All tonics need to be disabled asap

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Devs- There are obviously unintended issues and exploits going on from certain tonics, so we need to disable all of them in wvw and be done with it.

Players- No, we don’t need the devs wasting time, effort and resources going through every tonic and tonic skill to determine which ones are exploitable. There are a plethora of major issues that need to be addressed and we need the devs to focus on those.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

No.

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Or just make it so you can’t use them while in combat which would fix 99% of the problems

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

If Anet would offer tonics that only worked in WvW, and didn’t affect the gameplay, I ’m sure there would be lots of guilds buying them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

If Anet would offer tonics that only worked in WvW, and didn’t affect the gameplay, I ’m sure there would be lots of guilds buying them.

Exactly.

Also when can we expect Ascended Armor & weapons via badges, kind of like raids and Fractals ?

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Maybe they might want to fix the “cold resistance” bug first, the one where you cant cap anything if you have that buff.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

NO NO NO not all tonics. Some are 100% harmless and that would be unfair to people who bought them and are only wvwers. How about the ones that give an unfair advantage or something. Because when I bought things and they were usable in wvw that’d be unfair to me and other

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Anet disables one that give you a like a leap forward or are somehow and unfair advantage. Some tonics are just silly and don’t hurt anyone like a quaggan tonic or how about silly stuff like riding brooms and carpets that would be unfair to disable since they don’t hurt anyone in wvw. I bought that crap to have fun with it.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Less exploits > toys…

Sorry, but I personally don’t want the devs spending precious time reviewing tonics and tonic skills in combination with player skills, runes, sigils… to find the “safe” tonics so bored players can use them in our competitive realm vs realm pvp mode…

in WvW

Posted by: Shazilicious.8192

Shazilicious.8192

Seriously Swagger??

GW2 is a game and games are meant to be fun. I have had alot of fun running around in wvw in tonic form as I’m sure many others have too.

There are many more important things in wvw that impact upon the game mode in much more destructive ways than tonics….

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Seriously Swagger??

GW2 is a game and games are meant to be fun. I have had alot of fun running around in wvw in tonic form as I’m sure many others have too.

There are many more important things in wvw that impact upon the game mode in much more destructive ways than tonics….

Removing exploits through tonics and cutting out abuse of unintended movement advantages are more important.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Frog stomping people is a right, not a privilege.

in WvW

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

there is no dodge animation for this new Tonic..

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Removing exploits through tonics and cutting out abuse of unintended movement advantages are more important.

Maybe your post should mention what exploits specifically and what advantages they bring to the table. Most of them have been removed over the years at the expense of the playerbase. There aren’t many left to complain about, and the benefits they provide are irrelevant in a mode like wvsw where you have so many unique buffs/stats you can be running.

I mean next thing we know people are gonna want wvw gear to be standardized like pvp…..you need to draw the line somewhere.

So tell us where you want the line drawn swagger. Where is the line gonna be and how do you justify it being where you want it? If you want it at tonics being disabled you need to address standardized gear and any other similar instances where the fun of many might adversely affect the fairness of another’s fight.

The remaining buffs of tonics are completely irrelevant to zerg warefare and the mode in general. They only have a noticable impact on 1v1 fights….and its still minuscule compared to all the other buffs you can bring into a fight. You should know 1vs1 fights are on anet’s “I don’t give a kitten” list……so how do you justify making these changes?

You might as well put “I want all gem store items removed from wvsw” in your title.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

tonic must be disabled in wvw. Period.
all of them.

There is no point to use them in wvw or pvp they do not serve any purpoise in those modes.

The tonics must be disabled in competitive ASAP.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

They only have a noticable impact on 1v1 fights….and its still minuscule compared to all the other buffs you can bring into a fight.

As a solo roamer for more than 2 years i have never met somebody who used tonics to gain an advantage in a fight. Ever. Tonics were always used for fun in a friendly manner.
The “tonic exploiting” is virtually non-existent.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Meanwhile Thieves can crit you for 10k + with Bound (a dodge) from stealth. But tonics are a problem.

Okay.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Meanwhile Thieves can crit you for 10k + with Bound (a dodge) from stealth. But tonics are a problem.

Okay.

10k only? i have a 15k capture from a backstab to a 3k armor with the boon protection active. From a thief also.

Dont ask me how, you know it’s magic like the 5k hamrev autos. or the 9 conditions 12k tick from invisibility ghost thief. Really tired of this kitten

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

The only reason for me to enter wvw now is kodan duos with my buddy.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

If all tonics disabled the use of costume brawl skills things would be a lot better.

No costume brawl skills = no use of movement impending/leaping/dashing skills. That way people can run around as they wish in tonic form but unable to use so called exploit skills/unintended advantages in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

tonic must be disabled in wvw. Period.
all of them.

There is no point to use them in wvw or pvp they do not serve any purpoise in those modes.

The tonics must be disabled in competitive ASAP.

NO USE FOR THEM? NO kitten USE?? HOW THE HELL AM I SUPOSSED TO WALK AROUND THE ENTIRE MAP AS A QUAGGAN NOW?!
No seriously… They aren’t useless. They bring fun, that’s what they are supposed to do. Removing them would take us another option to be friends with each other on a battlefield that is almost always filled with 5v1 gankers and alikes.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Hey.. pssst.. the TC rp’ers would like to have a word with you and your campaign to take away their favorite toys.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

What’s funny is that Anet disabled the Mushroom Tonic but failed to realize that there are other Mushroom Tonics (like King) that still work and do the exact same thing. I see people running around using them for a mobility exploit.

All the tonics should be turned off and a whitelist made to explicitly allow those that aren’t considered exploity.

in WvW

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Okay.

Bound has an Evade animation

The new Tonic does NOT

Thats the problem, doesnt have to do with any other OP skill or whatever you come up with.
A normal Evade should have a animation, Tonic does not.

in WvW

Posted by: keypusher.3186

keypusher.3186

I agree with disabling any active effects from tonics in WvW but removing them would be a disaster. Well known commanders are pinsniped relentlessly and tonics are one of the few ways to combat this and make commander harder to identify.

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Whats this movement tonic speed? and how do i get it?

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Why? did u get tree stomped?

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Us wvwers are having fun with tonics. Best anet calls the fun police and disables them ASAP.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Maybe disable the ones that have mobility skills like the mushroom. That’s it.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate