Badges for Tomes of Knowledge?

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Cmon Anet, Tis a simple task to add them to a vendor somewhere, The community wants it! THE THREAD SHALL NOT DIE

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Well since youre the only red that responded to badges for tomes we better get crackin again. Gonna have to be 8+ pages now before another one decides to read it

o. m. g.

we has work to do guise, allies gone. now the devs dont know about the thread. and its on page 2!!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

bump bump bump bump bump

Hi

in WvW

Posted by: Babacloanta.7640

Babacloanta.7640

Would be really awesome to be able to exchange badges for tomes of knowledge but not under the current karma train system.

So many people/commanders don’t defend anything because it’s more profitable to let enemies cap and then take it back.

WvW is now pretty much about ignoring enemies and capping empty structures, badges for tomes would just add to this.

True and look at Edge, so many badges there without fighting enemies.

MEHMER – Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Member of [DEEP]

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

let’s make sure this stays on the front page

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Maybe for badges and skill points. I think my first character has a couple of hundred skill points to spare.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I swear to god if it would be Laurel + Badges again (which means Laurels is the only thing you basicly need for it) I’m going to punch a basket of puppies

Agree. Once you have another 80 you need a lot of laurels to gear them up, you don’t want to have spent them all getting there.

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I’ve been playing since headstart, since betas even but they don’t count. Avid WvWer and got my 4th level 80 about a month back. Seriously we need this; furthermore crafting, an incredibly boring and irksome task that has nevertheless been involved in every single one of my 80’s levelling, has been nerfed. Hence 0-400 only gives 7 levels now and still costs the same if not more than previously, and you have to spend about 100g and many days more to get the full 10 levels as that’s what 0-500 is now, and mats are time gates unless you want to buy it all. Hence I’m adding 7s together and the few tomes of knowledge I could get from some early game sPvPing and a couple achieving chests to get to 80 on my warrior.

Deliver levels unto us ANet, you know you want to! I could be complaining about damage being nerfed and condi staying the same, or the state of condi in general, but I’m not, I’m appealing to you here. I could make some kind of statement about not being able to get on in the game playing the game mode that I want to, WvW, and am forced to do other stuff, but I won’t. Not just because I’m lazy or anything.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

Badges →Tomes of knowledge is very much needed, Anet please deliver.

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

Can we have badges for <80 Transmutation Stones?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i understand if they refuse to implement this.

when you do spvp, you make no progression in pve exp directly. therefore they rewarded pvp player with glory that you can use to purchase Tome of Knowledge (ToK).

when people play WvW, they at the same time get progression in pve exp whenever they cap objectives. therefore ANET reckon there is no need to double reward the players progression by making ToK available through BoH vendor.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

Can we have badges for <80 Transmutation Stones?

those will not exist next week…

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Being alone on a map should not stop game progression but it does.

only if you refuse to solo camps… (which, admittedly, most roamers wont threaten a map. easiest way to find fights is to tell people where you are.)

And how is a solo player supposed to solo a guarded camp?

Solo… as in alone against not many.

Geeze, what about this do many of you not get?

Alone means alone – 1v1 – 1v2 maybe even 1v3 for some really good players could win a camp (and more I’ve seen a few) but most players will not be able to solo camps that are well guarded not only with NPCs, but real live people.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

Being alone on a map should not stop game progression but it does.

only if you refuse to solo camps… (which, admittedly, most roamers wont threaten a map. easiest way to find fights is to tell people where you are.)

And how is a solo player supposed to solo a guarded camp?

Solo… as in alone against not many.

Geeze, what about this do many of you not get?

Alone means alone – 1v1 – 1v2 maybe even 1v3 for some really good players could win a camp (and more I’ve seen a few) but most players will not be able to solo camps that are well guarded not only with NPCs, but real live people.

if you find a camp is guarded, bait the person out of it or try a different one. you either get the fights youre looking for, or you get the karma youre looking for. he cant be everywhere and you get to make the first move.

ive catapulted a wall down while a guardian defended solo. he died about 2x before the wall came down, and then i tried to bait him by engaging the lord (he was zerg build). it went on for like 15 mins before he finally got his reinforcements and pushed me off. unfortunately my friendly neighborhood commander didnt show his zerg in all that time so i couldnt grab the tower.

its a lot easier to gauge when the time to get out is against low dps people like that, but as long as you know when to disengage youll see its easy to find fights that present a challenge. even when youre alone on a map.

but make sure youve got a roaming build and none of that pvt crap you need for zerging.

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

i understand if they refuse to implement this.

when you do spvp, you make no progression in pve exp directly. therefore they rewarded pvp player with glory that you can use to purchase Tome of Knowledge (ToK).

when people play WvW, they at the same time get progression in pve exp whenever they cap objectives. therefore ANET reckon there is no need to double reward the players progression by making ToK available through BoH vendor.

And what about the tome gotten during scarlet in lion’s arch?
Zerging for one hour gave players one level, then loots allowed to buy a level (meaning every 50 minutes in LA was worth one level).

The fact it is possible to level-up shouldn’t mean badges for levels are a bad idea.

Uplevels are bad for the team. Their DPS is low, their survivability too. An organised 15 men group would wipe a 40 men uplevels zerg without breaking a sweat.

We ask for better way to level-up without being a liability for our team and without having to play game modes we don’t like.

I don’t think it is unreasonable.

in WvW

Posted by: DonEllz.6312

DonEllz.6312

It might actually stop upscales from coming to wvw rallybotting everything if they know they can come on there level 80s and buy tomes.. Implement this NOAAWWWW

Its Not Apho – Necromancer – Callous Philosophy [LaG] – Anguîsh [Ash]

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

It might actually stop upscales from coming to wvw rallybotting everything if they know they can come on there level 80s and buy tomes.. Implement this NOAAWWWW

Oh, gosh, yes! I try to use my upscale only when our server is already dominating at that current moment. But it would be great to not even worry about it.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Brashen.2671

Brashen.2671

I only have 4 levels left on my last level 80 and I still feel this is needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Either tomes for badges or better loot on lower lvls because it’s more profitable to farm with 80th lvl and buy tomes.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

remove normal xp from wvw, add tome and scroll of knowledge vendor for badge. problem solved

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Elrond.9486

Elrond.9486

Oh man this would be awesome.

Zeus Thorsson – Guardian
Silver Moon [MOON]
The Toast

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

builds barricades

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

bump bump bump

bump

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

LIVE GOD kitten IT! LIVE!

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

bump bump bump

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Logicx.5832

Logicx.5832

Great idea.
I grew tired of PvE and have levelled 4-5 alts in WvW only so far (I was lucky to be on a server that didn’t care too much for upscales). But it sure as hell isn’t any fun, getting ran over constantly and being more of a pain than any help. It gets demotivating but I for one didn’t care.

This badge → tome system would make it easier for WvW’ers to get up to speed and aid their server ASAP (with a new character). Account bound WxP and this would make me create more classes since it’s easy to level up + well shared WxP (because atm I’m mostly playing my highest WvW ranked char while the rest is just rotting there). But that’s just my view on it.

Overall it’d make life on the battleground a tad easier!

Zwartwerk – Human Mesmer
Gandara [EU] – Old & returning player

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

This would make the game a lot more fun for me and all those who don’t really enjoy PvE that much.
I don’t think it would make the game less fun for anyone else as it won’t really siphon players from PvE or create Ghostyards (you can level easily on your own).
I suspect it would result in greater gem purchases (as you really don’t purchase gems while leveling up a character I find).

How is this not a win-win-win scenario?

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Really hoping to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow an have this added, but I’m not gonna hold onto that idea too much— if it does pop in tomorrow I’ll be buying a character slot ;p

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

remove normal xp from wvw, add tome and scroll of knowledge vendor for badge. problem solved

And how should we get the skill points needed to craft superior siege?

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Dropping a warbanner on this thread.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

+1 would be amazing..

[GAMW]

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

+1 would love to see this happen. I too cant stand lvling. I end up using tons of gold to craft my ways to lvl 80.. its expensive

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

sPvP players don’t get experience by playing in it. In WvW, players gain experience from events and killing things.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, just pointing out that the two don’t really compare.

Surely now that SPvP players get Tomes of Knowledge passively via the added reward tracks this issue can be reconsidered.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Battle standard. Revive that lord!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I’ll try something different but still used on occasion, Signet res! Gogo Guardian, saves objectives oftentimes via Signet even if unwieldy compared to a banner.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

This idea and no hard rez unless out of battle. Lets see this done 2014.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

And how should we get the skill points needed to craft superior siege?

through the scrolls. they give a level, which adds a skill point.

I think that really is the optimal solution. In fact, I’d like to extend it to gold as well. 100 badges would equal 1 gold, as per the prices from the siege vendor. I don’t know how well it would go over, but I think it would be better than seeing people use WvW like an queensdale champ train.

in WvW

Posted by: argox.7601

argox.7601

+1 great idea!!

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

WvW is not allowed to have nice things. That’s why we’re the red-headed gametype which has no access to dungeon skins.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2950

Achilles.2950

This needs to happen. Sat on around 20k badges right now, would be a great update.

Markrox – Guild Leader for Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

Logged in just to +1 this! I love the idea, and since EotM I have been playing more WvW (also map completion) and having a way to get more levels would be sweet since even as a mostly PvE and sPvP player, i have gotten around 2.5k badges with very little effort. Bought Gift of Battle just for the lulz even though I wont be going after a legendary anytime soon.

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

+1 Make it happen asap

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

With the new trait changes, we need this more than ever in WvW.

Being an up-level just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

WvW is not allowed to have nice things. That’s why we’re the red-headed gametype which has no access to dungeon skins.

No kidding.

I thought pvp was going downhill when the gave us a map that makes many players sick to their stomachs….

But WvW never, ever gets the fixes and gearing that PvE’ers have easy access to.

I don’t PvE any longer. It’s not fun without people I have a chance to know well.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: ThreeHitDown.2169

ThreeHitDown.2169

YES!Hell yeah!Please make this happen!

in WvW

Posted by: LMSDarkX.7931

LMSDarkX.7931

absolutely, this needs to be done. ArenaNet make this happen!

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m glad to see that this is still on the first page cause it is a fabulous idea. Going to hit 250 responses soon, I wonder how high it will have to get before another red coat appears.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Count me in too. +1000

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Give me tomes for badges or give me death!

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarok.4586

Ragnarok.4586

Also.. WvW salvage kits, which remove Sigils/Runes from WvW purchased gear (which can not be salvaged or even transmuted with the new wardrobe system), should be implemented. These kits could be purchased with Badges of Honor, creating a potential spending sink for excess badges.

Mekanos – Engineer | Alradian – Warrior
[FcTR] on Maguuma