Any suggestions to WvW? Here are mine!

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic Callz.3826

Syndic Callz.3826

WvWvW is stale. Let’s stick to suggestions here and pray ANET listens.

Color Coded Commander Tags-
I have been hoping for these for a LONG time especially on the extremely busy servers where you might get lucky and actually have defense groups or smaller havoc groups. This has to happen… It will force a change in strategy (At least wit the heavy populations).

EotM queue style objective oriented pvp-
Where is the 50vs50vs50 domination style pvp? Supply camps in between the points for antipersonnel siege?
Some sort of three way cap the flag? 25v25v25 self propagating maps.

I realize the EotM style PVP would likely kill WvW but seeing as they are largely ignoring it why not focus on what they just did with the game?

Please post your suggestions, comments and complaints!

in WvW

Posted by: Jackmo.3428

Jackmo.3428

The only thing WvW really needs immediately IMO is a real reward at the end of the week for the players** Not Servers** who do well.

Captured 100 Camps ? 5 Gold. 20 Keeps ? 10 Gold. 500 Player kills ? 5 more gold.
Give the players something to actually work for each week besides capping these towers for points that really dont mean anything. Its like Whose Line is it Anyways? right now.
“You capped a tower ? Awesome! Here’s a bag with a .00005% chance of something good. Oh and those points u just earned.. They don’t actually do anything.. but you should get more. Honest…”

Sorrengild
ET Commander
Pro Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Wildchild.7502

Wildchild.7502

The thing i wish the most is they bring back Underwater Combat

It’s non-existant from WvW now.

instead of some useless Ruins objective they put in the middle of the map they shoulda added an Underwater keep and towers down there with Underwater sieges.

Guardian – Exg Wildchild /Necro – Wildchild Two / Ranger – Aleksi Laiho
SIC – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic Callz.3826

Syndic Callz.3826

@Wildchild- I agree. I don’t think anyone outside of my engineer has anything unlocked in their underwater skill bar.
@Jackmo- There certainly should be more reason to WvW loot wise and incentive should be given to those “playing” their role as defense or attack.

The commander tag coloring issue has been brought up several times now that I have finally looked around a bit on the forums. I don’t understand why this has taken so long to implement. It would really open the door to some creative tactics and strategy. Who knows? Given the leadership and cooperation of the Irish not on comms it could help turn the tides on some of the tiers that have one server heavily stacked. Guerrilla warfare historically will always win the war of attrition But with one color of commander tag it makes it difficult to stage any type of hit and run tactics or to split those not on comms away from the acting commander. We all know two tags up atm causes too much confusion and ultimately leads to zero coordination.

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

well, um … that trebs gotta run out of flaming dolyaks sometime …