Ascended gear from wvw ranks?

in WvW

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

Maybe now with your Overflow WvW map we can have decent rewards in the rank up chests at least on par with Zone boss encounters that take 5 minutes of your time?

How in the world would at least one guaranteed yellow per rank up not be on par with the loot pinatas in the rest of the game? Over population doesn’t sound like it should be an issue anymore, so maybe throw us a bone?

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I know one guy that has gotten several rings and 3 ascended weapon chests (he is like rank 300). I am rank 490, not a single thing. Gotta love RNG

Yeah same here. I got 4 ascended drops in WvW now I think. Im’not even rank 300 if I count all ranks of all my chars. Got one around 15, one 30, one 50 and one at 70 rank. So far not bad if I see other peoples drops :/

in WvW

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Never got an ascended drop in any form. I want a zerker ascended Hammer to drop so bad!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

nearly 800 ranks across all toons, a few asc rings and 1 apothecary weapon box

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Rank 405 and never got anything better than 2 yellows. You would think that turning 400 could somehow increase your chance, but apparently its all random like the lottery.

in WvW

Posted by: Right Toe Of Grenth.4032

Right Toe Of Grenth.4032

Combined rank of 1100~ .. only 1 ascended ring

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Around 1k ranks. 1 ring. But I know someone who got 3 pieces of armor / weapon boxes before reaching rank 300 and countless rings. All depends on luck I guess.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

In this thread, looking at all the people with 900+ ranks who remember how many pieces they’ve got, it’s around 10 or so for 10,000 WvW ranks. It’s not the most accurate sample in the world but it’s a pretty good number to show how rare the stuff is.

Given that 1000~ WvW ranks are far, far slower than ten fractal dailies (you can even choose your ring stats doing that), and the low chance of getting a stat prefix that’s relevant to your class/build, maybe we can look into either improving the droprate, or perhaps granting guaranteed chests every 100 ranks?

Maybe selling ascended for a thousand badges or something? As it is now, WvW players really don’t get ascended stuff at all. Or maybe this is intended?

in WvW

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

i have gotten a ascended warhorn at lvl 499 on my warior along with a ring around lvl 300 and on my ele ive gotten a setinal armour box at like lvl 15 its just random rewards

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

in WvW

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

Over 300 ranks, never have had an ascended drop.

in WvW

Posted by: AntiStoopMode.8942

AntiStoopMode.8942

About 700 rank chests and no ascended items, but from fotm like 10 armor chests… The loot from dead players is okay, but there should be more for the badges.

Arenanet wants gold to be the main (only?) currency in the future. So I guess they want that you get gold + laurels from wvw to craft it on your own :/

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

320 something ranks and not a single ascended piece of equipment.

in WvW

Posted by: vento.7913

vento.7913

One ignorant question: Does Magic Find bonus affects in any way the ascended gear drop and in what circunstances?

On topic: got on my main 1 ascended ring at level 151 (+-) on rank chest (I am currently getting close to level 300) and 1 predefined stat ascended weapon from Tequatl (with stats i have no clue they are suitable to).
Have 2 more characters level 80 never got anything else ascended…

Mad Vento – Norn Warrior – squishy lvl 80
Desolation since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Got 1 ascended ring from my second chest. 800 + chests further… 0 ascended and 2 exos.
On the other hand, got 2 precussors in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Rank ~1130, 2 precursor from kills (not rank up chests) and no ascended chest. Magic find effects the chances of getting higher tier loot so it should effect the drop rate of ascended chest. Still the drop rate is very very low. Also, I thought that ascended chest only drop off of the lord/supervisors or any mob that normally drops ascended mats. With my magic find I get a few exotics weekly.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I receive an ascended wep box (although it was Cavalier stats… who uses that?). Unfortunately I can’t remember if it was from a lord champ bag or a rank as I received both at the same time.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

im rank 566 and got 1 ascended ring so far

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I know one guy that has gotten several rings and 3 ascended weapon chests (he is like rank 300). I am rank 490, not a single thing. Gotta love RNG

Yeah same here. I got 4 ascended drops in WvW now I think. Im’not even rank 300 if I count all ranks of all my chars. Got one around 15, one 30, one 50 and one at 70 rank. So far not bad if I see other peoples drops :/

And another item at rank 41, palawa joko’s fingercuffs. Some of you are really unlucky :/

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You can get them in any of the chests from rank 6 on.

What he failed to add here is that there are an infinite number of numbers beyond 6. Ever see the probability needed for earth to come about as the life sustaining planet that it is, and that the numbers turn out to be improbable given the total amount of time our universe could possibly have existed in? Yeah, the chance of an ascended ring dropping is greater than that.

Then you factor in getting one you actually want…

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

When ever ranks go account bound, between all my characters I’ll be pushing rank 500. 212 on my highest, and have never gotten anything ascended. Rings, or otherwise. Maybe like 4 exotics max, none of which were worth more than 2g.
Although it’s discouraging, I play WvW because I enjoy it, not because I’m hoping for rewards for having fun (even if loot makes it slightly more fun.)

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

489 chests & yet to obtain anything ascended. Lots of rare items and the occasional exotic.

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Got an ascended ring at around rank 30 a long time ago.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Over 900 ranks with all my characters, yellow item is my best loot.

Love this RNG games.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

rank 350 across all my toons…one ascended ring.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

around 1k+ chests 1 ring 1 weapon chest.

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I got a carrion ascended ring. Unfortunately, I don’t play condition builds, so it is just sitting in my bank.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I think I’m at around 650 ranks or so, one ascended ring, nothing else. I have guildies rank ~1k+ who haven’t seen a single ascended drop.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Rank 1100 or so across characters. 3 ascended rings (2 Celestrial) and a Ascended Berserker weapon. Should probably count my lucky stars from previous posts lol.

P.S still no precursor :<

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Devon seems happy. It doesnt matter that the RNG creates an insane disparity concerning when these are dropping, though rare they ARE dropping. So a couple players have seen many multiple drops, while others wouldn’t believe they truly drop to begin with because it simply never happens.

Instead of RNG, why not simply quantify time and effort into reward for avid WvW’rs, just like fractals, and give one assured ascended ring every 10 levels, an ascended weapon every 20 levels, and increase the random chance between all those levels for rare loot across the board.

The OP talked about rewards for PvE’rs after taking down a five minute boss. I’ve had random fights with players that’ve taken longer than five minutes. And there’s no way in hell I’d get by standing stationary spamming my AA one attack with little chance of going down, and every chance of being ressed back up. Where the enemy is capable of killing you, and actively trying. There is no comparison to the risk vs reward presented by PvP in WvW, and PvE. That’s why it’s so ridiculous when the very reasonable request of players, aka customers, are so ignored. And what’s the explanation for this?

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

611 ranks here, no ascended.

I think 1 ascended piece every ~100 ranks should be the norm.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

As we mentioned in Friday’s livestream, the chance for obtaining ascended armor and weapons from WvW rank up chests will be increased in next Tuesday’s update. We’ll also be increasing the chance for all ascended weapon drops from Tequatl. Guild Missions will drop ascended weapons, armor, and trinkets more frequently as well.

Hope you’re having a great weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

How much of an increase? Right now feels like a .00000000000000000000000000000000001% chance a getting a drop, I hope the increase is not as lame as a .00000000000000000000000000000000002% chance. RnG has been brutal to me

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

500+ ranks no ascended, 3 exotics, perhaps two dozen rares.

Its a welcome change that we will have a increased chance of getting ascended drops but how much is the increase?

If its 1 in 10,000 chance of a ascended drop now and you have changed it to 1 in 9,000. Then 99% of us will notice no change whatsoever, ie…still no ascended drops.

It would be better if you had a npc who you could buy them from, the cost could be in badges of honour and raw ascended materials.

So a ascended chest piece would be 10,000 badges of honour and 5,000 Bloodstone Dust or 1,000 Empyreal Fragment or 1,000 Dragonite Ore. Just guessing on those numbers based on how many ascended (junk) materials I have gathering dust in my inventory.

It would also mean you get the stats you want vs a ascended drop now which can have stats you don’t want, so your best option is right click destroy.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How much of an increase? Right now feels like a .00000000000000000000000000000000001% chance a getting a drop, I hope the increase is not as lame as a .00000000000000000000000000000000002% chance. RnG has been brutal to me

Yes just liked when they ‘fixed’ precursor drops. Exactly the same issue, the chance is so miniscule that even doubling does effectively nothing. A token system is the only answer, something they refuse to acknowledge.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

As we mentioned in Friday’s livestream, the chance for obtaining ascended armor and weapons from WvW rank up chests will be increased in next Tuesday’s update. We’ll also be increasing the chance for all ascended weapon drops from Tequatl. Guild Missions will drop ascended weapons, armor, and trinkets more frequently as well.

Hope you’re having a great weekend.

That statement is going to be under scrutiny and will stick in my future posts. I’ll quote that statement and I’ll be very sure to post all future posts as to how amazing your loot table is (No sarcasm is intended, being serious here.).

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Well got One ring so far from 600+ ranks on 2 chars. Countless exotics and rares though.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I want better drops, but I don’t want it to be easier to get ascended in WvW than it is to craft it, and crafting it is not easy. If WvW was easier than crafting to get it, we’d have a lot of ppl in WvW just for farming and not for playing WvW.

That being said, when you craft you can at least choose your stats and type, so a WvW ascended chest with random stats, either a piece of armor or a weapon, every 100 levels or so, would not be a bad idea. To get a full set of armor would be minimum 600 levels and the odds of it being exactly what you want are extremely low, but it would still be far more rewarding than it is currently.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You should give an ascended chest at every 100 ranks instead of placing more faith into randomness. Random does not make a game feel rewarding. It makes no sense when your rank 500 and you have the same rewards than at rank 1.

in WvW

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Ranks 122 + 100 + 45 (on 3 characters) = more than 250 in total
On all those chests, 1 got one exotic. That’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

RANK 205-210 (somewhere between those two, haven’t looked to see lately, on my main. About 5-6 character that are individually anywhere from 10-25) and ZERO ascended items, not even a ring.

Ranks 122 + 100 + 45 (on 3 characters) = more than 250 in total
On all those chests, 1 got one exotic. That’s all.

I think I’ve only gotten 1 exotic as well. Possibly 2.

I’m not expecting much from this “increase”. Every time they’ve said that, I’ve never seen any changes.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

812 wxp levels on ranger. 5 named exotics, no ascended. maybe you could toss an ascended weapon per 250 levels or so?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

400 or so levels, 1 ascended ring, couple exotics, which come to think of it I got those quite some time ago, odd rares and mostly blue greens now….

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

~400 chests, 2 rings, first ring at about 60-th chest, second just recently

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I just think it is sad the rank up process is basically meaningless. I get what they were going for, but when you are in the 400’s on ranks, each rank is pretty meaningless anyhow, and then the loot is bad 95% of the time, so it is hard to get “excited” about the process.

Why not make it harder to rank up, but each rank up has a meaningful reward? A guaranteed rare every level, but make it twice as long to level up? I mean sheesh, compared to guild missions, where I can net a good 10 rares in 30 mins, I don’t see why it would be so ridiculous to see this in wvw.