August 6, 2013 & WvW

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/

hip hip huray. Another big update for WvW.

thx AN.

Any1 is working for WvW in this company? What is doing leader of WvW designer?

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

(edited by LotuS.4378)

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Lol supply mastery???? Are you kidding me… Anet get your head out of your rear. Give us PLAYER VS PLAYER bonuses.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Lol supply mastery???? Are you kidding me… Anet get your head out of your rear. Give us PLAYER VS PLAYER bonuses.

Don’t be ridiculous. That would actually provide the kind of power creep ANet is avoiding.

#TeamJadeQuarry

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Power creep? Good players should be rewarded.. Supply mastery rewards casual idiots who want to build siege more. ZERO progress made towards a player vs player atmosphere.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

This is actually a really nice update for WvW when you look at it. Badges of Honor no longer taking up space? Thank you ANet! (Looks like they’ll all be across the entire account too.) Cleaning up the visuals in WvW? Thanks again! That will help nicely. Give them some credit, these little quality of life changes are nice.

Account Wallet for Currency
Keep all of your currencies in one easy-to-find location! This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account. Upon logging in with each unique character for the first time after the Wallet has gone live, that character will have all of their currencies deposited into the account-wide collection.

Improved Effects Level of Detail System
Effects like fireballs, streaks that trail behind a sword, players’ footsteps, and even the fiery breath of dragons are all part of the beauty of Guild Wars 2. In situations where all of that beauty can start to take away from the visual clarity of the battlefield, this new system will slowly start reducing the detail of each effect in order to increase combat visibility when many effect types are overlapping. When action gets intense in dungeons, PvP, the open world, and WvW, this system will let you see more of the action.

Permanent Finishers
We’re adding support for permanent Finishers! With this release, you’ll be able to sort through your available Finishers and choose the one you’d like to use as a default. Change your mind and change your Finisher! Rank up for rank Finishers, or keep an eye on the Gem Store for a new selection of Finishers. Finishers can be used in both PvP and WvW!

#TeamJadeQuarry

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Power creep? Good players should be rewarded.. Supply mastery rewards casual idiots who want to build siege more. ZERO progress made towards a player vs player atmosphere.

Rewarded by imbalancing players against other players? Sorry… WoW is that way. —-—>

One of the basic premises behind the game is not having that form of required power creep and it’ll be a dark day if they ever cater to the crowd that want it.

#TeamJadeQuarry

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

What? Where is my Flame Ram Mastery?
I want my Flame Ram Mastery.

And will that tower bug be solved? When Anet employee “find” finally.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So basically: “I have played longer so I should be able to kill new players simply because of that”

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

What gaining 2.5k hp by face rolling a few guards isn’t enough power creep already? What about the 100 power and 100 condition damage? How much more of a difference do you want between someone who has the time to farm ranks and someone who doesn’t?

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Am I the only person excited for permanent finishers? =/

[AoN] All or Nothing

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

LotuS.4378

This is actually a really nice update for WvW when you look at it. Badges of Honor no longer taking up space? Thank you ANet! (Looks like they’ll all be across the entire account too.) Cleaning up the visuals in WvW? Thanks again! That will help nicely. Give them some credit, these little quality of life changes are nice.

Keep all of your currencies in one easy-to-find location! This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account. Upon logging in with each unique character for the first time after the Wallet has gone live, that character will have all of their currencies deposited into the account-wide collection.

Effects like fireballs, streaks that trail behind a sword, players’ footsteps, and even the fiery breath of dragons are all part of the beauty of Guild Wars 2. In situations where all of that beauty can start to take away from the visual clarity of the battlefield, this new system will slowly start reducing the detail of each effect in order to increase combat visibility when many effect types are overlapping. When action gets intense in dungeons, PvP, the open world, and WvW, this system will let you see more of the action.

Permanent Finishers
We’re adding support for permanent Finishers! With this release, you’ll be able to sort through your available Finishers and choose the one you’d like to use as a default. Change your mind and change your Finisher! Rank up for rank Finishers, or keep an eye on the Gem Store for a new selection of Finishers. Finishers can be used in both PvP and WvW!

1. After all those months, to be honest no1 care anymore about this.
2. Less FPS.
3. Also, for roaming parties, duels 1v1.

[INC] Incendies

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zinthros.6589

Zinthros.6589

RNG on supply spent is terrible, but pick-up speed is appreciated since it gives dedicated World vs World players resource priority over new players, up-leveled alts, etc.

Varamyr Langkron / Kirk Vandergrift
Commander on Tarnished Coast [RE]
Greatsword Ranger before it was cool

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Permanent Finishers

2. Less FPS.

People with thousands and thousands of badges care. People that play alts, go to buy supply traps or the like and realize those badges are on other characters care. I care. (But that’s because I’m a caring person all around.)

2 & 3 agree, nice little quality of life thingies.

#TeamJadeQuarry

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

yay……. more mastery crap…… because if there’s anything that’s really made WvW fun, it’s all the WXP farming zergs running laps around the maps…… yay…… /wrists

seriously, what WvW actually NEEDS has been spelled out here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Suggestion-Diversity-with-Commander-Tags/first#post2511435

and instead we get more crap for a system that has only damaged WvW as a whole since its creation…….. and that’s ALL we get, and it’s ALL we’ve gotten since they came up with it, and it shows just how little they actually care about WvW as a whole.

to quote michel therrien, “they pretend to care, but i know they don’t care” they prove it with every single LS patch. they honestly have got to think that their playerbase are absolute morons if they keep trying to fool us at this point.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

You guys are funny. Guess what there should be a learning curve, and players who have learned not to keyboard turn, spam 2 buttons instead of viewing the scenario and knowing what key is best for that situation, should be rewarded for playing smarter. I didn’t play wow cuz that was carebear as well just not as bad as this. Literally for hardcore players other than kills, there is ZERO reward. The end game is purely what skilled players kill…. We should be able to rank up and make our characters more efficient in player vs player skill…. NONE of us use seige. I will till the day I quit spam AC’s down on Zerg seige. Stop relying on seige to kill… Use your characters abilities….

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

No new maps?

[Agg] ression

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Zinthros.6589

You guys are funny. Guess what there should be a learning curve, and players who have learned not to keyboard turn, spam 2 buttons instead of viewing the scenario and knowing what key is best for that situation, should be rewarded for playing smarter. I didn’t play wow cuz that was carebear as well just not as bad as this. Literally for hardcore players other than kills, there is ZERO reward. The end game is purely what skilled players kill…. We should be able to rank up and make our characters more efficient in player vs player skill…. NONE of us use seige. I will till the day I quit spam AC’s down on Zerg seige. Stop relying on seige to kill… Use your characters abilities….

How about no.

Only trash MMOs reward experienced players with innate power. You shouldn’t need World Rank bonus stats to kill new / casual players. You’re supposed to improve your skill level with time, giving the advantage of being a more experienced player.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

How about no.

Only trash MMOs reward experienced players with innate power. You shouldn’t need World Rank bonus stats to kill new / casual players. You’re supposed to improve your skill level with time, giving the advantage of being a more experienced player.

Yea Daoc was trash and had a 250k+ population for over 6-7 years…. All paying 15 bucks
A month and the BEST end game of all time for player vs player…. You’re right buddy. Think this game will have 250k players for 6-7 years? Not a kittening chance. Guess what? Zero end game, oh wait, I can hop on a mindless ac and spam 2 buttons for an hour of my RL time…. Lol and carry and pick up more supply…. Useless dude.

There is zero end game ranking system in this game.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Zinthros.6589

Yeah. Let’s not turn GW2 into trash where you get to win for free if you’ve got 40 hours on someone.

Some of us are secure in our abilities as PVPers, and aren’t afraid of getting killed by up-leveled noobs (which are basically ambient creatures anyway …) and looking bad on the internet. I think if an up-level killed a progression kitten like you you would actually start crying at the keyboard. AC nerf is coming, don’t worry so much.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Am I the only person excited for permanent finishers? =/

Who finishes people in WvW…. It’s called “stack on this downed guy and heal me before we push back in.. oh kill this guy while we are here…”

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

How about no.

Yea Daoc was trash and had a 250k+ population for over 6-7 years…. All paying 15 bucks
A month and the BEST end game of all time for player vs player…. You’re right buddy. Think this game will have 250k players for 6-7 years? Not a kittening chance. Guess what? Zero end game, oh wait, I can hop on a mindless ac and spam 2 buttons for an hour of my RL time…. Lol and carry and pick up more supply…. Useless dude.

If it gave bonuses to make players better against other players, then yeah, it was a trash MMO. Guild Wars had the best PvP of the MMOs I played and it didn’t reward you with stacking your stats against newbies.

I wanna compete on my merits not coast on things I did a year ago.

Gate of Madness

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Then well agree to disagree because if I’m not gaining a single useful thing, it naturally becomes stale. Wvw is stale.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

How about no.

Maybe go back and look at some of the facts from that era, First, there were no “free to play” options when DAOC was out so every game charged 15 bucks a month, so that is no argument. Credit DAOC with one thing, they were the only company honest enough to post populations, and after the first year they had no where close to 250k subscribers but without being mythic employee, there is no way to confirm

The best argument I love from “skilled players” is that they need to be rewarded more, so they can increase the skill gap and therefore need less skill to win. You want to prove how skilled and uber you are, you should have decrease as you go up in rank, show us how skilled you really are

This games WvW is more about participation then it is about stroking the ego of the 80+ hour a week skilled players. I think they have done a good job with world xp allowing the ego of rank titles without giving abilities that basically stop any new player from joining in

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

This is a kitten joke right? Late April fools joke?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Nice additions of wallet and effects scaling BUT those are not really “thought out for wvw” even if they will affect it.

The only “WvW” update is the usual WXP perk.
Great stuff.
Really what WvW needs.
Yeah.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Buddy, I play 2-3 hours a night and work
15 hours a day. Do the math…. 80 hours I think not. This game has like 20 keys that can be pressed in a given fight… Most people use 5-6 total… That’s embarrassing. The skill level is probably the least of any (massive) mmo that’s come out…. It is so fricken easy to play…. And anyone that hears people saying make it harder just cry as cry they want it more casual.

And if I’m so wrong, why are there endless threads about people dissatisfied with these stupid non-player vs player effecting updates? Answer that question please.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

I logged in specially to reply to your post. Aren’t you special…

Good players should NOT be rewarded. What is the logic behind that? Define ‘good’ in WvW. ‘Casual idiots’ make up a lot of the playerbase of WvW and as such are the army giving YOU content. If you start giving bonuses to people and excluding others, well, you can see where that will go.

What is this I don’t even

edit: The major upcoming change to RvR in GW2 and how it will play out in the long term will be implementing Orbs once again; how it is done and it’s effect on the meta.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Shh, give them 2 more months to work on it and call it the next BIG WvW update ^^

Then, next year, when all siege types are finally covered we will get..

January
Advanced Catapult Mastery line! + 1% to all bonuses of the basic line
March
Advanced Trebuchet Mastery line! + 1% to all bonuses of the basic line
June
Advanced Arrow Cart Mastery line! + 1% to all bonuses of the basic line

There, year 2014 covered!

Year 2015:

The advanced and basic lines are merged for each siege.

January
Veteran Catapult Mastery line! Skills same as base line. Last skill offers +2% to all bonuses of the basic line + 0.1% for each 25 points invested into the skill. Capped at 5%.

March
Veteran Trebuchet Mastery line! See above.
June
Veteran Arrow Cart Mastery line! See above.

That’s 2 years of hard work covered for the WvW team Question, whats the pay and how can I join the ride?

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

LotuS.4378

More PvE crap? Really?? I am getting tired of WvW being ignored in this game. This game is starting to become stale.

It’s more like this. Since culing update, there’s no any “good” update for WvW. I mean WXP and other things like that are small update that dosent require much work from player, and basiclly doing nothing more, that even enemy wont see your title on zerg/blob or anything.

We already know that we will not get GvG system/map since AN is afraid that it will “destroy” thier e-delusion sport tpvp. But for every 2 weeks, or every month we will get some crapy skills that bascilly no1 using? Since they buffed a little Guard killer/def some ppl start to using it, but others skills are completly usless. Im just wondering what excatly doing our lovely WvW designer. If this is all what AN have to present to WvW, imo this is over. Prolly next new games, will make borders empty.

This is ridiculous, how much PvE kittened content AN doing, that no1 who is playing WvW active not doing this. Im border of this WvW after all those months.

Imo they should delete WvW from this game. No point to play it.

[INC] Incendies

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Yes.. but the currency change and visual update have not been done for WvW in the first place. It’s game wide so the WvW team had pretty much nothing to do with it.

The only thing specific for WvW is the new boring mastery. Yey..

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Zinthros.6589

Buddy, I play 2-3 hours a night and work
15 hours a day. Do the math…. 80 hours I think not. This game has like 20 keys that can be pressed in a given fight… Most people use 5-6 total… That’s embarrassing. The skill level is probably the least of any (massive) mmo that’s come out…. It is so fricken easy to play…. And anyone that hears people saying make it harder just cry as cry they want it more casual.

And if I’m so wrong, why are there endless threads about people dissatisfied with these stupid non-player vs player effecting updates? Answer that question please.

People who have no taste. There’s actually a lot of them, mostly came over from WoW and other trashy MMOs which make their money by coddling people who don’t have lives by letting them finally be good at something without having to try because they have 80+ hours a week to grind.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Shh, give them 2 more months to work on it and call it the next BIG WvW update ^^

January
March
June

Year 2015:

January
Veteran Catapult Mastery line! Skills same as base line. Last skill offers +2% to all bonuses of the basic line + 0.1% for each 25 points invested into the skill. Capped at 5%.

March
June

That’s 2 years of hard work covered for the WvW team Question, whats the pay and how can I join the ride?

Lol thank god someone else gets it. That guy said casual idiots make up most of wvw….
No, casual idiots makes up 99% of wvw population. Anet literally dumbs this game down because they want to keep the 8 year olds asking for mommy and daddy’s cc for the new cool “dragon helms” lol…. How about change player vs player content… End game besides mastery siege pointless updates.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Permanent Finishers

2. Less FPS.

Perhaps I’m reading it wrong but doesnt 2. Improved Effects Level of Detail System mean you’re going to get better FPS and less lag? Especially in big WvW fights with lots of particle effects going off everywhere?

I mean that would be awesome! And what everyone was asking for.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Zinthros.6589

January
March
June

Year 2015:

January

March
June

Lol thank god someone else gets it. That guy said casual idiots make up most of wvw….
No, casual idiots makes up 99% of wvw population. Anet literally dumbs this game down because they want to keep the 8 year olds asking for mommy and daddy’s cc for the new cool “dragon helms” lol…. How about change player vs player content… End game besides mastery siege pointless updates.

Sure, which is why my guild can nearly queue up a map on their own with everybody in voice and tightly coordinated, with a small, dedicated supply camp management group to help out the main force. That’s totally 99% worthless pubbies. Maybe you should transfer to a real server

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Permanent Finishers

2. Less FPS.

Perhaps I’m reading it wrong but doesnt 2. Improved Effects Level of Detail System mean you’re going to get better FPS and less lag? Especially in big WvW fights with lots of particle effects going off everywhere?

I mean that would be awesome! And what everyone was asking for.

One can only hope…

I’ve had my settings to lowest for weeks because it just got to the point where I couldn’t stand it anymore.

“oh look I killed a bunch of pixelated people. Go me!”

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

More PvE crap? Really?? I am getting tired of WvW being ignored in this game. This game is starting to become stale.

It’s more like this. Since culing update, there’s no any “good” update for WvW. I mean WXP and other things like that are small update that dosent require much work from player, and basiclly doing nothing more, that even enemy wont see your title on zerg/blob or anything.

We already know that we will not get GvG system/map since AN is afraid that it will “destroy” thier e-delusion sport tpvp. But for every 2 weeks, or every month we will get some crapy skills that bascilly no1 using? Since they buffed a little Guard killer/def some ppl start to using it, but others skills are completly usless. Im just wondering what excatly doing our lovely WvW designer. If this is all what AN have to present to WvW, imo this is over. Prolly next new games, will make borders empty.

This is ridiculous, how much PvE kittened content AN doing, that no1 who is playing WvW active not doing this. Im border of this WvW after all those months.

Well said. Every update to WvW is taking the game mode in the wrong direction. WvW is a chance to fight against players using my own equipment.

I’d even be happy if they just opened a new game mode that was an open field where people could GvG or solo queue into deathmatch type action.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Well said. Every update to WvW is taking the game mode in the wrong direction. WvW is a chance to fight against players using my own equipment.

I’d even be happy if they just opened a new game mode that was an open field where people could GvG or solo queue into deathmatch type action.

Amen brother. Give us an open field arena or map. Love it to be an entire
Map with just camps/ zero doors / zero objectives
Or random kitten…. Encourage player vs player deathwatch fighting…

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

No grub mastery? =/

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I care about this…..

Currency takes up a ton of bank space

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

I care about this…..

Currency takes up a ton of bank space

I have 1 full bank tab just for badges… this is a good thing, but sadly it wasn’t purely designed for WvW, just spillover from PvE updates.

I’m really dying for a new map, I hope the 1 yr mark brings us something good.

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

How about no.

Maybe go back and look at some of the facts from that era, First, there were no “free to play” options when DAOC was out so every game charged 15 bucks a month, so that is no argument. Credit DAOC with one thing, they were the only company honest enough to post populations, and after the first year they had no where close to 250k subscribers but without being mythic employee, there is no way to confirm

The best argument I love from “skilled players” is that they need to be rewarded more, so they can increase the skill gap and therefore need less skill to win. You want to prove how skilled and uber you are, you should have decrease as you go up in rank, show us how skilled you really are

This games WvW is more about participation then it is about stroking the ego of the 80+ hour a week skilled players. I think they have done a good job with world xp allowing the ego of rank titles without giving abilities that basically stop any new player from joining in

Ehh, DAOC gave Rank, and Rank gave you more abilities/stats ect ect.

Most fights came more down to class and setup then anything, but even then, if you were really skilled you could stomp over high rank players, and that was something to be proud of.

People who talk about Ranks should not reward players are scared of losing, and they’re usually the first ones to blame Rank and other things when they do lose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

How about no.

Most fights came more down to class and setup then anything, but even then, if you were really skilled you could stomp over high rank players, and that was something to be proud of.

People who talk about Ranks should not reward players are scared of losing, and they’re usually the first ones to blame Rank and other things when they do lose.

What I was really trying to get at, is this games WvW is more participation oriented then hard core PvP oriented. By not allowing the advantages that rank gave in DAOC they get more participation from a wider player base then other games. Not saying it is right or wrong since that is personal preference kind of thing. I think you can agree (if you played daoc) that a RR13, perfect set up group would stomp anything in its path without even slowing down except an equal group. Personally I hope they never add power creep to WvW rewards

What I don’t understand is why people want the power gap to widen. Right now skilled player groups can and do stomp other groups including much larger numbers based on skill, timing, group set up etc. So why do we need to make it easier? If it is truly about skill, don’t you want to be on an even playing field?

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

How about no.

Couldn’t agree more. Like I said, anyone who crys about making the game harder just wants ez mode and is afraid of getting their kitten handed to them.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

How about no.

Couldn’t agree more. Like I said, anyone who crys about making the game harder just wants ez mode and is afraid of getting their kitten handed to them.

And yet you’re here crying about making the game easier for people who’ve been here longer instead of “harder” or leaving the real power effect in the hands of a players skill. I find irony in this.

#TeamJadeQuarry

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

How about no.

What I was really trying to get at, is this games WvW is more participation oriented then hard core PvP oriented. By not allowing the advantages that rank gave in DAOC they get more participation from a wider player base then other games. Not saying it is right or wrong since that is personal preference kind of thing. I think you can agree (if you played daoc) that a RR13, perfect set up group would stomp anything in its path without even slowing down except an equal group. Personally I hope they never add power creep to WvW rewards

What I don’t understand is why people want the power gap to widen. Right now skilled player groups can and do stomp other groups including much larger numbers based on skill, timing, group set up etc. So why do we need to make it easier? If it is truly about skill, don’t you want to be on an even playing field?

So this part is missed often, is equal opportunity. If I can get 2%+ resistance to mesmer attacks or 2% toughness bonus to thieves burst…. So can anyone else. It allows for a purpose to kill players…. It allows for purpose for Zergers
To want to fight people instead of fight npcs and capture points…. It’s more than just “power creep”, especially since anyone can level up their characters and get the same bonuses… It allows for another realm of your own development to build. Otherwise it is just boring as hell.

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I love the idea of an account wallet. I wonder if we’ll be limited to one stack. I’m at 3k+ badges in the bank and I’m tempted to buy a bank tab just for badges.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Jscull.2514

How about no.

And yet you’re here crying about making the game easier for people who’ve been here longer instead of “harder” or leaving the real power effect in the hands of a players skill. I find irony in this.

If designed right, you would have the same opportunity as I do. How is that unfair?

PAXA -GM

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

No one else getting worried by the introduction of culling for skill effects?

I strongly hope I won’t start dying for unknown reasons…

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

If designed right, you would have the same opportunity as I do. How is that unfair? [/quote]

Obviously for people either on fresh 80 alts or newer players trying WvW out for the first time or three it becomes unfair. You’re crying for an advantage over these players instead of relying on your own ability and knowledge of your profession to beat them fairly. If I get beat by someone with “Private” or the like by their nameplate I’m simply going to respawn and have at it again. I’m not going to go to the forums demanding more power to counter someone that beat me fairly.

#TeamJadeQuarry

August 6, 2013 & WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Zomg its everything ive always wanted well most things. I would still like to see exploding food trap and trap mastery.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)