Badges for Tomes of Knowledge?

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

this seems to have found its way off the front page, let me fix that

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Also.. WvW salvage kits, which remove Sigils/Runes from WvW purchased gear (which can not be salvaged or even transmuted with the new wardrobe system), should be implemented. These kits could be purchased with Badges of Honor, creating a potential spending sink for excess badges.

This may well deserve its own thread.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

yes and yes! (and another yes so that my message is not too short)

in WvW

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

sPvP players don’t get experience by playing in it. In WvW, players gain experience from events and killing things.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, just pointing out that the two don’t really compare.

Players also got experience for the LA events. And much more of it than they would have gotten if they’d spent that time playing WvW. And yet, they could still buy tomes.

Fair enough! That is a better comparison, although the LA content was not permanent content.

THEY LIVE!!!
So Devs DO actually read these forums! yey hope is not lost.

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Also.. WvW salvage kits, which remove Sigils/Runes from WvW purchased gear (which can not be salvaged or even transmuted with the new wardrobe system), should be implemented. These kits could be purchased with Badges of Honor, creating a potential spending sink for excess badges.

This may well deserve its own thread.

Amen!

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

sPvP players don’t get experience by playing in it. In WvW, players gain experience from events and killing things.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, just pointing out that the two don’t really compare.

Players also got experience for the LA events. And much more of it than they would have gotten if they’d spent that time playing WvW. And yet, they could still buy tomes.

Fair enough! That is a better comparison, although the LA content was not permanent content.

THEY LIVE!!!
So Devs DO actually read these forums! yey hope is not lost.

Eh well, I wouldn’t go hoping just yet – Allie posted here a few weeks ago, and has since left the ArenaNet team.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Please. Give. It.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

We need it. Badly.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Bump

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

25k badge need some spending!
Yes, please o.o

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

How did this leave front page…?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Logicx.5832

Logicx.5832

Well, people need to argue the need of Badges for Tomes more!

We need this!

Zwartwerk – Human Mesmer
Gandara [EU] – Old & returning player

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

bump
bump
bump
bump

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

this is still on the front page?

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Is it even possible to get them anymore, bring back the MotherKitten GodKitten Tomes of Kitten Knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not buy this “PvP” game to grind it out like some stupid PvE nitwit, and I would play SPvP more often if it was actually worth playing. Which it definately isn’t unless I can get more Kitten Tomes of Knowledge. Kitten this Kitten PvE leveling Kitten. You can eat my Kitten if you don’t like my Kitten language too, ArenaNet/NCSoft/Kitten Lovers. >.<

Attachments:

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

this is still on the front page?

Yes it is, a lot of people want this.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

25k badge need some spending!
Yes, please o.o

buy seige and send it to your commander dood, and upgrade them with skill points.

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

i want this so badly omg, im currently having to do pvp to level my alts, i hate the traditional method sorry :C (its boring after the first 4 times) +1000 from me

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Bump for a great idea, also addressing the WvW gear salvaging (even if only to get runes/sigil) is a great second topic as well.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

Bump for a great idea, also addressing the WvW gear salvaging (even if only to get runes/sigil) is a great second topic as well.

They are not going to fix the salvaging issue. As i submitted a trouble ticket it for the day that wardrobe came out. They responded with: It is working as intended. unfortunately you will need to be the transmutation splitter to get the runes/sigils off those types of armor.

AKA, they want you to spend more needless money at the gem store, but no one is going to do that in their right mind, as it’s so expensive and would only prove worth it when trying to get a generosity sigil out of something.

in WvW

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

Bump for keeping this alive

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Still want this.

in WvW

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

It seems like this needs sum bumpin
Bumpity bump bump

in WvW

Posted by: Murashin.8295

Murashin.8295

+1
Badges for Tome of Knowledge. Not for leveling up faster my alts, but maybe in this way we would see less upleveled in WvW >__> They ruin almost every zerg fight…

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Bump for keeping this alive

You don’t have to. You can necro it after it’s dead. Works too. It has the same result.

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

in WvW

Posted by: Dane Claibourne.1379

Dane Claibourne.1379

Yes .. to being able to purchase Tomes. Just don’t make it a ridiculously high price.

in WvW

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Oh, my twinks all get their birthday present while still being level 20 but I doubt I can ever use them because leveling is soo boring and I hate twinks in WvW. They are ruining every fight. WvW is also a place for PvP. So stop the leveling in WvW and give us some tomes!! Please.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in WvW

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8601

ThePainTrain.8601

Oh, my twinks all get their birthday present … I hate twinks in WvW…

This word..you keep using it, but i’m not sure you know what it means =S

Back on topic though, i love this idea.. +1000000 I WANT

in WvW

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Oh, my twinks all get their birthday present … I hate twinks in WvW…

This word..you keep using it, but i’m not sure you know what it means =S

Back on topic though, i love this idea.. +1000000 I WANT

Ok, I got to know this word in a different context.
Well, I am not a native english speaker, so I didn’t know the real life meaning.
But this word is standart for low-level chars in mmorpgs.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

How about 1k badges for an ascended weapon?

in WvW

Posted by: SteamPug.7682

SteamPug.7682

Bump? this seriously needs to be put in. I HATE Pve leveling, it’s terribly boring…

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

Bump? this seriously needs to be put in. I HATE Pve leveling, it’s terribly boring…

I would be happy if they would just add in an option to make a character start at level 80 if you already have one. Sure it defeats the purpose of the rpg aspect of the game to an extent, but it is OPTIONAL… and you would still have to build and gear the character anyways.

EDIT: Also, yes, PvE leveling several characters just to use in WvW is a horrible experience.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

people are getting off track :C i dont think the OP wants it there to skip the levelling process, its just that when you have a Hardcore WvW guild (which are needed to win tourne’s) your guild wont allow you any time to go and level an alt, at least this way (even if its 3000-5000 badges per level) people will still be able to level alts without sacrafices PPT in WvW ^^ upscales harm your server which is silly because anet promised that anyone can play WvW and we know thats not true, the scaling is bad

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in WvW

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

“(even if its 3000-5000 badges per level)” Take a 0 off those numbers and you’re still a little high.

I think this is a great idea, but note that we get badges of honor in achievement boxes. Suddenly every achievement box now means a level or two… which may not be a terrible thing? :P

in WvW

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

What ? This topics felt to the 2nd page ? NO WAY!
Time to bump it up!

But if you ever implement this, nerf badge reward in EotM

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

A lot of games claim that the game begins at the top level when in realty there is nothing to do once there. Except here, level 80 is truly a beginning. That said, yes WvW and PvP players should be able to exchange tokens/currency for PvE levels. I know there was an issue with people using the books to insta-heal while in combat but the change to allow you to only trigger them in PvE resolved that so….why not put them back out there. Once people are 80 they still have a ton of things to do to gear out so if they rushed it, its their own risk.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

(edited by TheGrimm.5624)

in WvW

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

Another vote for this.
I have 9 characters fully geared and all, i tried getting my 10th up yesterday and i just couldnt do it.

I used the scroll to start from lvl 20 but i still simply cannot be as much an asset as with my other 9 characters.
Not to mention that exp on kill food is useless cause you barely tag half of the people you engage in combat.

Its very slow and tiresome anyway you slice it, and considering other game modes have it i see no reason to deny us the same. I truly hope to see it as soon as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

bump bump bump bump bump don’t let the thread die

in WvW

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Don’t sneak away from the main page!

Professional noob guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Real Fact #842 – Vanilla is used to make Chocolate.

Don’t let this roll over to the next page!!!!!!!

Attachments:

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Logicx.5832

Logicx.5832

You know what the problem is?
Us coming up with better ideas than they ever could.
They just ignore it, wait for us to forget it to later implement it claiming it was their idea!

I’m onto you Anet!

No seriously, do it.
The fact that a lot of people still level their upscales in WvW instead of PvE shows that it’s become REALLY tiresome. And it’s not as if levelling from scratch to 80 in WvW is any fun for both the upscaled player AND the zerg.

Zwartwerk – Human Mesmer
Gandara [EU] – Old & returning player

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

And by all that is holy, make it a reasonable cost. I know there are people sitting on many thousands of badges, does not mean everyone does.

in WvW

Posted by: AsaPrime.2179

AsaPrime.2179

+1 great idea.
….15 chars….

in WvW

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

What the OP says ?

Reward for WvW token!

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Make it happen
15char

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I would be happy if they would just add in an option to make a character start at level 80 if you already have one. Sure it defeats the purpose of the rpg aspect of the game to an extent, but it is OPTIONAL… and you would still have to build and gear the character anyways.

As much as I completely agree with this, and I gave you a +1 for it, for some unknown reason a lot of players don’t want us to have options. It’s odd but true.

As to gaining ToK’s with badges, I’m all for that idea. Though I doubt it will happen as we already gain experience in WvW, so we can level that way. Despite the fact that you are virtually useless until you get to the last few levels and have decent gear.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Regnum.7102

Regnum.7102

Please.

10char

in WvW

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

As much as I completely agree with this, and I gave you a +1 for it, for some unknown reason a lot of players don’t want us to have options. It’s odd but true.

As to gaining ToK’s with badges, I’m all for that idea. Though I doubt it will happen as we already gain experience in WvW, so we can level that way. Despite the fact that you are virtually useless until you get to the last few levels and have decent gear.

They would probably just add level up scrolls to the cash shop like WoW and EQ2 have long before they gave us a free option.

in WvW

Posted by: DelusionsOfGrandeur.9287

DelusionsOfGrandeur.9287

I also agree. Badges for tomes would be epic.

in WvW

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

I heartily concur/+1 this.

And feel free to add Bloodstone Dust to the cost, just for the kitten of it. I think I’ve got one or two stacks floating around somewhere.