Badges of Honor should also be earned through taking stuff too...

in WvW

Posted by: OmegaAlpha.9086

OmegaAlpha.9086

Badges of honor should also be earned when we take supplies, towers, keeps, castles, etc.

All drops in WvW should be mailed to you instead picking them up. When you’re in a big fight, you miss most of the drops, or I do at least. Besides the chests of course.

in WvW

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I’d prefer it to just auto-loot the bags (auto-put them in inventory) than being mailed, and I otherwise agree about badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

Yes. Badges should be part of the event reward or something. I did notice you sometimes get a badge for killing keep lords/camp supervisors, but even those badges are hard to come by.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Olcsonn.9327

Olcsonn.9327

I don’t know if I completely agree with that. Badge gear as far as I can tell (haven’t been playing long, much less playing WvW) are meant to be almost like the elite gear for WvW. Elite gear should not be easily or quickly achieved, it should be earned. I do understand the annoyance of how long it takes to get any amount of badges to actually be able to purchase even 1 piece of gear. With the current dynamics of WvW (being that people spend more time taking strategic points instead of fighting each other) it can seem like it takes FOREVER to get anything from the badge gear. I wouldn’t mind seeing the rate drop from killing players and yes keep lords increased slightly, but to get some just from taking those SPs I think would degrade the value of the gear and take away from the achievement of actually being able to get some. It’s easy to get frustrated with how long it can take to achieve gear like that, but I think that it makes the gear more valuable on a personal level.

in WvW

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Olcsonn, I would agree with you, but we’re talking about cruddy rare gear for the WvW skins. Not everything needs to be some absurdly long grind, especially when we’re talking about junky low tier level 80 stuff like the WvW skins are.

If they were exotics, maybe the current grind would be justified, but they aren’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Olcsonn.9327

Olcsonn.9327

ChairGraveyard:

I agree with the gear is that subpar, as I stated I don’t have a complete grasp on the game and how different gear compares highend yet. I have only been playing for about a month now and I am still learning. I do have more experience in the playing of WvW and less in PvE (it’s a lot harder to find people to run highend PvE locations.) If the gear is that bad then, I say increase the scaling of the gear. I’d rather see better gear rather than easier gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Discord.1543

Discord.1543

as far as getting badges for taking camps and keeps…. if you do enough damage to the guild boss at camps and the keep lords, you do get badges.

in WvW

OmegaAlpha.9086

The wvw gear is both rare and exotic… drops from killing players happens lik 10-30% of the time it seems for me. Kill 30 people get like 5-10 badges or even less.

Yeah the the earning badges for taking supply camp doesn’t have to happen, but for keeps and castles, I think they should. Tower could just give you like 5 or so.

I’m not talking about getting 100 badges or anything for taking a tower. A low number like 20 or so, 50 max for taking a castle.

The auto loot into inventory is better, only if it’s just for the badges and nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: muhconstitution.4052

muhconstitution.4052

That would lead to a substantial increase in keep/tower trading and less defending. Not a good thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

The only mod I’d put is that you should get badges of honor for destroying siege equipment. Right now there’s little to gain from killing siege except the siege not being there.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

as far as getting badges for taking camps and keeps…. if you do enough damage to the guild boss at camps and the keep lords, you do get badges.

Not everyone is a DPSer, once again support (a vital role btw) gets screwed.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Just getting a single badge for taking a tower or keep would really help.

Not even more than one for keeps or castle. Just one lone badge. It’d work pretty well.

in WvW

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

This wouldn’t be a bad idea. It is very hard to get the badges as it stands now. I killed at least enough people to fill out the monthly achievement last month combine that with WvW before last month, yet I have 36 of the the badges. That this rate I will play a veeeeery long time before I can get the WvW armor.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Do enough damage to the Guild Claimer and you get 2 badges per.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

Badges are for WvW gear and legendaries. They SHOULD be rare.

The only other thing badges are used for is buying siege weaponry, with buying power of 1 badge == 1 silver, and you -do- get guaranteed silver as a reward for capturing points.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

You should get drops for killing siege, period. The bigger the siege, the better the drop table.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Undermine.1678

Undermine.1678

They are… from the Claiming NPC… do enough damage and you will get badges…

With magic find, you can get Exotic armors with Dolyak, Eagle, Divinity runes.

And on extremely rare chance with high magic find you can get weapons like Dusk, Dawn, The Legend… but this is a very very slight chance.

(edited by Undermine.1678)

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Wait a minute… WvW gets badges that drop from bags which you have to physically click on to get the contents.

Yet in PvP you get glory automatically for everything you do? Then why do we even have badges in WvW? Why not simply have ‘Mist’ points or something. Then we wouldn’t need this broken system of occassional badges (but only if you are alive to loot the RNG-bags).

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

I like this idea. Speaking for myself, I WvW quite a bit (almost 5000 kills now) and I’m still a long ways away from being able to afford my pow/tou/vit trinkets. I have four to go, total cost around 1200 badges, it’s looking pretty daunting at this point.

Compared to the other ways of getting exotic gear, badges are probably the slowest. It should be tuned a bit if you ask me.

in WvW

Posted by: cjadthenord.4928

cjadthenord.4928

The only mod I’d put is that you should get badges of honor for destroying siege equipment. Right now there’s little to gain from killing siege except the siege not being there.

If you take a tower and leave the enemy’s rams sitting at the gate, you deserve to lose that tower.

Officer and Co-Founder of “The Power of Friendship”
Isle of Janthir Murderbot; let me kill your face!
Look at my charming hat! <|:D

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Drop-rate and badge availability is fine imo, but I support the idea of auto-loot.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

I don’t know if I completely agree with that. Badge gear as far as I can tell (haven’t been playing long, much less playing WvW) are meant to be almost like the elite gear for WvW. Elite gear should not be easily or quickly achieved, it should be earned. I do understand the annoyance of how long it takes to get any amount of badges to actually be able to purchase even 1 piece of gear. With the current dynamics of WvW (being that people spend more time taking strategic points instead of fighting each other) it can seem like it takes FOREVER to get anything from the badge gear. I wouldn’t mind seeing the rate drop from killing players and yes keep lords increased slightly, but to get some just from taking those SPs I think would degrade the value of the gear and take away from the achievement of actually being able to get some. It’s easy to get frustrated with how long it can take to achieve gear like that, but I think that it makes the gear more valuable on a personal level.

If I remember correctly, AC gear has the same stats as the WvW gear. The Jewelry are the only pieces not available for tokens elsewhere but WvW.

Farming AC (or at least each path daily) will get you your armor full (pow,vit,tough) set in about a week. 3-4 more days for weapons. This leaves Jewelry and Back slot.

Jumping puzzles give 5-10ish badges per completion and there are 4 in total in wvw. Use these to supplement your badge income.

Doing straight wvw badges will take you awhile and because of that, and the way they are currently looted it would be nice to at least have badges auto-loot. But for the most part the jewelry is all you really need from wvw gear unless you are going tfor the skins.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrym.9436

Thrym.9436

Compared to the other ways of getting exotic gear, badges are probably the slowest. It should be tuned a bit if you ask me.

Outside of finding something that isn’t nearly as clunky a system as having to physically loot at a time that is completely unintuitive, I agree with this as a key factor when I look at the badges.

I see nothing wrong with currencies representing some level of time expenditure, but WvW gear is not better than the stuff that you can spend a gold and a half, or less, on. If we compare the amount of time it takes to get these badges(and this really seems like the most intuitive comparison a person will make) with the time it takes to accrue money, the difference is frighteningly lopsided.

As far as legendaries go, I don’t think this hurts a thing. If a person enjoys WvW they will readily and easily get this portion of their creation done. If the PvP aspects of the game are not something a person finds desirable, it’ll still take them some effort—and it’ll be mercifully shorter on them.

in WvW

OmegaAlpha.9086

Wait a minute… WvW gets badges that drop from bags which you have to physically click on to get the contents.

Yet in PvP you get glory automatically for everything you do? Then why do we even have badges in WvW? Why not simply have ‘Mist’ points or something. Then we wouldn’t need this broken system of occasional badges (but only if you are alive to loot the RNG-bags).

I didn’t even think “Mist” glory points.

This would be even better. No more looting, just wvw points.

Chests can give you jugs that will add to your wvw points, kind of like the karma jugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Maario.2147

Maario.2147

Just came back yesterday after not playing for a while. Today and yesterday played a couple hours, a bit over 100 kills in WvWvW and 4 Badges. Yay support.
So casually playing an hour a day I’ll be able to gear up by 2014.
Ok, time for a bit more extended of a break.

in WvW

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

If you’re tagging for kill credit, you’re tagging for badge credit. They go hand in hand. Tagging is always better in a group. The theory is clearly if you play a support role, you should be in a group. (I didnt make the rule.)

Badges do come slow. It’s seems like 5 kills: 1 badge. But if you dont like the itemization on the WvW gear, it isn’t useful. I could probably complain about the badge drops, but I’ve got about 1K badges sitting in my warehouse and they’re only useful as a way to buy siege equipment.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

Badges come best when you use ballistas to wipe someone out. The more damage you do the more likely you’ll get a drop.

Plus doing the jump puzzles every day can reward you up to 24 badges a day. Much quicker than actually fighting. :/

in WvW

Maario.2147

5 kills : 1 badge would be amazing, right now I’m averaging 25:1

It seems like I only ever get them from stomps though

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Badges should come from keeps at least. Bags should auto loot (and you shouldn’t be able to log out while downed). WvW gear needs to be available for all stat combinations that are available via crafted and pve. WvW gear needs awesome unique skins (maybe even multiple skins for each armor type).

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Badges should come from keeps at least. Bags should auto loot (and you shouldn’t be able to log out while downed). WvW gear needs to be available for all stat combinations that are available via crafted and pve. WvW gear needs awesome unique skins (maybe even multiple skins for each armor type).

+1

I kind of feel that PvP WvW players don’t get that much love. I would wanna get couple monk runes, but i have to go and do some dungeons to get those. Why i can’t just use badges?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Four Leaf Clover.7908

Four Leaf Clover.7908

You get Honour Badges from jumping puzzles, but not keeps.

0_o

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I find Badges pointless. All they’re good for is the Gift of Battle and siege if you’re poor. The Invaders gear is ugly, and only has set type. Plus it’s expensive. A full set is 1889 badges….really Anet?

Unique skins like the others stated would be nice.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Blackrain.5760

Blackrain.5760

If you could get 1-3 per kill and 1-5 for taking towers, keeps, and SM. Then it would be alot better. Keep the number earned low yet keep the prices the same. So you can gain the gear quickly if you grind but doesn’t take forever if your casual.

Also, yeah the gear stats are lame.

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

I get plenty of badges every time I WvW. Honestly, if you give more badges as rewards Guild Wars will become Siege Wars. “Ok, 20 people with balista in this camp, let’s get 4 catapults also behind each gate of every keep and tower now.”

Siege is already too cheap imo. No need to make it worse.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Supervillain.8617

Supervillain.8617

Are badges really based on ‘tagging’ opponents? If so, then this is just another version of DE tagging in which certain classes (mesmer, for one) are significantly impaired. I used to WvW heavily as a mesmer, up until the big invisible army bug came up, and have quite a few kills but extremely few badges, despite being in the high-activity areas as often as possible. It’s a rare day if I get a loot bag to appear at my feet. Even in those few and far between one-on-one fights, I don’t get anything.

Strangely enough, I’ve looted rare items from a high percentage of the loot bags that do appear, significantly more often than the badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Threepsie.3248

Threepsie.3248

No. I’m not in favor of this idea. Why? Two groups that would get an immediate advantage:

1) Bots!
2) Night capping zerg!

Bots will get a significant advantage once they know the ‘spoils of war’ that can be earned through PvP in WvW can also be learned by just zerging up random keeps.

Nightcapping teams which are outnumbered by other realms will have an easier time getting the ‘better’ WvW gear by zerg rushing all maps and get enough tokens to buy yet another exotic wvw gear piece.

True, the impact will not be that extremely huge, but botters exploiting the game will always do so!

Imho, I’d say: do not change this. If you feel like this badge thing is a grind, then MMOs in general are not for you q: Alternatively, do the borderland jumping puzzles on your alts. 3-5 honor badges per toon!

in WvW

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

Badges working FINE as is. If you award for taking objectives or destroying siege or anything of that sort, it will get farmed and/or “kill swapping”. I have seen this exploited to the nTh degree in WAR and even in SWTOR when their first attempt at WvW was there (kill swapping the transports for points).

It has to stay as a “players killed” based award. And even this too should have diminishing returns so 2 “friends” cant go off and just kill swap either.

Yes, if there is a way to exploit a system, people will find it.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I agree that drops in WvW should just appear in your inventory. In a big fight it’s hard to notice the drops, especially since you are constantly moving and you can’ quickly go from alive to dead in a matter of seconds as well. Nothing like being dead and then seeing the 6 bags waiting for you to be picked up.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

This is a very bad idea. If anything, badges should be a drop exclusive to defending things, so people would actually feel rewarded for playing defense. There are already too many rewards for offense.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I like to be able to still loot when I’m down.

Can’t count the number of loot bags I haven’t been able to collect because I was dead and our realm lost the objective so I can’t even run back and collect!

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

What’s a badge of honor? Particularly for someone who forgets to loot and group for loot bonus….

Leveled a character to 80 in wvw and have about a dozen badges to show for it, you guys can have my badges… lol.

[Yeah, laughin at meself and the obvious irrelevance of loot]

in WvW

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

For people saying that there will be collusion and swapping, there isn’t right now, and you already get gold and karma for taking objectives. What’s more badges are account bound so I don’t see botting for badges as an issue. In fact of all the possible things you could try and get a bot to do, my guess is farming badges by taking objectives would be the single least practical.

If you compare how much effort it takes to get crafted exotics vs. how much effort it takes to get badge exotics, there’s no comparison, badge exotics are way harder, and I don’t see a good reason for this to be the case.

Even if you don’t like the idea of getting badges for WvW events, just up the drop rate. It seems to be about one badge for 5 kills right now, and that’s if you pick up all your bags. That’s too low if you ask me.

in WvW

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

I disagree. Badges is easy to get if you are not zerging. It should stay the way it is.

If you running PvD with 30+ players there is no difficulty and honor to it. For what would you get that badge? For clicking “1” on your keyboard?

Running with 4-8 people reward you with more then 1 badges per kill, since sometimes i get 3-4 from one player. It depend on comparison of your force and enemy. If you win 8vs16 people you get a lot more badges then otherwise. Killing enemy if you have advantage of 10 to 1 would usually reward you nothing.

And about loot bags. Suck it, loot is for winners not whiners.

(edited by mapokl.3167)

in WvW

Maario.2147

Changed my play style around. Instead of playing an optimal strategy for my server I look for opportunistic situations to get stomps and defensive spots to drop arrow carts. Supporting just not worth it.

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Hello all,

The drop rate of Badges of Honor for killing enemies in WvWvW is not properly adjusted, in my oppinion BoH should drop much more frequently.

Its a sad sign about the present system that people farm BoH from jumping puzzles (with several characters) instead of fighting because the drop rate is so bad.

Badges of Honor should only be awarded as a reward for WvWvW warfare activities, jumping puzzles are good for the PvE maps and have no place in WAR.

Best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

Badges of honor, account bound siege, and grey vendor fodder should be all that drops from anything in wvw. Then the bots would disappear and the queues would be much shorter.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Xtorma,

I do not agree with you or anyone else that tries to solve the bot problem by making the game dull for the regular players.
The bot problem is resolved by having online GM’s that identify the botters (like you or me do when we see them) and block their accounts. The reporting system is open to much abuse and doubts to be effective, a GM caughting the bot redhanded is a much better system.

The game should not suffer from anti-bot policies like the Reduced Karma/Experience/Loot after a while playing the same events or any other similar measures because in the end ANet is punishing the regular players with policies intended for bots.

Bots should be caught live and properly dealed with. Of course this implies a few more guys working for ANet full time as server GM’s but in my oppinion is well worth the investment. Anyway, I bet that for 1000 euro/1000 dollars a month many people would be volunteer to be GM’s.

Get the bots but please dont hurt the regular player experience.

Thanks and best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Badges should be their own currency like Karma. Only obtainable and usable in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

Should people who successfully defend get badges as well?

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

whiran, defend with a ballista. Get a few people out there whacking away to get people standing still and suddenly loot bags will start popping up around you like christmas.

Yeah though, it’s completely lopsided how you get bags. Fighting people up close usually nets none, using siege weapons to kill, gets you a lot.