Anet Found Balance in T1

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Are we seeing the start of a new dawn?

This ending week, T1 has been neck to neck among all 3 factions right till the end!

and TC won it by the tiniest of margins.

Good fight put up by DB and BG

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Balance in one tier just means stagnation and the eventual attrition of players. Eventually you’ll get a group that wants to change things up and there will be a mass exodus which will throw T1 and T2 out of balance and ruin the WvW experience for four servers until a new T1 balance happens.

Anet should try to make NA a six server rotation and limit the linkings and transfers until 1-6 are balanced.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Meanwhile T3 is absolute garbage. I logged on after not playing for over a month to see if anything had changed, turns out one server got more WvW players and the others shrunk.

No thanks.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Lol, Mal and his sh…. crew are tanking it on purpose so they won’t have to face anyone else.

The game is rigged by very poorly designed RvR mechanics and a bunch of players who game the system.

ANET doesn’t care as long as you buy gems to transfer to the new Server of the Month.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Lol, Mal and his sh…. crew are tanking it on purpose so they won’t have to face anyone else.

The game is rigged by very poorly designed RvR mechanics and a bunch of players who game the system.

ANET doesn’t care as long as you buy gems to transfer to the new Server of the Month.

What Grim said, don’t let anet take credit here. Guilds and players balance tiers and transfer left and right. As long as the gems are bought, anet is fat and happy. Let those gem purchases drop watch them panic as they did earlier this year.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Huh? don’t let that last week fool you, there’s no balance in t1 yet sorry. BG took the week off, especially the last couple days. They both want DB in kitten be their punching bag. They still came at DB with full boon sharing map blobs though, while DB is still trying to take them on with smaller separate groups. DB will get tired of that soon enough I’m sure. Push a lil harder this week JQ, you can do it!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Seyamn.8071

Seyamn.8071

DBs gotta watch out for those jumping puzzle ambushes.

http://i.imgur.com/STgtEJO.png

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

What Grim said, don’t let anet take credit here. Guilds and players balance tiers and transfer left and right. As long as the gems are bought, anet is fat and happy. Let those gem purchases drop watch them panic as they did earlier this year.

The real problem is that the system doesn’t prevent players from overstacking. Players balance poorly.

Instead of locking just overpopulated servers, Anet should also limit of transfers to servers after a win and allow more transfers to servers that lose. Also adjust status quicker for servers that gain or lose veteran WvW players.

Anet should also limit transfers to linked servers who are paired to full and winning servers.

And while I’m on a roll, transfers should also be limited based upon the time you generally play, not on the population of the server as a whole.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

BG’s on a break every time it doesn’t win. Well it’s summer, it’s not just BG, who’s on a break.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

The real problem is that the system doesn’t prevent players from overstacking. Players balance poorly.

Instead of locking just overpopulated servers, Anet should also limit of transfers to servers after a win and allow more transfers to servers that lose. Also adjust status quicker for servers that gain or lose veteran WvW players.

Anet should also limit transfers to linked servers who are paired to full and winning servers.

And while I’m on a roll, transfers should also be limited based upon the time you generally play, not on the population of the server as a whole.

Doing all of this would go a long way to balancing WvW I am sure, but with the lack of gem income WvW would stagnate and die (again).

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They both want DB in kitten be their punching bag

It certainly appears there was a multi world coalition used to replace YB with DB.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This ending week, T1 has been neck to neck among all 3 factions right till the end!

Only cause BG are going back into hibergate mode.

Also by balance you mean no-one moving into T1 which leads to it getting stale, how is that a good thing?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

Only cause BG are going back into hibergate mode.

Also by balance you mean no-one moving into T1 which leads to it getting stale, how is that a good thing?

To be honest, it certainly did feel that way as BG was leading by a fine margin going into the weekend but tapered off during the working days.
It was like they switched off after Saturday and Sunday. But hey maybe the people in that server plays that way and don’t have the time/resource to plug away throughout while TC and DB just kept plugging through all the days.

So rather than say TC won because BG turned off, I would give more credit to TC and DB for fighting on through all the days.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Been a good couple of weeks in T1 – had some great fights.

The skill lag is real though….

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Just NA problems.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

Lots of fun fights vs DB…TC, not so much

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Balance in one tier just means stagnation and the eventual attrition of players. Eventually you’ll get a group that wants to change things up and there will be a mass exodus which will throw T1 and T2 out of balance and ruin the WvW experience for four servers until a new T1 balance happens.

Anet should try to make NA a six server rotation and limit the linkings and transfers until 1-6 are balanced.

This is a problem we are seeing again already. For whatever reason, there are people pushing PPT really hard on JQ and I’m afraid it will push us to T1 again. We don’t have the numbers to even try and compete with TC or BG.

Personally a lot of us have been having fun fighting different servers for a change. DB and FA did 2v1 us every time but fighting against Mag, SoS, and SBI have been fun. FA too when DB isn’t around.

Maguuma Guardian

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

TL:DR – Yes.

Not sure why my name had to be mentioned here. But I guess keeping up with mad court is what makes you guys tick. However, this time around it’s more of an global community act than anything else. You see, when you examine WvW as it is, the mechanics simply allow the community to balance themselves. This is an intended function of GW2.

The reset of the volatility speeds the entire process up. The system has not changed at it’s core. What is has now is a possible expiration date on “staleness” or stagnant matches. It reevaluates and links/locks servers respectively making us all adjust at a whim within the same system. It does this all while collapsing multiple servers under the tier structure, thus it’s also limiting the over all space we have to play.

The community aspects..(politics)

1. BG and TC both wanted YB out of Tier 1. BG has wanted YB out of Tier 1 before any of these changes took place along with JQ.

2. JQ recently suffered from a huge exodus of guilds and players in the wake of these changes that drastically limited the effectiveness of having such a large rating.

3. My alliance moved to TC + others, and the rebels moved to DB literally making DB a server that’s prone to rotating in the wake of these changes and the instability of JQ. Along with TCs push for Tier 1.

4. The first linked pairs, allowed 3 other servers to be linked up with Tier 1 servers. It did this while keeping the Tier 1 servers locked and the Guest server open. This caused huge waves of players to move to these guest servers.

Contrary to popular belief, the general populace of this game does not prefer lower tier quality of life. The system by design progressively moves players up competitively as it is. Therefore Arena Net literally incised individual player base to Tier 1 life when there was more so a reason to play WvW. BG got the biggest boost in player base. It showed in their coverage and the ceiling created in such a short time frame.

5. Arena Net reevaluated again. Now, Blackgate is locked. YB and TC are open and even JQ is locked and some other Tier 2 servers like FA. Why? It’s obvious by design the system is working it’s way down the pool of overall player base to balance the general populace.

The ET players could not get back to BG. ET players moved to TC and Kaining players also moved to TC simply because they experienced a game state that was healthier than the rest. They wanted back in this Tier. This act Balanced Tier 1 in itself. Arena Net gave the community options to balance and the community took it after a “play test” and after examining possible outcomes for themselves and their respective guilds.

6. YB didn’t gain many new recruits. In fact they lost more than they gained in terms of guilds. While DB is gaining.

LAST. Reevaluation and re link meets community driven effort to show general populace through WvW glicko gains during a volatility reset in which servers fall faster and rises faster as well. Making all the dynamics happen faster. .This is what happened and this is what we have now.

Each reevaluation will allow the community to balance it self. The structure will trickle down in balance. The overall glicko ceiling will fall as it has been. The most interesting and controversial thing happening as it stands is happening in the very last Tier. Because of how the mechanics work and the collapsing of the tiers. The bottom servers are left with a massive wall. Even with the changes at hand, the population of the lower tiers in terms of coverage simply do not equate. Because 3 of those servers were also Tier 1 guest it also does not help.

Only time will tell if this all works out and the community takes it well enough to see it happen. It is possible to have more competitive healthier communities that are similar to the higher tiers. It is progressively happening with Arena Nets help and Tier 1 is exciting.

But I don’t believe it’s a locked Tier and I don’t think we are done experiencing changes overall.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

TC has now officially taken over YB’s spot in T1 as the “run and back cap” server !

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

TC has now officially taken over YB’s spot in T1 as the “run and back cap” server !

TC’s always been this way. They were this way last time they were in T1 as well, along with the siege humping. It’s what you get with a server full of casuals and RPers.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: AlumAtWar.8206

AlumAtWar.8206

There is no balance in WvW in the current format. It consists of 2 dominant servers who have members that decide to work together or in parallel (ie, they rarely fight each other) to crush the 3rd main severe in the tier. Adding a minor server has only made the situation worse. Go to a 1 v 1 format. Anything other than what you are doing, as in the in current format players cannot even complete wvw dailies, due this 2 on 1 practice. Currently quality of our server play is worse than what hall of heros degenerated into in end days of GW and I am ready to quit supporting this game. Please see quote below as support that this is a FLAWED system.

MaLeVoLenT.8129:

The community aspects..(politics)

1. BG and TC both wanted YB out of Tier 1. BG has wanted YB out of Tier 1 before any of these changes took place along with JQ.

2. JQ recently suffered from a huge exodus of guilds and players in the wake of these changes that drastically limited the effectiveness of having such a large rating.

3. My alliance moved to TC + others, and the rebels moved to DB literally making DB a server that’s prone to rotating in the wake of these changes and the instability of JQ. Along with TCs push for Tier 1.

(edited by AlumAtWar.8206)

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

TC’s always been this way. They were this way last time they were in T1 as well, along with the siege humping. It’s what you get with a server full of casuals and RPers.

It’s funny. As a member of TC for nearly 4 years, I’ve never once been a large-scale group that ran back and capped. I’ve never participated in siege hunting. In contrast, I see BG (and to a lesser extent, YB and DB) running unless they outnumber us 2:1 and frequently been a target of siege humping.

Clearly, there are large-group commanders on every high-tier server that favor low-risk, high-karma|PPT tactics. Just as clearly, there are lots of effective YOLO Doritos, too. Who you run into is a function of time, place, scores, holidays, and lots of other factors completely unrelated to your choice of world.

I hate playing against “cowardly” commanders because it’s dull, but I don’t fault them at all — everything is fair during battle (within the game’s ToS). People cap & run and siege hump because it works; it’s got nothing to do with the world you’re on or opposing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

BG conveniently seems to be on break whenever they lose. True or not, it’s a bit boring.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Reverence.6915

BG conveniently seems to be on break whenever they lose. True or not, it’s a bit boring.

Not really. We had 5-6 guilds (depends if you consider disbanding as leaving) leave BG before the DB matchup due to queues and/or lack of fights, as well as some commanders having RL priorities this week means less coverage.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

2nd week in a row where the scores are neck to neck. I think we got a winning Tier.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

T3 is really stale, it’s hard to get motivated to run ops against the same people for 3 months.

I wish they’d change it so the top ranked server in a tier moved up a tier and lowest moved down at reset. It would still work with the glicko, but provide at least a 2 week rotating matchup.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

2nd week in a row where the scores are neck to neck. I think we got a winning Tier.

With BG on a break and TC propping up the score by not running over everything in sight? Sure, close, I guess. If both those t1 servers were playing at regular strength I have no doubt DB would be in the middle getting crushed (like reset night), but then they would chase the pugs away and there wouldn’t be anyone to feed to the TC blobs.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

Bg ain’t on a break most guilds left.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Asa.3602

Asa.3602

It’s pretty balanced right now BUT DB is the only t1 server currently open while TC and BG are closed. So DB is still getting bigger everyday as more people transfer. ops? Did someone say balance?

(edited by Asa.3602)

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

- Everyone fights
- Everyone runs
- Hell everyone scouts when they eat food at there desk
- Everyone uses siege – yes I have been under some heavy siege from BG just as much as I have with any other opponent
- Everyone open field fights
- Everyone targets anet tags like they hold precursors
- Everyone roams at times
- Everyone blobs at times
- Everyone attacks
- Everyone defends

Most of all, everyone says the same old boring kitten comments about opponents. No one is any different or any more special than the other. In your opponents eyes, your a red dead special snowflake.

Sad to know some BG guilds had enough, but being on TC – have been through that many times. I enjoy fighting BG, have enjoyed fighting them for the better part of the past 2 years. DB nice to have… and have provided some fun as well. Don’t care who wins losses or draws … just care to have fun place to go enjoy the game with good people, good drinks, good comms, and enjoy the game.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

- Everyone fights
- Everyone runs
- Hell everyone scouts when they eat food at there desk
- Everyone uses siege – yes I have been under some heavy siege from BG just as much as I have with any other opponent
- Everyone open field fights
- Everyone targets anet tags like they hold precursors
- Everyone roams at times
- Everyone blobs at times
- Everyone attacks
- Everyone defends

Most of all, everyone says the same old boring kitten comments about opponents. No one is any different or any more special than the other. In your opponents eyes, your a red dead special snowflake.

Sad to know some BG guilds had enough, but being on TC – have been through that many times. I enjoy fighting BG, have enjoyed fighting them for the better part of the past 2 years. DB nice to have… and have provided some fun as well. Don’t care who wins losses or draws … just care to have fun place to go enjoy the game with good people, good drinks, good comms, and enjoy the game.

+1

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

It’s boring on the field and off. Their forum warriors have been posting the same stuff for years.

In any event, BG would either zerg everything down with double numbers for the win or hibergate and ‘let you win’, either way congratulating themselves.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

SoPP.7034

Bg ain’t on a break most guilds left.

Someone like you has managed to post something like this every few months. Yet nothing really changes (hibergate).

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Nikola.3841

It’s boring on the field and off. Their forum warriors have been posting the same stuff for years.

In any event, BG would either zerg everything down with double numbers for the win or hibergate and ‘let you win’, either way congratulating themselves.

BG constantly try to take SMC even when we have outnumbered buff on ebg map…I have yet to see TC try to take it without mapblob if there are any defenders…if I’d be biased, I’d bash DB too, but theres clear difference between DB and TC willing to fight unfavored fights, and I’m not the only one seeing it

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

SoPP.7034

BG constantly try to take SMC even when we have outnumbered buff on ebg map…

No ones saying they run from fights, its all the BS that comes with it that’s annoying af. Either 110% nerd rage or lukewarm liquid.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Not really. We had 5-6 guilds (depends if you consider disbanding as leaving) leave BG before the DB matchup due to queues and/or lack of fights, as well as some commanders having RL priorities this week means less coverage.

Yep. The roaming/havoc sized group that’s left of our guild moved from BG to DB because people would kitten and complain about not being to out blob/PPT BG rather than fight. At least BG has people for us to brawl with.

Whispers with meat.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

My understanding is that guilds run T1, they move around a lot to keep certain servers in T1 and adjust to the ppt and score. Other than that was in T1 for a few months and the politics were just weird.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: AlumAtWar.8206

AlumAtWar.8206

Politics in T1 do not exist. Its pretty much BG’s call as to who will take the 3rd spot once they have a willing 2nd server who is satisfied with a 2nd place finish. Once that pecking order is established, BG zergs and #2 guild plays with them in parallel. See multiple posts above. Anet should add decreased supplies and rapid “siege” deterioration to compensate, like over extension of supply lines irl.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Nighteyess.2149

Nighteyess.2149

Politics in T1 do not exist. Its pretty much BG’s call as to who will take the 3rd spot once they have a willing 2nd server who is satisfied with a 2nd place finish. Once that pecking order is established, BG zergs and #2 guild plays with them in parallel. See multiple posts above. Anet should add decreased supplies and rapid “siege” deterioration to compensate, like over extension of supply lines irl.

Before the Linking YB had first and BG was 3rd. Since BG have been unlinked they have not taken first

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Sorta contradicted yourself. No offense intended

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

conspiracy is going really strong here.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

I hate it when people say bg is on break, bg never has been on break, good guilds just rise and fall. Ever since the unlink of ET with us, we’ve been lacking on numbers in the NA region.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Before the Linking YB had first and BG was 3rd. Since BG have been unlinked they have not taken first

BG came first when all the improvements started to be made to WvW after the HOT disaster. That brought players back, now they are getting bored and going back into hibernation. ET may have had some effect but can hardly be the only explanation.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Reverence.6915

BG came first when all the improvements started to be made to WvW after the HOT disaster. That brought players back, now they are getting bored and going back into hibernation. ET may have had some effect but can hardly be the only explanation.

You underestimate the bandwagon train onto ET. It was crazy. 4 map queues during weekdays during NA. 2 map queues for OCX. Since the unlink, I’ve just been seeing outnumbered buff for BG OCX unless me and KnM runs at the same time.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Reverence.6915

How dare you bring facts onto these forums.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Most of the time, BG has outnumbered buff on 3 out of 4 maps

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

A few hours ago I was watching BG and TC scrimming and not caring at all about DB being in first. T1 is not balanced, it’s simply that they are letting DB win. This way DB gains Glicko and it will put the T1 wall back up for now.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

That’s something their PPT enthusiasts say to save face. The trick is to catch the forum warriors at the start/middle of the week when they think they’ve won and claim they’re “bringing it” this week. Then you crush them and they have to think of another lie or change the subject.

:p lol

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Theres no “ppt enthusiasts” on BG…that title is totally reserved for TC and YB…meaningless number to brag about after been beaten over and over by lesser numbers, lol

Anet Found Balance in T1

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

The fact they’ve coined terminology like “hibergate” suggests they need an excuse for losing, as if no other server deals with the same issues. There are just as many tryhards on BG, but when it’s a fairly even match and they lose, we’re all expecting to see that magical word pop up that negates their loss.