Alpine Borderlands needs to be prio #1

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I think the minimum rotation will likely be 2 weeks since it seems to require an update rather than a hotfix.

Also, I don’t think there’s much ‘strategy’ involved in snowballing objectives on a BL. Unlike EB, the home defenders are outnumbered 2:1 in an even match-up. Giving enemies a tower to treb from means a zerg has to respond as opposed to any possibility of a small-team taking it out.

If you’re referring to keep defense, then in a mode called WvWvW, I can’t think of a better time that a zerg clash should be necessary. Furthermore, the treb spots in Alpine towers all had counters that small man teams could use.

• NWT supply hut treb can be hit from the bottom of the cliff below by an AC
  • NET was vulnerable to treb shots from NE camp or even near spawn (even without abusing spawn spots)
  • SWT (Briar) treb spot was easily hit by Eles or an AC from below or a ballista in the ruins
  • SET had no useful siege spots since a treb from Hills can hit anywhere inside

The tower isn’t the problem, it’s coverage. While a competent group can wipe double their numbers, if 60 man blob takes out your wall siege, you’re not stopping them from taking a keep with 10. So if you have no home border blob to split then you’re out of luck. However, there’s always the option to hit their to pull them off if you care that much about havoc squads and objectives.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

If more people are willing to play the Alpine map, they should bring them back. I just don’t think the number of people playing the BL’s will increase by a whole lot.

And realistically, if you are a havoc squad looking for fights and your only fights will be vs 40, your best option is just to log out.

From a PPT perspective, you are not slowing them down and by not being there, you are using your best method of defense, boredom.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

I eagerly await the day we have three separate Borderlands maps — alpine, desert, forest — and we can choose to play whichever whenever.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Alphine map was better. Less hills and obstacles so it didn’t feel like a constant effort to catch the tag or die to fall damage by accident. Things they got right imo was special affects at certain keeps such as rock walls.

The best solution to get rid of the queues on EBG would be to make stonemist worth less points and capturing enemy keeps in other bls worth about as much as stonemist. Honestly ebg is just a distraction from people playing in other borderlands and should be used as a way for people stuck in queues trying to get in borderlands to still play. Not the other way around. I think its better for wvw as a whole for the focus on wvw to shift from ebg and into the borderlands.

Bad Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Just make all 4 maps all EBG lel, all BLs are now ENG, EBG is now EBG, everything EBG

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Guys, you know they’re being updated for HoT mechanics. The bigger question is “Are they going to stop there?” It was also said “No Shrines”. I’m just curious as to what else they may have in the works for updates to the ABL, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I eagerly await the day we have three separate Borderlands maps — alpine, desert, forest — and we can choose to play whichever whenever.

I eagerly await the tangled depths forest borderland…….. not really, I would uninstall this game so fast lol..

Not sure I would like a forest borderland, the trees in this game bother me in fights, like that small forest behind south camp on the alpine map. I suppose if it was like Auric Basin that would be ok.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

For some fond memories of Alpine fights!

#longliveABL

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Make GW2 great again!
ALPINE BL TRIBUTE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXO5mb2Zuuw

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

No, borderlands is NOT and should NOT be the highest PRIORITY.

POPULATION BALANCE aka SERVER STACKING should be the #1 priority. Sad that it just got another bandaid – instead of an actual sustainable resolution!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

And we want the Quaggans version, not the one with capture the points e-sports fetish made by minivan drivers clueless about games… those destroyed gw2 they dont know what is fun in life they only care about reprodution and wait to die once is done

in WvW

Posted by: Grayclay.4579

Grayclay.4579

How sweet would it be if each server duo had their own themed borderland? Alpine, Jungle, Desert, and they rotated to each server duo over the weeks, so everyone could be happy!

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

How sweet would it be if each server duo had their own themed borderland? Alpine, Jungle, Desert, and they rotated to each server duo over the weeks, so everyone could be happy!

God no. I see “obstructed” popping up non stop on what appears to be flat, open terrain, a jungle themed bl would be a nightmare. They might even decide that it would be really “fun” to put all the keeps up in the canopy and you have to perform a jumping puzzle to make your way up to them. Let’s stick to the KISS rule.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

definitely NOT jungle. rolling hills of green would be nice

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

Alpine Borderlands will be rotated back in with the next release (not hotfix.)

Please do something about trebs in SW camp being able to hit inner Bay before reverting the map.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

<drops mic>

FTFY

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Big firm NO!

Jungle sounds like a nightmare map for WvWvW. We already got two lousy WvWvW maps: Edge of the Mists (EotM) and Desert Borderland (DBL). Both of these maps are full of gimmicks, edges to fall to your death, choke points, vision blocking particle effects and long distances to travel.* Gameplay in EotM is more or less pve train and since most players avoid DBL it is also more or less plays like a pve map. These maps might be pleasant to look at for some, but that effect wears out quick after you notice they just suck when it comes to game play, unless you happen to enjoy pve and pvd only. I used to “live” in Alpine border, especially when it still had the lake. Lake provided underwater combat and the tiny mid island had some very interesting small scale fights. Having the large element of water meant more diversity in the game. The removal of it meant less diversity (only large water remained in Bay). Also the Quaggans felt much better balanced (= not too powerful), unlike the mid oasis event + cannon, which were luckily finally removed.

Unlike many players constantly claim here, the hatred towards DBL is simply not a “learn to play issue”. The keeps and towers are simply way too large. It still takes much longer time to travel from earth keep inner to fire keep inner than it took from Garrison inner to Bay inner. The extra seconds are crucial as they decide whether you can defend it or not. The towers serve no tactical purpose. The tower lords + keep lords are not balanced at all. E.g. it is easy to solo the earth keep lord, but air keep lord is much harder opponent. Necro tower lord generally takes longer time to solo kill than most other tower lords. The amount of obstacles + long choke points is much higher on DBL compared to Alpine. DBL is so badly designed map for WvWvW style of play, it is simply beyond repair. Please remake it into pve dungeon, but never introduce it back to WvWvW again.

When Arenanet removed the lake and replaced with the abomination they call “Ruins of Power”, I stopped WvWvW for couple of months. I tried my best at the Ruins area, but it was so often just void of players (unless some doing their daily) and almost never provided any fun fights, just messy area to navigate through. Emphasis on messy vs areas where you can actually use auto-run. I still detest the ruins area as it simply does NOT fit the rest of the map, just an ugly copy & paste of spvp conquest alike map on top of supposedly WvWvW map.

I want the original maps back and I am NOT asking for any new maps, period. I do NOT want the original maps to be contaminated with any of the HoT stuff, except for: smarter sentries, faster dolyaks and possibly synthesizer nodes. All tactivators, all shrines, ruins of power etc. all that power creep, which creates more imbalance in the game, should just be gone for good. Arenanet can reimburse those guilds who wasted their resources for the guild upgrades.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

My experience with the Desert BLs since patch is this.

Prior I could roam the BL when bored and encounter a lot of 1v1 and small scale fights with 10 or so a side. This would be a nice break from blobs and an ideal way to tinker with builds or different professions.

After patch with the merges there actually more Zerging in the Bls then there is in EBG. What happens when a group goes to a BL is they all go as one and then make a round of the maps in that blob as in Hey we are guild XXX lets go to this borderland and cause trouble. The zergs are not as large but the group that shows there more likely to all be in that one zerg from whatever server.

In EBG even as it is queued for many hours and there more people overall , there a whole lot more people that just go to EBG to be on EBG so you now find more roamers and smaller fights.

in WvW

Posted by: road range.6293

road range.6293

Personally, I think that Alpine is going to be a shockingly huge disappointment. I would come back and play them in original form, but probably not with the HoT updates added to them.

But, once they add airships, and banners, and tactivators, and automatic way points, and shenanigans, and all the scribe and guild hall garbage, which only the big guilds can control, ABL is not even going to be recognizable to the original WvW vets anymore anyway. Which IMO is what really killed it for so many of us in the first place. Even more so than the DBL maps, as bad as they are. The DBL maps might not even be that bad, if you took away all the HoT aspects of them, and make them pre-HoT style maps. And put back the “guild earnings for playing the game” back into it.

The truth is: EOTM is now the only map unaffected by the scribe and GH stuff, which is becoming so much more of a real fighting map in recent months, because it’s closest to being just as it was in the days of pre HoT ABL (which is what is really desired in this thread). I’ve actually started playing this game mode again, because of this fact. The EOTM matches are simply too short, as is. EOTM is not just a waiting for a Queued EB map anymore, it’s becoming “much more” (not entirely yet) of an original Pre-HoT GW2 WvW game mode, than it is a waiting map, or a Karma map now. IMO, I don’t even care about the ABL at this point.To me, It’s moot. Because with HoT updates added to ABL, I think it will be trash too. It won’t be anything like it was, and it’s still not going to bring people back IMHO. (We will see, won’t we?)

To me the solution is simply to leave EOTM unchanged Pre-HoT (FOREVER, no HoT upgrades, or it will be ruined too) Just make EOTM a week long match, with (possibly) a couple of added build-able way points eventually, and I think EOTM would be full constantly. And EB Queues would disappear, and the old veterans would come back, and play for fights, and PPT, in EOTM. IF it was just a week long match. Heck, as a bonus, give us “Old School guild earnings in EOTM only”, and watch the small guilds, and pre HoT vets come back and play the map to earn “EOTM only guild stuff”, the old way!

Then you can do whatever you want in ABL, whenever you want. Just give us 7 days to battle it out in EOTM “Old School” style, and I’ll (I suspect A LOT of us) will never care about what happens to DBL, or ABL, ever again, and we’ll have a place we want to really play the WvW game mode again.

1. Change NOTHING in EOTM, except make EOTM a 7 day match as a trial, for a week or two. That should take NO EFFORT as programmers, with NO RISKS. 2. Mix up the servers to balance the power in EOTM from week to week (Instead of aligning the super powers as it is now).

And, see what happens to EB queues, and watch what happens to player base. I bet EB queues drop to near none, and a lot former die-hard vets come back to play a “just as it used to be”, “week long”, EOTM battle map. And the pressure to reinsert the ABL maps will ebb…

Prove me wrong. Please. 7 day matches. Mix up the servers. Sign me up.

And the ABL discussion just might become moot. And many of us may have something we really want to play again!

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Since nobody wants to play desert borderlands EB ends up with a crazy queue while the other maps are empty or full of semi-afk players waiting for their EB queue.

ArenaNet needs to quickly roll out the alpine borderlands. It would alleviate many of the concerns on this forum right now.

Speak for yourself.

My server seems to be enjoying DBL much more now. Anet, I hope you realize that there seems to be just a hand-full of people that continually hate the DBLs and do nothing but create post after post on the forums to try to get y’all to bring back alpine. While it’s always nice to have variety, I really don’t hear a bunch of whining in TS from people, pining for the day when Alpine comes back.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Will ABL and DBL be on a time rotation? That would really be the best. Some people prefer the one, others prefer the other, so it would probably be fine if you swapped between them every few weeks (month at the most?).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Will ABL and DBL be on a time rotation? That would really be the best. Some people prefer the one, others prefer the other, so it would probably be fine if you swapped between them every few weeks (month at the most?).

Anet have said there will be a rotation. They have suggested borders may be swapped every 3 months, but that is not finally decided yet. Personally I’d prefer a much more frequent swap, even random each week, but we will have to see.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

map-rotation should be priority:

4 maps / 3 per borderland each week (random selection, not the same map)

1 month

maps:

Alpine
Desert
EBG (adapted)
EOTM (Adapted)

where EBG is now PPK (point per kill map) with locations for GvD/GvG league and 3 way fight meta event giving decisive victory to server that wins.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Since nobody wants to play desert borderlands EB ends up with a crazy queue while the other maps are empty or full of semi-afk players waiting for their EB queue.

ArenaNet needs to quickly roll out the alpine borderlands. It would alleviate many of the concerns on this forum right now.

Speak for yourself.

My server seems to be enjoying DBL much more now.

-Blackgate Native

You’re on Blackgate who probably have queues every night on every borderland, not like they have a choice? XD

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

EOTM is NOT a BL !
Stop asking to put that bad map in WvW !
We have DBL full with gimmick, don’t bring another map like this..

in WvW

Posted by: Silversteen.1360

Silversteen.1360

The Desert BL is vastly improved and have been non stop action and fights during prime. They aren’t that bad.

Yes, because most guilds are raiding on DBL, they are forced to because of the 50+ qeue on EB. But as long as EB has no qeue, nobody is playing on DBL.

in WvW

Jong.5937

Nobody was playing on DBl, prior to the changes. Few were playing full stop. There were barely enough for 1 map. It’s little wonder people blobbed in EB for fights. The ABls would have had similar, if not quite so severe problems, because the new borders clearly did have issues!

More importantly though, since last week, the fights have been great. We even had a great fight on the, much maligned, stairs at fire keep that was really different, in a good way. Wouldn’t want all to be the same, but that’s the point. The current DBl and ABl will work well in rotation.

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Anet have said there will be a rotation. They have suggested borders may be swapped every 3 months, but that is not finally decided yet. Personally I’d prefer a much more frequent swap, even random each week, but we will have to see.

Okay thanks for the reply. Yeah I’d rather see frequent swaps too.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

The Desert BL is vastly improved and have been non stop action and fights during prime. They aren’t that bad.

Yes, because most guilds are raiding on DBL, they are forced to because of the 50+ qeue on EB. But as long as EB has no qeue, nobody is playing on DBL.

True. If EB is not queued we go there first ([CL]), the second choice is DBL. Before hot 80%+ of time we were on ABL.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

in WvW

Jong.5937

True. If EB is not queued we go there first ([CL]), the second choice is DBL. Before hot 80%+ of time we were on ABL.

You should try again. Last week much more fun to be had on borders than in EB.

Piken Square

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Nobody was playing on DBl, prior to the changes. Few were playing full stop. There were barely enough for 1 map. It’s little wonder people blobbed in EB for fights. The ABls would have had similar, if not quite so severe problems, because the new borders clearly did have issues!

More importantly though, since last week, the fights have been great. We even had a great fight on the, much maligned, stairs at fire keep that was really different, in a good way. Wouldn’t want all to be the same, but that’s the point. The current DBl and ABl will work well in rotation.

Did you somehow forget that servers were linked last week? so yes there are more players on the dbl these days. While the changes to the dbl were good, I highly doubt that’s the reason players have returned.

I returned to see what the linking would be like and played on the dbl on the weekend, but haven’t played much on the weekdays and when I did it was in ebg, cause guess where most of the players were…

in WvW

Jong.5937

Did you somehow forget that servers were linked last week? so yes there are more players on the dbl these days. While the changes to the dbl were good, I highly doubt that’s the reason players have returned.

I returned to see what the linking would be like and played on the dbl on the weekend, but haven’t played much on the weekdays and when I did it was in ebg, cause guess where most of the players were…

I can only speak for our matchup. SFR and BB are not even in an alliance and Gandara are paired with Ruins of Surmia (the previous bottom rated EU server by a fair margin)! Without wishing to disrespect our RoS friends (I actually started with RoS, someone else in the house is still with them and I still remember it fondly) I sincerely doubt our matchup has been more than negligible impacted by the alliance changes!

BTW, I am not claiming the return is wholly or even majorly down to the DBl changes. It is more due to the other changes, e.g. Stability and, yes, rewards. But when all the changes are added together the DBls are in a very different place to 10 days ago.

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

in WvW

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I was very disappointed to see this poll without anything being said about alpine. Honestly, they should do NOTHING for wvw but bring back alpine, before doing anything else. If it would be back tomorrow then that’s half a year too late.

Game was unplayable due to boring EB, now its unplayable due to hour long queues. Sad really, cause there still is no game like GW2.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

I was very disappointed to see this poll without anything being said about alpine. Honestly, they should do NOTHING for wvw but bring back alpine, before doing anything else. If it would be back tomorrow then that’s half a year too late.

why asking when it’s already decided?

in WvW

Jong.5937

Yes, Alpine is coming back in the next couple of weeks (my understanding of what Anet have said), so nothing to poll. Only thing they could have added is a question whether to go for Alpine, Desert or both in rotation, that would get the same divided opinions that all these threads have. Again, nothing really to poll.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Game was unplayable due to boring EB, now its unplayable due to hour long queues. Sad really, cause there still is no game like GW2.

Changing maps will reduce queues how exactly?

in WvW

Posted by: SilentKill.9586

SilentKill.9586

Although I agree that the changes to the desert bls are a lot better there are still room for improvements.

1.The terrain is fine minus a few little things imo. The distances between the northern towers need to be less for defenders. It is already a really long run to the 2 southern towers due to terrain. On the alpine maps both towers were right outside spawn. It was like this for a reason. Garrison is the most important place on the map and both northern towers supported garrison. Now there is no real strategic advantage of holding either tower so no one worries about them anymore. In turn their are less fights up north.

2. The map itself is still way to large. Even with qued maps it takes so long for defenders to get anywhere that does not have a wp on it. I like that you have to guard wps like before but the fact it takes forever to get to a keep without a wp is almost impossible for a defending group to save. Once again less fights on the bls.

3. With more entry points into a keep it makes it near impossible for roamers to scout which used to be a huge factor on bls. Maybe a few less entry points per keep and garri. Once again less roamers means more karma trains, in turn means less fights because roamers will not scout maps that no one will come to help. Honestly, it should not take 20 mins to scout a keep or garri trying to find a group who is hitting it.

4. Not sure if this was brought back so if I’m wrong I apologize now. The wp timers used to be a huge thing. I believe it was every 3 minutes you had like 2 seconds to spawn to help. If this is gone it needs to be brought back. Not every server has 100 guilds on it placing emergency wps. Plus it is a 30 min timer I believe so if someone trolls it you have already lost the battle. I would like to see any keep or garrison without a emergency tactivator get the 3min rule brought back. If you implement a emergency wp it neutralizes the 3min rule. Or something to that effect. Once again the more you allow defenders to come save important structures the more fights you will get on bls and less ques on ebg.

Snoopysrevenge “They’re So Angry”
TIE Guild Leader
Mag Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I enjoy the DBL’s, but Anet needs to bring back Alpine for the sole reason of making people stop qq’ing so much about DBL.

Though I guess we’ll also get qq’ing about Alpine when they do come back. As for me, I’ll play the course I’m given, and enjoy what I have.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

I believe he is referring to just the ebg queue, not all maps. If you are with a server that is highly populated already then, yes, all maps may be queued and you will have to wait.
BUT, if only ebg is queued, some people will happily go to alpine bl to play all night vs going to dbl just to waste time waiting for the ebg queue to end. Get it?

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

I enjoy the DBL’s, but Anet needs to bring back Alpine for the sole reason of making people stop qq’ing so much about DBL.

Though I guess we’ll also get qq’ing about Alpine when they do come back. As for me, I’ll play the course I’m given, and enjoy what I have.

you sir, are a saint

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

I would like to state that i believe they should scrap the EOTM instance totally from the game, thats why i added the map to the rotation, if rewerked to ensure another map for map-rotation.

At least it would bring players back to the servers aswell. We all started out from somewhere and had to learn the game at some point, but if a backdoor is there that takes the players out of WvW instead of letting them play the game its stupid.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I believe he is referring to just the ebg queue, not all maps. If you are with a server that is highly populated already then, yes, all maps may be queued and you will have to wait.
BUT, if only ebg is queued, some people will happily go to alpine bl to play all night vs going to dbl just to waste time waiting for the ebg queue to end. Get it?

Not really.

1 – EB had queues before HoT too.
2 – BL maps are full of people already playing all night

To me it sounds like he was just complaining because he likes to complain, it was bad earlier and it is bad now too. Get it?

in WvW

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Not really.

To me it sounds like he was just complaining because he likes to complain, it was bad earlier and it is bad now too. Get it?

Right dude, I don’t know what the situation on your server is, but he was exactly right in explaining what I meant.

On my server, DBL’s are empty save for the regular zergs. EB has a 40 man queue that does not dissolve quickly (half an hour++) as soon as 12:00 in the afternoon if your unlucky. At prime time, don’t log in if you want to go EB (2 hour+).

Alpine will fix this.

Man, all these people that get on the ’don’t complain or quit’ hype train are exhausting. The game got worse, a lot worse, off course I complain. Especially if the solution can be so simple.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in WvW

Jong.5937

For the last week, since all the changes and the return of players, we have often had queues on at least one (map jump) or two borders. The borders have had great fights led mostly by the best commanders. EB, yes with massive queues, has often been left to the pugs to manage by themselves.

All of this is very similar to the “halcyon days” when the Alpine borders were still with us. If people are still staying out of the DBls they are allowing past experience to get in the way of their enjoyment of the game.

More variety is a good thing. The ABls had developed a very stale meta where everyone knew every siege location and counter. Having both ABl and DBl will be good; I just hope we can have frequent rotation and not 3-monthly, as originally suggested.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Not really.

Pre HoT I spent 95% of my time in the bl’s. Now I spend 90% of my time in EBG and 10% on the bl’s waiting for the queue. If the queue is too long I simply log off.

The desert sucks. Roamers are pretty much non existent. The only players you see are the ones that insta run into towers/keeps to hop on siege (or wp if they have nowhere to hide ) or karma trains that will chase a solo roamer from one end of the map to the other out of boredom.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I dont actually like the Alpine – the Alpine is just meh outdated and old.
People are QQ’ing they wont play unless Alpine is here – that mode was history.
Given the latest changes to DBL they are way more fun than Alpine ever was – much more places to hide round corners and go boom boom fight.

We’ll see if there are big ques on Alpine or it just servers as an ‘overflow’ again for people trying to get into EB BL. I suspect its just going to be an overflow again.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I am not a core WvW player, but if Anet ever brought Alpine hack, can you please keep both Alpine and Dbl open?? Cause I rather play on Dbl than a bland looking, non-strategic map that alpine was.

Thanks.

In sum: keep both open. I like roaming and get to g into 1 vs 1, the bigger the maps are the better, IMO.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

Not really.

au contraire mon frère