Arrow Carts Destroyed When Not Taking Damage?

in WvW

Posted by: charrboiledeggs.8164

charrboiledeggs.8164

So using an AC in a tower to defend by hitting rams on the gate. The AC gets destroyed while I was using it. Why is this happening? This has happened several times. I’m not taking damage at all and its not aoe from the enemy as they can’t even hit at some ac spots. If its retaliation then that seriously needs to be fixed anet. That would mean it took retaliation a matter of seconds to destroy an ac. Thats just ridiculous

Power builds R a dying breed but there R those that retain the skill 2 play them.
Protest & Rally against this no skill meta anet has created.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Burning damage from guardian AC killer build?

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

IF that’s the case them the ac should show animations of burning or at least show its burning.
Either way, it needs to be stopped by anet. Thats just ridiculous. Why try to defend when the defense gets destroyed by players not even doing anything. thats just smh status there.

Power builds R a dying breed but there R those that retain the skill 2 play them.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

It’s a specific counter to ac’s, but the AC will show burning if that’s what’s happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Necros and DH both have a mechanism to apply conditions to an AC. Some guilds actively run multiple of these builds so ACs last only a few seconds.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

This is a legitimate counter to ACs. Maybe try fighting instead?

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

This is a legitimate counter to ACs. Maybe try fighting instead?

Yeah fight a blob by myself that makes perfect sense.

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

It’s a specific counter to ac’s, but the AC will show burning if that’s what’s happening.

I think its retaliation cuz ive seen it happen to mortars, cannons etc. Either way I’m telling everyone to abuse it so anet will nerf it. Its ridiculous that anet would put those in game to help defend against blobs but the blobs just passively destroy them.

in WvW

Barzhal.2640

I think its retaliation cuz ive seen it happen to mortars, cannons etc. Either way I’m telling everyone to abuse it so anet will nerf it. Its ridiculous that anet would put those in game to help defend against blobs but the blobs just passively destroy them.

No, people are telling you exactly what’s going on and you continue to insist on not listening.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardian blocks can be traited to aply fire damage, to stack more fire when blocking guards can use Guardian runes as well.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Barzhal.2640

Guardian blocks can be traited to aply fire damage, to stack more fire when blocking guards can use Guardian runes as well.

This. And to trait for applying the conditions, the guardian sacrifices a lot in terms of being able to effectively fight a group. So, no, it’s not an exploit, it’s not op, it’s not hacking. It is, in the current wvw, a legitimate tactic with upsides and down.

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

No, people are telling you exactly what’s going on and you continue to insist on not listening.

I didn’t say it wasn’t burning so thanx for accusing without knowing. The ac wasn’t showing burning animation or on its hp bar. That’s what i’ve been saying. You must just be here to argue.

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

This. And to trait for applying the conditions, the guardian sacrifices a lot in terms of being able to effectively fight a group. So, no, it’s not an exploit, it’s not op, it’s not hacking. It is, in the current wvw, a legitimate tactic with upsides and down.

Oh I get what’s going on here. You use one of these builds and don’t want it nerfed. No matter it still doesn’t change the fact im telling everyone to abuse it and im making a build just for this too.

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

Oh I get what’s going on here. You use one of these builds and don’t want it nerfed. No matter it still doesn’t change the fact im telling everyone to abuse it and im making a build just for this too.

Why should it be nerfed though, its a legitimate counter to ac’s. If you nerf it people will just move to the next most effective way to kill ac’s, should we nerf those to? Should we just make ac’s untargetable by anything that might kill them just so defending keeps is easier than it already is? Do you see how this may seem ridiculous to some?

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

Why should it be nerfed though, its a legitimate counter to ac’s. If you nerf it people will just move to the next most effective way to kill ac’s, should we nerf those to? Should we just make ac’s untargetable by anything that might kill them just so defending keeps is easier than it already is? Do you see how this may seem ridiculous to some?

How is this so hard to understand? Just make it where the acs cant be destroyed by passive traits. esp in seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

also works with frost aura on nerco apply bleed to arrow cart

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

How is this so hard to understand? Just make it where the acs cant be destroyed by passive traits. esp in seconds.

The trait only applies burning on block and damage from retailiation both of which need Active skills(Passive Coursge won’t kill anything at 1 block every 20sec) to get enough blocks to cause any serious damage to ACs, it’s not just passively applying it.

/GG.

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

People are right. Those builds are a legitimate way of destroying arrowcarts… at least until ArenaNet decides to change it.

I mean… it does sound like pretty darn powerful counter that completely negates one type of siege.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

I can roll up to an ac with staff eles and blow it up in seconds. Should we nerf that as well?

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

They already nerfed eles against ACS. Wet noodles now take forever to kill an AC

in WvW

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Necro’s, Guards and Revs can damage AC’s (sometimes due to auramancers sharing Chilling/Fire Aura). It’s a great counter to siege and a just mechanic that really should stay.
Noone likes a siegemonkey anyway.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Yes, please anet nerf all these builds exploiting your lack of being able to program with clairvoyance on knowing everything you do will get abused.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Maybe provide a screenshot of vid next time so some people don’t get angry based on only assumptions?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Retaliation used to damage ACs but that was removed. This is a new thing since they made ACs susceptible to conditions and crits that was probably unintended. I’ve never seen the condis actually show up on the bar but I usually don’t have my own AC targeted.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the reaction you get here, though. The forums are chock full of internet warriors that don’t want anything in WvW that they can’t bash in with their face. It ranges from GvG to BlobvBlob but all boils down to turning WvW into a battleground deathmatch. You can tell by how often they cry foul that Anet isn’t on board, probably, but it’s hard to tell what Anet’s thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Revert AC buffs/nerf AC damage or change burn on block traits/runes etc to only work on players. Pick one ladies.

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

I wish we could go back to the days when we could use skills like Dragon’s Tooth or Tornado & meteor shower as AC counter. Had a more visual effect than burn block.

But my personal preference would be to make anti-projectile fields work against AC fire. Its non-obvious that Catapult and Golem shield have no effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Carry an extra set of armor and switch two traits before sieging. Even if they get caught with Guardian runes and those traits set, they are still very effective as Guardian runes are healing runes also. Basically they lose about 10% survival to destroy siege and gain passive damage.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I would be all for removing the chill from.necro and burn from guard to ACS but only if they remove all gear scaling to ACS damage output. IE no more pure Condi cancer ACs. After they do this then we can see if arrowcarts need to be tweaked further.

1 AC should never stop 15 people. It should be enough to kill a piece siege when teamed with a couple siege disables. However the damage should be outpaced by the ram/cats if a disable is not used.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Gear scaling was removed from ACs like a year ago. Also, 1 Sup. AC can’t kill a Sup. Ram before a paper gate falls even with 2 disables.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Yes, please anet nerf all these builds exploiting your lack of being able to program with clairvoyance on knowing everything you do will get abused.

Originally I wasn’t going to comment until I saw this post.

How nice of you to log onto your main account and agree with yourself on your own thread. I know it’s you because I remember spawn-camping your server and you whispered me a racist and childish insult and at which point a FA player pointed out to me that this was your alt.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

aight at least I know who can be focused easily because they are trying to use a build meant for taking out siege, and most competent people can fight without the help of said siege

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

If it’s just you on an ac in a tower against a zerg, the outcome would’ve been the same no matter what you did.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

If it’s just you on an ac in a tower against a zerg, the outcome would’ve been the same no matter what you did.

How rich coming from a maguuma resident,when your VR guild been exploiting this non stop.
The outcome may been the same,but the effort of a smaller group to stall shouldnt be denied by a passive exploit that brings absolutely no skill play into the table.
Zero skill,zero strategy and zero ethics.
And worse of all,zero investment and zero personal effort.
And lets not forget the times when people didnt use the direct dmg components of the siege,it ended up with VR glitching through the gates (anz rings a bell for the last 500 match ups?).
Because god forbid an outmanned server stalls for 10 seconds more ,even with an hour of proactive building and carefull placement.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

How rich coming from a maguuma resident,when your VR guild been exploiting this non stop.
The outcome may been the same,but the effort of a smaller group to stall shouldnt be denied by a passive exploit that brings absolutely no skill play into the table.
And lets not forget the times when people didnt use the direct dmg components of the siege,it ended up with VR glitching through the gates (anz rings a bell for the last 500 match ups?).
Because god forbid an outmanned server stalls for 10 seconds more ,even with an hour of proactive building and carefull placement.

Well said

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Learn to build on stairs.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Hiraldo.7954

Hiraldo.7954

Have you tried gitting gud?

[VR] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Stash.8401

Stash.8401

yeah because it takes skill to sit on a piece of siege and click 1-2-3-4
Sitting on ac….1-2-3-4, wait for cd’s – spam 1111111111 1-2-3-4…lel

leaping through combo fields for damaging auras and sharing aegis to burn guards does take effort, since everyone has to work together and manage cooldowns.

edit: not only is the group working towards that, but also trying to sustain through the stupid damage, especially if the AC user is wearing condi armor like a dirty scrub.

Localize [ASAP]
MAGUUMA

(edited by Stash.8401)

in WvW

Famine.7915

Well, we don’t really pay attention to guilds on our own server so I will take your word for that I guess. It becomes a bit contradictory at a point. People build to kill arrow carts like this because arrow carts can be built in places that can’t be hit directly. If the arrow carts are guild/superior, they can do incredible damage to large groups of players.

The way I see the situation described, one person is outraged because he caused the arrow cart to take far too much damage from on-hit effects. This in itself could be mitigated assuming the user has a decent view of the people he is hitting. You should be able to tell if players have large amounts of retaliation, or if guards are blocking. Only firing haphazardly and not being aware of what is happening will get an arrow cart killed that quickly.

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I don’t really care if the damage is intentional or not, it’s perfectly fine if it is. However, if my AC is taking damage from Burning or Bleeding, I want to see that debuff on it. I know I can see it when my own team applies it to enemy siege, so it should be visible for those owning it too imo. I don’t want it to mysteriously take damage for unknown reasons. So this I would like a fix for.

in WvW

Famine.7915

I don’t really care if the damage is intentional or not, it’s perfectly fine if it is. However, if my AC is taking damage from Burning or Bleeding, I want to see that debuff on it. I know I can see it when my own team applies it to enemy siege, so it should be visible for those owning it too imo. I don’t want it to mysteriously take damage for unknown reasons. So this I would like a fix for.

Fair enough point. I don’t think retaliation has any indicator to the object it’s damaging. But I thought damaging conditions showed up, no?

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Fair enough point. I don’t think retaliation has any indicator to the object it’s damaging. But I thought damaging conditions showed up, no?

Unless my own AC last night went from 100% health to 60% in about a minute without ever getting a debuff, it does not. Strongly doubt all of that was Retaliation (which I also believed was removed as a dmg source for siege but might have been reinstated ages ago for all I know).

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Originally I wasn’t going to comment until I saw this post.

How nice of you to log onto your main account and agree with yourself on your own thread. I know it’s you because I remember spawn-camping your server and you whispered me a racist and childish insult and at which point a FA player pointed out to me that this was your alt.

Mag spawn camps? I have never heard of such nonsense

/sarcasm lol

Sorry…had to comment something to this.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

grave of hearts.7830

yeah because it takes skill to sit on a piece of siege and click 1-2-3-4
Sitting on ac….1-2-3-4, wait for cd’s – spam 1111111111 1-2-3-4…lel

leaping through combo fields for damaging auras and sharing aegis to burn guards does take effort, since everyone has to work together and manage cooldowns.

edit: not only is the group working towards that, but also trying to sustain through the stupid damage, especially if the AC user is wearing condi armor like a dirty scrub.

A: you are outdated,condi armor doesnt affect siege dmg anymore
B: Mag doesnt combo field outside leaping through stealth fields because thats all mag runs nowadays to grief people since it takes so much skill to gank 1 person with 10 DD’s.
C: VR doesnt combo field either,they just spam blocks with theyr lame guard blob and every piece of siege that hits them gets destroyed from ac’s to everything with a direct dmg skill including catapults trebs and shield gens.
D: It is a bloody exploit when the reactive range is infinite.
E: When MAG stops running spies saboteurs and exploiting everything,then they can start talking about siege beeing unskilled.

in WvW

grave of hearts.7830

Well, we don’t really pay attention to guilds on our own server so I will take your word for that I guess. It becomes a bit contradictory at a point. People build to kill arrow carts like this because arrow carts can be built in places that can’t be hit directly. If the arrow carts are guild/superior, they can do incredible damage to large groups of players.

The way I see the situation described, one person is outraged because he caused the arrow cart to take far too much damage from on-hit effects. This in itself could be mitigated assuming the user has a decent view of the people he is hitting. You should be able to tell if players have large amounts of retaliation, or if guards are blocking. Only firing haphazardly and not being aware of what is happening will get an arrow cart killed that quickly.

Its not one person and doesnt matter if the siege user even looks or not,the ac gets destroyed in single digit seconds superior or not.
I even had a mortar go from full to destroyed in 2 barrages.
Just because you unknowingly capitalise on it it doesnt mean the rest of us shouldnt make a fuss about it.
Also what do you expect people to do when a blob outside have dropped 6 guild catas?
Sit and just scroll through each of the entire queue to see if they are guards while the catapults take the wall down?
Jump out and try to 1vs boonstacked blob to get siege burried and teabagged and laughed at?
Try to drop a siege disabler through the constantly nuked wall,and through the catapult shields?
Seriously sit down and explain to me where exactly this piece of crap interaction is balanced and fair when theres shield generators that just block ac and all projectiles anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Why should a single person be able to defend against massive blob with 6 catas?

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Why should a single person be able to defend against massive blob with 6 catas?

Is anyone saying that?

Even if you have 20 people versus a blob of 40, you don’t have much choice but to use defensive siege to counter their siege or you’re going to get steamrolled. If you can’t use defensive siege because it gets blown up by a few guards dry-humping the catapults, then you’re out of luck.

To be clear, even when you do this, your structure will take massive supply damage and may still fall outright. You’re not going to be able to defend indefinitely, but if the enemies did something silly like stacking all 6 catapults on top of each other, you may repel the initial assault.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

No, as in no red circles and nothing to indicate that there is a player near enough to do any such damage.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security