Arenent mistakes Making empty server full

in WvW

Posted by: Sephirot.9402

Sephirot.9402

Last 2 months server Tarnished Coast From nort America is full. We are outnumbered most of time we got no wvw players but we are still full . In my opinion this is devastation of server in purpous or just incompetence from arenent employee about what going on in game. U guys dont know how many people game u ruin how many people quit game because they feel like all what u doo is boosting servers wher are people agains empty ones. So do something and fix op builds of berserker and mesmer and maybe after 4 years buff rangers once so he coud have chance agains others.

No reggards to arenanet

sorry for langauge its not my native

Leader of guild DuDe/ server TC / PVX stylle

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I think what is happening is this basically: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-WvW-Pop-Algorithm

This morning I realized what the real flaw is. How many of you “hardcore” WvW players play longer hours than you normally do when you feel your server needs extra help in a match because of being outnumbered? Could you be accidentally over-inflating your active population numbers?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Mikeybalz.2089

Mikeybalz.2089

Hi Chaba!!
TC/<Linked server> fell victim to the: Fairweather population being doubled cuz T4.
Rip….

Bad Guys Anonymous [BGA]
Main: SoS. Alt’s: BG/FA/Mag/SBI/YB.

in WvW

Sephirot.9402

We dont need help we just need fair rulles and working system and from 2 months we got nothing just people quit game because they feel left out. And your theory about over inflating its not working we got max 50 wvw players at time other server got 300 both we count as full.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

What do you mean people feel left out?

Active population is smoothed out over 24/7, not just during one skirmish or two. That’s the effect of longer hours. If 50 people play 6 hours, they’re going to get more (theoretically) from PPT than 300 people playing only 1 hour. Playing longer hours can be a type of winning advantage. So the system says “Full”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Sephirot.9402

People feel angry that they have to play in unfair not working system without any help of people who creat game and its not happening or first time or just for last view days its take months and no reaction.

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

I think what we had was a fairly strong link coming into the rewards, the same goes for SoR both heavy with pve’ers, then they started to see the commitment they would have to make and some didnt bother, then add to that the decay, low ranked players stopped turning up, no one on TC is doing extra hours.

CD is still open, now we could say thats all the links, but their population combined is way more than TC/SoR yet we are still locked. Lets not forget the week 1up1down started and TC were thrown under the bus by being placed in a match it didnt belong.

This is now about morale since all these posts keep popping up. People play for fun and as it stands its not that much fun. And before anyone says transfer, last linkings it was SoS floating at the bottom, now with links its able to compete. Linking’s do not work if everyone just transfers at a whim every 2 months, transferring could mean its even worse next link. Something is wrong with how they are calculating population.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Some one needs to be t4.

Don’t fret, if it is as bad you you say, you will likely become a linked server. And on of the guest servers will unlink. Then you get the pleasure of being liked to random worlds.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

OMG, that thread so triggered me. It literally reminds me how anet revamp the entire server population calculation just because one server complains about it for just ONE month but did little to population imbalance when people from different servers complain about it for YEARS. Gosh. kitten . Argh! I need to get my dose of hello kitty online.

But, it isn’t just the population calculation issue now. The overall population boosted due to the reward patch, pulling a lot of PvE players from base populations. We all know every server base populations are different and obviously, some are hugely bigger than some. This is a huge population imbalance and the fixed threshold is not helping, it is nothing but a growing discontent for servers that are at the bottom of the “full” servers.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

As far as the pop cap, I think they changed the threshold drastically, which is why worlds haven’t opened up even after the exudes of the PvE peeps who tried it out. I dont think we’ll see BG open for months. And some of the others, like TV and other low pop servers are just on that edge.

I think they are trying to force people to spread out.

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Some one needs to be t4.

Don’t fret, if it is as bad you you say, you will likely become a linked server. And on of the guest servers will unlink. Then you get the pleasure of being liked to random worlds.

Its not the T4 that bothers anyone, its being locked in T4 that seems to be the issue. And if we are locked then how could we become link?

See that one sentence actually makes no sense when you look at it, your locked because your full, but you will be a link if you do not have the population.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

As far as the pop cap, I think they changed the threshold drastically, which is why worlds haven’t opened up even after the exudes of the PvE peeps who tried it out. I dont think we’ll see BG open for months. And some of the others, like TV and other low pop servers are just on that edge.

I think they are trying to force people to spread out.

That’s not gonna work, any decent businessman will know that. Why would people move, especially if they have to pay for it? Why should they pay for it especially when they know it was intentionally lowered over and over again. It is common sense. People will just complain, like how I am complaining. If it doesn’t work, we let it die, we quit, we move on to other games, it is not like gw2 the only game. At the end of the day, anet stand to lose more than we do.

Anet only got two choices, fix it or lose the players.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Sephirot.9402

Just like missy said TC t4 is full but have no people so its linked to other server to have a bit more people but still dont have more then open t3 servers in wvw so wher is logic ?! and its not happening or first time or its not taking last month but going for third month almost ! so wher its good time to start complain that u cant play game after half year ?

in WvW

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

This is what I think the thread is saying, the population of WvW is not base on the Population of the Server.

This is what I think outnumbered means
I am on TC, we were outnumbered before, we are outnumbered even more now. And the server linking is making the situation worse, we have other servers who linked, recruited active WvW players from TC and then they left. Taking away even more away from our server.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

(edited by SweetPotato.7456)

in WvW

Chaba.5410

This is now about morale since all these posts keep popping up. People play for fun and as it stands its not that much fun.

It’s always been about morale. That’s a key factor in any sort of organization. Morale is easy to have when your server has more than enough population and #winning and you don’t have to do anything for it. Morale is not so easy when you don’t have that. Then it becomes a test of leadership for your guilds and commanders (which, Anet, you must realize at some point that’s a type of work most players aren’t interested in having to do in a game which is why leadership burns out eventually). TC wouldn’t be the first server team to deal with morale issues and I’m surprised the unofficial RP community of Yak Parades seems to be struggling with creative solutions.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Zhuul.1759

Zhuul.1759

There is no problem if people don’t quit

Yes we can Great again

in WvW

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

The problem is this: we’re the last place server in the last tier, and we have come in decisively third for weeks on end now. There’s no further to fall to get a competitive week, and somehow the server is full so there’s no chance to pick up any new guilds to begin to recover.

Every single WvW guild of any real size and dedication is gone, unless you count WL. If there is a tag it’s a pug tag with 5-10 people on them recapping the other servers’ paper trail. You can even just look at the reset skirmishes to see how bad it is – last place every time by a wide margin, not having our garri well into the night, no maps queued within an hour or two. At least one of the other servers holds a T3 keep on our BL the entire week.

I log in various times throughout the day and unless there’s an invisible zerg hiding somewhere there is absolutely something wrong with the pop algorithm. We have at best half the numbers on EBG, nothing at all on the enemy BLs, and often outmanned on our own BL. All day long. Something needs to give.

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

the real problem is there is barely full and there is full full full like BG which anet dont care about. Server transfer is one way ticket, they let ppl in but they dont let ppl out.

(edited by Limodriver.4106)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

the real problem is there is barely full and there is full full full like BG which anet dont care about. Server transfer is one way ticket, they let ppl in but they dont let ppl out.

This is the big issue. Full servers can struggle to fill one BL, but the REALLY full server can fill three BLs. The biggest issue is that ANet continues to periodically re-open BG for transfers. The other “full” servers are struggling with coverage, but cannot recruit coverage because they are full. If this situation continues you may as well pencil BG in as the eternal champion of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Isn’t TC the unofficial role player’s home server?

….might explain a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: StrawHat.2639

StrawHat.2639

And yet last night in red bl (TCs bl), they had a grp of 30+ and the map was all blue except their garry…when we had only 2 roaming guild tags on map with militia following both…TC seems to not know what to hit to maximize ppt it felt…in any case TC has horrible off hour coverage but yous aren’t dead…am in the CD link and Ive seen huge TC grps around…its just that the T3 dropouts have more offhour…cough sos cough hod cough db…cough….

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

And yet last night in red bl (TCs bl), they had a grp of 30+ and the map was all blue except their garry…when we had only 2 roaming guild tags on map with militia following both…TC seems to not know what to hit to maximize ppt it felt…in any case TC has horrible off hour coverage but yous aren’t dead…am in the CD link and Ive seen huge TC grps around…its just that the T3 dropouts have more offhour…cough sos cough hod cough db…cough….

CD had 4 maps queue after the reward patch, do you want to google it? CD has a big base population then it dies down after a week, regardless of how casual it is. Of course, sometimes it do resurface thus CD keeps go up and down.

The point is the current WvW system is horrible and incapable of dealing with all those abnormal surge of populations.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They let people out, they just don’t force them out. And while I’m all for breaking the back of Blackgate, you can imagine how well that would be received.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

TC makes its own problems. You had the reward patch that brought in a huge number of TCs massive pve population and eotm guilds. You had a very strong link that kept your Fairweather’s happy. Hype has died down and the link changed. So TC should be full. It had more queues than Maguuma for a few weeks. I also think Maguuma should stay full despite being on a negative downswing of activity. An algorithm should always be delayed in its adjustment or it can be open to much abuse.

As for people leaving, it’s a combination of now you are losing plus the horrible server politics driving away players who know how to win. Perhaps your server council should focus more on training your population to actually win Vs catering to people with hurt feelings. This will keep those Fairweather’s engaged.

I only came back to TC to run with friends but I was reminded pretty quick as why my other guild left so long ago, the same people in control thinking their vision is the only way. I won’t go into further detail just leave it as TC has enough people, fix your problems and you will be fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

Isn’t TC the unofficial role player’s home server?

….might explain a lot.

Its not 2012 anymore.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

TC makes its own problems. You had the reward patch that brought in a huge number of TCs massive pve population and eotm guilds. You had a very strong link that kept your Fairweather’s happy. Hype has died down and the link changed. So TC should be full. It had more queues than Maguuma for a few weeks. I also think Maguuma should stay full despite being on a negative downswing of activity. An algorithm should always be delayed in its adjustment or it can be open to much abuse.

As for people leaving, it’s a combination of now you are losing plus the horrible server politics driving away players who know how to win. Perhaps your server council should focus more on training your population to actually win Vs catering to people with hurt feelings. This will keep those Fairweather’s engaged.

I only came back to TC to run with friends but I was reminded pretty quick as why my other guild left so long ago, the same people in control thinking their vision is the only way. I won’t go into further detail just leave it as TC has enough people, fix your problems and you will be fine.

20+ posts and someone finally speaks some truth to the scenario.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

count population by the time player play x kills and deaths x pips x victory points. cross reference it per account and you have it.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal