Anet, why dont you care?

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: Dragan.7568

Dragan.7568

That is only question for me right now. If we look the wvw, the game has really gone in a wrong way long time.

1. Wxp,
While wxp gives goals for wvw-players its negative update for few other ways:
For first it really encourages people to use only 1-2 toons. Account bound Wxp would make so much sense as the skills are not in any way char skill set based. They are just general skills that everybody can use. People think making lege or ascended weapon is hard. Lege takes 1,5 months, ascended weapon 2 weeks. Getting new toon to level 80 -> 3 weeks. Getting on toon maxed out at wvw -> much longer time. So long, that you don’t simply bother.
For second it encourages people to run with karma train. Pvd is imo most boring game mode in gw2. (Even worse than those great pve events, where you need to light 1000 bonfires, or carve 100 000 pumpkins. At least those have bright colors…) At wost situations there are 2-3 karma trains that run circles at capturing all the keeps/towers and still evading each other. That to me isn’t idea of wvw.

2. The Ruins
Did you guys think this ahead like this: “Lets give boost to those who can hold these ruins for certain amount of time, maybe it balances the situation as we usually place server A who has 500 wvw players and servers b and c who have both 150 wvw players against each other. Maybe it’s a tool that those small servers can win those already highly uneven zerg vs zerg fights.” Well it’s not. It makes that side that has advance to win those fights even harder.

3. Flying Russian, glichwalking German
The game is over a year old. Why on earth these problems still are up… Do those reported guys even get penalties? Anything done for this matter, as its still happens multiple times a night at my current mach up. It’s a really annoying to be a defender at the map while some thieves still glichwalk trough the walls.

4. League, matchmaking and rewarding.
So, silver league is kind of ¤¤¤¤¤. There are severs that have at certain times a day a hundred times more players than our server. Yes, hundred times -> we have like 5 peeps across all 4 maps. At our prime time we can somewhat hold our own, if we pool all our players to one map. While our opponents have decent zerg in all maps, round the clock. And now I have heard that you plan to adjust prizes to the placements at the league. Wuhuu, way to motivate those players who are stuck to very uneven matchmaking. 2k vs. 2k vs. 150 players’ inst fair. And I don’t it’s a fun being any side of it.

5. Season Achiements
While Achiements are great way to get more people to try out the wvw, those should not encourage people to play against servers need. Like use 500 supply leads easily to situation where we can’t hold any of our keeps, as they are drained from peeps that need to repair wall that is destroyed by trebs. Achiements should not encourage to bad behavior.

To me, this feels Anet do not listen its players. And even worse, they don’t play their own game to know what their updates feel like.

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

They don’t care.

“Hey check out this living story”

“We have 90 development teams now pumping out kittenty content every 2 weeks”

Star Player
[KEK]

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Some combination of the fact that there is little evidence that anyone on the dev team plays WvW as endgame or views WvW as endgame, they view their game as casual content and PvP as the only “hardcore” content, they never devoted enough money or resources to WvW upon launch and have never remedied this after how popular it became, and they view the living story as the breadwinners of their game and don’t care to cater to the WvWers because they don’t view this population as needing to be enticed to coming back week after week and spending $$ on gems… these are the explanations myself and friends have come up with, because really, there isn’t an excuse for not remedying the simplest of UI and bug fixes and bandaging the most obvious broken parts of WvW.

Evidence to part one of that theory is being able to beat any players with the dev tag above their head without breaking a sweat, and even watching them run off cliffs at full health to their death. They don’t want to/have time to play WvW like us and therefore are disconnected with it and unfamiliar with the combat and meta. Reading a hundred complaints on a forum isn’t going to convince anyone to change anything. Actually playing WvW, actually caring about it, actually facing these broken problems day in and day out is what is going to change the development team’s attitude towards WvW.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

The fact that they are not commenting doesn’t mean that they are not listening o.O You guys need to stop moaning and enjoy the game a little bit more, rather than crying in the forums. Try it, thank me later lol

And of course they’ll bring pve content more than PvP, the majority of players play PvE. But it’s not like WvW is not getting any love at all. kitten they are making a brand new map as of right now. If you think they can shove new wvw map every 2 weeks then go ahead make one, show them how its done …

Also consider this, making a PvP content is a lot harder than PvE, requires more time and balancing since they are not just dropping few champion mobs for the zergs to destroy. The level of polish required is a lot higher.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: Dragan.7568

Dragan.7568

Sure only germans and russians cheat, grow up little kid.

And that line was from early days of WvW when there was Russian guild that looked people to form Airforce. :P

You also missed the whole point. Flying and glichwalking should been fixed.

(edited by Dragan.7568)

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: poledipper.7958

poledipper.7958

Personally, I think the biggest problem with WvW is the lack of focus on the PvP aspect of it. Zergs just dodge eachother, and then run around capping towers, keeps, and camps. Where is the focus on actually killing other players?? Creating more incentive to actually kill other players I believe will greatly improve WvW.

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Personally, I think the biggest problem with WvW is the lack of focus on the PvP aspect of it. Zergs just dodge eachother, and then run around capping towers, keeps, and camps. Where is the focus on actually killing other players?? Creating more incentive to actually kill other players I believe will greatly improve WvW.

Yeah that would be nice, it is almost no achievement for small group of people to defeat a zerg. Except the bragging rights.

Anet, why dont you care?

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Remove limitations on AoE—that would make zerg fighting more challenging.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger