Best quotes

Best quotes

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Dear Anet,

In my planet we call this “common sense”,

I know that you may find it confusing at first, but please give it a try,

What bugs me is that blob warfare is so dull.

There currently aren’t any mechanics to encourage large forces to spilt into smaller chunks, and their aren’t any mechanics to discourage overly large armies from getting together in the first place.

My idea was to make towers camps all the bosses within ALOT harder based on the number of people attacking. So the bigger your zerg the harder and longer the boss will be.

Here’s a thought. Why not make player worth less points/exp and towers worth less (much less) the more players that tag it. This will cut the zerg down and you will see more 5 man groups running around.

Block fully-dead revives in hostile territory

Don’t charge gem’s to transfer down. You want balance? then let people filter downward.

Before one could buy siege in TP I was fine if enemy dropped 4 omegas and 8 alphas on a keep and take it. I knew they had used a ton of gold to take the keep and something like that didn’t really happen too often because of the price tag on them.

But now, that golems go for 12s – 20s per one, it makes this meta a too common tactic. Now I keep seeing omega waves after omega waves on our Keeps. Destroying 8 omegas and 16 alphas is pretty regular evening now.

In GW2 down state + everyone can rez + 5 man aoe cap means it’s impossible to kill even 1 player when you are inside a keep defending. Counter rush is pointless. I have fought in many battles where my side rushed a larger zerg downed 1/2 of the zerg in the rush only to have them insta rally on 1 or 2 of our death and then zerg us down.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

(edited by Engels.8537)

Best quotes

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

1. a big zerg already gets countered by smaller groups, capping things behind its back. 2 zergs are far more efficient.

2. Hurray for a lot more stronger keep lords, it will take days to cap something now. Just chain warrior banner rezzes. SM will never get taken again. Banners already are super strong there because the lord of SM has so much health.

3. Less exp for objectives? Nope, wont cut the zerg down. People run in zergs because of safety. They wont mind less exp, they still will get their kill count up ^^.

4. Gems can be bought with gold, it is like 15-20g to transfer now? That really is nothing. So don’t use it as an excuse. Agree some guilds need to go to lower tier servers, we did it and it is great fun. I love to use my utilities again.

5. Siege prices will go up again. People just dumped all their siege now. In a few weeks, golems will go up in price again when this main supply runs out. So that issue will fix itself.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Best quotes

in WvW

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

I just watched the history channel about medieval warefare recently.
Found out, not once in any war did one side send a massive army of soldiers to fight another countries massive army of soldiers!
Nope, was a series of groups of 2 to 5, sneaking around and capturing key points.
The crusades was done by twelve people!
And WW2? Well they sent in an orange haired guy and he took on the german army himself and won using supernatural powers and even destroyed a mecha-hitler!
I’m sure someone told King Arthur “Hey man, gotta stop this ZERG mentality! Some of your soldiers want to take on that castle single-handidly!” Good times.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Best quotes

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

speaking of “best quotes”, I think we found another.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Best quotes

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

King Arthur had Strength in Numbers traited and thought it stacked

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

Best quotes

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

1. a big zerg already gets countered by smaller groups, capping things behind its back. 2 zergs are far more efficient.

2. Hurray for a lot more stronger keep lords, it will take days to cap something now. Just chain warrior banner rezzes. SM will never get taken again. Banners already are super strong there because the lord of SM has so much health.

3. Less exp for objectives? Nope, wont cut the zerg down. People run in zergs because of safety. They wont mind less exp, they still will get their kill count up ^^.

4. Gems can be bought with gold, it is like 15-20g to transfer now? That really is nothing. So don’t use it as an excuse. Agree some guilds need to go to lower tier servers, we did it and it is great fun. I love to use my utilities again.

5. Siege prices will go up again. People just dumped all their siege now. In a few weeks, golems will go up in price again when this main supply runs out. So that issue will fix itself.

1) A big zerg is countered by another big zerg, maps are way too small and a zerg can respond quickly and be deploy to any point in the map in less than 2 minutes, also camps cannot be flipped immediately,

2) Because we all know that lords are op…

3) Are you sure?

4) 15 golds can be way too much for some people specially for people that just play WvW

5) Yep they will go up again but in the meantime is awful

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game