Arrowcarts [merged]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Show me 5 Arrow car and a wall, i can face 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 army.

Sad but true.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Show me 5 Arrow car and a wall, i can face 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 army.

Sad but true.

Nub army that doesn’t throw up a Treb or something and take out the AC’s. Especially considering Treb shots can’t be blocked now.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Jee E free.5891

Jee E free.5891

I once used to be a great conqueror just like you. Then I took an arrow-cart to the knee.

Jee E free
[VoTF]Vengeance of the Fallen
Seafarers Rest

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

Or the defence was just exceptionally bad…

Some people’s constitutional inability to admit they’re wrong…it’s just baffling.

This word…I do not think it means what you think it means.

CONSTITUTIONAL (con·sti·tu·tion·al)

1- Of or pertaining to the constitution of a state, organization, etc.

2- Subject to the provisions of such a constitution: a constitutional monarchy.

3- Provided by, in accordance with, or not prohibited by, such a constitution: the constitutional powers of the president; a constitutional law.

4- belonging to or inherent in the character or makeup of a person’s body or mind: a constitutional weakness for sweets.

Nah you didn’t get it. Why would he admit that he’s wrong when he’s right?
A “constitutional inability” would imply that it’s some sort of character flaw and he’s unwilling to recognize an overwhelming amount of evidence to the contrary of his opinion. Seems to apply more to those defending the change in this case…

You questioned my understanding of the word; I clarified and pointed out that my usage was correct. I do indeed believe that those complaining most loudly about this change are simply unwilling to accept that their doom-and-gloom predictions are wrong, or else they won’t admit they are wrong because that would somehow embarrass them (why I have no clue).

You say those in favor of it are the ones who are wrong. That’s a matter of perception only. The usage of the word is correct, and saying “Nuh uh, I’m not wrong YOU are so you used the word incorrectly in the context of this sentence” doesn’t change that.

For the record; I’m a gigantic fan of George Carlin and his obsession over the sanctity and elegance of the English language.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Real reason why arrow carts are buffed: Devs responsible for Fractals of the Mysts, though that arrow carts in Ascalon fractal pose not enough challenge, thus almost doubled their damage by only possible way.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

I cannot believe for the life of me there are people that actually defend this change. Come on wake up smell the coffee.

No you dont understand. You need to use advanced tactics. L2play.

Not advanced, just some.

l2spotsarcasm

But yeah, as MANY people have said, just remove flame rams from the game at this point. Personally, I’ll just fight people who enjoy PvP, not sieging a keep for 3 hours.

Yo Anet, how about GvG arenas for those of us who don’t wanna reroll to the Worker class and spam F on buildsites? Yeah i know… In my kitten dreams.

[Agg]ression – Nfn

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Real reason why arrow carts are buffed: Devs responsible for Fractals of the Mysts, though that arrow carts in Ascalon fractal pose not enough challenge, thus almost doubled their damage by only possible way.

Sad and probable.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

arrow cart caps at 50, GL with the other 99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,950

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

AC being useful is the worst thing that could happen to the game. now viz bloob can (hopefully) be killed by defending group and not be let in the keep to get wiped in the lord room! what a terrible idea. it might lead to completely new concept of playing gw2… non zerging tactical play. omg, what were they thinking.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Victim.3016

Victim.3016

Personally I always felt like ANet listened to us players and more importantly were among us actually playing the game. But to do that with AC’s is just… Well it proves they haven’t been active in WvW for months.
They buffed the thing that was already OP in large numbers, the cheapest and fastest thing to build and easiest and safest thing to place behind walls.

Come on ANet don’t get your ego flared with all this BS, just roll back the AC changes.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Peter Huang.1947

Peter Huang.1947

4/30 A very smart WvW patch:Increasing arrowcarts damage by 80%
1.How to defend tower or keep, very easy just build a lot of Arrowcarts
2.WvW=Arrowcarts vs Arrowcarts
3.Take one keep need 3-4 hours……and a lot of Arrowcarts
4.ARENANET=ARROWNET

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

4/30 A very smart WvW patch:Increasing arrowcarts damage by 80%
1.How to defend tower or keep, very easy just build a lot of Arrowcarts
2.WvW=Arrowcarts vs Arrowcarts
3.Take one keep need 3-4 hours……and a lot of Arrowcarts
4.ARENANET=ARROWNET

Hyper hyperbole!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

STOP AND THINK.

You all say that this is good for the small forces. That, yay “now a large force has to stop and use strategy to take a keep from a smaller force”. What about taking a keep from an equal force? Or from a larger force? Now they have more scouts than you!

Servers that are undermanned won’t be able to take anything either! They will just hide in their tower and keep what they have until people get bored of attacking. Then when you go on attack they do the same to you? Where is the fun in this?

This turns everything into one huge stalemate. If the large WvW guilds start leaving this game, its a BAD thing for everyone. And let me tell you, after not even 24 hours, we are all VERY frustrated with the changes. I sincerely hope they are reverted quickly.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

I cannot believe for the life of me there are people that actually defend this change. Come on wake up smell the coffee, I wanna zerg up some easy WXP.

fixed

Did they remove the siege cap, trebuchets, catapults, and balistas? If not, why are arrow carts such big issue? Because “Everybody Stack!” “Build!” isn’t working for you. This hurts mindless gameplay, why would I defend that?

LOL You just called RG wxp zergers.

You just took away all value from your posts.

Maybe we aren’t watching the same videos. Not sure how that would get past someone with such a keen grasp on things. RG is a great open field guild, they aren’t touting about their siege prowess. They, as I am sure most are, know point caps is the fastest way to accrue WXP, maybe you missed the memo. Not sure where I lost you. Maybe I can type slower.

I don’t even know where to start with you. Do people really care about WXP ? That is the problem with this game it’s all about what can i gain as a player. Players these days don’t ask themselves (well the majority) how can i have a good fight ? Who could i have the best fight against, what guild ? Me personally i would remove every siege unit from the game and just have rams but hey thats me.

People that defend this change are blind 80 % is way over the top, even for the solo Viz gold medalist Archery Champion Pierre he even realises that his loot sack is getting filled way too often.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

AC being useful is the worst thing that could happen to the game. now viz bloob can (hopefully) be killed by defending group and not be let in the keep to get wiped in the lord room! what a terrible idea. it might lead to completely new concept of playing gw2… non zerging tactical play. omg, what were they thinking.

What makes you think you’ll have something to defend? Viz upgrades all the towers and builds million arrowcarts during the night and you have no chance of getting them back now

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

lets put it this way… treb/cata… no1 can argue that zerg at door was just unstoppable. now it isnt anymore and its a good thing.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

Do people really care about WXP ? That is the problem with this game it’s all about what can i gain as a player. Players these days don’t ask themselves (well the majority) how can i have a good fight ? Who could i have the best fight against, what guild ?

This x100. I actually like using my character, not sitting on a siege weapon and spam AoE while I can comfortably be eating with my other hand.

Again, Anet? GvG arenas? Nope? Not in a million years? sadface

[Agg]ression – Nfn

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

lets put it this way… treb/cata… no1 can argue that zerg at door was just unstoppable. now it isnt anymore and its a good thing.

I guess your server is the only one with access to these, right?

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

Explain to me how 4 arrowcarts behind the doors tearing the flesh from the bones of the people on the gate, exactly wasn’t enough to stop a zerg? Or even better, arrowcarts on the ramparts that were unhittable.

Explain to me how gathering some members and rushing out the teleport could not kill people?

Explain to me what world you are living in, because I wanna live there, seems magical.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Think about every single time you have seen a group of people take a tower or keep. What do they do? They stand directly in front of the door and beat on it, or they group around the catapults that are attacking the door. They just stand there, attacking the door. Cast things on the walls if there are defenders up there. Stand around, hit the door.

Everyone has been stuck in the same mindset about how towers and keeps are taken for months and months, which is run up to the door, drop rams, and plow on through. Now that you can’t do this anymore, the complaints roll in.

How to take a tower now? You need siege to take out the arrow carts. “But they will just build counter-siege!” They do not have infinite siege! You do, because you are the attacker and they are trapped inside. You need to starve them out. How you do this is:

-small group to man the siege that is destroying the arrow carts and other siege
-small group to defend the siege man-ers
-small group to secure nearby supply camps so you can keep building more siege
-small group to defend the supply camps so the enemy can’t build siege
-small group to cut off reinforcements to the tower so they can’t bring in supply from elsewhere

It’s going to take coordination from several small group all working toward a common goal, it’s going to take a bit of time, and it’s going to take skill in resource management from the commanders rather than just zerg the door. Hey guys, look at that, Anet solved the zerging problem! Which you’ve all been asking for, for months! So why the complaints…?

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Raege.1069

Let me put it this way. Vizunah caps everything at night -> Vizunah has upgraded towers with arrowcarts AND a blob. You can’t zerg the gate. Your countersiege will be derstoyerd by the blob. What are you going to do now?

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Think about every single time you have seen a group of people take a tower or keep. What do they do? They stand directly in front of the door and beat on it, or they group around the catapults that are attacking the door. They just stand there, attacking the door. Cast things on the walls if there are defenders up there. Stand around, hit the door.

Everyone has been stuck in the same mindset about how towers and keeps are taken for months and months, which is run up to the door, drop rams, and plow on through. Now that you can’t do this anymore, the complaints roll in.

How to take a tower now? You need siege to take out the arrow carts. “But they will just build counter-siege!” They do not have infinite siege! You do, because you are the attacker and they are trapped inside. You need to starve them out. How you do this is:

-small group to man the siege that is destroying the arrow carts and other siege
-small group to cut off reinforcements to the tower so they can’t bring in supply from elsewhere

Hey guys, look at that, Anet solved the zerging problem! Which you’ve all been asking for, for months!

hmmm, small group everything, lets also run with small groups and split up into other objectives like our enemy…. Or we could group up, and take out each of these small groups, until they’re left with nobody.

Will you help me move?

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

See? THIS is how WvWvW is suppose to be played!

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Let me put it this way. Vizunah caps everything at night -> Vizunah has upgraded towers with arrowcarts AND a blob. You can’t zerg the gate. Your countersiege will be derstoyerd by the blob. What are you going to do now?

Sounds like you all have a serious problem in EU T1 that has nothing to do with arrowcarts.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Peter Huang.1947

Peter Huang.1947

A good thing??? It’s a most stupid patch.
If occupied a tower or keep become verrrrrrrrrrry Difficult
The ppl of WvW will reduce very quickly..

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Kebab.4013

Hey guys, look at that, Anet solved the zerging problem! Which you’ve all been asking for, for months!

As defenders I would prolly do this:
-medium group to kill the siege and their guards
-redirect medium group to kill the small groups running from and in the camp and grab supplies.
-redirect the medium group to kill the last small group running around being idiots.

Hey guys, look at that, Anet has made the problem even worse! Which you’ve all been asking for, for months!

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

lettucemode.3789

hmmm, small group everything, lets also run with small groups and split up into other objectives like our enemy…. Or we could group up, and take out each of these small groups, until they’re left with nobody.

You can’t group up now, arrow carts were buffed, remember? Just build some carts at the supply camps, or to defend your own siege. Then if they start siege-ing that, well, now we’ve got some interesting counterplay going on.

Sanctum of Rall

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

lettucemode.3789

-redirect medium group to kill the small groups running from and in the camp and grab supplies.
-redirect the medium group to kill the last small group running around being idiots.

Hey guys, look at that, Anet has made the problem even worse! Which you’ve all been asking for, for months!

See my other post. Arrow carts out in the field or at the supply camp will deal with the medium or large groups sent as counters.

Sanctum of Rall

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Explain to me how 4 arrowcarts behind the doors tearing the flesh from the bones of the people on the gate, exactly wasn’t enough to stop a zerg? Or even better, arrowcarts on the ramparts that were unhittable.

Explain to me how gathering some members and rushing out the teleport could not kill people?

Explain to me what world you are living in, because I wanna live there, seems magical.

i have full zerk ele and NEWER get downed by arrowcarts…

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Bones.5762

You can’t group up now, arrow carts were buffed, remember? Just build some carts at the supply camps, or to defend your own siege. Then if they start siege-ing that, well, now we’ve got some interesting counterplay going on.

yea arrowcart is buffed when you have to take an objective, but trying using your arrowcart at point blank range, works miracles.

Will you help me move?

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

u really think viz bloob will come out of keep to destroy siege!? more good news!!!

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Get my blob together, wait for them to attack my cats and trebs.

Use arrow carts and ballista on them when they attack my cats and trebs.

Mop up with my blob. This is called farming for bags.

Once we get a hole, we set about clearing siege on inner as best as we can with our own siege and then break in there with another hole.

Once we get inside inner, we build more siege, kill what we can then send a siege suicide force to lords room. We do this till there isn’t any more siege. Wait for a regroup, mop up because they won’t have any supply to build siege with.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

See? THIS is how WvWvW is suppose to be played!

You’re doing it wrong. Try using more commanders next time. You guys could use some coordination.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

lettucemode.3789

yea arrowcart is buffed when you have to take an objective, but trying using your arrowcart at point blank range, works miracles.

I’m pretty arrow carts don’t have a minimum range. If I’m wrong and they do, just spread them out so they can cover each other.

Sanctum of Rall

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Raege.1069

Sounds like you all have a serious problem in EU T1 that has nothing to do with arrowcarts.

These new arrowcart buffs add to the problem. Vizunah is known for their habit of turtling inside a tower and avoiding open field fighting at all costs, often having 5+ arrowcarts in one tower. It is VERY boring to fight against and with this new arrowcart buff I can see this type of boredomfest becoming more popular.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

A good thing??? It’s a most stupid patch.
If occupied a tower or keep become verrrrrrrrrrry Difficult
The ppl of WvW will reduce very quickly..

its not gonna become difficult. it is hopefully gonna become impossible the way it is done now. adapt… a welcome change…

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Bones.5762

I’m pretty arrow carts don’t have a minimum range. If I’m wrong and they do, just spread them out so they can cover each other.

youre wrong, you cant use AC right next to you, theres a min range. so spread out players, sounds like easy pickings for a group who will focus them.

Will you help me move?

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I see more trebs being used and mroe catas.

Anti Treb you say? oh, well thats good cause we took your camps and can build multiple trebs to take yours and your walls down.
Oh your ACs were on those walls? Sorry I’ll aim better next time.
A calssic siege is about having the resources to outlast the other group. Running a target out of supplies until they can no longer reinforce is what it will take.
Range down all the ACs on the walls and they will run our of resources to replace them.
I don’t believe the ACs will stop zergs from happening. Large groups will be able to carry the supplies needed to siege a tower/keep so they will still be more desirable. The small groups will be relegated to camps and yak slapping.
I do see a rise in treb purchased…I’m taking out stock when I get home :-)

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

lettucemode.3789

See my other post. Arrow carts out in the field or at the supply camp will deal with the medium or large groups sent as counters.

If they send a huge group, take something on the other side of the map.

So in the open field… people would never think of splitting up and not standing in the red circle?

Unless ofcourse you have 10 arrowcards, mighty be semi possible then.

Oh hey, no longer doing any fight? arrowcartwarsj mewkæfgjlædgds dsfgdfsgdsgdsfgs

Can’t belive people are so bloody stupid I don’t…. I dnoq werq kijtrkæeatgi rejæig krlejrhkhdhszd gi gijsgjt iwaopægtjuiwap tjgopgj oi grpæoji gwaopjf iowae jfipwajfi skl.nxmbncvxnbjfxkfdgfdhudghursilruhyrliuhgdrlghdlg d h guidfudg luilr liu drf huilrd ghuirlo glhgluir hgruilglhbdgdrzl dxu hlghrdguirolwerq kijtrkæeatgi rejæig krlejrhkhdhszd gi gijsgjt iwaopægtjuiwap tjgopgj oi grpæoji gwaopjf iowae jfipwajfi skl.nxmbncvxnbjfxkfdgfdhudghursilruhyrliuhgdrlghdlg d h guidfudg luilr liu drf huilrd ghuirlo glhgluir hgruilglhbdgdrzl dxu hlghrdguirolwerq kijtrkæeatgi rejæig krlejrhkhdhszd gi gijsgjt iwaopægtjuiwap tjgopgj oi grpæoji gwaopjf iowae jfipwajfi skl.nxmbncvxnbjfxkfdgfdhudghursilruhyrliuhgdrlghdlg d h guidfudg luilr liu drf huilrd ghuirlo glhgluir hgruilglhbdgdrzl dxu hlghrdguirolwerq kijtrkæeatgi rejæig krlejrhkhdhszd gi gijsgjt iwaopægtjuiwap tjgopgj oi grpæoji gwaopjf iowae jfipwajfi skl.nxmbncvxnbjfxkfdgfdhudghursilruhyrliuhgdrlghdlg d h guidfudg luilr liu drf huilrd ghuirlo glhgluir hgruilglhbdgdrzl dxu hlghrdguirol

If you can’t get close to the arrow carts, then siege them from afar. But now they’re going to send a small or medium group to take out THAT siege, so you need to defend or send your own group out…..

Interesting counterplay going on

okay then, answer me this. Let us say you are attacking briar that has several countertrebs up. They will always take out your treb or catapult before you hit them. You can’t go close to the tower at all. How are you suppose to take it then?

Several? Why are there so many trebs defending a tower of all things? And your statement “they will always take out your treb or catapult” is misleading, it assumes a lot:no human error, perfect scouting by the enemy given the long range of trebs, etc.

Under normal circumstances, it’s not hard to figure out. They have a limited amount of supply and you don’t. Build trebs simultaneously in multiple locations (every time I see multiple trebs build, they’re all within like 100 feet of each other…wtf. I mean like half a mile apart from each other) around the tower, close to max treb range. Once those go down, build more. Keep doing this and defending the spots until the defending trebs are down. Then move in closer and set up the next round of siege. Prevent more siege from being carried to the tower with small groups.

EDIT: I’m gonna be gone for a while, got a meeting here at work for the next 1.5 hours. Will try to respond to any other comments when I get back.

Sanctum of Rall

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Kebab.4013

Anti Treb you say? oh, well thats good cause we took your camps and can build multiple trebs to take yours and your walls down.
A calssic siege is about having the resources to outlast the other group. Running a target out of supplies until they can no longer reinforce is what it will take.
Range down all the ACs on the walls and they will run our of resources to replace them.
I don’t believe the ACs will stop zergs from happening. Large groups will be able to carry the supplies needed to siege a tower/keep so they will still be more desirable. The small groups will be relegated to camps and yak slapping.

If you think this is what is keeping the game alive….

R.I.P
Guildwars 2
Summer 2013

“Denied their own faulths until the end.”

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Raege.1069

Except that we only had one guy on the treb and rest stopping you from taking our camps

Sure if your buildsite survives long enough ^^

You only need a few people to man the siege, there is MANY others to recap the camps

ACs can be placed so that player skills wont reach them

Well, that makes sense

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Everyone that isn’t on Vizunah does actually. Raege has a very good point and specifically when dealing with Viz. They have much better coverage than any T1 current server… they cap everyone’s towers / keeps / SM over night. When you wake up in the morning you are faced with YOUR OWN areas being T3 and sieged up with a billion (ok slight exaggeration) arrowcarts. Now given the increased effectiveness of them against pretty much anything you can throw at a tower… what are you going to do..

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

This is just a joke. We just open Hill Keep, entered with around 40-50 men, and almost everyone was instantly down by the around 10 people and Arrowcarts on the gate
If this isn’t fixed how should it be posssible to take a keep with an enemy zerg in it.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

There are really 2 different types of player that will complain about this change, the open field GvG player that just wants 2 evenly matched opponents, and could care less if all siege, heck even structures were removed. I feel bad for those players, and while WvW sometimes allows for this to occur, that isn’t the game you are playing. There should be an alternate GvG structure, but that isn’t what WvW is, it’s about capturing and controlling points. Now while this leads to epic confrontations where armies collide, that is not the point of WvW.
Then there is the zergballing player who now cannot waltz about pressing 1 feverishly and get free WXP handouts. I think it’s great that players will be forced to think on their own.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Kebab.4013

Several? Why are there so many trebs defending a tower of all things? And your statement “they will always take out your treb or catapult” is misleading, it assumes a lot:no human error, perfect scouting by the enemy given the long range of trebs, etc.

Under normal circumstances, it’s not hard to figure out. They have a limited amount of supply and you don’t. Build trebs simultaneously in multiple locations around the tower, close to max treb range. Once those go down, build more. Keep doing this and defending the spots until the defending trebs are down. Then move in closer and set up the next round of siege. Prevent more siege from being carried to the tower with small groups.

EDIT: I’m gonna be gone for a while, got a meeting here at work for the next 1.5 hours. Will try to respond to any other comments when I get back.

Bad scouting? You do realize there is this thing called viewdistance right? You can see when a treb goes up. Ofcourse you will be able to take down their one treb, if you spend 3-4 hours building your own from the 20 supplies you get from the supply camp every minute or so. So after 10-11 tries to get their treb down, it goes down….. But hey wait… what exactly prevents them in getting supplies in? Forcefield? Vodoo? Do you got 30 arrowcarts in 13000 range from the tower a circle around the tower preventing stealthed people running past? Even more likely, you couldn’t prevent normal people from running in the first place.

So you sit here, taking hours taking their siege down, but they will continue to build more and repair, nothing can possibly prevent them. Don’t say small groups because then I know you haven’t been in wvwvw. So you sit here for 12 hours taking our treb.

No you cannot put in close quarters, because guess bloody what, AC enmasse. You CANNOT get close to a well sieged tower.

Your way of thinking amazes me….

and another thing…

HOW COME THAT EVERYBODY IS ON AN OUTMANNED SERVER AND WANTS TO BREAK THE BLOB? SURELY NOT EVERYBODY CAN BE ON AN OUTMANNED SERVER.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Arrowcars are going to be nerfed in less than a couple of days.

80% more damage??? What are you smoking Anet?

They are based in Washington state where it’s legal to enjoy dat herb!

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

The way I look at it, they’re trying to give smaller numbers of people a chance to fight off large groups. With these new additions, it will force zergs to implement a little more strategy.

The damage increase and range on the arrow carts are going to force more strategy than just zerg balling. Its a fantastic addition, one that I welcome.

thing i dont get is, why dont people see the reverse of this? if it helps the smaller number of players, it would also help the superior numbers of players as well by 80%!!

you’ll never be able to capture anything if they cant capture it either because they can apply same tactics you use, and defend it easier because they still have numbers to spare.

Again, that goes back to coordination and strategy, thats what this is going to boil down to. People working together. Forcing people to work together, and do things differently whether its offensive or defensive.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Under normal circumstances, it’s not hard to figure out. They have a limited amount of supply and you don’t. Build trebs simultaneously in multiple locations around the tower, close to max treb range. Once those go down, build more. Keep doing this and defending the spots until the defending trebs are down. Then move in closer and set up the next round of siege. Prevent more siege from being carried to the tower with small groups.

Bad scouting? You do realize there is this thing called viewdistance right? You can see when a treb goes up. Ofcourse you will be able to take down their one treb, if you spend 3-4 hours building your own from the 20 supplies you get from the supply camp every minute or so. So after 10-11 tries to get their treb down, it goes down….. But hey wait… what exactly prevents them in getting supplies in? Forcefield? Vodoo? Do you got 30 arrowcarts in 13000 range from the tower a circle around the tower preventing stealthed people running past? Even more likely, you couldn’t prevent normal people from running in the first place.

So you sit here, taking hours taking their siege down, but they will continue to build more and repair, nothing can possibly prevent them. Don’t say small groups because then I know you haven’t been in wvwvw. So you sit here for 12 hours taking our treb.

No you cannot put in close quarters, because guess bloody what, AC enmasse. You CANNOT get close to a well sieged tower.

Your way of thinking amazes me….

and another thing…

HOW COME THAT EVERYBODY IS ON AN OUTMANNED SERVER AND WANTS TO BREAK THE BLOB? SURELY NOT EVERYBODY CAN BE ON AN OUTMANNED SERVER.

Everyone is also 2v1’d all the time.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Counterplay? This is just delusional. Even if it were possible, I do not want to sit at my pc for 6 hours entertaining those following me as we all sit there and watch the 1 guy we have on siege charging shots so that we may or may not take down their siege, then repeat it in the hopes that we do it faster than the enemy rebuilding etc etc bla bla bla bla bla

PvP. Have you ever heard of it? Do you know what it is? There are like no wvw guilds that are interested in sitting here playing counter siege wars regardless of what you OR anet believes wvw is. (P.S sorry, your 5 man havoc squad is and was insignificant, regardless of what you may believe).

Im sorry, im not going to play some trash where we sit and fire trebuchets at each other and pretend like there is something tactical in that kitten. You are all deluded honestly. Well, I hope when wvw dies that the 20 players on the map really enjoy firing treb shots at each other.

GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Victim.3016

Victim.3016

Counterplay? This is just delusional. Even if it were possible, I do not want to sit at my pc for 6 hours entertaining those following me as we all sit there and watch the 1 guy we have on siege charging shots so that we may or may not take down their siege, then repeat it in the hopes that we do it faster than the enemy rebuilding etc etc bla bla bla bla bla

PvP. Have you ever heard of it? Do you know what it is? There are like no wvw guilds that are interested in sitting here playing counter siege wars regardless of what you OR anet believes wvw is. (P.S sorry, your 5 man havoc squad is and was insignificant, regardless of what you may believe).

Im sorry, im not going to play some trash where we sit and fire trebuchets at each other and pretend like there is something tactical in that kitten. You are all deluded honestly. Well, I hope when wvw dies that the 20 players on the map really enjoy firing treb shots at each other.

Wow and that’s coming from the biggest ArenaNet fanboy I know.

LOOK WHAT YOU’VE DONE ANET!! OUR WEE JACKIE IS DISSAPOINT!!

FIX IT NAO!!

(edited by Victim.3016)