Ascended Weapons and WvW

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

I take it that since legendaries will soon be able to have stat changes out of combat, it would be possible to do this for other gear?

I don’t see that happening and the main reason is that it sets Legendaries apart. It makes them cooler, it makes them more worth trying to get if you care about stats and not just looks. I could be proven wrong at some point, but I don’t expect us to head down that road.

P.S. No.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

BS gear grind. Just like Anet said they didnt want.

Yea, I’m really disappointed too. I play multiple characters and each has a number of armor sets. Anet, are you discouraging us to play multiple characters and figure out the best build for our playstyle?

Saw this coming from a mile away. That’s why I just run rampager gear and base my builds around it. Pretty versatile gear set that has a little bit of everything… except defense, but if someone’s about to hit me, I just dodge.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Legendaries having the perk of stat changes makes them… well legendary, doesn’t it? Otherwise they would be nothing more than what they are now, a shiny skin.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I’m doing lots of solo roaming in WvW so I definitely want to have ascended items.

I’m in a similar situation ankitten ot looking forward to having to get these stupid weapons just to stay competitive. This whole thing is the direct reason I don’t bother with other MMOs. I made the conscious decision to overlook the Ascended trinket debacle because I thought Anet would not continue down that trend for WvW, though it is becoming clear that I was incorrect.

I frankly can’t be bothered to grind for several more of these stupid things for all my characters that I want to take into WvW. Even right now I only really try solo play on my Thief since he’s got the best gear, but sometimes I do want to try other things without having to grind a whole new set of stats.

It really is disappointing that if I want to have some PvP without having to worry about gear I have to force myself into the torture that is SPvP. What’s worse, all of my friends and guildies hate SPvP so I’d have nobody to play it with. WvW roaming is what we like. A pity that no MMO seems to cater to these desires, even when they promise to do so in their manifesto.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I take it that since legendaries will soon be able to have stat changes out of combat, it would be possible to do this for other gear?

I don’t see that happening and the main reason is that it sets Legendaries apart. It makes them cooler, it makes them more worth trying to get if you care about stats and not just looks. I could be proven wrong at some point, but I don’t expect us to head down that road.

P.S. No.

You could set them apart by giving them changeable Sigils and Stats while just allowing changeable stats for Ascended Gear. Pigeonholing people into running X build because they have X Ascended gear in a game built around encouraging build diversity is completely counter-intuitive. I didn’t play GW to chase gear to make builds with and yet that’s all I’ve done in GW2 despite it supposedly being built around encouraging build/playstyle diversity. I know you’re not the guy to be angry at for this and I’m not so I don’t mean to be rude to you personally but it hurts when you old, favorite, game company does a complete 180 turn in their design philosophy. I’ve made way too many posts on this and it always puts me in a sour mood so I’m just going to stop with it now but I’m very disappointed with you guys as a whole. Completely lost sight of where you came from.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Will KARMA be used, in some way, to obtain ascendent gear?

Or will it remain a sub-optimal currency as it is now?

[ROCK]
Desolation

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Well that’s it for me…No way am i grinding gear again.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

P.S. No.

You could set them apart by giving them changeable Sigils and Stats while just allowing changeable stats for Ascended Gear. Pigeonholing people into running X build because they have X Ascended gear in a game built around encouraging build diversity is completely counter-intuitive. I didn’t play GW to chase gear to make builds with and yet that’s all I’ve done in GW2 despite it supposedly being built around encouraging build/playstyle diversity. I know you’re not the guy to be angry at for this and I’m not so I don’t mean to be rude to you personally but it hurts when you old, favorite, game company does a complete 180 turn in their design philosophy. I’ve made way too many posts on this and it always puts me in a sour mood so I’m just going to stop with it now but I’m very disappointed with you guys as a whole. Completely lost sight of where you came from.

+1

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

It’s pretty disgusting that now, if you want to stay competitive, you pretty much have to grind a legendary.

Ascended is time-gated, so can’t even be considered an option if you want any more than only one build on only one character.

Then again, judging by WXP, that’s working as intended :/

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

A good point was brought up on the Ranger forum that seemed fitting here. With the introduction of ascended weapons, and the later release of ascended armor, will Ranger pets be improved to deal more damage and have more health to offset the improved stats from ascended gear?

Without proper scaling in place for the Ranger pets, they’ll end up doing less damage and taking more once more players are geared. And since Ranger weapon coefficients are worse than every class in the game, the player will also gain the least from the weapons.

Has this been taken into consideration when you roll out all this new ascended gear?

Here’s a link to the original thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/More-Ascended-gear-vs-Pets/first#post2720429

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Ohh I didn’t even think of that. For once engi’s lack of options could be seen as a boon! Poor warriors. Do we know for sure yet if they’ll be time gated by account or by character?

Dont be to excited.

Kits dont scale with weapondamage, they just have a flat scaling equivalent to Exotic level gear. So when you get your Ascended weapon it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they forget to fix that and your kits will be stuck at Exotic even if you’re sporting better weapons.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Joxer.4807

Joxer.4807

I have simple suggestion: make the ascended gear downscale to exotic when you join WvW. In this way PvE players would have their reward and WvW players no malus for not farming.

Aurin Striate – Engineer – Ring of Fire

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

P.S. No.

^ Yeah this.

I have a zerg guardian and a P/D thief, and that’s all I play in WvW aside from a lowbie mes when extras are needed for goleming.

It hurts the game so much when build diversity = hitting your head against a wall gear chasing, and alts (they should not even be considered alts) are even more of painful grind to level, gear, and now get WvW abilities.

There is a happy compromise somewhere where we can have progression that happens doing things we enjoy, and actually enriches the game experience.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

They should just treat WvW like a separate game in these instances and make some an Ascended set which can be obtained by BoHs that’s only usable in WvW.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Would like to see the stat difference now rather then later.
Also, don`t time gate this, the loot in wvws is bad enough that we`ll more then likely never see what we need to make stuff or it is going to be so rare it isn`t worth the hope of making new weapons, but having to do one thing a day is just wrong.

Also dreading the obvious, guildie as of today has two legend daggers, a thief.
Just imagine their already stupid damage output & add the new stats on top…..

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Dev considered the fact Rangers overall dmg has 40% of it based off of their pet? Which means any stat gain for a Ranger is only 60% equivalent to other classes?? Or are we just going to fall farther behind on the dmg dealing perspective of the game?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Dev considered the fact Rangers overall dmg has 40% of it based off of their pet? Which means any stat gain for a Ranger is only 60% equivalent to other classes?? Or are we just going to fall farther behind on the dmg dealing perspective of the game?

You’re forgetting, first of all, it’s one piece of gear, second of all, the stat boost will most likely be insignificant in a battle.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

You’re forgetting, first of all, it’s one piece of gear, second of all, the stat boost will most likely be insignificant in a battle.

Really, cause I see a vendor with all kinds of rings and trinkets that are arguably better than standard exotic gear, but to what end? These gear items don’t effect a Rangers Pet, which again does a bunch of my damage, it only effects me so I fall behind yet again in the damage department, because the pet isn’t scaling. So, it is one piece, and what all of the legendary’s are getting a stat change as well? So, Ranger’s get 60% boost of those values when it comes to DPS ?

Edit: So if the stat boost grants us all 100 pwr, because I get a pet I only gain in actual effectivness 60 power but everyone gets the full 100… This is insignificant, but is it right?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

(edited by NargofWoV.4267)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

EchenSketch.9142

Really, cause I see a vendor with all kinds of rings and trinkets that are arguably better than standard exotic gear, but to what end? These gear items don’t effect a Rangers Pet, which again does a bunch of my damage, it only effects me so I fall behind yet again in the damage department, because the pet isn’t scaling. So, it is one piece, and what all of the legendary’s are getting a stat change as well? So, Ranger’s get 60% boost of those values when it comes to DPS ?

No, you’ll get 100% of the boost, like any other class. Your pet is, and will always be additional dps.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

No, you’ll get 100% of the boost, like any other class. Your pet is, and will always be additional dps.

Yes, I will get 100% of the boost, but that only effects 60% of my dps. That isn’t fair.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

(edited by NargofWoV.4267)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

EchenSketch.9142

P.S. No.

The only people that should be criticising ascended weapons are the WvW folks. Yes, Gw2 is about build diversity. And you can purchase multiple sets of gear for your various builds with rares and exotics. However, if you want that little extra, then you have to earn it. It it ascended gear was easy to get, and everyone got it within a short amount of time, then it would be pointless in releasing. You don’t have to get the gear right when it comes out. Think about how long it took the trinkets to get released. You’ll have plenty of time to get ascended gear. Too many people QQ’ing here are insignificant stat changes. These updates are for the people who need something to do. They’re here to give people something to work for.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

P.S. No.

The only people that should be criticising ascended weapons are the WvW folks. Yes, Gw2 is about build diversity. And you can purchase multiple sets of gear for your various builds with rares and exotics. However, if you want that little extra, then you have to earn it. It it ascended gear was easy to get, and everyone got it within a short amount of time, then it would be pointless in releasing. You don’t have to get the gear right when it comes out. Think about how long it took the trinkets to get released. You’ll have plenty of time to get ascended gear. Too many people QQ’ing here are insignificant stat changes. These updates are for the people who need something to do. They’re here to give people something to work for.

Great, get them to put Legendary Pets into the game to give me something to shoot for.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Unless you run condis which don’t scale off anything xD

Narg is right. If he is a power ranger his base damage stats for skills and attacks are lower than other classes based off the fact his pet is doing damage too. But as he said, the pets damage doesnt scale when his stats increase.

To simplify, say warrior longbow did 1000dps and rangers did 600dps with the pet picking up the extra 400 to round it out. If the new weapon sets gave you a 10% damage output boost the warrior would be at 1100 dps and the ranger would be at 660 dps plus 400 equaling 1060.

Crude but hope it helps to visualise it a little more.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

you’re right its a minor imbalance but not a big deal either way tbh

i expect ascended rangers to be pretty intense

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

you’re right its a minor imbalance but not a big deal either way tbh

i expect ascended rangers to be pretty intense

Uh… [insert random thoughts that would get me an infraction point]

Going from exotic to ascended is about 10% increase in stats (what that means in actual vitality, armor, attack power, etc is up to someone with more patience to figure out). It’s not just 10% less damage the ranger itself will end up doing. It’s 10% less damage the pet will end up doing AND 10% less ‘real’ hitpoints it will have. In a game where the pet already isn’t working. For a class that has no role or functional use in WvW.

Are you so threatened by the Ranger you feel it deserves this handicap?

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

If the drop rate in wvw for new materials is as low as these are then forget it, you’ll never make a new set.

Except it apparently won’t have any “drop rate”.
From the official blog post quoted above:

You’ll receive these materials as guaranteed rewards once per day per unique location (…)

For example, capturing camps, towers, and keeps in WvW will earn you these crafting materials.

So there you are, guaranteed non random access.

Which will most probably be per account thereby again punishing those of us with alts and who like changing builds periodically.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

PAY [GRIND] TO WINNNNNNNNNNNN

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

I’ll also point out here that I am not involved in this system, outside of making sure the interests of WvW are appropriately represented as it is designed and implemented. If you have suggestions for different ways to handle this, you should find a more appropriate forum.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Sadly my money is that they will be a large advantage. This is based on how anet has handled things in the past (poorly). Being forced to pve to enjoy wvw is a bad idea.

My goal is to eliminate the latter scenario. And I promise to do as much as I can to meet that.

Now you’re saying that, but you know it’s bull kitten.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Oroibahazopi.9074

Oroibahazopi.9074

I’ll also point out here that I am not involved in this system, outside of making sure the interests of WvW are appropriately represented as it is designed and implemented. If you have suggestions for different ways to handle this, you should find a more appropriate forum.

You’re not involved in the system but you’re responsible in making sure the interests of WvW are represented. How does that compute?

And do tell where we are supposed to leave WvW suggestions relating to WvW and balancing WvW? Maybe we have all been posting in the wrong place this whole time with our suggestions and complaints which is why nothing has been done about anything.

Unless tower lords bleed gold and rare mats like a faberge pinata it’s never going to equal PvE. Saying you can get these mats in WvW by grinding horrible PvE event or even the mobs is just kittenation.

The whole system is a new players trap tbh, oh you took all that time to get that shiney gear? well too bad because it’s bad in WvW unlike the PvE where it’s the best. Oh you spent that WxP on that skill? Well too bad you chose wrong and now you have no way to repairing the damage done.

Why is it so hard to get that people want an actual competitive game mode where everyone has the equal opportunity to be good. Not time played = goodness of gear = kitten son you aint rolling with us until you grind another set of exo’s or soon ascended.

inb4 but gear doesn’t matter from the carebears who probably never even play WvW outside getting their heads stomped into the ground trying to run the jumping puzzles

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

But if we make a thread complaining about ascended gear unbalancing WvW, Mr. Mod will move it to the WvW forum

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Sadly my money is that they will be a large advantage. This is based on how anet has handled things in the past (poorly). Being forced to pve to enjoy wvw is a bad idea.

My goal is to eliminate the latter scenario. And I promise to do as much as I can to meet that.

A better overall solution is to have WvW-only gear.

People rail against PvP-stats, but there is a reason they exist. It is still the most efficient way to give PvP in a PvE game its own gear progressions system.

I realize the horse has left the barn though. Anet has chosen casual WvW’ers over the dedicated.

EDIT: The PvP stat could be easily added through infusions.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

It will just be the same kitten again.

New gear grind come out>it’s too hard(lazy) to farm it>decide to quit>farewell thread on forum>bashing EZNET for catering certain players(pve).

Few months later, the issue will be forgotten with lesser players, more ghost town and EZNET will still add in gear grind. kitten will keep on repeating until WvW is removed/filled with fair-weathers.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

P.S. No.

This argument is “Use second best gear till you get ascended, duh…..for every build you’ll ever run, try to run, and be forced to run (skill changes).” Really? Yeah that’s awesome.

Getting full, and I mean full, ascended gear on a single character even for one set shows dedication and investment on that character. I should not have to run around with second best equipment simply because some PvE player constantly needs to get shiny stuff to obtain to keep him interested because the constantly updating world doesn’t do it for him. This game was marketed with a few key things in mind not the least of which was “Build diversity” and “Not forcing you to play”. Implementing extreme amounts of time-gated gear, never mind the fact they do make you stronger, does two things; Discourage build diversity and force you to play.

You’re quick to jump on the people who don’t like to use second rate gear yet when it comes to people who need to grind for gear as an excuse to play the game instead of enjoying the constant living world updates, WvW, and even sPvP we best all defend them right? I’m not saying remove it. I actually like the idea of a final step of armor. I’m saying let people who just want to actually enjoy the game and all of it’s future content, not thinking about gear (like how GW was and how GW2 was marketed) have their way too. Let us “finish” our characters so we can enjoy the game and let the people who want to grind for gear either grind for Legendary weapons, Alts, or even a whole other game, then they can come back to GW when they want and enjoy the new content….Like how GW2 was exactly marketed!

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

(edited by Castaliea.3156)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I don’t really understand why pve and WvW does not roll out this content simultaneously. Its definitely poor form.

Add the weapons to the Laurel Merchant. Problem solved. Just saved the Devs an afternoon of discussion.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I already know you’re being tossed under the bus by Arena Net. No need to reiterate that they don’t let you sit at their table in the cafeteria. We know you’re not involved in the system, that’s the problem.

Producing a system without consideration for a portion of the fanbase, alienates that portion of the fanbase. I’m not saying that like it’s news to anyone at you’re entire development studio. I watched every panel, read every blog post, and even translated stuff from german in which I can site multiple folks on the dev team stating that they know (beyond it being common sense). I’m saying that because you all know better yet consistently do so anyhow.

WvW is as much Guild Wars 2 as anything else, and it’s well past due Arena Net acknowledged that. Money talks, and that PvE development budget is loud enough to drown out every promise you make.

Only the hard things are worth doing, and anything that is worth doing, is worth doing properly.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hanibull.5124

Hanibull.5124

Actions > Words

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Translation:
There’s nothing I can do, and I’m contractually obligated not to kitten about my employer.

I feel for you man, I do. I take it on good faith that the WvW team is genuinely invested in WvW, and that NCSoft (and perhaps ANet as a whole) are not. kittening about you when it’s NCSoft (and again, maybe the bigger ANet) who decide how resources are allocated is like yelling at a waiter because your food wasn’t cooked right.

But this is the WvW forum, and we are voicing our WvW concerns here, like good little forumers. I’m sure I’m not the only one voicing my concerns in the general forum as well, but there it’s so easy to get drowned out by the people who see this game only through the lens of PvE. Which kind of proves the dilemma, it’s evident there are a lot more PvEers than WvWers out there. But when you’re biggest challenge is getting to a boss before the zerg melts it, it’s hard to appreciate what any change does to the competitive environment. When you’re greatest joy in this game is receiving stuff, it’s hard to appreciate competing for competition’s sake. Couple that with the fact that you’re one of the more active devs on the forums, and discussing this on the general forums can be a bit like smashing your head into a wall.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Which would be the appropriate forum?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

It’s clear you do care for wvw and its playerbase, and I do appreciate it.
But just let us know this, what do the other people of anet think about this?

I mean how does that work?

They’d be like “Okey now we’re going to implement ascended weapons and eventually armor”
And you’d be like “Okey, but that will be great concern of balance for wvw players with alts and all”

What do they say? kitten them? Is that it? Cause that’s REALLY how it sounds.

I mean it’s great you are asking and listening to us for possible solutions and what kind of issues there will be, but is there really noone else about you that cares about all this?

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

GJ Anet in breaking all your promises of no farming in pve to play WvW gj.

my suggestion hire someone that can actually create a future for gw2. and not another dead game gg.

what the hell legendary armor? not only do you throw off the balance with exotic gears but you can only get them in pve is that true?

I see a lot ppls quitting if you don’t change.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

im a bit scared anet team don’t see the problems they create. too much computer gaming maybe xD?

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

First the Guard Killer ridiculousness and now heavily time gated Ascended gear upgrades. Anet only wants you to have one toon and one build for that toon. How are you supposed to entice new players when they immediately are at a severe disadvantage?

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I do not like this change for many of the reasons already stated.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

I wish ascended weapons could not be used in WvW. In fact, any type of armor/weapon not purchasable in wvw, should be scaled down/excluded from WvW.
Or is this to make up for PVE’rs lack of skill(not to say PVE’rs lack skill but if they spend all their time farming orr I just find it hard to believe how they could be).

New bunker meta sux

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Shoe.5821

oh come on guys

did you all avoid wvw until you were level 80 and fully exotic’d or something?

I really doubt it. And the advantage a level 80 exotic has over a non-80 is far more extreme than anything ascended weapons will bring to the table.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

oh come on guys

did you all avoid wvw until you were level 80 and fully exotic’d or something?

I really doubt it. And the advantage a level 80 exotic has over a non-80 is far more extreme than anything ascended weapons will bring to the table.

I am not worried about the stats, but the weapon strength. It could mean a 10% increase in damage.

New bunker meta sux

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Shoe.5821

yes – that is a very minor advantage compared to being non-80 and/or non-exotic right now.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

10 whole % is a minor advantage? First question is, why should some people have any advantage?

New bunker meta sux

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Yeah, but there are times for uplevels, and there are times for 80’s. No one wants you to bring an uplevel for reset, or most of the weekend for that matter. My guild really isn’t crazy about bringing uplevels to organized guild stuff whenever it might be. It’s one thing to ride the karma train around EB for leveling during the week (especially now that it gets a jump on WXP grinding), it’s quite another to bring sub-optimal characters when it really matters.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.