ArenaNet DEVS playing WvW. Really?

in WvW

Posted by: Kohz.1534

Kohz.1534

Well, it sure is nice seeing the Devs (or any other employees) playing on MEGA servers (you still die If I see your little tag). Why don’t you ever play on some of the Underdogs in WvW instead of playing only on the winning server matches side Makes you wonder.

I mean it would only be fair to see what its like to get rolled by a 80 to 100 man zerg when you are the rollee and not the roller.

If I only see you in mega zergs on winning servers………………….Well enough said.

Fire Storm Atu, Elementalist
SoS Guild
Anvil Rock since BETA and not gonna leave!!

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Probably because it’s easier to gather data in T1 than anywhere else.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

They have, some devs have played on NSP several times.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Do you play in the bronze league? how do you know they don’t play in underdog servers?

I’m sure more Dev’s play in all servers, but they are in normal guilds and don’t rep anet all the time. When I was on NSP we had a anet employee in our guild at one point.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: kbenton.4915

kbenton.4915

I’ve been playing devs on nsp for the 2nd straight week. /thread

Yak’s Bend Thief (P/D) [HvC]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

The devs, like us tend to stick with their guilds and friends. If their guild happens to be on a top server, that’s where they are.

NSP has a guild in it which originated in gw1 alpha that a lot of anet devs are members.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

It’s more likely for an anet dev to be located in T1 because T1 accounts for the majority of the WvW population…

Imagine if you were looking for person X. Where would they likely be? New York City or Louisville?

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I play on bronze league and i know of three different devs who play on my server and wvw. I have grouped and roamed for hours with 2 and one is in our WvW guild. Just because you dont see them or people dont make posts about them doesnt mean they aren’t out there.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I mean it would only be fair to see what its like to get rolled by a 80 to 100 man zerg when you are the rollee and not the roller.

You mean like … this?

Attachments:

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Have to agree with OP here actually, I’m a native Fissue of Woe player and an avid WvW partaker, but never ever have I seen an ANet tag around.. :/

Oh well, you get used to being the ginger-haired stepchild that no one cares about after a while..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

If you saw a dev on bg, it was most likely grouch. The majority of the time I’ve fought him has been when he runs with small man RIOT groups. I’m just happy there’s a dev playing an engy, I don’t care what server!

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Have to agree with OP here actually, I’m a native Fissue of Woe player and an avid WvW partaker, but never ever have I seen an ANet tag around.. :/

Oh well, you get used to being the ginger-haired stepchild that no one cares about after a while..

I think the problem you see is that you are an EU server. Most of the Anet people play on NA servers. I see Anet tags in WvW quite often on FA.

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

The best is how that famous Anet engi in t1 ran/runs the overpowered condi builds with +40 Condi Duration food, I thought to myself(roaming with him on my warrior), Ah he sees its OP and will nerf it but they buff conditions instead last patch …. please dont nerf us

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

After a year of playing I saw my first three devs on Devonas in WvW this last two weeks.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Nope.
They’re stuck in “queues”.
See what I did there?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’ve been playing devs on nsp for the 2nd straight week. /thread

Yeah I hope they enjoyed getting rolled over by huge numbers as much as I have.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I wonder if Devs have queues?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’ve only seen them in silver and gold league. One thing though, I’ve never seen them play rangers lol

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I’ve seen one on SBI a couple times now. Same charr ele in all cases.

Attachments:

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

I’ve only seen them in silver and gold league. One thing though, I’ve never seen them play rangers lol

One did, Robert Hrouda, but he got fired or left ANET

Maybe because he was trying to help us rangers out or he was against the pet damage nerf lol.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Dev on our server plays a ranger

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

We had an Anet employee following KnT a couple of nights this weekend. Nice guy. Remember that not everyone with the tag is a developer. It just means they’re an employee of some position in the company. For all we know the guy following us works in the mail room, or it could have been Jon Peters.

Anyhoo, I don’t see Anet tags on Blackgate all that often for what its worth.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We had an Anet employee following KnT a couple of nights this weekend. Nice guy. Remember that not everyone with the tag is a developer. It just means they’re an employee of some position in the company. For all we know the guy following us works in the mail room, or it could have been Jon Peters.

Anyhoo, I don’t see Anet tags on Blackgate all that often for what its worth.

The one the last couple nights on BGBL is a dev that does balancing and QA.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

The dev who reps ArenaNet on our server hardly makes it to WvW, only seen him there a couple times.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I haven’t seen any devs in the top 6 servers in WvW. I’ve seen one hang around LA on SoS for weeks on end, and I know of active ones on SBI and NS.

I think they are probably getting good data from those two (higher pop Silver League server, lower pop Silver League) and probably can compare notes if they care to.

High Tier servers don’t get the gravy because the devs. It’s because they get the transfers and make the money. It’s accounting, not development, driving those decisions.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I thought I remembered anet saying they had employees on every single server. Would make sense since there are like 300 of them. I know I’ve seen several on FA.

in WvW

Posted by: Acydreign.9472

Acydreign.9472

I’m happy to see DEVs playing.
Can you imagine what the game would be like if they just played in test environments and didn’t play in the real game? And the fact it’s transparent and very open that they’re part of ANET.

Kudos to them.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’ve never seen any play on Crystal Desert, but I have seenone, a thief, on FA this week. I’ve seen others on opposing sides. Only places on CD that I saw a dev was at maw a few weeks ago and in LA the day of Mad King Says.

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Arena.NET could capitalize on WvWvW to increase their gem sales.

Say they hire the dominating guilds on the top server to server hop and people would follow them. Say BG dies and the BG crew who carry decided to transfer to Dragonbrand. Then the bandwagoner follows.

Gem sales soars out of the transfers.

of course they have to do this covertly.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

There are devs in WvWvW that don’t put up there tags and some that do (sometimes). They’re out there and I don’t doubt they’re well aware of the pain points we have.

Doesn’t mean they can get it addressed fast enough for most of us, but they know.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

I’m pretty sure they do, but I’m also guessing that since it’s work for them, they look at it more analytically than a regular gamer. Not that it’s bad, because it is a job, but the downside to that I’d imagine is they become immune to certain things we find fun ? They’ve been playing the game for how many years now before we came into the scene ?

I’m guessing none of them are running home from work to play wvw to wind down from a long day of working on the game lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Something people might want to remember, the Anet tag is for all employees I believe, not just Devs. In all my time on BG, I have only ever seen 4 A-net tags, 3 of which were in LA, 1 was in WvW, just a few nights ago. Also, all 4 were different classes, a warrior, a guardian, a ranger (yes a ranger, with the SB legendary) and the thief in WvW (I think he was the one following KNT around). I have also seen an engineer for JQ a couple times in WvW, but that is it as far as anet tags go. I find it funny that that screenshot earlier shows as many anet tags in one spot that i have seen ever.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I’m sure our player restrictions don’t apply to DEV accounts, come on think !
They made the game, they can play WvW on any server they choose whenever they choose.

The fact you saw some of them on one server doesn’t mean squat.
if they wanted to they could 1 hit kill everyone in sight and have immortality on for their characters if they so wished.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I’ve seen one person with an anet tag in WvW ever, they were on AR, and of course I ran them down and spiked them.

Also, I’m fairly certain that most of them at least don’t have any special powers, I think they play on retail accounts. The Anet tag by their name is a guild that they’re all in.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Also, I’m fairly certain that most of them at least don’t have any special powers, I think they play on retail accounts. The Anet tag by their name is a guild that they’re all in.

No its like another version of a commander tag.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

more likely that’s what gives them GM command status and protocols.

in WvW

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

Two devs last night, one running with us on SoR and one against us, I think on TC. Seemed to just be observing.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

more likely that’s what gives them GM command status and protocols.

I asked a dev about it. It’s just a guild they rep. Just happens the ArenaNet guild has a special icon beside their name. If they’re rep’ing it, it’s ‘cause they’re feelin social and the tag is a conversation starter.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Do you play in the bronze league? how do you know they don’t play in underdog servers?

I’m sure more Dev’s play in all servers, but they are in normal guilds and don’t rep anet all the time. When I was on NSP we had a anet employee in our guild at one point.

Indeed theres an WvW guild that is owned by a anet dev(guild mixed with players and anet employees) and i quite see sometimes them on WvW.

They know what is happening in WvW for sure, as they see it in gameplay and they can check the data also, if u feel theres some problem, the problem was at choosing the game design now the resources to fix/modify can be harder to get.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

SoR has the best devs. Justin and Dral are both awesome.

Sorry bronze league, you can’t have them!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Not seen a dev since Mike Ferguson back in beta Wonder if any will appear on Vabbi.. no wait, on Vabbi’s opponents that’d be much better!

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

aaah you missed them one month close i think :p i remember at one point when fow was still matched against vabbi, and our opponent was blacktide if i’m correct, lots of anet’s employees hopped to vabbi and tried to cap your eb corner, they had time to take only little stuff before ze mighty zerg comes and roll over them, sadly it was a one time thing and they stayed only for the day. they made posts in the matchup thread at this time, was rather warming having this feeling anet was close to its playerbase

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Boo Perhaps a trip to FoW next week? ;D

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Ajax.4970

Ajax.4970

Trib, you missed em. They arrived on Vabbi once, Sam found them, they never came back

in WvW

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

Boo Perhaps a trip to FoW next week? ;D

looking forward to fow being anet’s own bandwagon server haha… actually i’d rather have them in front of us, was always thinking a dev’s head would be a nice trophy, hanging above the fireplace ^^.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Trib, you missed em. They arrived on Vabbi once, Sam found them, they never came back

Haha, awesome!! So ANet is actually scared kittenless of encountering FoW’s Jd That I can understand..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I logged in for a little wvw last night only to find bg’s map blob camping our spawn with an anet dev in a golem. Good times. :/

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I think we have one dev on ET, never seen him in wvw though.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You mean like … this?

Why did you cover one of your utilities? Build too secret?

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Imagine if you were looking for person X. Where would they likely be? New York City or Louisville?

most likely in Rio or Tokyo, going by population density.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU