Anet doesn't care about WvW edit pg3 INFO

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

The way some of you people act makes me fear for the future of the human race. Just absolutely ridiculous.

Insults without context. You are a good example of a human being with “big” feelings. You also have a disturbing mental attitude. How is indulgence in resentment towards your fellow human beings working out for you hmm?

“Ignorance is the source of hatred, and the way to get rid of ignorance is realization.”

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

The way some of you people act makes me fear for the future of the human race. Just absolutely ridiculous.

Developer Makes Assurances About Product
Consumer Believes This
Consumer Buys Product
Developer Fails To Deliver On Assurances
Consumers Complain

This order of events can be applied to a vacuum cleaner, but it’s always the same. Sensible human beings with legitimate complaints and willing to make them are the only thing that spurn progress in this kindergarten world of “just be nice and patient”. Silence is acceptance.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Or the people that play it.

Broken loot. Check.
Non-refundable wxp traits that say one thing and give you less? Check!
Widespread graphics issues? Yup, check!

And that’s only the major bugs introduced by this PVE patch!

And that’s okay because they hotpatch the PVE stuff on the hour and in return we get:

Supply Mastery.

Hey Anet, keep it up and even getting 200 wvw ranks will be impossible as we’ve all quit the game in disgust.

WvW is your golden goose and you’re starving it to death. WvW is the only thing that GW2 can offer that many other games cannot.

Then again, you (anet) don’t care do you?

200 wvw ranks is impossible?

<—- rank 365

in WvW

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Little bump in hope of more ‘answers’.

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Little bump in hope of more ‘answers’.

If by answers you mean beat the last remnants of hope out of the hold-outs looking for fixes, then sure. Going out and clubbing all the baby quaggon and making orb buffs out of the tears of their screaming and horrified parents is about all the developers were willing to talk about at this time…or better said the only thing Devon “a budget” Carver was willing to disclose.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Meanwhile on the sPvP forums…..

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Devon I understand you have limited resources and dev’s to do “everything at once”. The changes that players would like to see are the things that FRUSTRATE us on a daily basis. Pet Peeves and annoyances that build daily and cause full blown rage in some people. (I’ve seen it and it wasn’t pretty.)

The lack of being able to group and coordinate in a functional manner is one of those things. It actually feels DIFFICULT to group in gw2 the way we enjoy. Any changes are great, but I really feel that existing systems need to be addressed before adding NEW content.

- Upgrade the Commander and Squad system. Flexible social grouping in GW2 should be a PRIORITY. The commander and squad system needs to be flexible enough to be used for Public or Private/Guild forces. We are unable to group the way we enjoy with only two ways to group in game for GW2. A 5 person group or Zerg are not enough options for players to coordinate.

- Fix the UI group options in WvW. We need the same working “right-click” options in WvW that we have in any other PvE zone. Reforming groups because we can’t remove offline players and typing player invites during WvW combat are frustrating.

I feel whatever limited resources you have should be directed to these basic issues.

The community asks for fixes and getting the core of the game working properly, so the development team decides content will resolve it. We’re not those drooling PvE 1-pressers happy to farm garbage content and forget about the problems with the game.

We keep saying that the house they built has a damaged foundation and they think redoing the kitchen will fix it. Makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it.

Many of the core WvW players simply want flexible and functional tools to coordinate and group in WvW. We do NOT have them right now. They were asked for before the game went live, and constantly suggested on these forums since the game went live almost a year ago.

Implement a flexible grouping system and UI functions that work before adding new content…. THAT"S what the players want changed first.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

7. How about DAOC style killspam? Just throwing that out there. I know a lot of people that loved it. At the end of the day we all want to be the hero!

Player pride is going to take a hit when it flashes across the screen:

“Bamby has killed Darth Killah”

And then I’ll prance off.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

(As a little sidenote, a big reason people don’t defend a lot IMO, is because defending is extremely boring if you are not being attacked)

Sentrying is both boring and unrewarding. Until this is rectified somehow, nothing will change. Just because the meta demands more of it for success, you can’t expect it to become commonplace.

Starting with catapult mastery, the meta has already shifted in this way.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

7. How about DAOC style killspam? Just throwing that out there. I know a lot of people that loved it. At the end of the day we all want to be the hero!

Player pride is going to take a hit when it flashes across the screen:

“Bamby has killed Darth Killah”

And then I’ll prance off.

As long as they have a filter to turn on/off deathspam….. I have no issues with it!

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry