Blacktide/Vizunah/Desolation 11/16/12

in WvW

Posted by: Nohonor.5382

Nohonor.5382

Please keep it clean and shiny.

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

in WvW

Posted by: Nohonor.5382

Nohonor.5382

finally the match is reseting!

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

They should allow friendly fire in WvW.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

i’ll prob skip this week tbh,as i know what the outcome is going to be anyway.
i’ll wait till des drops down a tier or two,as atm its no fun at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Good luck to Blacktide (last weeks team)

Hope you guys don’t get to badly hit with map queues etc.

As with a few of the bigger guilds on Deso, JuG will probably slack badly this week also. Which isn’t what we really wana do, as the last week we’ve had really good fights against small and large Blacktide groups.

anyway….

Good luck Blacktide

lots of love

Ajaxx lol

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

Well, it’s not fun here on Blacktide for everyone either, but there are a lot of people who think that winning alone is fun and worth it. Personally, I think next several weeks are going to be rather dull unless some servers use this trial-access opportunity (higher server cap) to mass transfer. Without that, the outcome is obvious, and I don’t like the feel of playing for RUIN either so I’m considering a transfer. I did enjoy tier3 and tier2, and tier1 was supposed to be enjoyable as well but RUIN doesn’t like competition so now Blacktide will be doing a lot of lumberjacking and heavily outzerging other servers. That can be fun for a day or two and then it just gets boring.

PS: Let me show you what I mean. Current point ticks:

Blacktide: 515
Vizunah: 140
Desolation: 40

An hour from now we’ll be doing base camping for the rest of the week. Yay.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: zin.1892

zin.1892

Blactide has won, VZ second, Deso surrenders. Now we have to spend 1 week in this boredom. IRON will not play this week.

Zinnu [Desolation]

(edited by zin.1892)

in WvW

Posted by: BobbybigBalls.3196

BobbybigBalls.3196

I really feel sorry for XAOC what they gonna do when they get up?
btw 17 ruin kills to 4 deaths so far.
im here all night baby

Badges Baby 80 Gnome hunter
Ravenmore 80 Giant paladin

in WvW

Posted by: Aysnvaust.7046

Aysnvaust.7046

To me Blacktide is a stand-alone phenomenom atm, I do not see any serious challenger for them. Vizu made the best with the tools they have, all respect to them, they really deserve to be in T1 – Deso is a story on it’s own, we don’t need to chew on this again. All in all, T1 is not as interesting for us spectators as it used to be back in the days. Hope (almost) all of you still get some fun out of it, greetings from a happy T2-player .

Poke Menot
Asura Thief
Elona Reach

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

I really feel sorry for XAOC what they gonna do when they get up?

They are already up for a while But they also play exclusively to win, so see the current situation as extremely good. The bigger lead the better, and it doesn’t matter who fights for you as long as he’s on your side.

(edited by Ianervan.3415)

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

ty ANET for that 1hour and half late reset. VS thanks you so much. everyone went to sleep.
good start Bt

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

(edited by tita.6358)

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Heres a video from Red Guard last week when it was at least fun. Im not sure if it was because of the PVE (most likely) but tonight was dead. Don’t see the point of everyone jumping to Blacktide but it happens i guess.

in WvW

Posted by: BobbybigBalls.3196

BobbybigBalls.3196

well off to us servers for a week, good luck french guys.
cya later eu

and Cyril deso will be dead all week, deso bl had 5 people in tonight and LA had an overflow

Badges Baby 80 Gnome hunter
Ravenmore 80 Giant paladin

in WvW

Posted by: Slashpaf.9250

Slashpaf.9250

Heres a video from Red Guard last week when it was at least fun. Im not sure if it was because of the PVE (most likely) but tonight was dead. Don’t see the point of everyone jumping to Blacktide but it happens i guess.

Ahah “War Legion” dunno if troll or just fail.

It’s War Legend ^^

For tonight, I know some people went on the new PvE zone, and others are on PS2. The late reset is also a cause of not playing for many people.

Vizunah Square

(edited by Slashpaf.9250)

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Ahah “War Legion” dunno if troll or just fail.

It’s War Legend ^^

Yep i guess so, we didnt bump into them that often and some kids were saying they were the best on VS. Would of been nice to have seen more of them to be honest but somebody told us they don’t Wvwvw often.

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

For those major guilds who dont like RUIN on blacktide its easy to handle it, just go back to far shiverpeaks, desolation, or any other lower tier server.

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

For those major guilds who dont like RUIN on blacktide its easy to handle it, just go back to far shiverpeaks, desolation, or any other lower tier server.

It’s not that simple, unfortunately. I think most of us have kind of decided to let WvW be for a week and play the new PvE event. After that, we’ll see what happens.

Welcome to Lazy River week.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: Radamanth.9048

Radamanth.9048

pve-goldgrind-week inc! (oh the joy … )

next week, away from that locust swarm server, should be interesting again, cant wait! curious if we can rearrange again to the level we achieved before ruin joined us.

in WvW

Posted by: KiNgPiN.2075

KiNgPiN.2075

Easy, but as soon as they reach T1 Ruin will transfer, so its just temporary action.

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Game over at Saturday morning. BT clocking in at 660/20/15.

Funny fact: for all the talk about how Ruin-based Deso would break balance, it looks like Ru-based BT with its all european composition is far more destructive to the EU bracket, but no one complains. Oh well.

in WvW

Posted by: Naikee.5936

Naikee.5936

Good fights vs VS at Woodhaven (VS border)

Represented by [Xaoc]

in WvW

Posted by: Pherenice.8124

Pherenice.8124

Want to add that with no WvW updates the game gets boring and more boring with each week passing.
I think the only people / guilds that will play in the upcomming week are the most hardcore players.

New PvE contend giving an edge in WvW makes this whole setup a complete joke.
Culling still not fixed.

And not much fun left playing GW2 atm, seems the honeymoon is over ?

in WvW

Posted by: Hedon.7580

Hedon.7580

Good fights vs VS at Woodhaven (VS border)

You mean you really enjoyed your 40 man zerg vs our 15?

in WvW

Posted by: Naikee.5936

Naikee.5936

We had also 15-20 man) It’s not necessary to count pets, mesrer’s illusion and so on:)

Represented by [Xaoc]

in WvW

Posted by: Calendor.2675

Calendor.2675

I think this week will be a complete walkover for BT. I wouldnt expect much from Deso, i think most are having the week off.

BT at the moment are unstoppable. Decent nightcapping with the Yanks, Excellent early morning cover with the russians, and at peak hours BT has a very large number of PvP only guilds to give them an edge.

I dont think BT are gonna have any competition for a long time unless they fall apart.

11:30am on saturday

BT 590
Viz 60
Deso 45

Viz and Deso with outmanned buff. Coould be a record score this week for T1

Desolation Server.

(edited by Calendor.2675)

in WvW

Posted by: Tombstone.9631

Tombstone.9631

Well the sooner Desolation goes to T2 the better imo, T1 is just no fun at the moment against Blacktide, its like the old question of what the fox hunts when all the chickens have been eaten. I’ll be skipping on WvW this week in the hope that we drop back to T2 which seems more fun. I’m afraid that BT players may well find they have nobody to fight this week

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

I’ve noticed something else disturbing on BT, after watching chat of Synaptia [PG] and some other people.

Now that BT is #1 some who bandwagoned this server in the beginning (not Xaoc, they’re polite) act like they own the server, and everyone who joins it later is lower class citizen. Never mind that these people didn’t do anything special to the server; I’m sorry but the only reason BT was even t4 and t3 is Xaoc. Without Xaoc all these cool natives would be fighting Vabbi.

The people in BGs seemed to be happy that RUIN had joined them, espeially NOON commander was very proud of RUIN while sitting on top o SM and having no enemy to fight against. I guess NOON is also one of the guilds that enjoy no challenge?

I have only seen NOON (or some tag like that – I don’t know who the heck that is) enthusiastic about RUIN joining. Really enthusiastic. Xaoc is happy too because it makes the server stronger. All others I saw are either dissatisfied or silent.

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Well the sooner Desolation goes to T2 the better imo, T1 is just no fun at the moment against Blacktide, its like the old question of what the fox hunts when all the chickens have been eaten. I’ll be skipping on WvW this week in the hope that we drop back to T2 which seems more fun. I’m afraid that BT players may well find they have nobody to fight this week

Blacktide is the best WvW server from week, I can’t see anybody who would be able to stand against us(both ladders). This was our goal since the time when we were 26th server and all of the guilds were leaving us. Talking about droping to tier2 is kinda pathetic, t1 is not fun because Vizunah and Desolation is not able to do anything, it’s all about you guys. Only you’re able to make this tier alive and competitive. T2 seems more fun… well, it’s still much lower level too so what is your choice?
I’m really tired of this talking that tier1 is boring, what did you expect? easy fights like 12 hours a day and then everybody goes to bad? Give us some resistance! If the things look like now in future, BT will be able to make a one week completly off from WvW without any danger of losing 1st place.
Btw. I’d really like to see Elona Reach in t1 again, fights in t2 were very nice against them and maybe some of SFR server Just a little suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

You want resistance? Give us more dedicated guilds. You managed to get good competetive guild on your side, but as you know it takes some time. Sooner or later T1 will be fixed.

BTW. You are missing the point here. No1 expect easy points in T1. It’s all about 24h coverage.

[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Pherenice.8124

Pherenice.8124

Devitz when a guild swarms a server and drops it to tier 1 without many wvw guilds and that guilds leaves and the rest of the weight comes down on 1 major guild named Iron who happend to have a leadership who stole all funds and what not then offcourse things get complicated.

Outmanned buff means not much people have the spirit to fight an uphill battle, also its not fun to get swarmed when you are playing with 10 people versus a zerg of 50.
You just give up at that point.

Deso wasnt ready for T1 it was still reaching out to other WvW guilds to make bonds and an alliance when RUIN appeared.
They are on Blacktide now, hope they have fun deffing towers versus critters and rabbits in the long night hours.
Thats what they wanted right ?
Dunno why VS aint fighting, cant comment on that one.

BT has all the super powers gatherd on 1 server, no1 want to get to tier 1 now, way to unbalanced.
EU servers have a hard time versus off peak servers already, and Blacktide now seems to have 24/7 coverage without breaking a sweat

Tier 1 is a joke on EU, i expect many more guilds making a jump to USA servers in the upcomming weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

Why should Blacktide guilds move to other servers? They fought hard to get Blacktide where it is now, While RUIN was apparantly invited by Xaoc not all Blacktide guilds agree with this.

RUIN got invited before the match last week, as I understand it they had decided to move before they actually fought Blacktide. Its possible that they thought they were moving to the weaker server as Desolation had beaten Blacktide before.

I dont understand RUIN, but Im not in that guild. The continous bashing of a guild that apparantly WAS invited to Blacktide is becoming tedious.

While a permanent transfer from Blacktide guilds is excessive, why not transfer to Desolation for 1 week? then fight RUIN which you claim to hate so much, Blacktide wont drop out of T1 and you get the chance to show RUIN you really dont want them, if that is indeed the case.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

Btw. I’d really like to see Elona Reach in t1 again, fights in t2 were very nice against them and maybe some of SFR server Just a little suggestion

I think you have no idea of the situation in D2. ER has a difficult start against AS ( one sick server since their fall in D2 and who say they do not want to be in D1 at this time ), so do not expect anything on that side.

Have fun with all your news friends. ^^

Dunno why VS aint fighting, cant comment on that one.

VS is tired.
We are in D1 since the game release.
We had to resist to : FSP, ER in vacation, AS with nightcoverage, Deso with RUINS.
We have win , we have lose, but we are always here.

Now, we can’t beat BT at this time, but no challenger can kick out us because they are burn out. So, we take a break for be ready when nice days come back.

VS never surrender. ^^

jade sea, EU

(edited by GrandMechantLoup.8201)

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Quote:
“Btw. I’d really like to see Elona Reach in t1 again,”

I dont want t1 – t2 is just more fun and theres no point to fight an international 24h server – wasting of time

have a nice day

(edited by Romek.4201)

in WvW

Posted by: Kewa.1649

Kewa.1649

Why should Blacktide guilds move to other servers? They fought hard to get Blacktide where it is now, While RUIN was apparantly invited by Xaoc not all Blacktide guilds agree with this.

RUIN got invited before the match last week, as I understand it they had decided to move before they actually fought Blacktide. Its possible that they thought they were moving to the weaker server as Desolation had beaten Blacktide before.

I dont understand RUIN, but Im not in that guild. The continous bashing of a guild that apparantly WAS invited to Blacktide is becoming tedious.

While a permanent transfer from Blacktide guilds is excessive, why not transfer to Desolation for 1 week? then fight RUIN which you claim to hate so much, Blacktide wont drop out of T1 and you get the chance to show RUIN you really dont want them, if that is indeed the case.

We definetly tried to invite a US guild to BT, yes. But it was about a month ago, when we were even not in t2. ) At the same time a “Project Blacktide” post was made, so an invitation to US-players still exists as I understand.

Quote:
“Btw. I’d really like to see Elona Reach in t1 again,”

I dont want t1 – t2 is just more fun and theres no point to fight an international 24h server – wasting of time

have a nice day

Such words only can be said by a very poor spirited guy. Shame on you! )))

(edited by Kewa.1649)

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

“Such words only can be said by a very poor spirited guy. Shame on you! )))”

no

elona is a very strong EURO Server and won vs almost all EURO Servers and still can do it – but everyone know its a german server and we have only 1 time zone and there will never be ppl from other timezones

no point to fight this 24h blacktide monster – its wasting of time

for ME atm EURO Ranking start with vizunah

have a nice day

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

To clarify a few things;

In our talks between guild-leaders on Blacktide, I have not heard a single positive opinion about Ruin transferring. The only not negative thing I heard was from Xaoc leader Maxs who said he doesn’t really care if they transfer or not, and then went back to his favorite past-time of building a lot of golems and running around blowing things up.

When they transferred to Blacktide a number of our bigger WvW guilds wanted to immediately transfer to either VS or Desolation to stomp them like we did in first days of T1 after which they stopped playing and started transferring.

After much talk we reached the conclusion it’s pointless to transfer because;
a) If they decided they can’t hope to beat us and must transfer to avoid us, they will simply follow us around
b) We put in too much effort and emotion into fighting with our friends on Blacktide to reach T1

As their own leader said, Ruin is irrelevant on Blacktide. Most of the guild leaders seemed to agree with this sentiment. They will be ignored by a lot of guilds and most of Blacktide population already formed their opinion after seeing the chestbeating from before when they could out-cap the EU FR servers followed by meek transferring when they couldn’t out-cap Blacktide.

T1 will now be boring, yes. But, it would have been boring if Ruin didn’t transfer as they couldn’t make any difference against us like they don’t make any difference under us.

Some guilds will transfer from Blacktide, some will stay and sooner or later some other hungry server will rise in ranking and dethrone us from 1st place. It’s how the game works, for now we are 1st – through the effort of all of us who fought since T4 and T3 and T2, not through effort of marginal guilds that get wet for french meat sticks.

All have fun and I hope you get as good ezloot bonanza as we got in first days of T1.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Brooke.9741

Brooke.9741

So… The only way to beat Blacktide now, is for others servers to match your coverage by attracting guilds to combat you, in time this may happen but atm seems no wants to.

Still, I guess it was worth it? Concentrating all the “elite guilds” into 1 server, to combat the big bad servers such as Deso/VS etc…. Hope it doesn’t get too lonely at the top

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

We’ve had some great fights on the way up, and if you think we have “all” the elite guilds, you seriously underestimate quite a lot of people and guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

So… The only way to beat Blacktide now, is for others servers to match your coverage by attracting guilds to combat you, in time this may happen but atm seems no wants to.

It will never happen unless some NA/Oceanic/Asian guilds come to the EU bracket. The only significant offpeak force playing on this side right now is Russians, and 90% of them are on Blacktide already so there’s simply no pool from which to recruit players to counter them.

TBH I don’t understand why WvW-centric guilds on low tier NA servers aren’t doing this already. Would be best for them and best for the game. If you can’t form multiple servers with real 24/7 coverage in a bracket, that bracket is dead.
Looks like atm the NA side is faring much better than the EU on this regard, but then, it was always going to be easier on that side due to the natural propension of Oceanics to go there. EU doesn’t have any “natural expansion” so any offpeak force has to be “stolen” from the other side.

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

Don’t know about other “elite” guilds, but CIR is quite bad and rubbish at PvP, if you lose to us you should probably cancel your subscription.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Genev carried Blacktide. :P

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Please stick to the topic, the current WvW Match Up of Blacktide, Vizunah Square and Desolation, instead of insulting each other and discussing certain Guilds. If further violations of the Code of Conduct happen this Thread will be locked permanently.

Thank you for your understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This will balance itself out.

Right now, not a lot of people have fun playing against BT. And are now actively preventing rising to tier1 and in tier1 passively letting themselves slip out.

Two servers every week will just not have fun, and probably not try a whole lot so they drop down a tier again where the play is more fun.
Meanwhile, BT will constantly be bored out of their skull because nothing can give them any meaningful opposition.

I expect guilds to leave BT in a week or two, when they realize no one wants to play with them anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Reidir.6391

Reidir.6391

It gets lonely when you see some camp under attack, you run there and see nothing, because neutral creeps where attacking the camp and died to guards.

I dont know why ppl only focus on one map. If you are loosing, change map and do a surprise attack on less guarded tower/keep. Today we (10-15 ppl from XAOC Int, with probably same number of pugs) holded BT borderland for about 2h (i had to log out at that time), upgraded most of the keeps/towers/camps and only 1-10 man groupes came (5+ man groupes came less often than 1-5 man). We could only upgrade those towers only because no big (organized) group came, dont know how many enemies where on other maps but on BT borderland there was not many deso/vs players.

in WvW

Posted by: BrutalPenguin.9017

BrutalPenguin.9017

It was quite fun today but not as much as on the previous week
made a little compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe759NqIKao

SpaceGiraffe
[Xaoc]

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

This week will be a time for all T1 to try the new content it seems, catch their breath and restructure. Desolation seems to be on the way down and many there have said thats fine with them. They are a fighting server and no doubt they will recover from this as well.

Blacktide isnt the only server with Russians however, I know that Piken Square has quite a few Russians and I believe they are eager to fight the Blacktide Russians.

I would love to see the match up between Piken Square and Blacktide, right now Piken is still growing and not quite ready but they are climbing up fast.

perhaps RUIN will move again after a week? keep in mind they cant move right now since its a 1 week event only. Flaming them will not really help with that though.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Tzun.6073

Tzun.6073

It gets lonely when you see some camp under attack, you run there and see nothing, because neutral creeps where attacking the camp and died to guards.

I dont know why ppl only focus on one map. If you are loosing, change map and do a surprise attack on less guarded tower/keep. Today we (10-15 ppl from XAOC Int, with probably same number of pugs) holded BT borderland for about 2h (i had to log out at that time), upgraded most of the keeps/towers/camps and only 1-10 man groupes came (5+ man groupes came less often than 1-5 man). We could only upgrade those towers only because no big (organized) group came, dont know how many enemies where on other maps but on BT borderland there was not many deso/vs players.

We simply don’t have the people mate, and those who tried last week are just tired and giving it a week to rest, there’s no point in trying for most people, so sorry but if you’re getting bored.. it sucks to be you, because the situation is not going to change for the most part.

in WvW

Posted by: Eugene.7358

Eugene.7358

I hope for a true alliance of the French next week
This week will be devoted to rest and new patch

Just a suggestion: maybe we should fight the our twinks(alts)?

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

I just quit playing WvW for now. sPvP/tPvP and my daily farm run will be enough to keep me going. Apart from that there is Black Ops 2, AC 3 and SC2 Heart of the Swarm.

RUIN isn’t your ordinary guild is basically a company that needs to satisfy its shareholders. You can’t keep shareholders satisfied if you are losing. Transferring is free so they opted for the easy way out.
I honestly don’t care anymore, I wish everyone the best of luck in WvW I am going to duck out for a week or 2.

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

i find it funny how people say how great bt are yet they are made up of major guilds from every other server jeeez i could transfer there if i wanted to and so could anybody else . I know lets everyone in w3 transfer to BT we would all be winners no losers raaaawr.

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/