Anet doesn't care about WvW edit pg3 INFO

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

This is the only way I can get this thread to properly display. Sorry!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

I remember a couple of months ago, one of your community managers said something about trying to punish zerging. Still waiting…

I remember a couple of months ago, one of your community manager said something about trying to reduce skill lag. Still waiting…

I remember a couple of months ago, one of your community manager said something about trying to correct and adjust the unrealistic World vs World achievements. Still waiting…

Some people at a.net should stop putting so much effort into something that will NEVER beat SC2, WoW, DOTA and LoL on the ESPORT scene. Of course i’m talking about spvp.

Some people at a.net should stop putting so much effort into “trying” to please the PvE crowd with living story every two weeks and focus on GUILD WARS

They should create a new mode, a real GvG mode (not that boring kitten on WvW maps).

Do you realize that WvW will NEVER pay the bills? They have to go with SPvP, or PvE, but that’s it. PvE brings in cash, and SPvP might have a chance at an esport (I don’t think GW2 is anywhere close to remotely being close to ready, but that’s a different discussion). WvW brings almost nothing to the sustainability of the game.

Ask yourself this, how many people do you know in WvW that have spent 50$ or up on the game post release? If you’re wvw friends are like mine your answer will be 1/2. While I’ve spent over 200$ on the game, and most of my friends that PvE put in 30$ or so a month towards the game. Maybe it’s just my experience, but PvE players seem to put their money into the game, while WvW players don’t. I’m fairly certain Anet has noticed this too, and while they aren’t entirely ignoring WvW they are going with their money makers.

This should be a good thing though. In the end it means that eventually they will get around to doing better stuff for wvw. They won’t if they can’t keep the doors open though, and they need to do two things for that: 1) FIX SPVP/TPVP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and 2)keep PvE players happy. Then when they have a chance they can fix WvW.

Btw for anyone here that thinks "oh this guy never wvws, doesn’t pvp, etc please look at my history. I’ve put so much into wvw. I’m just being honest here, and I think if more of you were honest about how important WvW is overall you would say the same.

that would be all well and good, except…… there’s one key problem with all of it. the money people spend in the BLTC doesn’t go to Arenanet it goes to NCSoft. who then use that money to fund their other MMOs, including wildstar. so when you put in your credit card numbers, and think you’re helping to support Anet, you’re not. you’re helping to support wildstar. and, THAT, ladies and gentlemen is the reason for all of the focus being on 2 week living story stuff instead of the entire rest of the game. what they’ve been doing is setting up spring break and mardi gras, then filling the BLTC with souvenirs, and then try to lure as many tourists in as possible. those of us who have been playing the game since launch are the locals, and aren’t the target customer base for the giant tourist trap that GW2 has become. so they couldn’t care less about us. they only care about the money they can get out of the tourist they bring in with their constant stream of party events and worthless souvenirs, which are then used to fund the next big project.

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

I agree with the original poster. Its about time to give them the “finger” and not log in. It has come to that point for me.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

that would be all well and good, except…… there’s one key problem with all of it. the money people spend in the BLTC doesn’t go to Arenanet it goes to NCSoft. who then use that money to fund their other MMOs, including wildstar. so when you put in your credit card numbers, and think you’re helping to support Anet, you’re not. you’re helping to support wildstar. and, THAT, ladies and gentlemen is the reason for all of the focus being on 2 week living story stuff instead of the entire rest of the game. what they’ve been doing is setting up spring break and mardi gras, then filling the BLTC with souvenirs, and then try to lure as many tourists in as possible. those of us who have been playing the game since launch are the locals, and aren’t the target customer base for the giant tourist trap that GW2 has become. so they couldn’t care less about us. they only care about the money they can get out of the tourist they bring in with their constant stream of party events and worthless souvenirs, which are then used to fund the next big project.

+1’ing this hard.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I agree with the original poster. Its about time to give them the “finger” and not log in. It has come to that point for me.

I’m in the same boat, I used play every night but now I log-in and just want to log straight back out. The game has become stale and repetitive, WvW matchups are a joke and Anet refuse to do anything about it and I won’t be forced to rush through the living story content to get the achi’s just because I don’t 24/7 PvE.

This game is just shy of 1 year old and it’s already failing which is really sad because I pictured myself playing it for a long time.

MMO’s come and they go.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah, this again.
ArenaNet doesn’t have ANY money, since they are fully owned by NCSoft. People also seems to ignore that the only reason we have GW2 is because of NCSofts other games (Aion, Lineage, Lineage 2 and City of Heroes) made enough money to finance the development of the game.
But for some reason people refuse to accept that NCSoft want to earn those money back.

GW2 is most likely their most successful game right now, so of course they will spend quite a bit of their money on it (the fact that they are constantly hiring people for different positions in ArenaNet should be a rather major hint).
Do you really think that all those 2-week content are produced without any kind of cost?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Anet doesn’t care about WvW

Slowpoke.

+1 lol

/15 chars

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Ah, this again.
ArenaNet doesn’t have ANY money, since they are fully owned by NCSoft. People also seems to ignore that the only reason we have GW2 is because of NCSofts other games (Aion, Lineage, Lineage 2 and City of Heroes) made enough money to finance the development of the game.
But for some reason people refuse to accept that NCSoft want to earn those money back.

GW2 is most likely their most successful game right now, so of course they will spend quite a bit of their money on it (the fact that they are constantly hiring people for different positions in ArenaNet should be a rather major hint).
Do you really think that all those 2-week content are produced without any kind of cost?

you realize you pretty much proved my point here? that they make one game to fund the next one, then that one to fund the one after that. with that cycle, they don’t need to worry about the longevity of any of them. they just need to be able to squeeze as much money out of the customers as they can until the next game in the cycle launches. at that point, who cares what happens to the previous games? they served their purpose already. and right now, guild wars 2 is serving its purpose as well, to fund wildstar. just like CoH served its purpose, and look at how that turned out.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Do you realize that WvW will NEVER pay the bills? They have to go with SPvP, or PvE, but that’s it. PvE brings in cash, and SPvP might have a chance at an esport (I don’t think GW2 is anywhere close to remotely being close to ready, but that’s a different discussion). WvW brings almost nothing to the sustainability of the game.

Ask yourself this, how many people do you know in WvW that have spent 50$ or up on the game post release? If you’re wvw friends are like mine your answer will be 1/2. While I’ve spent over 200$ on the game, and most of my friends that PvE put in 30$ or so a month towards the game. Maybe it’s just my experience, but PvE players seem to put their money into the game, while WvW players don’t. I’m fairly certain Anet has noticed this too, and while they aren’t entirely ignoring WvW they are going with their money makers.

This should be a good thing though. In the end it means that eventually they will get around to doing better stuff for wvw. They won’t if they can’t keep the doors open though, and they need to do two things for that: 1) FIX SPVP/TPVP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and 2)keep PvE players happy. Then when they have a chance they can fix WvW.

Btw for anyone here that thinks "oh this guy never wvws, doesn’t pvp, etc please look at my history. I’ve put so much into wvw. I’m just being honest here, and I think if more of you were honest about how important WvW is overall you would say the same.

Why would I give them any money when they bring nothing at all of meaning to WvW? Why would I support a company in the hopes that they may give me some update in the next year? We all knew how well that went, you know, with having to fund the expansion for GW2 before it was even released. Lol.

If they gave WvW something meaningful then I would support them, but I’m not going to sit here and throw my money at them in return for nothing.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

sPvP community thinks sPvP is the last priority. WvW community thinks WvW is the last priority. PvE community thinks PvE is the last priority.

That would imply that all PVE players are idiots. I doubt that

Well PvE players like to fight the computer

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Anet seem to be overlooking/ignoring WvW lately…

They seem to think we are happy to get another passive skill once a month and this is enough for us to keep playing/interested…90% of players can’t even make use of the new passive skill because they are still maxing out there 1st or 2nd one…so the new passive skill is pointless…

Need to give WvW some ‘love’ in the next few months or the number of people playing WvW will plummet…

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

I think WvW needs a really big revamp. Not just small fixes and balance. I mean, that sure would help, but the problem here is that the siege/conquest mechanic is just painfully stupid.

Now is it only me or there’s someone else thinking that the actual fun fights are the ones around camps and in the open?
To me at least fort captures are incredibly boring, and not only I’d rather fight for a camp than for a castle, but also i find that forts ruin even the good fights you find having people always running to them under ballista/AC fire and such.

I feel like something else should be introduced to stimulate people to fight each other.
Or like someone else said make it so that when you conquest something it becomes invulnerable for some times, and give it a purpose to actually have a fort.
I mean I might be old-school but If i try to conquer a castle I want to do that for actually having a kittenIN CASTLE, not for server points that guess what? They’re not worth anything. Who cares.

How hard is it to come up with something to give a purpose to wvw, i mean I don’t even know but if other games could give pvp a purpose why can’t we have it in gw2?
Look at all the old games: UO, L2, shadowbane, SWG, DAOC you felt there was actually a reason to fight other people.
Again, it might be just me, but i still feel like playing an FPS with rpg gameplay, which, while being a lot of fun (I DO have fun in wvw) it’s still very lackluster and i feel like there could be much more

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

The problem is, when you say something about how bad the pvp is in this game you get:

If you want some arena/1v1/pvp: “Oh this game is not about PvP 1v1, this is about big scale pvp”
If you want some pk / living world pvp: “Oh this game is not for pking, the living world is only for pve you have your whole huge pvp section”

If you want some gvg “Oh the game is called Guild Wars but that’s just a name, this is not about guild wars (oh the irony), this is about big epic battles between servers where everyone contributes to that”

If you want some big fights: “Oh this game is not about fighting each other, it’s about conquering castles and forts to make points”

If you give everything up and actually get into the fort capturing: “Oh well we’ll just wait that the big zerg is gone and we’ll get it. Then we’re not gonna worry about defending too much cause it’s useless anyway”

So I’m still trying to find out what this game is about cause i really like the gameplay but i fail to see a point in what I do, and I guess I still have some hope in things getting better, even if in the last months it’s just been rolling downhill real fast…

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I think WvW needs a really big revamp. Not just small fixes and balance. I mean, that sure would help, but the problem here is that the siege/conquest mechanic is just painfully stupid.

Now is it only me or there’s someone else thinking that the actual fun fights are the ones around camps and in the open?
To me at least fort captures are incredibly boring, and not only I’d rather fight for a camp than for a castle, but also i find that forts ruin even the good fights you find having people always running to them under ballista/AC fire and such.

I feel like something else should be introduced to stimulate people to fight each other.
Or like someone else said make it so that when you conquest something it becomes invulnerable for some times, and give it a purpose to actually have a fort.
I mean I might be old-school but If i try to conquer a castle I want to do that for actually having a kittenIN CASTLE, not for server points that guess what? They’re not worth anything. Who cares.

How hard is it to come up with something to give a purpose to wvw, i mean I don’t even know but if other games could give pvp a purpose why can’t we have it in gw2?
Look at all the old games: UO, L2, shadowbane, SWG, DAOC you felt there was actually a reason to fight other people.
Again, it might be just me, but i still feel like playing an FPS with rpg gameplay, which, while being a lot of fun (I DO have fun in wvw) it’s still very lackluster and i feel like there could be much more

Look at gameplay from E3 for Destiny by Bungie it’s an MMOFPS.

Yeah when that launches, this PvE Special Olympics they call GW2 will have officially lost this customer.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

You’d be silly to not have at least one point in Supply Mastery. Just saying . Same with the two build related ones.

Reality and what you see on the surface are not necessarily the same thing.

There is no problem with supply mastery, but Anet only introduces supply mastery? Compare it to the amount PVE recieves monthly and can you tell me with a straight face it is actually comparable? How many updates and how much new content has WvW exactly recieved? Anet makes existing problems even worse.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

^ What about the new graphic options and champion loot? I suppose those won’t count because they were added to PvE as well?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Come on baby, look at all this shiny new Living Story content.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Try to pay attention. The point being discussed here is that virtually none of that money is being spent on new WvW content, not whether or not it costs a lot of money to fund continuous new PvE content.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

^ What about the new graphic options and champion loot? I suppose those won’t count because they were added to PvE as well?

If you want to pvdoor all day, no problem. But I prefer hours long seiges.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Hour long sieges hardly exist anymore. Now it’s just lol 20 Omega rush. Fail? Move maps and try again.

Of course we should have all seen it coming with the ADD of most WvW players.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I’m not sure what everyone is complaining about. The dev’s (either J-Dawg or Devon, but i cant remember) told us that we are getting 1) new maps “sooner than we might think” 2) a replacement for the orb system, and we can assume 3) bug fixes along with that. In the meantime we get these WXP upgrade lines constantly being added so that we can customize how we are going to enjoy our WvW experience. (Plus all of this content is being added without a subscription fee).

TLDR; Buck up my friends, change is coming.

A full year after launch and we’ve had no content additions, almost no bug fixes, no map modifications (i.e., draining the stupid BL lakes), no counter measures to hacks, no fixes to the squad system, no fixes to the grossly unbalanced matchmaking system, and no fix for ability lag. The most significant thing ANet has done to WvW was to remove culling WHICH THEY IMPLEMENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Don’t tell me to just buck up and assume change is coming … history says you’re dead wrong.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Try to pay attention. The point being discussed here is that virtually none of that money is being spent on new WvW content, not whether or not it costs a lot of money to fund continuous new PvE content.

And you should try to read the posts people quote before quoting them.
The post I quoted stated that none of the money spent on the BLT actually goes back to the game, which is of course complete bullkitten.
It is also quite clear that there are some of those money actually going towards WvW, otherwise we wouldn’t have ANY form of updates or such in WvW, which is not the case.

We also know that there are more stuff being worked on in WvW, and that also costs money and takes time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I prefer long sieges as well (my guild is more of a defending guild), but that doesn’t mean we should disregard stuff that is actually added.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Cactus.2710

They don’t count because they don’t add anything or change anything to how WvW is played. The content isn’t any different, the reliance on zergs has actually increased, bugs galore still exist, hacks are rampant, lag has gotten worse if anything, maps haven’t changed a bit, and matches are still horribly unbalanced.

If my car is performing badly, adding a new hood ornament or giving me a nickle every time I have to stop for a stop sign doesn’t represent improvement.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

dunny why you post here guys, since AN dont even read those posts. To be honest theres no WvW team on An anymore. kitten WvW go Living Story!

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Guild Wars. Still waiting for this part of the game. Its amazing having a name like guild wars, that anet would focus on PvE and leave the PvP side of their game to crash and burn.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Come on baby, look at all this shiny new Living Story content just for you.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

What happened to the promise that WvW players would have equity with PVE players in terms of achievement points and loot income?

With the recent QJ patch, PVE players are raking in the loot and achievement points, and WvW got what?

My worlds participation in WvW this past week has been minimal. It is pretty discouraging when 90% of your supposedly WvW guild is staying in PVE all week.

And before some fan boy jumps in with ‘what do you expect, look at all the stuff your getting for free…’ line, most players I know and myself regularly spend cash on gems than adds up to far more than some measly $15 a month subscription. The fact that it is optional, is not the point, the point is many of us are paying Anet handsomely.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

(edited by Jalad Lantana.3027)

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

What happened to the promise that WvW players would have equity with PVE players in terms of achievement points and loot income?

With the recent QJ patch, PVE players are raking in the loot and achievement points, and WvW got what?

My worlds participation in WvW this past week has been minimal. It is pretty discouraging when 90% of your supposedly WvW guild is staying in PVE all week.

New Drinking Game Watch the Guild Wars 2: Manifesto video on YouTube. Take a shot every time the lied.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the inevitable alcohol poisoning that may likely occur in the event you strictly adhere to the rules of this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

From a logical point of view, I can only imagine it’s due to a perceived lack of potential ‘return on investment’.

ArenaNet pay lots of attention to PvE updates, because every time they release one, casual players return to the game, spiking active login numbers, which has an upward scaling effect on gem sales, and thus makes ArenaNet more money. Furthermore the updates always have plenty of time-limited gem store items tied into the theme, which also makes ArenaNet more money.

They have also continued to expand and promote sPvP because they still hold on to their dream of becoming a major eSport title, which is a license to print money.

WvW on the other hand, doesn’t sell gems, simply because there is nothing WvW related to buy in the gem store. Furthermore WvW also sustains a lot of active logins, and places the servers under high load, both of which cost money.

So it seems to me the real failure is the monetization team not embracing the WvW playerbase, who going by time spent logged in, should actually be some of their best “cash cows”. And unfortunately because of this failure to monetize the WvW playerbase in any way whatsoever, ArenaNet foresees no ‘return on investment’ from WvW updates, so they neglect WvW.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

dunny why you post here guys, since AN dont even read those posts. To be honest theres no WvW team on An anymore. kitten WvW go Living Story!

Living Story is just as boring, Anet have ran out of idea’s.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

So basically what you are saying is not only do they not care about us, but they suck at economics too? Explains the in game economy and our reduced WvW loot bags

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Instead we get a “mastery”. Next week its going to be Golem Mastery with +25% Bonus Damage as the 5th trait. (Sarcasm.)

Hopefully they’ll at least give you credit for this idea (you know Golem Mastery is coming, one form or another).

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

snipped for brevity

10 letters, and WvW will become the most profitable part of GW2. Just 10 little symbols, and NCSOFT can sell Wildstar in solid gold boxes at $30 a piece.

10 letters: Wxp Booster

in WvW

problematic.9623

Come on baby, just a little longer…

Phun – Guardian

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

Come on baby, just a little longer…

Relevant.

WvW Player: “Hey ANet, I think that passion we used to have is gone…”

ANet: “Oh come on baby, check out this living story, it’s got loads of new content.”

WvW Player: “It’s not you, it’s me…I have needs.”

ANet: “Oh come on baby, check out this living story, it’s got loads of new content.”

WvW Player: “…and I feel like you don’t even listen to me anymore…”

WvW Player: “alright, !#$% this I’m out!”

ANet: “We’re aware of the problems and are working towards ideas that may potentially work to resolve them in the future.”

WvW Player: “Really!? Like what?”

ANet: “Not prepared to say at this time…in the meanwhile check out this living story, it’s got loads of new content.”

WvW Player: “Oh what the #&$%! We need a break…maybe we can try this again when you get your #$%& together!”

in WvW

problematic.9623

Hey baby, whatcha’ thinkin’? Whatca’ doin’? Make me make that kitten sound.

Attachments:

Phun – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

GW2 has been an obsession with me for almost a year. But I’d sadly agree that the game is becoming stale. The living story updates are okay, but don’t really cut it for me.

ANET does not hate their own game, or any aspect of it. That is a silly headline. But they’ve made some unpopular choices that don’t personally satisfy my needs.

WvW is end-game for me. But sadly, I’ve waited for a year to see anything substantial there, getting disappointed after every update. It’s time to put GW down, and move to another game until some good end-game content is added to this game again.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Allow me to apologize in advance, this is going to be a long one …

I’d have to disagree with your first point. I personally know quite a few folks who bought Gems to get their Commander tags. Looking at recent Gem -> Gold rates, that’s a good $50, let alone if they did this earlier. By the same token, I also know a few heavy WvWers who admit to having TP’d their Precursors. Imagine how much that ran, if they went partially Gems for it.

Definitely just your experience, on that. Keep me amused, ANet, and I have zero issue floating you lot some spare cash. Not to mention, if this game is truly based around the “casual” gamer, do realize that many of them are more than happy to pay to get something they deem necessary or just interesting, no?

Ah, this again.

you realize you pretty much proved my point here? that they make one game to fund the next one, then that one to fund the one after that. with that cycle, they don’t need to worry about the longevity of any of them. they just need to be able to squeeze as much money out of the customers as they can until the next game in the cycle launches. at that point, who cares what happens to the previous games? they served their purpose already. and right now, guild wars 2 is serving its purpose as well, to fund wildstar. just like CoH served its purpose, and look at how that turned out.

Now, as for this situation. I won’t say anyone is “wrong” here. I will say, however, that it could be far worse. I will in fact say that -even with as troublesome as some of ANet’s decisions are- they are still parsecs ahead of, say, Perfect World Entertainment.
You want to talk about a company that milks MMO “X” to build MMO “Y”, look at how long it takes for a reasonable amount of bug-polish and content upgrades in one of their games. All the while, they’re pushing out their next creation …

In the end, honestly: I would argue that PvE is less the enemy/destroyer of WvW than PvP. Mainly due to the fact of how many of the nerfs in this game come into play because someone PvPwise had an issue with a class ability, or a class in specific.

With that in mind, the logical order for game-mode buffs should be more spec’d based on the percentage of player population involved in that mode. IIRC, that order
should honestly be: PvE > WvW >PvP. Yes, I realize that ANet’s got a dream of making GW2 the next big Esport, but look at the numbers here. /shrug

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Hour long sieges hardly exist anymore. Now it’s just lol 20 Omega rush. Fail? Move maps and try again.

Not in tier 1 mate

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

snipped for brevity

10 letters, and WvW will become the most profitable part of GW2. Just 10 little symbols, and NCSOFT can sell Wildstar in solid gold boxes at $30 a piece.

10 letters: Wxp Booster

Who cares about wxp, honestly? I don’t give a kitten about my rank or abilities like supply mastery. I just need wvw to let me break even at least. With the major loot nerf in wvw, I need to dungeon to make money, but now I can only do a limited number of dungoens a day. And Anet, there is no way in hell you are going to make me farm living story content. Killing afk mobs in zergs larger than the ones in wvw is just plain boring. Or leaving auto attack on while hurting the boss.

What does need to be done about wvw is improving skill lag and increasing rewards.
Can you actually compare world boss events and living story farming to wvw in terms of rewards?

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Not in tier 1 mate

So what about all the people in all the other tiers? Are we balancing wvw around tier 1? (I know I know, anet isn’t balancing anything its completely ignoring wvw.)

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Yup we got new BORDER!

Go blob the Pavilon.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Not in tier 1 mate

So what about all the people in all the other tiers? Are we balancing wvw around tier 1? (I know I know, anet isn’t balancing anything its completely ignoring wvw.)

The fights are what we make of it. Sadly, the mentality in some tiers are of pvdoor or move to another structure if there is too much resistance. I wasn’t happy with it on my prevoius server so I transferred.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Ah, this again.

They made all their money to fund this game selling costumes and hats in GW1. Sound familiar?

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I’m amazed that Anet hasn’t gone back to take a look at the origins of MMORPGs. I’m talking about MUD games, the old text based PK type format. For a non-graphical online game, it was some of the best PvP there was. Give players an option to be PK or non PK. Make the entire PVE areas open to PK and dump the two maps in WvW. I for one, am truly disappointed in this game because it doesn’t even come close to the hype they created about WvW and PvP. It makes me feel like a victim of bait and switch.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

They made all their money to fund this game selling costumes and hats in GW1. Sound familiar?

Yeah….. I am sure they made MILLIONS on those costumes and hats in GW1…

Thinking that GW1 itself paid even close to enough to create GW2 is extremely naive.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Thinking that GW1 itself paid even close to enough to create GW2 is extremely naive.

Together with the boxed sales, they did. Maybe you should have been around all the years leading up to the GW2 release and witness where they stated that time and time again.

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

The problem with the statement “once PVErs are happy/satisfied” is that since they are such spoiled babies nothing will ever be “enough” for them and we all know it, they get full updates every 2 weeks and big fixes in less than a day and still QQ harder than anyone else in the game

As long as they are paying the bills, they have that privalege. Maybe if WvW players put their money where their mouths are we wouldn’t have this problem. Sadly the characterization that most wvw players are cheap seems to be true. Sure a few spend money, but you should see how much PvE players put into the game. I’m mostly a pvp/wvw player and I’ve still put in enough to have all of my character slots, plenty of blk,kite,minis etc. So it can be done, but with that said you should see the stupid amounts of money PvE players put into the game.

As long as they are paying the bills let them continue to get updates every 2 weeks. I used to think the same way you guys are now. I wanted wvw, and pvp updates more often. Then I said “well if they do that, the pve players get angry and stop paying the bills for a few weeks”. It’s not worth it in the end, so I will be happy with what I get.

MAYBE if they added new content and skins every 2 weeks in wvw too players would have something to spend their money on.I hardly doubt ANY pve only player would spend even 1 dollar if the game wasn’t updated since september 2012.The only reason pveers spend is they get new shinies every cycle, i don’t see why that wouldn’t apply to wvw.
Also, you only need 5 minutes on a wvw map to realize at least half the players own new gem armors or weapons every time they are available so your argument is not valid.Wvw playets do spend their money in gw2 exactly like everyone else.

One year without updates is too much even for a highly popular game like gw2.Sheesh, a lot of people don’t spend one year in an mmo even if updated on regular basis LIKE IT SHOULD BE.wvw players should get a medal or something for enduring so long already only on the base of unfullfilled prommises.

(edited by mini.6018)

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Together with the boxed sales, they did. Maybe you should have been around all the years leading up to the GW2 release and witness where they stated that time and time again.

I have been with the GW franchise since a few months after release of Prophecies, so don’t assume things.

They did not actually state that GW1 paid for GW2. They said that GW2 was made possible by the success of GW1.

That does in no way or form mean that GW2 was made only on resources from GW1, it simply means that the success made investors interested in investing money on the development.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square