still have chances to get green you just have to wait some weeks. And whats a few weeks waiting for green compared to the 132 weeks I am waiting now for a precursor drop (I did 8 world completions and wvwv-completion on 2 more chars so far)?

I am sure FoW will be green before I get a precursor drop.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Kane. [OP] likes you, except Nayia, he still hates you. xD

Edit: answer is obvious… if you want wvw completion that bad, you gonna have to come get it. Get some friends together and go for the cap (this is fow bish!)

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in WvW

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

off topic : Nice to see you are still arround Kane it almost turns in a FoW reunion here

on topic : We already invited OP to join some runs so we will work on it early mornings is indeed also an option to cap stuff in case you still miss sometings. But if you are on FoW and have trouble with map completions, just try to get in touch with our friendly community and we will try to help

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Though i find it surprising you cant get 5 people to take a tower, especially in such a low server.

because surprisingly UW alone has more people then blacktide/FoW together so where ever u go on any of the 4 WvW maps theres Underworld.

im surprised why FoW + blacktide are still stuck with them.
are these guys from underworld that bad that they cant move up in rank while they can deploy on every WvW map more people then these 2 servers together get in 1 WvW map..

many times i just want to transfer off from FoW cus its not even funny your fighting terrible people who win everything cus they come in hordes off 40+ where as our server can barely hit 20 people..
then again even if i transfer i will prolly end up in a zerg server again which is not what iwant either i just want to fight but u cant fight something that outnumbers you pretty much all the time maybe 1 hour during prime time dont have outnumbered buff all the other hours good luck have fun whatever u cap/or try to touch within minutes some red zerg is pounding on your door/body.

in WvW

HenleyLegoMan.4987

I did enjoy the run with Chunk and PuLsar last night. Was on a TS so while I couldn’t speak I could hear plans etc.

Managed to get 2 of the 9 caps I need, so 7 to go!

Got plenty of kills too which is always nice. I’ll keep checking the maps morning and nightly and hope that this Friday we are green :-)

in WvW

Tribio.8531

I did enjoy the run with Chunk and PuLsar last night. Was on a TS so while I couldn’t speak I could hear plans etc.

Managed to get 2 of the 9 caps I need, so 7 to go!

Got plenty of kills too which is always nice. I’ll keep checking the maps morning and nightly and hope that this Friday we are green :-)

Ahh, warms my heart to see that you had a) fun and b) some progress on your map completion..
Keep it up, and you’ll be twice-told legend in no time.. ;-)

Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Revanought Lord.9532

Revanought Lord.9532

Good that you got some of your points, sorry that you couldn’t get them all, but due to certain uhhhhhh…..circumstances we could not get all of your points (I am sure you know why), maybe next time you can get them ^^

Now I should probably leave the forums before that lovely moderator accuses me of starting a flame war in his thread again.

I hope all of you have a nice day (including you moderator person ;P )

Reaper Of Kane-(Former)Engineer Commander
“Evil flowers steadily bloom, with an array of bloodied doom”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

im surprised why FoW + blacktide are still stuck with them. are these guys from underworld that bad that they cant move up in rank while they can deploy on every WvW map more people then these 2 servers together get in 1 WvW map..

He explained it pretty well.

I don’t know the situation on FoW but since they’re currently on a losing streak people might be a little less motivated to help out :/ Another problem is Ranik ranking down and feeding rating to Vabbi and WSR so even though UW wins most weeks we don’t have a chance of catching up to them. If UW keeps winning we will probably still have another 2-4 weeks of this matchup.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Came on GW this morning and EB was full blue!! Capped the last 4 I needed on EB then Rin mailed me and we joined up in UW and got another POI!

One vista, one poi left to get!

Thank you Rin!!