An option to disable "orb" buff on myself?

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

The fact is that you ask to remove features requiring more pvp “personal” skill to take and hold than zerginess, which benefit the most to small group play and which is also leading to a better balance of servers in most case-

Fact is that we ask to toggle something so a part of WvW stays legit and existant.
This which we want to toggle should also not be in the game in the first place as it will bring even more unbalance to the game mode.

I remember the days where customer feedback was taken seriously and not ignored or looked down upon

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

The fact is that you ask to remove features requiring more pvp “personal” skill to take and hold than zerginess, which benefit the most to small group play and which is also leading to a better balance of servers in most case-

Fact is that we ask to toggle something so a part of WvW stays legit and existant.
This which we want to toggle should also not be in the game in the first place as it will bring even more unbalance to the game mode.

I remember the days where customer feedback was taken seriously and not ignored or looked down upon

GvG is not an intended or legit part of wvw. I’m not saying there shouldnt be a place for more than 8v8 or 10v10 fights (unless they add support for spvp up to 20v20 then it would be fine there) However, that place is not wvw

in WvW

Esuni.2498

GvG is not an intended or legit part of wvw. I’m not saying there shouldnt be a place for more than 8v8 or 10v10 fights (unless they add support for spvp up to 20v20 then it would be fine there) However, that place is not wvw

There are 2 playstyles in this game, sit behind siege all day and blob up to pvd and press 1 to get doors or small groups down. And you have the solo roamers, small group romaers and guild roamers.

This update is meant for the 2nd part of these players, and these players do not want a stat buff.
Do you know why?
Because they dont like killing players while they themselves have an unfair advantage over the other as it brings no satisfaction of outskilling an opponent.

Do you also know why GvG is formed?
Because players wanted to know who was best in a fight that was as fair as possible, not using guard stacks, not using weapon stacks. They use them in WvW right now because they have no choise as it makes them weaker against the players of the other style who do use them.

It’s ironic that he makes an update that should attract a certain type of players, and thosep layers do not want a part of theb uff it gives.
The update wouldve been greta but this buff and the atitude that a certain dev is giving is ruining this.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

There are 2 playstyles in this game, sit behind siege all day and blob up to pvd and press 1 to get doors or small groups down. And you have the solo roamers, small group romaers and guild roamers.

This update is meant for the 2nd part of these players, and these players do not want a stat buff.
Do you know why?
Because they dont like killing players while they themselves have an unfair advantage over the other as it brings no satisfaction of outskilling an opponent.

Because players wanted to know who was best in a fight that was as fair as possible, not using guard stacks, not using weapon stacks. They use them in WvW right now because they have no choise as it makes them weaker against the players of the other style who do use them.

It’s ironic that he makes an update that should attract a certain type of players, and thosep layers do not want a part of theb uff it gives.
The update wouldve been greta but this buff and the atitude that a certain dev is giving is ruining this.

Let me face that which is insurmountable… It’s the entire point.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

Do you know why?

yeah solo roamers dont want an unfair advantage… thats why most roamers gank people from behind or from stealth…. If players actually wanted a fair and even fight, they would goto custom arenas in spvp. WvW is not designed to be fair and balanced, Nor is it designed for GvG your point is full of holes

in WvW

Esuni.2498

Thieves their current playstyle is based on stealth, if any other class jumped you then you were not paying attention to your surroundings, thieves are also easy to spot by red circles (no I don’t play thief)
Basing your point on thieves is pointless as thats 1 of 8 classes, it also doesnt have to do with anything with what I mentioned

Seems you don’t get my point at all though, you should read Aneu his post, maybe it will give you some clean sight on the current situation.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think some ppl is missing the point of this complain/request.

Bloodlust as it is, with the old orbs buff, is not bad for GvG, roaming or fair fights only.

It’s bad for WvW as whole.
We had already Orbs back 1 year ago so it isn’t even speculation, we experienced it already: it just increase the strenght of the already winning server, leads to snowballing, and increases the gap in blowouts due to sheer coverage.

That’s why it should be changed.
Before any Gvg/roaming/fair fights complain.

This argument makes it incredibly easy to dismiss your complaint. This isn’t the orb mechanic from launch, the buff is similair but the method of attaining and holding it isn’t. It’s much harder to acquire and hold this buff compared to the orb. You can’t zerg this buff, you have to win in at least three places at the same time to acquire it. You also have to prevent the enemy from being in three places at the same time to keep it. If any enemy server has five small teams at each point and you only defend three, they are getting two easy points and can hit the third hard (or act and react on the other three to pull defenders off or overwhelm them). All of this will involve open field combat (with large consideration for terrain) and puts a great deal of value on the side that can mobilise their forces strategically and quickly. This is dramatically different from an orb which can be acquired by a zerg and hidden behind a heavily fortified tower that favours the defender and allows the zerg to protect it. That’s a massive difference in these two mechanics and anyone who bases the premise of their criticism on “we had this orb mechanic before” is being outright ignorant.

People are not arguing against the mechanic. It looks like a good addition.

People are arguing against the bloodlust buff. The +stats to each individual.

I’ll ask you the same thing I asked Devon since he probably won’t respond. How do you think this will do anything other than make the stronger server even stronger?

You mentioned personal skill level mattering more in a smaller fight. This is true. But the stronger server is going to win this battle too.

Lets be real here. Despite all the talk about population and coverage being the reason for higher ranked servers winning we have to be honest. While population and coverage is paramount, higher ranked servers also have a greater number of skilled people. That doesn’t mean there aren’t skilled people on lower ranked servers. Just not as many of them.

This will do nothing but make the stronger server win by more and dominate more than it would have without the buff. Bad bad bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

yeah solo roamers dont want an unfair advantage… thats why most roamers gank people from behind or from stealth…. If players actually wanted a fair and even fight, they would goto custom arenas in spvp. WvW is not designed to be fair and balanced, Nor is it designed for GvG your point is full of holes

Now you’re just using GvG as your whipping post. Its not just about that, nor is it all about wanting “fair” fights. Its about wanting fun fights.

Most people realize that ppt is all about coverage, rather than being an indicator of skill. As such, they realize that sitting around getting shot by arrow carts while waiting for a ram to break a door is not only boring but also pointless. They would rather be mixing it up with other players, since that’s why they came to WvW in the first place.

So now, consider there a 40 man zerg shredding my borderlands that not only has my group outnumbered, but is also stat-buffed. What incentive is there for me to fight them, or for me to even be in WvW at all if it is only going to get me a repair bill? And don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind dying. I do it a lot. But all this buff is going to accomplish is squeezing the last tiny little drop of skilled play out of WvW by making it totally dependent on coverage.

[RAGE]

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

Thieves their current playstyle is based on stealth, if any other class jumped you then you were not paying attention to your surroundings, thieves are also easy to spot by red circles (no I don’t play thief)
Basing your point on thieves is pointless as thats 1 of 8 classes, it also doesnt have to do with anything with what I mentioned

Seems you don’t get my point at all though, you should read Aneu his post, maybe it will give you some clean sight on the current situation.

No, your ignoring the point. WvW is designed to be imbalanced, it is designed to create unfair fights, and unfair advantages, see plenty of youtube videos on Engi’s and mesmers using stealth to gank, or recap towers, entire zergs abusing veil to engage an enemy group unaware. if you want fair, even fights, spvp is that way, WvW is not designed for that

in WvW

Posted by: Zumos.2056

Zumos.2056

No. That is not a possibility at this time. The point of the buff is to affect the WvW game mode as a whole disabling it on your character would lessen the value of the buff to a server and completely invalidate the whole point.

You bring up the argument that having the option to disable the buff would lessen the value of the buff to a server. You know why we want to be able to turn the buff off: to do an organised fight. While doing this organised fight we are not of any value to our server anyway, so your argument doesn’t make any sense to me.

It disappionts me how the devs are ignoring the GvG scène. I can understand you don’t want to put much work into it if you don’t like the idea. But destroying the whole concept with orbs that are not gonna add much value to our game experience anyway sounds like a big mistake.

Zumos
Red Guard

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

No. That is not a possibility at this time. The point of the buff is to affect the WvW game mode as a whole disabling it on your character would lessen the value of the buff to a server and completely invalidate the whole point.

You bring up the argument that having the option to disable the buff would lessen the value of the buff to a server. You know why we want to be able to turn the buff off: to do an organised fight. While doing this organised fight we are not of any value to our server anyway, so your argument doesn’t make any sense to me.

It disappionts me how the devs are ignoring the GvG scène. I can understand you don’t want to put much work into it if you don’t like the idea. But destroying the whole concept with orbs that are not gonna add much value to our game experience anyway sounds like a big mistake.

Obsidian Sanctum…

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

^ Shemsu thinking the same thing i am …

@Devon

will these bonuses affect people in the EB jumping puzzle?

if not, can we have an entrance to the puzzle from EACH bl rather than just EB, and perhaps an increase on the population cap for the map, so as to continue with GvG’s and fight clubs without the buff?

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Obsidian Sanctum…

Single color fully fortified EBG.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

You’re an elite guild who laughs at scrubs hiding behind arrow carts, go show um what you’re made of and take a single keep! I believe in you!

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

That’s super boring.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zeal.1376

Zeal.1376

I don’t think the devs really understand how much of the people wanting ‘GvG’ or in Devon’s words: ‘’ Coordinated Combat ’’ are actually also their WvW populous. I think it’s safe to assume 60% of the WvW community consists out of guilds that are, or at some point will be, involved in GvGs.

We play open field battles because frankly, WvW meta of sieging is horribly boring.

As a reply to those people saying GvG doesn’t contribute to WvW, I point you to the first part of my post. If 60% of the WvW community consists out of guilds, of which the GvG community are mostly the ‘top dogs’ amongst guilds, then how is a guild not contributing to WvW if they are keeping that other guild ‘busy’ with a GvG?

A guild will almost ALWAYS go watch their group of players fight that other guild. Most top guilds have an average of 20-40 players on at EVERY night. Thus, that is 40 highly skilled steamrolling war machines NOT trying to take your keep so that the ‘WvW players (aka pugs)’ would come out and they could get a fight !

Do you have any idea what it means to have 40 people LESS trying to cap all your stuff ?
Not only that, half the time OTHER guilds from the 3(!!!) servers go to spectate resulting in an even SAFER border !!

IDK about you, but GvG is by far the best method of keeping people ‘out’ of your border, since they are preoccupied with something more fun, more skillful, more coordinated and generally more rewarding ( for the people having fun ) than standing on that ram, blasting water fields, under 5 superior ACs, that instant down you.

/singed, many great ideas here ! ( particularly like the one where you swap the buffs from outmanned and the orbs ).

We Be Husslin/ Im A Husslah Baby/ El Husslar/ – We Be Chilling –

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Did you just say 60% of the population in World vs World is involved in GvG

cause I have to tell you, You’re wrong.. ..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Zeal.1376

Zeal.1376

Regardless of the %, it’s still a lot. There’s a lot of servers out there that consist mainly out of guilds.

Furthermore I’d like to point out that a non-official stream of a person in GvG gets what, 5x more viewers than an official SPVP stream?
This just to point out that you have a popular concept that you should be exploiting, rather then trying to destroy. But that’s just my 2 cents.

We Be Husslin/ Im A Husslah Baby/ El Husslar/ – We Be Chilling –

(edited by Zeal.1376)

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

I don’t believe that many people are using the WvW maps to do things other than the intended uses, I believe the majority of people play WvW as intended.

Literally every WvW guild on my server also GvGs, and every server has fight clubs etc going on. TC even has a event where they all use Dolyak tonics and try to make it from south camp to north while the other servers try to kill them. This event always queues up the map for all 3 servers in minutes . To make the statement that people aren’t doing these things means you most likely ignore them or don’t want to admit they’re happening. Even outside of T1/1.5 generally what commanders care about is the fighting instead of the PPT. I think it’s safe to say the majority truly doesn’t care about the PPT war anymore, it got old.

To add, if Anets vision of WvW is sitting in towers with AC’s, they’ve made a pretty boring game mode.

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Istaf.1953)

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Furthermore I’d like to point out that a non-official stream of a person in GvG gets what, 5x more viewers than an official SPVP stream?

For some random events, sure.

I don’t think I’ve seen kitten viewers GvG stream yet though.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

People who are arguing for the changes need to realize that we want this option not because it harms GvG but its just a terrible change period. They should not have a straight stat boost; they want incentive to capture these points make direct wvw mechanics that work with these buffs.

1/2/3 Bloodlust Buffs – Upgrades go 10/20/30% faster in HOMEBL
1/2/3 Bloodlust Buffs – All Friendly Yaks carry 10%/20/30% more supply

These are just two quick ideas; they would not directly give a massive advantage to the blobs and also they would add a new layer of tactical innovation for the ppt players. A straight up stat boost is horrible ; same way wxp encouraged blobbing; same way tradeable siege made t1/t2 NA omegaddons. I like that the lake encourages people to split up more to get the buff than just blob on one dorito but a straight up stat increase is still lazy developing.

/signed, I agree that raw stat buffs does not promote smart game play. T1 NA wants smarter play, less blob rewarding Anet.

Also to play off your suggestion, it would be great to see the center area holdings give a buff depending on what points are being held as well. Thus it’s not an all or nothing for one side only.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

How do people and the Anet Devs not realize thakittens the Guilds that hold WvW together? The guilds that play competitively are the ones that are out there and actually KEEP WvW populated. We go out there in the hopes to find competitive fights and the GvG system we’ve made is the ONLY way to get a measurable competitive fight for guilds. Anet wanted a large scale pvp environment and that’s what our guilds are looking for. kitten off if you think we should go to sPvP for fair fights. If you think it’s the same you’re an ignorant joke.

Our WvW guilds have caused the rise and fall of all the servers. Look at the dead servers in NA? Now you want to introduce a mechanic that destroys the most measurably competitive play in WvW? Devon, look at the servers that have died. If you keep the buff as is, you will kill this game when you have the chance to make it so much better. Listen do your WvW/GvG guilds (the majority of us are one in the same). We will leave this game dead if you choose to kill it.

Being into The GvG scene does not mean we don’t WvW. Take it away though and it might, so all you saying the buff is awesome should think about what it will be like when the organized guilds leave this game.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Did you just say 60% of the population in World vs World is involved in GvG

cause I have to tell you, You’re wrong.. ..

Depends on the server. Our two biggest guilds both do it heavily. That ratio would not be horribly inaccurate for us.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I dunno why but I get this feeling that Anet is ignoring this thread now…..

in WvW

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

because the thread isnt worth to be watched… better to not have the stats buff then to be able to disable the buff

so stop talking about disabler the buff and start to talk about how we can manage as community that the buff doesnt get introduced with a stats buff

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

because the thread isnt worth to be watched… better to not have the stats buff then to be able to disable the buff

so stop talking about disabler the buff and start to talk about how we can manage as community that the buff doesnt get introduced with a stats buff

If the fact that >95% of the posts are against it doen’t convince them, I don’t know what will.

I mean even with the AC change, you had a good number of people in there supporting the change. With this, you have just a few.

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

If the fact that >95% of the posts are against it doen’t convince them, I don’t know what will.

I mean even with the AC change, you had a good number of people in there supporting the change. With this, you have just a few.

It wont, and shouldnt convince them. Personally I could care less either way about the stat points, though i love the stomp ppt part. However to argue against a WvW development for GvG (ie NOT WvW) reasons, is just not going to work, and it shouldnt. Thats like arguing against a sPvP change for PvE reasons. GvG is NOT WvW, it should not even be considered when making changes and developments regarding WvW. They can go stroke their kitten in the sanctum

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

Obsidian Sanctum…

So the most Elite uber pwnage players with perfect skill and coordination cant take a single keep? I dont think GvG or lack thereof is your problem then

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The question that needs to be asked:

Who was asking for the orb buff to be returned in this form?

You already have RNG matchmaking and leagues, do you really need further incentive to stack the top servers for gem sales?

Are you going to keep expanding the player cap on those top servers until WvW is only for T1?

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

It wont, and shouldnt convince them. Personally I could care less either way about the stat points, though i love the stomp ppt part. However to argue against a WvW development for GvG (ie NOT WvW) reasons, is just not going to work, and it shouldnt. Thats like arguing against a sPvP change for PvE reasons. GvG is NOT WvW, it should not even be considered when making changes and developments regarding WvW. They can go stroke their kitten in the sanctum

Fine, don’t consider it. Plenty of non-GvG players have posted saying they oppose this, mechanics that favor the most populated server in a match are bad for obvious reasons that have been pointed out over and over. Straight stat buffs are also the least interesting means of giving a reward for holding these new points, and lead to confrontations that would have been even before feeling like they were unfair.

Yes uneven fights are part of WvW’s appeal and a big reason why many (including me) prefer it to sPvP, but that doesn’t mean Anet should make it mechanically impossible to have an even one. What I find amusing (in a depressing way) is that most of the people posting in support of Bloodlust seem to be doing so because they want GvG to fail/be ignored.

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

It’s like most everything anet does in wvw. They don’t seam to care much if at all about the hardcore wvw players. They keep adding things nobody asked for and ignore everything we ask for

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Its stupid for people to accept a stat buff that will contribute to snowballing matchups, all in order to spite GVG players. It’s extremely narrow minded.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

It would be a ridiculous twist to claim PPT is the ultimate and sole purpose of WvW. The ultimate purpose of WvW (and GW2 in general) is to have fun. Everything else, including the PPT/objective system exists to supplement that. Either it is intended or else it’s an exploit and/or against the rules. Open field fighting is not against the rules, sorry.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

Fine, don’t consider it. Plenty of non-GvG players have posted saying they oppose this, mechanics that favor the most populated server in a match are bad for obvious reasons that have been pointed out over and over. Straight stat buffs are also the least interesting means of giving a reward for holding these new points, and lead to confrontations that would have been even before feeling like they were unfair.

Yes uneven fights are part of WvW’s appeal and a big reason why many (including me) prefer it to sPvP, but that doesn’t mean Anet should make it mechanically impossible to have an even one. What I find amusing (in a depressing way) is that most of the people posting in support of Bloodlust seem to be doing so because they want GvG to fail/be ignored.

Exactly.

@Shemsu, every post of yours has just been anti-GvG. Consider that a big part of why GvG has evolved is exactly because of the way WvW is functioning. People don’t enjoy PvDoor, and ppt is based almost completely on coverage and numbers. Why would you enjoy taking an undefended keep? There is no sense of accomplishment. The enjoyment of WvW comes from clashing with other players, whether in open field or in a siege. The buff discourages clashing of players period.

[RAGE]

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

The orb buff in the past completely ruined matches. The blowouts were so enormous and the hacking to attain them was so bad that they were removed.

Obviously Anet didn’t learn their lesson last time around.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

As a reminder to everyone, please remain civil and contribute to a constructive discussion of the topic.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Valik Shin.9027

It would be a ridiculous twist to claim PPT is the ultimate and sole purpose of WvW. The ultimate purpose of WvW (and GW2 in general) is to have fun. Everything else, including the PPT/objective system exists to supplement that. Either it is intended or else it’s an exploit and/or against the rules. Open field fighting is not against the rules, sorry.

What about people who enjoy th ppt system the most of all the wvw aspects? I always played wvw to win. I would sacrifice having “fun” if I ment I could help the team win

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

You all could have made GvG the meta, taking your group of 1-10 and fighting other groups of 1-10 at camps and sentries. You could have taken your 20 and fought other groups of 20 outside of towers and keeps. But “death” hurt too much and you all decided to run inside or set up siege. There could be a constant fight at all 13 objectives on a BL map, for groups of every size and composition, but instead you all made giant blobs to avoid any competition.

Now the devs are putting in an open field objective, a place designed specifically for groups to fight other groups, and its going to kill the “scene.” As a small group roamer I say good riddance. All I ever cared about was good fights, but you guys spent the last year making sure points was all that mattered.

As for the stat buff, only the most lopsided matchups/coverage will have 1 team with all 3, getting rolled is getting rolled. Otherwise it sounds like a good place to pick a fight and be rewarded for winning, either me getting the buff or depriving the enemy of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Streps.9784

Streps.9784

Im Not sure if anyone pointed this out already or not But im not going to scroll through all of this painful stuff about removing buffs, 1 i am a hardcore wvw player and i do allot of solo and small group fights and before everyone jumps up and down about u probably come from a big server that gets all the points and buffs easy, no i don’t i come from ET,
where its quality over quantity of players we don’t have allot of numbers but we fight hard so i like the idea of the buffs but just for u all crying about not wanting buffs we already get buffs from wvw have none of u noticed the longer wvw goes on the larger your hp pool gets not to mention a few other buffs and if your in first place u have more hp then the people in last place? now because i come from ET i know at some point im going to be fighting a mindless zerg server that is going to hold them points and you know what i say bring it on we will fight the same with or with out the buffs i was here for the orbs as well and we will fight the same as then the only time the buffs become dangerous is when u get groups of people who think and they are very few and far between

I look forward to this challenge and all the GvG guys will have to live with this its wvw not GvG keep posting about wanting a GvG arena i think its a good idea but wvw is fine as it is and if u guys get your wish and can remove your buff we will probably see you all back in here complaining that you want your buff back on so you can join your zerg and not let your server down

Numbers count for nothing if the people at the top of it no matter how buffed are as mindless as there zerg

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

What about people who enjoy th ppt system the most of all the wvw aspects? I always played wvw to win. I would sacrifice having “fun” if I ment I could help the team win

To clarify, you’re having fun the way you play WvW for the reasons you do it. You’re not “sacrificing” fun to do it, that’s just semantics.

But what about it? What is your question?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in WvW

Valik Shin.9027

I was just trying to make a point that to some people the ppt is the only reason to play. To them it is the reason for wvw to even exists. That number has dropped greatly but there r still people like that.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Love the “go play in sanctum” posts… Are you not aware it is still apart of WvW and you will get the Orb buffs in it?

Man o man I can’t wait for the PvErs to make 12509 posts about getting killed my “buffed players” in it.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Skyllar.3562

Skyllar.3562

we already get buffs from wvw have none of u noticed the longer wvw goes on the larger your hp pool gets not to mention a few other buffs and if your in first place u have more hp then the people in last place?

well but the loosing server gets it too, and the difference isnt that big, usually like 2% Hp. do you really want to compare 2% more hp (400ish at 20k hp) and heal to a 150 allstat buff? (which is 1,5k HP, more crit, more basedmg, more condidmg, more heal, more armor, did i miss something?)

(edited by Skyllar.3562)

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Now the devs are putting in an open field objective, a place designed specifically for groups to fight other groups, and its going to kill the “scene.” As a small group roamer I say good riddance. All I ever cared about was good fights, but you guys spent the last year making sure points was all that mattered.

I don’t think anyone is arguing against the new map objective. The issue is the stat buff. Snowballing mechanics are bad. They were bad last year and they are bad again. It’s lazy design to go with a simple stat buff rather than creating a strategic reason to fight for these new points such as many which have been suggested in this and other threads.

“Getting rolled is getting rolled” you say, I say it’s not so black and white. Adding this buff just makes it that much harder to come back from behind.

In some matches my server starts every “morning” with basically no points and steadily comes back throughout the “day”. We mostly have a strong NA presence, but our opponents often do as well, so it’s not like we just trade off PvD with the other server’s oceanic/asian populations, we have to fight for every inch. In those fights they will all now have an extra stat bonus and more points from killing our frontliners who do the dirty work of retaking our lands every day.

I’m hoping the new points will add some interesting small/medium scale open area fights, it looks like they will. I stand by my opinion that the stat buff is crap design and and other number of incentives would do much better (faster upgrades, less costly repairs, increased defense from siege, swapping buffs with “outmanned”, etc.).

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

Love the “go play in sanctum” posts… Are you not aware it is still apart of WvW and you will get the Orb buffs in it?

Man o man I can’t wait for the PvErs to make 12509 posts about getting killed my “buffed players” in it.

Go watch the stream again, the dev specifically said the buff applies to 4 maps, even going so far as to clarify the 3 borderland maps and EB. Obsidian Sanctum is a seperate map completely, if you were not aware, people in OS dont count for the map caps in EB either.

in WvW

Skyllar.3562

Go watch the stream again, the dev specifically said the buff applies to 4 maps, even going so far as to clarify the 3 borderland maps and EB. Obsidian Sanctum is a seperate map completely, if you were not aware, people in OS dont count for the map caps in EB either.

its anet, i wouldnt wonder if he just didnt think about sanctum when he told us about 4 maps…

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

Exactly.

@Shemsu, every post of yours has just been anti-GvG. Consider that a big part of why GvG has evolved is exactly because of the way WvW is functioning. People don’t enjoy PvDoor, and ppt is based almost completely on coverage and numbers. Why would you enjoy taking an undefended keep? There is no sense of accomplishment. The enjoyment of WvW comes from clashing with other players, whether in open field or in a siege. The buff discourages clashing of players period.

Your post completely misses it. GvG didnt evolve because of the way wvw is functioning, it evolved because wvw is anonymous, and thats not good enough for some players to stroke their kitten too, they want everyone to know how leet they are so they can get off.

Not only that, I never once argued for the stat buff, I could care less, its 500 health, 50 toughness, thats 1/6th of an autoattack not gonna be a game changer. The ppt on stomps i think is an amazing mechanic that could change things up alot. Like i said before, if a FAIR and EVEN fight is what people really wanted, custom arenas exist, but they cant walk around with flashy legendaries stroking themselves for being so amazing at spamming a skill rotation

in WvW

Shemsu.8721

its anet, i wouldnt wonder if he just didnt think about sanctum when he told us about 4 maps…

I’m not gonna say thats impossible, but he literally specified 3 borderlands and EB, and we know OS doesnt impact the map queue and counts as a seperate map. They only thing we have to go on is what he said which was pretty kitten clear

in WvW

Skyllar.3562

Exactly.

Your post completely misses it. GvG didnt evolve because of the way wvw is functioning, it evolved because wvw is anonymous, and thats not good enough for some players to stroke their kitten too, they want everyone to know how leet they are so they can get off.

Not only that, I never once argued for the stat buff, I could care less, its 500 health, 50 toughness, thats 1/6th of an autoattack not gonna be a game changer. The ppt on stomps i think is an amazing mechanic that could change things up alot. Like i said before, if a FAIR and EVEN fight is what people really wanted, custom arenas exist, but they cant walk around with flashy legendaries stroking themselves for being so amazing at spamming a skill rotation

as already stated like a gazillion times: CUSTOM ARENAS ARE NOT AN OPTION
WHY?
Because of a max of 10v10 and a screwed statsystem which allows no diversity and forces you into ~1 metabuild per class (BORING, im heavily into build-theorycrafting for my gvgsquad, spvp would take that away completly, and there are many ppl just like me out there…).

also, spvp stats arent meant for fights of this scale.

(edited by Skyllar.3562)

in WvW

Skyllar.3562

I’m not gonna say thats impossible, but he literally specified 3 borderlands and EB, and we know OS doesnt impact the map queue and counts as a seperate map. They only thing we have to go on is what he said which was pretty kitten clear

maybe he still thought about it as a part of EB? we’ll see, but queue’s to EB will still be a huge problem anyways