Blacktide Thief Hacker Strikes again, part 10

in WvW

Posted by: Moraxo.1740

Moraxo.1740

As mentioned int he title, the thief hacker strikes againa t this very moment in WvW, Whiteside Ridge vs Blacktide Vs Fissure of Woe.
15 minutes ago WSR had 695 points a tick, now we have less then 400, all because of his doing.
If a developer ciuld hop on right now it would be incredibly sweet, i pay GW2 50 euro as soon as the hacker is banned to ban his IP and keep banning him if he returns later on.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I will continiously say again and again: hackers use tools that is already exploit in the game. Why do you think majority of hackers are thief and mesmer and use Permanant-Teleports , Permanent-Stealth and rewards only?

Obviously!

Can you really blame them?

I do not agree with hackers but when us players complain about these problems already in the game being problematic-exploits, we are always ignored and are called, “noob and L2P”

Well! the hackers are “noob and L2P” than, correct?

Of course! they are, so why complaint against them if we are treated the same?

Again! i do not agree with hackers but are we not being treated the same way as them for reporting the same professions who abuse and exploit the same tools they are using in the game?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Thief is an exploit!

OP, did you report the guy to GM Proheals? Takes him a while to catch hackers but last time T9 had a long term hacker, he dealt with him.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

A lot of hackers roll Mesmer or thief to make it hard to tell if they just stealthed or portalled etc.

However this is not the case here. These two flip an entire border in 15 mins. They reappear seconds after you kill them. Yesterday they were even flying golems into a fully upgraded and defending SM. Yes, flying, not even hiding it.

Moraxxo, I believe there’s a person to contact in game called proheals, there may be a few more devs that are on and can help too. He can swap to that server and check or ours when it’s happening.

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

A lot of hackers roll Mesmer or thief to make it hard to tell if they just stealthed or portalled etc.

However this is not the case here. These two flip an entire border in 15 mins. They reappear seconds after you kill them. Yesterday they were even flying golems into a fully upgraded and defending SM. Yes, flying, not even hiding it.

Moraxxo, I believe there’s a person to contact in game called proheals, there may be a few more devs that are on and can help too. He can swap to that server and check or ours when it’s happening.

For these hackers..

This remind me of mesmers and thieves hiding in keeps after the keep is captured by opposite server. I suspect they abusing that same code. That is why alot of player suggested before; once a keep is captured, all the enemy server players who are hiding will be kick out- like thief and mesmer.

And the only way a keep can be captured is to break gates and wall. So why Arena net refuse these suggestions?

If Arena net write codes to enforce that, none of this would ever happen or would be very hard for hackers to do.

Suggestion:

Example: not a coder or programmer

code 1- Entrance to keep is restricted only by destruction of gate and walls.
code 2- All entrance to keep will automatically be ground targeted “weigh down” -no jumping.
code 3- all entrance to keeps will be ground level.
code 4- limit portal and stealth access inside all keeps
code 5- restrict all stealths and portals once inside lords keep
code 6- Enforce a strong security system in all keeps: example; like a security system in a car- any disturbance or force entrance will call immediate attention.
code 7-Alll keep lords and guards will have full permission to instant kill any threats and disturbance and ban them automatically temp. until Arena net investigate.
code 8- give all lords and guards “true sight” abilities and “true sound” abilities to spot hackers and any threats.

True sight- Ability to see invisible like stealth
True sound-Ability to hear the smallest noise

Example: if no wall or gate is down and there is noise inside keep, security alarm will activate. If no wall or gate is down and there is invisibility inside keep, security alarm will activate.

code 9- once keep is captured, restrict all port and invisibility access include lords and inside keep.

Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: Etrom.5324

Etrom.5324

Its so sad, i saw these blacktide hackers these days, and now, about 30 min ago in wvw. They jump over the towers and keeps, appear and disappear from anywhere.

I just wanna fight beside of my mates, and get good fights on a war. But seeing it, (the hackers) is so bad, and makes me lose the will to play.

“What is a fresh wound to a body so full of scars?”
Fissure Of Woe – Endoma [END]

in WvW

apharma.3741

As I type this they are in WSR T2 keep failing to kill our Lord and take it, both run around guild less and there’s no holes in the walls or gates broken. We killed the Mesmer and maybe 20s later he’s back on inner.

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

For these hackers..

This remind me of mesmers and thieves hiding in keeps after the keep is captured by opposite server. I suspect they abusing that same code. That is why alot of player suggested before; once a keep is captured, all the enemy server players who are hiding will be kick out- like thief and mesmer.

And the only way a keep can be captured is to break gates and wall. So why Arena net refuse these suggestions?

If Arena net write codes to enforce that, none of this would ever happen or would be very hard for hackers to do.

Suggestion:

code 2- All entrance to keep will automatically be ground targeted “weigh down” -no jumping.
code 6- Enforce a strong security system in all keeps: example; like a security system in a car- any disturbance or force entrance will call immediate attention.
code 7-Alll keep lords and guards will have full permission to instant kill any threats and disturbance and ban them automatically temp. until Arena net investigate.
code 8- give all lords and guards “true sight” abilities and “true sound” abilities to spot hackers and any threats.

Example: if no wall or gate is down and there is noise inside keep, security alarm will activate. If no wall or gate is down and there is invisibility inside keep, security alarm will activate.

code 9- once keep is captured, restrict all port and invisibility access include lords and inside keep.

are you saying that we can’t legit ninja a keep via a mesmer again? you idea will also push the meta of closing all the gates immediately regardless of how many enemies are inside the keep as closing the gates will trigger lord’s instant kill function. it will also instant ban all of the enemies trapped inside the keep regardless of how they got in making the keep instantly saved from a legit attack.

(edited by godofcows.2451)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And Arenanet shall call this new system… “Skynet”.

Thats how it begins.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

For these hackers..

Suggestion:

Code 10: Sweep the keeps for hiding players, this one will make all 9 codes above unnecessary.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

apharma.3741

I feel that some people seem to either be misunderstanding what’s happening or are coming up with solutions to problems that really don’t need solutions to. The fact is they are using a programme to speed into and out of keeps, towers camps etc and kill the lords then go straight onto the next. A lot of people in UW, FoW, BT and WSR have seen, video’d and taken screenshots of them being inside keeps that have been held and swept for hours. They have died and then reappeared seconds later.

They were banned at one point but after crying on the forums it seems their IP was unbanned. I would urge people in the servers affected to friend pro heals and get in contact with him when they do it so he can catch them and ban them.

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

For these hackers..

Suggestion:

are you saying that we can’t legit ninja a keep via a mesmer again? you idea will also push the meta of closing all the gates immediately regardless of how many enemies are inside the keep as closing the gates will trigger lord’s instant kill function. it will also instant ban all of the enemies trapped inside the keep regardless of how they got in making the keep instantly saved from a legit attack.

1. are you saying that we can’t legit ninja a keep via a mesmer again?

Yes

2. you idea will also push the meta of closing all the gates immediately regardless of how many enemies are inside the keep as closing the gates will trigger lord’s instant kill function?

Adjustment can be made like a timer. Example: downstate timer to wp. Difference is, timer in keep will be invisible to all enemy players inside keep.
Timer can be adujusted to 3-5 minute.

3. it will also instant ban all of the enemies trapped inside the keep regardless of how they got in making the keep instantly saved from a legit attack?

Again from number 2: there will be a adjusted timer: 3-5 minute to recapture lord keep or to leave keep. If past 3-5 min, all enemies trapped inside will be instant killed.

The ban system can be adjusted after keep is secured from enemies presence.

Ankur

in WvW

Moraxo.1740

And part 11, here they are once again, from 695 points to 200 in a matter of 15 minutes.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I will continiously say again and again: hackers use tools that is already exploit in the game. Why do you think majority of hackers are thief and mesmer and use Permanant-Teleports , Permanent-Stealth and rewards only?

Obviously!

I do not agree with hackers but when us players complain about these problems already in the game being problematic-exploits, we are always ignored and are called, “noob and L2P”

Again! i do not agree with hackers but are we not being treated the same way as them for reporting the same professions who abuse and exploit the same tools they are using in the game?

I thought all hackers played Rangers, using bears, and only pressed 2 (aka. rapid fire).
Because, well, we all know that takes no skill, challenge, and is OP.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Obviously!

I thought all hackers played Rangers, using bears, and only pressed 2 (aka. rapid fire).

You are correct but can not forget other professions who takes no skills, challenge and Op too

I have something for you too read: I find this funny and you will laugh too

Ranger “-66% cd on next skill after weapon swap”

Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Obviously!

You are correct but can not forget other professions who takes no skills, challenge and Op too

I have something for you too read: I find this funny and you will laugh too

Ranger “-66% cd on next skill after weapon swap”

Yeah, saw that. Now go see what the Warriors got and we’ll talk

Of course this is all “as of now” – we both know things will change regardless. But back on topic. Hackers are across the board and a bit difficult to deal with. It is just a priority thing. I for one would prefer them to spend more time and money on balancing WvW matches / tiers / wall clock coverage and numbers…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Moraxo.1740

BT hackers are here again, how the kitten are we meant to move back up tot ier 8 if those hackers keep us down? none of the servers in tier 9 enjoy this situation. The other servers get nonstop smacked down and have no fun, and we dont go back to tier 8 because of them capping everything.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Anet’s response, as usual, is a deafening silence. Once the moderator shows up for the weekly visit, the thread will be closed and you’ll be given the proverbial finger and thanked for your “understanding.”

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Etrom.5324

Etrom.5324

Sad, so sad. I start to think to move my entire guild to the other game, healthier to play and a little more fair. :/

“What is a fresh wound to a body so full of scars?”
Fissure Of Woe – Endoma [END]

in WvW

Posted by: censord.8679

censord.8679

Had a Mesmer hacker from RoF this weekend, that fly right over the wall port a zerk in to a tier 3 Stonemist and bye bye Stonemist… if only Anet can pause PvE content for a day and focus on WvW that would be great.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Once again DarkSyze proves he knows absolutely nothing about how this game works. Or any game for that matter. Or, hell, virtually any piece of software ever written.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Marpo.8695

Marpo.8695

This is going beyond ridiculous.
Same guy wrecking everything for 3 weeks in a row. Gj Anet!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

So, one single thief is single-handedly taking EVERY structure on every map at once and nobody’s stopping him? Whaaat?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

apharma.3741

So, one single thief is single-handedly taking EVERY structure on every map at once and nobody’s stopping him? Whaaat?

From what I remember and saw they do it on the off peak hours. By that I mean when most servers would be lucky to have more than 20 players in total distributed across all 4 maps. They also like to do it at night, it’s like these infamous nightcap servers but instead of having a small zerg at night you have a guy or two (it’s a pair of hackers usually) that teleport into everything and kill the Lord.

Also, yes, really. T9 at off peak hours generally has that few people, WSR has a few more than the others so they’ve been dominating the matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Marpo.8695

Marpo.8695

With perma invulnerability, warping, instant teleport inside keeps and towers, insane damage and so on you are welcome to try…

in WvW

Posted by: OscLin.7253

OscLin.7253

Yeah, we met him this morning in FoW-Bl. Killed him a couple of time but since he is back in 20 sec it’s no use really. It’s just annoying. At least we saw some BT that had the decency to not join in with him. Kudos to them I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

It’s not like people don’t try to stop him, but they get tired of chasing someone that uses 3rd party programs to overcome any limitations/penalty. Got lucky and killed him? He’ll be back in 10s no matter where you are on the map. People eventually get tired of it and quit.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

OscLin.7253

As Jayden says. The people who care for WvW and just wanna fun matchup are the ones who encouter him and also get tired of him so they are the ones who move on to to other stuff making the match more boring for those who stay. So really 1-2 guys destroy the fun for quite alot of ppl.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Anet probably investigates his account and see he is buying gems so wont deal with it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

With perma invulnerability, warping, instant teleport inside keeps and towers, insane damage and so on you are welcome to try…

you are correct!

Ankur

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Once again DarkSyze proves he knows absolutely nothing about how this game works. Or any game for that matter. Or, hell, virtually any piece of software ever written.

If you convinced me
And I convinced you,
Would there not still be
Two points of view?

Ankur

in WvW

OscLin.7253

He was on again this morning. I must have filed 50 reports on this guy by now.

in WvW

Posted by: ledernierrempart.6871

ledernierrempart.6871

he is still cheating every night. tired of this, we filmed him.

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

The thread is not close. Will Arena net do anything about this? even with more evidence: Yes or No?

From evidence: I agree with you and understand why you are tired/frustrate too! I would be same.

Why continue to punish players who want challenge and fun?

Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: JasonBlackfield.8952

JasonBlackfield.8952

The thread is not close. Will Arena net do anything about this? even with more evidence: Yes or No?

From experience – Probably not.

First of all, I don’t really play at the moment, I am waiting for HoT to release, but I used to be a pretty active Member of the Whitesideridge Community before. I stumbled on this Thread and it remembered me on what we had to endure quite a bit ago when I was still playing.

It was about a Hacker from the UW Server, who plagued our matchups for quite a while.
He used to hack openly for a few weeks in the Blacktide/Vabbi/Underworld matchups.
During this time we were still matchup’d agains Dzagonur and FoW/Vabbi.
At one point we dropped down and faced UW. And the hacker ourself. (For 2 weeks – until we went back to the DZ/FoW/Vabbi matchup)

In those 2 weeks I did a lot of “science” and made a lot of proof about him. Even the exact place, time (up to the the exact second) where he used to be. And what happened with my info? Nothing.

Many many threads got shut down about him, there used to be probably 20 or so threads about him over the course of 3 months. He always used to hack at the exact same time, EVERY Day for MONTHS, but nothing happened.

A few weeks later, while we still faced dz and fow/vabbi uw’s hacker got “silent” BUT – he did not dissapear. What happened? One day I checked my block list and found out that he moved to Millers Sund (Probably because it got too boring on the uw server).

Guess what? A while later a LOT of threads appeared on the forum about the EXACT Same person. The last time I saw him he used to be mid silver rank, only with hacking. On Milers Sund he probably was already Gold Rank due to the consistent hacking.

At one point, a Dev posted before closing the Thread that he got banned. (I searched for it but didn’t find it anymore) Finally. But at what cost?

It took the effort of 7! Servers, over a span of 4-6 months, thousands of reports, around 30 threads over those months on the forum about this Guy, tons of videos with 100% Proof,…. to get him banned. And this, is ridiculous. But, it repeats right here, again. Maybe its even the same guy with just another account because he got bored?

I just don’t get why Hacker/Cheatusers can walk so freely around in this Game.
The funny part is I send all proof I and others made to the Support and they said they will investigate. I even send them a Link to the Tools this Guy was using. After a while they told me that they will investigate it and do something agains it if they find something wrong. But nope. That was about 1 months before he went to Milers Sund. (where he hacked for like a month or so) until the Dev Post.

You can check my evidence and mind back the days in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/The-secret-of-success-Underworld-at-night/first#post4677978

in WvW

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

I faced a thief & mesmer today at our keep on EB.

We had +495 at that moment, i can remember our score dropped down to +160 in less then an hour later, but no real idea if that is due to their influence or vabbi capping all points.

It was extremely annoying to catch the thief, maybe i met the guy you people mentioned

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I’ve been hearing from more than a few friends on different NA and EU servers the last couple months about wvw hackers taking whole maps in under and hour. And it’s ALWAYS a mez and thief. Or just a single thief dropping from the sky and can backstab without the stealth debuff, and if you kill them, they can drop right back out of the sky in seconds. I’m lucky enough to only come across what I know for sure was hacking probably 5 times.

I hope your hacker gets caught, I empathize with you guys. It’s one thing to see a person hack here or there, but to have whole maps taken from a couple cheaters and it keep going on after making kitten ing videos of them….ugh demoralizing would be an understatement. Why is it not easy for them to get banned? Are people spending cash on gems to transfer away from this? Let it keep on going for a couple months…Could this be some crazy conspiracy theory we’ll end up seeing on Fox News? Maybe Alex Jones can dig into this for us?

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Downside of this is that there is a kind of witch hunt going down..I was roaming wvw for daily purposes, evaded with Shortbow skill 3 upon stumbling on an enemy but dc’ed after that. Upon returning (yay for ssd drive ) , I got this whisper from someone who’s name shall remain hidden (although my fingers are itching to place it here!!) that he has reported me for speedhacking ! I explained to the player this was not the case, but sure enough, player blocked me..
How is ANet dealing with false allegations ? Any of you encountered this ?

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

in WvW

Posted by: JasonBlackfield.8952

JasonBlackfield.8952

Are people spending cash on gems to transfer away from this? Let it keep on going for a couple months…

Well I can tell you from my experience that this is pretty much true.
During the 2 Weeks with the UW Hacker many people I knew, who were faithful and loyal to the server, took this as a reason to switch to another one. While others just left WvW, did PvP in those 2 weeks and never came back to WvW. While even others just spend all the time in EOTM and also never returned to WvW after their EOTM Phase.

They simply don’t. A Dev has to see it ingame to take action. They dont seem to keep any logs beside chatlogs. And the Devs are pretty much all from NA.

So as long as no Dev did Babysit you during this 10 secs where you DC’d nothing happens.
No report or video will change that.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

We don’t need to see it in-game, sometimes good video evidence is enough for me to track down who it was. In this case, the video was enough for me to find out who it was and take action. Thanks for the video, and to accompany your video, I give you this video of his account’s last moments:

https://youtu.be/bqfUi9DzBuo

Oh yah, he’s also banned

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

(edited by Chris Cleary.8017)

in WvW

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

We don’t need to see it in-game, sometimes good video evidence is enough for me to track down who it was. In this case, the video was enough for me to find out who it was and take action. Thanks for the video, and to accompany your video, I give you this video:

Oh yah, he’s also banned

So that was the actual guy in the earlier linked video? That was his account you logged into, killed his character, and then deleted it? If os, that’s pretty cool.

in WvW

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

We don’t need to see it in-game, sometimes good video evidence is enough for me to track down who it was. In this case, the video was enough for me to find out who it was and take action. Thanks for the video, and to accompany your video, I give you this video of his account’s last moments:

Oh yah, he’s also banned

Ok that’s pretty gangster. And the dev of the year award goes to……………….

That which has no life.

(edited by Noein.1685)

in WvW

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

1 down, thousands more to go…!

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Oh yah, he’s also banned

Awesome!

That was Epic demonstration: I love it

Thank You! Arena net: Chris Cleary

" You shouldn’t be afraid…You should be terrified!!! "

" It’s time to meet your maker "

Attachments:

Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Notice he only has 851 AP. I commend the effort, but this won’t stop speedhackers. So when are you going to fix speedhacking anet?

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Downside of this is that there is a kind of witch hunt going down..I was roaming wvw for daily purposes, evaded with Shortbow skill 3 upon stumbling on an enemy but dc’ed after that. Upon returning (yay for ssd drive ) , I got this whisper from someone who’s name shall remain hidden (although my fingers are itching to place it here!!) that he has reported me for speedhacking ! I explained to the player this was not the case, but sure enough, player blocked me..

This is the result of the general population’s perception that Anet doesn’t act on hackers (it’s irrelevant whether they do act or not). If you think lots of hackers are around, you’re going to “see” one every time you witness something unfamiliar (like the shortbow 3 example here). This means tons of false reports that make it even harder to deal with real hackers.

I’ve said this before, to solve this, Anet needs a “surge” of devs who, for a couple weeks, will act and purge the game of hackers/trolls. Reducing the perception that hackers are everywhere will reduce the number of false reports, and will make it easier for devs to check up on reports once the surge is over.

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

This is the result of the general population’s perception that Anet doesn’t act on hackers (it’s irrelevant whether they do act or not). If you think lots of hackers are around, you’re going to “see” one every time you witness something unfamiliar (like the shortbow 3 example here). This means tons of false reports that make it even harder to deal with real hackers.

I’ve said this before, to solve this, Anet needs a “surge” of devs who, for a couple weeks, will act and purge the game of hackers/trolls. Reducing the perception that hackers are everywhere will reduce the number of false reports, and will make it easier for devs to check up on reports once the surge is over.

What you say make sense: I agree with you.

Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Oh yah, he’s also banned

You should match his login IP to other accounts, and go after his main. Banning that account is punishment, but if it were a throw away account that he got for the $10 sale, then he may do it again.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Oh yah, he’s also banned

You should match his login IP to other accounts, and go after his main. Banning that account is punishment, but if it were a throw away account that he got for the $10 sale, then he may do it again.

I never said this was the only one of his accounts that was banned

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

in WvW

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

I never said this was the only one of his accounts that was banned

This guy, he’s alright.

That which has no life.